Apple scooter

I am a local resident who needed a scooter rental for a relative coming in to town. I researched all the competition and decided to book with Apple.
I live near the airport and not disney and I was happy that I could pick a hotel from their website to which the scooter would be delivered.
The website indicated that the rate was all inclusive. And I immediately got a confirmation from booking on the web.

Today we called and spoke with Alex about changing the payment method on the scooter. When we received a confirmation email supporting the change- the rate increased by $20. The confirmation did not tell us that nor did Alex tell us that when we called to make our change. I just noticed it on the new confirmation. Upon calling and talking with Alex- he admitted that he himself manually increased the rate by adding a $20 delivery fee. He said that the aiport was far and that he was charging that to offset his "personnel" costs to deliver the scooter.
But, the problem is that their website gives 5 different airport hotels to choose from. When you go thru the booking process to have the scooter delivered - you are able to choose both on airport and off airport hotel's. We asked Alex to direct us on the website where it spells out the $20 fee to deliver to the airport and he admitted that it does not say that.
In fact - he could not provide us anything in writing to support where this fee come's in. Everthing actually supports the opposite - as it says the rate is inclusive and no hidden fee's. When I pointed that out to Alex- rather than apologize for their error on their own website - his answer was to say that this is the fee. He did not seem that broken up to lose our business until I told him that I would make sure that people considering his business who are not local - will know that his standard business practice is to manually adjust confirmed rate's without notice.

I had no choice but to cancelthe booking. Alex told me that he was a manager after I asked to talk to one. Unfortunately If this is how they do business- then I must go with a more reputable business that may be a bit more money- but has more honest, reputable business practice.

In the end it was not about the $20 additional. It was about a manual price adjustment done by this Alex- without evening explaining it to the customer.
If this is their standard business practice- renting from them seems like it could be a headache.

I am a local resident who needed a scooter rental for a relative coming in to town. I researched all the competition and decided to book with Apple.
I live near the airport and not disney and I was happy that I could pick a hotel from their website to which the scooter would be delivered.
The website indicated that the rate was all inclusive. And I immediately got a confirmation from booking on the web.

Today we called and spoke with Alex about changing the payment method on the scooter. When we received a confirmation email supporting the change- the rate increased by $20. The confirmation did not tell us that nor did Alex tell us that when we called to make our change. I just noticed it on the new confirmation. Upon calling and talking with Alex- he admitted that he himself manually increased the rate by adding a $20 delivery fee. He said that the aiport was far and that he was charging that to offset his "personnel" costs to deliver the scooter.
But, the problem is that their website gives 5 different airport hotels to choose from. When you go thru the booking process to have the scooter delivered - you are able to choose both on airport and off airport hotel's. We asked Alex to direct us on the website where it spells out the $20 fee to deliver to the airport and he admitted that it does not say that.
In fact - he could not provide us anything in writing to support where this fee come's in. Everthing actually supports the opposite - as it says the rate is inclusive and no hidden fee's. When I pointed that out to Alex- rather than apologize for their error on their own website - his answer was to say that this is the fee. He did not seem that broken up to lose our business until I told him that I would make sure that people considering his business who are not local - will know that his standard business practice is to manually adjust confirmed rate's without notice.

I had no choice but to cancelthe booking. Alex told me that he was a manager after I asked to talk to one. Unfortunately If this is how they do business- then I must go with a more reputable business that may be a bit more money- but has more honest, reputable business practice.

In the end it was not about the $20 additional. It was about a manual price adjustment done by this Alex- without evening explaining it to the customer.
If this is their standard business practice- renting from them seems like it could be a headache.

What I find interesting about this post is the users name and that the only two posts ever done are exactly the same and is a supposed negative report. To me this is either the work of a competitor or a troll.

I do not believe this claim at all. I think this is from someone trying to cause trouble. :sad2:

I use Apple every time I come down. I have been using them for the past 5 trips due to knee injury, but I have not had any problem. They are very helpful and I get the go-go elite scooter and it is very easy to manuver on the bus and around the crowds. Very easy to park it on the bus. I would highly recommend Apple. 2 weeks planned for December and I can't wait.

I just wanted to post about my recent visit to WDW and renting a scooter from Apple Scooter. I chose to rent from Apple after reading many recommendations here on the DIS and have to say the entire experience was Great. I would say you can rent from Apple Scooter with Complete Confidence.

I pre-ordered online then 3 days before arriving added my cc to the reservation, did something wrong I guess since Alex from Apple Scooter called me to verify that I wanted only (1) rental scooter. I was not charged until the day of delivery to BWI which went off without a hitch, it was there and waiting with bell services when we checked in around 11am.

I rented the 3 wheel model GO GO Elite and as others have mentioned it is very easy to maneuver in and around the resort and parks, turns on a dime, has plenty of power and did hold a charge well, no problems at all. I did charge it each evening when we went back to our room.

I was fearful of taking it on the buses but I have to say, my fears turned out to be unfounded. The bus driver was most helpful in calming my fears and showed me how to park it into the space on the bus. First on , last off coming and going to and from MK.

Going to MK was easier as there was a marked place at the resort bus stop for lining up, whereas there was none at MK so I entered the line with everyone else but when the bus arrived he parked got out and directed me to come to the back door and after lowering the ramp directed me to enter the vehicle.

I did not notice any strange looks or hear any comments of course I was concentrateing on entering the bus. I have to say I truely do not see why people would need to be upset, yes the ECV is allowed to enter the bus first but they have to wait for everyone else to exit before leaving the bus.

In short all my worries and concerns of renting an ECV for the first time were for not. Having a scooter made my trip much more enjoyable and I do not think it would have been possible with out one because of my COPD, back and knee problems.

We had excellent service from Apple Scooter. Delivered and pick-up as scheduled very polite and helpful. Great rates.

Shouldn't have any problems, and as most people have said, the service is excellent if you do. Enjoy!

We rented from Apple Scooter for our trip last week. Had the scooter delivered to our first hotel (Hard Rock at Universal) and picked up at our 2nd hotel at Disney.

Everything went very smoothly (except for HR's concierge not know where the scooter was stored). The scooter was the perfect - the battery literally stayed charged all day, even with the morning to late-night use we were giving it. We have had problems with this in the past with rental scooters....not this time! It was great!!

I couldn't have been more pleased.

We rented from Apple Scooter for our trip last week. Had the scooter delivered to our first hotel (Hard Rock at Universal) and picked up at our 2nd hotel at Disney.

Everything went very smoothly (except for HR's concierge not know where the scooter was stored). The scooter was the perfect - the battery literally stayed charged all day, even with the morning to late-night use we were giving it. We have had problems with this in the past with rental scooters....not this time! It was great!!

So happy to read about renting when doing a split stay between US & WDW as that is what I am thinking about for our next trip. Thanks for sharing!

As much as I hate to post this, I feel a moral obligation to do so.

I used Apple recently and I had a problem with my scooter(s) staying charged... At least compared with rentals from the past. I also did not like how the charge light functioned.

I don't know what is normal or expected, but in the past I have done 8 hrs with no charge on both on and off-site rental scooters. :confused3

With Apple, I exchanged scooters once, and then also exchanged the batteries on the second scooter, trying to get one that would give me a full day in the parks. I still did could not have done 8 hrs on a scooter with no charge. The second scooter was worse than my first one. I think it may have had a transmission issue, it seemed "draggy" rather than smooth. (This scooter needed a charge every 4-5 hours.)

ECV model- 3 wheel cheapest unit
My weight= less than 200 lbs

My rating
Price=A+ ( and free insurance for the time I rented)
Phone customer service= A+ ( Alex was great.)
Response time to come out to the resort= A+ ( Very nice tech, too.)
Scooter appearance = A- ( except for the big "Rent Me" sign on the basket that I did not like =F.)

Scooters used overall score = b- & c

I think it is an honest company with good intentions. My gut feeling is that maybe the scooters are a little less expensive than some companies, and that is why the pricing is better? Unfortunately I am not not sure the scooter I used was built solid enough for the heavy WDW rental use. I met another person at the park on the same model Apple scooter and after casual talk, she said she had had to exchange her scooter twice.

If you will not be using the scooter for more than a few hours at a time. I think the money savings might be worth it, but I am not sure if I will use them again or not.

What concerns me the most is that on both scooters ( three sets of batteries) the gauge would go from full charge to half charge or less in one jump, then from there it dropped rapidly. IMO, that does not give you adequate warning time. I can stop to charge at places around the park, but I would like enough warning that once I get the first drop in charge, I can get back to the resort on my own power if I choose.

YMMV.:goodvibes

I also noticed on both scooters, that the speed increased when the tiller was turned to the side. Since this was my first time on a 3 wheel scooter, I do not know if this is just something unique with them? It was not just the sensation of a more narrow turning radius, which I expected, the speed actually seemed to increase significantly. I think this could be especially troublesome for first time ECV users.

has anyone rented a powerchair from them at all please .As struggling find companies that do a powerchair .

I prefer powerchair as unable to walk at all and will be flying from uk with my manual as less likely be damaged than mypowerchair

I am happy to read all the positive reviews. We usually rent a scooter for myself through Buena Vista Rentals but we were price shopping and with all their fees it was $375 for 11 days verus Apple which would allow us to return later in the day, so cutting a day off and it being $250 for 10 days. To me that is a HUGE price increase! They also say A Disney Featured ECV Provider on their website. Anyone know what that means? I assume it is a good thing.

I am happy to read all the positive reviews. We usually rent a scooter for myself through Buena Vista Rentals but we were price shopping and with all their fees it was $375 for 11 days verus Apple which would allow us to return later in the day, so cutting a day off and it being $250 for 10 days. To me that is a HUGE price increase! They also say A Disney Featured ECV Provider on their website. Anyone know what that means? I assume it is a good thing.

It means that Disney actually has them on their website as a featured provider.
See the link. Just scroll down.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/ecv-rentals/

We used them in August and we had no problems. We are going to use them again this upcoming April and we are adding a stroller rental for our son.

HTH

Disney used to allow any ECV company to drop off and pick up their scooters at bell services. It apparently got to be too much, so now Disney has certain companies they have contracts with. Only those companies are allowed to drop off and pick up scooters at bell services. Apple is one of these, so if you rent through Apple your ECV will be waiting for you when you arrive and on the last day you just drop it back off at bell services. It doesn't necessarily mean that the preferred providers are any better or worse than any other company not on their preferred provider list. It just means that if you go with a company not on the list, that you'll have to arrange to meet the driver to get and also to drop off your ECV. Bell services won't be responsible for any ECV not provided by one of their "Preferred Providers".

Personally we've used Apple Scooters multiple times and have never had a problem. They've always had great service and we've never had a problem with any of their ECVs. In fact, we have a Go Go Elite booked for my mom for our Mach 21st-31st trip. We'd highly recommend them. They also give good discounts for repeat customers.

What model are all of you renting?
Is the cheapest one, that disassembles easily for putting in the trunk, sufficient for park touring?
Or should a person bump up to the next model to be sure to have enough battery life for all day in the parks?

Going in Sep with DSil, who has various medical issues. No choice but to get a scooter to do the parks.
Never having rented one, I have no clue what she needs.
I would guess she is no more than 200lbs?

What model are all of you renting? Is the cheapest one, that disassembles easily for putting in the trunk, sufficient for park touring? Or should a person bump up to the next model to be sure to have enough battery life for all day in the parks? Going in Sep with DSil, who has various medical issues. No choice but to get a scooter to do the parks. Never having rented one, I have no clue what she needs. I would guess she is no more than 200lbs?

We got the 3 wheel one for DH. The battery lasted all day. The battery part of the scooter is the heaviest DH had quite a workout putting it in the trunk of our mini van. Between two people it's not that bad to lift. As long as you charge the battery nightly it should be ok.

We got the 3 wheel one for DH. The battery lasted all day. The battery part of the scooter is the heaviest DH had quite a workout putting it in the trunk of our mini van. Between two people it's not that bad to lift. As long as you charge the battery nightly it should be ok.

But which model was it? The Go-Go Elite traveller Plus, or the Pride Victory 10 super Deluxe?

My DH rents the Go-Go Lite 3-wheeler and has had no problems with battery life. Just charged it over night. We did not break it down to transport it in a vehicle but I know it can be.

But which model was it? The Go-Go Elite traveller Plus, or the Pride Victory 10 super Deluxe?

Go-Go Elite Traveller Plus by Pride Mobility
Transportable Scooters
My husband weighs right now 200 lbs and hes 5' 10"

My mom is about 5'10" and around 220lbs and always gets the Go Go Elite. It's very easy to assemble and disassemble. Even with my bad back, I don't have a problem getting it in and out of the rental car by myself. We don't normally spend all day in the park, but have occasionally and have never had a problem with the battery.

Love the go go scooter. My husband and I rent them because they are the easiest to maneuver about the resort , parks, and buses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!