AP prices increased [6/18/2019]

So am I understanding you all correctly and you can purchase the AP voucher from Sam's Club now and not activate it right away and save it for later? As in purchase now and don't actually use the AP until 2021? And you don't have to pay anything else for non expiring benefits?
This sounds too good to be true, so I'm afraid I'm misunderstanding something...
The voucher is activated at Guest Services once you get to the park. They will give you an actual card then, to show for discounts. I think you have until Dec 21, 2030 to activate the voucher.

For those interested in purchasing from AAA while they still have passes at the old price...I was just in a Florida AAA office getting some info with my mom who is a FL resident. The woman helping us mentioned that the letter they received indicated that the new pricing would go into effect for them on July 1. I think AAA is driven by the same thing as Sams and TicketsAtWork. So don't be surprised to see the new pricing through these options beginning July 1.

Yay! I now have my first ever Sam's Club membership.
I bought two annual passes, one for me and one for my husband. Will we each get a voucher? Or is this the voucher that gets turned into Guest Services. It has my name and “quantity 2”. What if we don’t both activate at the same time?

Last edited:
Groupon has a deal for Sam's Club membership now. It is practically free. I just bought a membership and bought 2 more APs at the old prices.

My case was worse as I had gotten two 7 day tix and was planning to upgrade them to APs in December. So now I have to sell the two tix I have.
Sam's Club still has the old price - I looked just now.
With tax its $924.78 for Platinum (non-FL). About $100 more for Plus. Costs $40 for Sam's membership, and its all online in minutes (I signed up for Sam's Club online - none in my state - a few minutes later had my membership number, then bought the APs. Took 16 minutes each of the 3 AP purchases I made from the email confirming the purchase to the email with the code you need to link to MDE (its in the body of the email and an attachment FYI).

Thank you!!

Time to make the decision all over again--I'm glad to know I have the option (theoretically until Monday), but I'd reconciled myself today to the idea of buying tickets individually for each trip and having more flexibility for if/when I go in 2021. Have to decide whether I'm back on Plan A or sticking with Plan B. We do have a Sam's Club in town; I stopped my membership years ago because I wasn't getting great value out of it, but if it'll bring me back over the break-even point on the AP it could be a nice bonus to have the membership for a year.

Thank you!!

Time to make the decision all over again--I'm glad to know I have the option (theoretically until Monday), but I'd reconciled myself today to the idea of buying tickets individually for each trip and having more flexibility for if/when I go in 2021. Have to decide whether I'm back on Plan A or sticking with Plan B. We do have a Sam's Club in town; I stopped my membership years ago because I wasn't getting great value out of it, but if it'll bring me back over the break-even point on the AP it could be a nice bonus to have the membership for a year.

Mickey Math strikes again!!!

Does anyone know why Disney differentiates between 3-9 vs 10+ for ages on platinum APs? Price looks to be the same. Is it just so they have the option of a different price at a past/later date? (I just bought 6 APs through tickets at work, two of which are age 3-9, and am now worried we won’t use them before my kid turns 10! Should’ve thought of it first but oh well.)

Is it an issue if someone turns 10 while the age 3-9 AP is still valid?

Biting the bullet and buying the AP--I figure since I have 2030 to activate it I can still make a decision in the coming months about whether I want to use it this year or save it. If I decide not to use it on this trip, though, that kind of messes up my budget. :scared:

Edit: Except maybe not, since Groupon isn't sending me any confirmation that they received my order...and I'm still waffling on the entire enterprise. Ugh.

Last edited:
Biting the bullet and buying the AP--I figure since I have 2030 to activate it I can still make a decision in the coming months about whether I want to use it this year or save it. If I decide not to use it on this trip, though, that kind of messes up my budget. :scared:
I’m a little concerned that my ticket/voucher doesn’t have the 2030 expiration date on it. Maybe it never expires?!

Last edited:

Edit: Except maybe not, since Groupon isn't sending me any confirmation that they received my order...and I'm still waffling on the entire enterprise. Ugh.
When I bought my Groupon a couple of days ago, I got it immediately. DH bought a Groupon for something else this morning, it took 4-5hrs to show up. He was so frustrated. Not sure if there is a tech issue today.

I’m a little concerned that my ticket/voucher doesn’t have the 2030 expiration date on it. Maybe it never expires?!

View attachment 412724

You won't see the expiration until you load it to your Profile in MDE. I loaded mine and it immediately said 2030.

You won't see the expiration until you load it to your Profile in MDE. I loaded mine and it immediately said 2030.

Thanks. I realized that when I woke up this morning.
I remember last year activating it at guest services outside Epcot. Once it’s in MDE, do I still need to bring the piece of paper, the voucher, to guest services? I don’t remember.

Thanks. I realized that when I woke up this morning.
I remember last year activating it at guest services outside Epcot. Once it’s in MDE, do I still need to bring the piece of paper, the voucher, to guest services? I don’t remember.

I don't think so? But haven't done it before. Glad you asked! Hopefully our experienced Disers will give us the scoop :)

I don't think so? But haven't done it before. Glad you asked! Hopefully our experienced Disers will give us the scoop :)

Yes--you need the voucher. That was in the instruction email I received. We haven't had a "new AP" in many years, but I seem to recall that we had to take the voucher with us along with ID. Renewals required the old AP and ID.

When I bought my Groupon a couple of days ago, I got it immediately. DH bought a Groupon for something else this morning, it took 4-5hrs to show up. He was so frustrated. Not sure if there is a tech issue today.

I finally got an error message in my email this morning--Groupon wasn't able to process the purchase. Honestly, I'm glad; after I input payment for the Sam's Club membership I had a sinking feeling and wanted to undo it--I think I'm not actually prepared to commit to an AP purchase. I have a lot of non-WDW travel plans that are all kind of up in the air, and I think it's better for me to just buy tickets trip by trip and just accept that I might end up paying a bit more for that flexibility.

I have the exact same problem , bought 2 and it just says "quantity 2" ,
I thought Id get two vouchers and I got one just like yours.
I don't have a printer so no clue what to do with this.
There is no numbers to connect to my mde so :confused3
they didn't ask for names when I ordered the 2

So, can anyone tell me what to do with this ?
The PDF in the email should have a bar code with letters and numbers under it. Enter the code on MDE and it will ask then who to attach each voucher to.

Have a feeling that tomorrow is the last day before new AP prices kick in Mon, July 1st for Sams.

We were going to wait until our new credit card came in the mail Mon, to fulfill the $500 spending bonus, but Unfortunately, I couldn’t hold out until then.

thank you ,

do I still need to take the piece of paper to disney when I go , or
at the guest window they will see these in my mde account ??
I asked that same question on another thread and was told we shouldn’t ‘need’ the paper copy but it may be a good idea to have it just in case. We all know how reliable Disney tech is. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter