APH Rates Are Currently Available... [UPDATED 07/27/18]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just checked and APH rates are available through it looks like 2/11. For my dates, the rate I have from Orbitz with stay more and save + code is still better though.

yea well. forget that.........:sad:
i have been checking every few days to GET my reservations changed to APH rates for feb 8th +... just called & NOPE. they are SOLD OUT for APH rate. (well unless you want a club room that is still higher than regular room rate)
dang it!!! I had no problem the last 2 years booking in november for APH in feb.
they only have so many rooms to let for APH so they will NOT change your ressie to a APH rate.

i have been checking every few days to GET my reservations changed to APH rates for feb 8th +... just called & NOPE. they are SOLD OUT for APH rate. (well unless you want a club room that is still higher than regular room rate)
dang it!!! I had no problem the last 2 years booking in november for APH in feb.
they only have so many rooms to let for APH so they will NOT change your ressie to a APH rate.

That doesn't sound right. Keep checking as it sounds like perhaps the full roll out hasn't happened yet. AP rate rooms for early February just don't sell out that quickly.

Geez..The APH for my dates in Jan are HIGHER than the SMSM rate I have for the same dates...

I just checked and APH rates are available through it looks like 2/11. For my dates, the rate I have from Orbitz with stay more and save + code is still better though.

Thanks, johde! I checked this morning and I found APH rates through 2/13, so I've updated the first post to reflect it. Hey, this thread is doing its job!

Geez..The APH for my dates in Jan are HIGHER than the SMSM rate I have for the same dates...

My SMSM rate was $104 (before Orbitz discount) for a standard Tower rooms at Cabana Bay Jan. 6-11. There was no Standard rooms at Cabana Bay available but they had Pool View Tower Room for $100. The Discounts at Cabana Bay at that time were for Suites. They had Suites for $105. If I didn't have my current rate, even as a solo, for $5 extra I'd book a suite so I'd have a couch to sit on and a Microwave. A few weeks later they have Standard Tower rooms for $79 a night. That comes close to my rate.

My SMSM rate was $104 (before Orbitz discount) for a standard Tower rooms at Cabana Bay Jan. 6-11. There was no Standard rooms at Cabana Bay available but they had Pool View Tower Room for $100. The Discounts at Cabana Bay at that time were for Suites. They had Suites for $105. If I didn't have my current rate, even as a solo, for $5 extra I'd book a suite so I'd have a couch to sit on and a Microwave. A few weeks later they have Standard Tower rooms for $79 a night. That comes close to my rate.

I booked a Deluxe,Club level queen at Portofino at $305/night for the SMSM rate..The APH rate for the same dates, same room is $324 / night...Guess APH is not always cheaper

Sorry, I have tried to look, but can't find it. What exactly is SMSM? Can anyone get it?

APH rates for our stay in January are also higher than the SMSM rate...Wow. I guess I'll keep checking to see if maybe they come down.

APH rates for our stay in January are also higher than the SMSM rate...Wow. I guess I'll keep checking to see if maybe they come down.

Most of the time yes, smsm is better than AP or FL rate.

Were staying for 3 nights in December and the AP rate is cheaper for us than the SMSM by $90. per night. The AP rate saved us $130 per night over the seasonal (rack) rate. This is for a suite, but a savings of almost $400. for 3 nights is OK in my book. Well worth investing in at least 1 AP vs a regular park ticket .

PBH has an APH rate of $189 for those dates.

HRH has an APH rate of $184 for those dates.

Perhaps Royal Pacific is having a large conference or something at that time and there is a room shortage. There don't seem to be any standard rooms left at any rate.

We're saving $30/night at the Hard Rock (Garden View) in early February with the AP rate vs. the SMSM rate.

That doesn't sound right. Keep checking as it sounds like perhaps the full roll out hasn't happened yet. AP rate rooms for early February just don't sell out that quickly.

i know... i called 5 times since last night. there are not any queens or kings avail for that week in feb. they tell me a convention must have booked, but cannot confirm it to me.
when they get to ONLY a certain amount of rooms left in the categories they stop the aph rates.
there ARE aph rates for other rooms, & also at other resorts, but NOTHING cheaper than the regular rate of $238 of a queen that week. so am thinking of alternating with going to cabana beach.

reservations tell me to keep punching in the aph rate in the online system, if it pps up , then call them.

PBH has an APH rate of $189 for those dates.

HRH has an APH rate of $184 for those dates.

Perhaps Royal Pacific is having a large conference or something at that time and there is a room shortage. There don't seem to be any standard rooms left at any rate.

yes, the ressie person went through all the options with us.. BUT on monday we cannot change our stay, as we turned in "points" for this day,and cannot change it. I needed tuesday night then at RPH. then decided to add a sunday.
our kids are coming on monday/tues... but i had hoped the pricing would have gone down as past years.
sooooo i 'think' i will stay sunday night at cabana beach (dont need park perk for sunday) mon/tue at RPH ,, & kids ( well they are adults) mon/tue at cabana beach.

IF it wasn't for that monday night we have to stay at rph, i would have moved to one of the others.

i know... i called 5 times since last night. there are not any queens or kings avail for that week in feb. they tell me a convention must have booked, but cannot confirm it to me.
when they get to ONLY a certain amount of rooms left in the categories they stop the aph rates.
there ARE aph rates for other rooms, & also at other resorts, but NOTHING cheaper than the regular rate of $238 of a queen that week. so am thinking of alternating with going to cabana beach.

reservations tell me to keep punching in the aph rate in the online system, if it pps up , then call them.

Ya, there is something going on at RPR that has booked up all the standard rooms. It is really rare to have no standard rooms left for a date that far away.

For the record, I called on 10/9/14, and the AAA rates were not available for February yet. I know some of you check for both, so I thought I would save you a call.

I was able to get the AP rate for our dates, though, thanks to this thread! We went from reserving RPR club earlier this year, to HRH Deluxe because we added a person a couple months ago, then PBH club yesterday because it was just slightly higher with similar sq ft. So my vision for this vacation has changed so much, I don't know what to expect anymore. And just when my vacation ticker gets to the middle, I've had to reset it again!

And I REALLY would rather stay at Cabana Bay anyway, if it weren't for the express pass! :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter