AP prices increased [6/18/2019]

Can I ask why you would need to do that? I have current APs that expire in a July and we will be at Disney next week. I also have AP vouchers that I purchased to use later but you assigned them to our regular names. Is there a problem doing that?
Oh, is this what you should do if you have 2 vouchers for one person?

I'm with you--no reason to put them in another name. With APs you have to "activate" them with guest services. If yours is expiring in July, there will be no confusion because the other APs sitting in your name in MDE won't be activated until you do so with GS. Now, I can sort of understand if you have two APs which have not been activated. You could assign each pass to different names simply to differentiate when you ultimately activate them. Alternatively, if you have hoppers, etc. and wish to use those prior to activating the APs, I suppose it would avoid possible pass confusion although--again, if you haven't activated the AP at GS, there should be no confusion.

I have our new APs linked and ours expire in October after our next trip. I do not intend to activate the new APs until May. There shouldn't be an issue because I won't be approaching GS to activate the new APs.

Oh, is this what you should do if you have 2 vouchers for one person?
You can create an MDX profile to safeguard your APs for later. We're planning on not using/activating our APs for a couple of years and instead we're just printing the email from Sams and filing them in a safe, to be retrieved in 2021.

Yeah, I bought an AP last week and can't see the discounts. I think part of it is the place you link them...I linked it under the "My Tickets" and not my "Profile" so for some reason that means the Disney system doesn't see it, and of course then you can't add it to your profile because it's already linked. Fun!

💩 I linked mine under tickets--never even thought to do it under profile. Guess it really doesn't matter for me--not looking for AP discounts before I activate them since we are already booked for May in DVC. It just bugs me because you should only be able to link in one place so that the system is consistent or at the least, be able to link in both areas.

💩 I linked mine under tickets--never even thought to do it under profile. Guess it really doesn't matter for me--not looking for AP discounts before I activate them since we are already booked for May in DVC. It just bugs me because you should only be able to link in one place so that the system is consistent or at the least, be able to link in both areas.

I didn’t even realize there was two separate places you can link your AP. I linked mine under tickets too. I’m worried now this may effect my chances of even trying to sign up for the starwars preview in August.

It doesn't really matter much to me, either, but I just would like the 'completeness' of being able to view things before I activate. Oh well, I might try calling Disney IT just to see what they say (probably that I can't see stuff like that until I activate).

I didn’t even realize there was two separate places you can link your AP. I linked mine under tickets too. I’m worried now this may effect my chances of even trying to sign up for the starwars preview in August.

I'd call Disney if that's the case, just to see what they say. I hate that certain parts of the website don't talk to each other...if I link an AP under My Tickets, obviously it should also show up in my profile, but that's not the way the Disney Website World works I guess.

I bought my AP's this week too and I'm not able to see the AP rates either. I linked mine under the "my plans" section. The CM told me it's because they're not activated yet. We'll be there tomorrow, so I guess it'll fix itself...I hope. I'm just glad Sam's still had AP's available.

I'm with you--no reason to put them in another name. With APs you have to "activate" them with guest services. If yours is expiring in July, there will be no confusion because the other APs sitting in your name in MDE won't be activated until you do so with GS. Now, I can sort of understand if you have two APs which have not been activated. You could assign each pass to different names simply to differentiate when you ultimately activate them. Alternatively, if you have hoppers, etc. and wish to use those prior to activating the APs, I suppose it would avoid possible pass confusion although--again, if you haven't activated the AP at GS, there should be no confusion.

I have our new APs linked and ours expire in October after our next trip. I do not intend to activate the new APs until May. There shouldn't be an issue because I won't be approaching GS to activate the new APs.
Thank you! This makes perfect sense:)

I only learned about the 25% price increase for the Platinum Annual Pass today! I just upgraded to an AP in February, but there’s no way I’d pay the current price for another AP. However, when I read that Sam’s Club was selling them at greatly-discounted prices, I decided to buy the Platinum Pass from them and save it for 2021-2022 trips.

Just found out my work discount site (plumbenefits) has the discounted AP too. 924 including tax. I know I saw the ticketsatwork site mentioned somewhere, but not sure I saw plumbenifits (they look to maybe be related though anyway). I wonder if they always had discounted APs. I bought mine through Disney last year but thought I checked the site first, so i either missed it or this is new. Oh well.

Aww dang. I've been out of the loop this month and just saw this thread. I'd actually thought about buying the AP at the end of May/start of June to lock in the price just in case, but then I wanted to redo the math to make sure it was going to work for me, and then I got busy and....well, dang. I was expecting to save about $230 on tickets between my 2020 and 2021 trips by buying AP, which meant AP discounts would be a bonus instead of a necessity to break even. Now I have to start over on those calculations and decide if it's still worth it. With ticket prices continuing to go up...I don't know, maybe it's still a good buy. I'm just really disappointed that I'm facing such a big penalty for waiting to pull the trigger.

How does the Ebates work? What was your total with Ebates and Sam's? I'm already a Sam's member (even though they closed the closest Sam's last year) Can you use Disney Gift cards to pay at Sam's Club? We also are members of BJs. There you get savings on the gift cards. I bought 150 Disney gift card and saved over 5 dollars (thinking 10) at BJs . Could I use those gift cards at Sam's?

I bought a second set of APs at Sam's via ebates. Did not get anything from ebates. Probably because Sam's just gives you "membership" access to purchase through Ticketsatwork.

Ebates (now called Rakuten but can still be found under Ebates search) is a cash back program. It offers various percentages back on online purchases, or even in store purchases if linked to a credit card. The offers and percentages change and I don’t see the offer for travel available at Sam’s currently. But that could change, and it might be more or less than 1.5%

And I see someone else already answered that no you cannot use GC to pay.

It was 3% when I bought. But didn't get any ebates :(

Our fam - rest of our party are in Michigan - and we arrange everything so wondered if the APs would have been cheaper. Wife thought that it didn’t matter

My address is in Michigan and we paid $924.78 per ticket including all taxes and fees from Sam's Club.

Buying APs to hold for a few yrs... I'm not worried about the price of the platinum APs going down, because they won't. But I'm somewhat worried that they will come out with a different pass or special packages that are a better deal.

I'm probably just worried because this is large sum of money to commit and who knows how my health or situation will be in a few yrs. But do you think it's possible they will offer some sort of cheaper, seasonal AP with blackouts for out of staters, or better deal on tickets?

I worry about the same things. But then realized I have not regretted investing in nonexpiring tickets a few years ago and then tickets with no expiry dates after that. With the annual price hikes, I am far ahead of the game now. Plus it makes me feel better that tickets can easily be reassigned. So I bought two sets. One to activate on our Christmas 2019 trip and another set to use in 5-10 years. My guess is APs will have expiry dates soon - i.e. vouchers have to be activated within a year.

Ok, so I bought two sets of AP's for DH and I to be activated some time in the future. I think that I read somewhere, I can't find it now, that I should link one of the sets of AP's under our actual name and create a second set of false names to link the other two for future use. Has anyone done this and if so how? In the future when I'm ready to activate that second set of passes how do I switch them to our real names?

Thanks for bringing this up! The discussion was helpful. I think I will link both sets of APs to our regular MDE. I also have a second MDE in our middle names with our nonexpiring tickets (still 6 days left!) so that those don't get mixed up with our APs.

Just found out my work discount site (plumbenefits) has the discounted AP too. 924 including tax. I know I saw the ticketsatwork site mentioned somewhere, but not sure I saw plumbenifits (they look to maybe be related though anyway). I wonder if they always had discounted APs. I bought mine through Disney last year but thought I checked the site first, so i either missed it or this is new. Oh well.

Plum is the same thing as Ticketsatwork. Also WorkingAdvantage. They have always offered a small discount I think. But the current huge discount is because they still have the old prices.

Aww dang. I've been out of the loop this month and just saw this thread. I'd actually thought about buying the AP at the end of May/start of June to lock in the price just in case, but then I wanted to redo the math to make sure it was going to work for me, and then I got busy and....well, dang. I was expecting to save about $230 on tickets between my 2020 and 2021 trips by buying AP, which meant AP discounts would be a bonus instead of a necessity to break even. Now I have to start over on those calculations and decide if it's still worth it. With ticket prices continuing to go up...I don't know, maybe it's still a good buy. I'm just really disappointed that I'm facing such a big penalty for waiting to pull the trigger.

Groupon has a deal for Sam's Club membership now. It is practically free. I just bought a membership and bought 2 more APs at the old prices.

My case was worse as I had gotten two 7 day tix and was planning to upgrade them to APs in December. So now I have to sell the two tix I have.

Sam's Club still has the old price - I looked just now.
With tax its $924.78 for Platinum (non-FL). About $100 more for Plus. Costs $40 for Sam's membership, and its all online in minutes (I signed up for Sam's Club online - none in my state - a few minutes later had my membership number, then bought the APs. Took 16 minutes each of the 3 AP purchases I made from the email confirming the purchase to the email with the code you need to link to MDE (its in the body of the email and an attachment FYI).

Sam's Club still has the old price - I looked just now.
With tax its $924.78 for Platinum (non-FL). About $100 more for Plus. Costs $40 for Sam's membership, and its all online in minutes (I signed up for Sam's Club online - none in my state - a few minutes later had my membership number, then bought the APs. Took 16 minutes each of the 3 AP purchases I made from the email confirming the purchase to the email with the code you need to link to MDE (its in the body of the email and an attachment FYI).

Where do you link it in MDE? Profile or under my plans?

Where do you link it in MDE? Profile or under my plans?

There was a lengthy discussion up thread about this topic. It was believed that if you link it under my plans, you will not see the AP discounts until you activate. If you link it under profile, you could have the opposite results.

So am I understanding you all correctly and you can purchase the AP voucher from Sam's Club now and not activate it right away and save it for later? As in purchase now and don't actually use the AP until 2021? And you don't have to pay anything else for non expiring benefits?
This sounds too good to be true, so I'm afraid I'm misunderstanding something...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter