Any Single Disney Men Out There?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make mine Ham, Peperroni and Bacon...YUM...oh and Double Cheese is not bad....

yea know...this is kinda sad...how did we get from romance to pizza? :confused3

Pizza can be romantic...anything can... add a nice bottle of wine, some candles and you can have a romantic dinner at home ;)

tawasdave said:
yea know...this is kinda sad...how did we get from romance to pizza? :confused3

...but of course we are getting closer to 3000 posts...did I hear right that the person with the 3000th post gets a free trip home courtesy of Disboards?...just checkin... :thumbsup2 :Pinkbounc :bounce: :banana: :cheer2: :dance3: :firefight

sandy5764 said:
Doesn't anyone just eat pizza with pepperoni anymore????

I'm glad you said that and not me... :thumbsup2 Just make mine with plain ole' pepperoni, thanks -- or even just plain cheese! Then I'll be happy because I won't have to spend 30 minutes picking disgusting bits of things off my pizza. :teeth:

Okay, my question for the day: Would you incorporate Disney into your wedding at all? What elements? Go all out and get married at Disney, or just have a Mickey caketopper?

Gina said:
I'm glad you said that and not me... :thumbsup2 Just make mine with plain ole' pepperoni, thanks -- or even just plain cheese! Then I'll be happy because I won't have to spend 30 minutes picking disgusting bits of things off my pizza. :teeth:

Okay, my question for the day: Would you incorporate Disney into your wedding at all? What elements? Go all out and get married at Disney, or just have a Mickey caketopper?

I would definitely incorporate Disney into my wedding (which I'm hoping is going to be happening one of these days - keep hinting to my BF - :bride:). I wouldn't go all out though. If I had $100,00 that was burning a hole in my pocket, then I would do the whole Disney wedding, but since I'm "of an age" where my parents wouldn't be picking up the tab (the whole bride's parents paying for everything was over for me a looooooong time ago), and I don't have an extra $100,000, I'd do something like the cake topper, etc., but that would be it.

vital said:
We have a local pizza place here, Soulshine Pizza, that makes some strange but good pizza! There's the White Album-white sauce, chicken, cheese. Then there's the Rastafarian-jerk chicken, pinapple, cheese, and some other things I don't remember right now. My fav is the Magic Mushroom. It has about 5 different types of mushrooms and cheeses. Awesome!

And of course your chain stores, but we also have the Mellow Mushroom pizza chain. I know there's one in Destin, but I don't know if they have them up north. If you find one, go, it's great! pirate:
I'm sorry, but that just isn't real pizza :sad2: . That's just flatbread with stuff thrown on top; which is okay if that's what you want. We actually have two places owned by a Sicilian family. Real pizzqa starts with the dough. Thin, crispy on the outside, moist and chewy on the inside. Maybe put some sauce (a little sauce) on it, thin sliced tomatos, some sliced olives, italian sausage, maybe some pepperoni (too much stuff on it and it's not a pizza anymore). For cheese some provolone, mozzarella, feta, maybe throw on some fresh parmesan or romano when it's done. Thatsa good pizza!!! :love:

Gina said:

I think I would either want to do a small wedding at Disney, not the Wedding Pavillion, just close family and a few friends, or a small wedding at home with a disney theme...Unlike most of my friends who have had 200+ people at their weddings...A. I don't know that many people B. I really don't want my mothers 3rd cousin twice removed that met me once when I was three there. C. I think it means more when only the people who know and love you are there to witness.

Just my 2 cents

When I was in Italy a few years back I got a chance to eat REAL pizza. It is nothing like what we have here. Truth is, what we laughingly refer to here as Italian food is nothing like what you will find there and everything I tried there was amazing...

The original pizza was called the Margarita named after Queen Marguerite of Italy. It simply had cheese, tomatoes and oregano on it.

And now...back to romance....

I have to agree with you on this one, katydidbug1. I just attended a wedding a couple of weeks ago that was HUGE, I'm talking HUGE, HUGE, HUGE. My BF was a driver in the wedding, so we waited around for pictures, went to some local spots for pictures to be taken, etc. What a pain in the butt!! I swore right there that when I get married it will be a small, intimate affair. All I want there are my parents, sister, nieces, and his parents, siblings, etc. I personally would rather not spend that amount of money on a wedding, but rather spend more on a wonderful, remember for my lifetime honeymoon. :thumbsup2

mickeysbestfriend said:
When I was in Italy a few years back I got a chance to eat REAL pizza. It is nothing like what we have here. Truth is, what we laughingly refer to here as Italian food is nothing like what you will find there and everything I tried there was amazing...

The original pizza was called the Margarita named after Queen Marguerite of Italy. It simply had cheese, tomatoes and oregano on it.

That's too funny... I'm 100% Sicilian, and I about starve to death every time we go to Italy. LOL One time my brother and I thought we could just order pizza plain and maybe escape the weirdness, but "plain" in Italy means just like you said -- olive oil, cheese, tomatoes. I grew up with this stuff, but just can't stand a whole lot of it. Guess I'm too Americanized. :)

The pizza place around the corner from me is supposed to have the best pizza in the Boston area. Five months here and I still haven't gotten over to check it out...guess I need some company to motivate me to get out more... :rotfl:

Gina said:
That's too funny... I'm 100% Sicilian, and I about starve to death every time we go to Italy. LOL One time my brother and I thought we could just order pizza plain and maybe escape the weirdness, but "plain" in Italy means just like you said -- olive oil, cheese, tomatoes. I grew up with this stuff, but just can't stand a whole lot of it. Guess I'm too Americanized. :)

it's true. What we think is the food of another country served here is rarely even remotely close what they eat. I love the culinary experience when I travel but I can't say the same for some of the other people who go on these tours. They complained about the portions not being big enough, not being served mountains of pasta (it's an appetizer to Italians) actually told the chefs they didn't know how to make dishes like tiramasu....and we wonder where the "ugly" rep comes from..

A kangaroo burger isn't what you'd think either...

And yes, food can be very romantic....over a candlelit table in a darkened restaurant.....a bottle of wine....or in front of a fireplace....looking into each others eyes....

mickeysbestfriend said:
And yes, food can be very romantic....over a candlelit table in a darkened restaurant.....a bottle of wine....or in front of a fireplace....looking into each others eyes....

And who's to say romantic has to equal sultry and exotic? Throwing marshmallows at each other from several feet away can be romantic in a fun and playful way. Whenever you get the marshmallow into the other person's mouth, you earn a kiss. Everybody wins. :teeth:

sandy5764 said:
I have to agree with you on this one, katydidbug1. I just attended a wedding a couple of weeks ago that was HUGE, I'm talking HUGE, HUGE, HUGE. My BF was a driver in the wedding, so we waited around for pictures, went to some local spots for pictures to be taken, etc. What a pain in the butt!! I swore right there that when I get married it will be a small, intimate affair. All I want there are my parents, sister, nieces, and his parents, siblings, etc. I personally would rather not spend that amount of money on a wedding, but rather spend more on a wonderful, remember for my lifetime honeymoon. :thumbsup2
Been through the big wedding once already. Unless it is something my future bride wants I am just doing a very simple wedding. I would rather spend the money for a wedding on a honeymoon, and maybe a home or savings. :thumbsup2

Gina said:
My only exception to the rule about pizza would be Chicago style. Thin crust in a deep pan with layers upon layers of chease, meat, & veggies. Heart Attack in a Pan!!!! So delish though. :goodvibes

Gina said:
And who's to say romantic has to equal sultry and exotic? Throwing marshmallows at each other from several feet away can be romantic in a fun and playful way. Whenever you get the marshmallow into the other person's mouth, you earn a kiss. Everybody wins. :teeth:
Now that's a game I'd like to play. I'll have to store that in the repertoire. :thumbsup2

Okay, after all this talk about pizza, I'm definitely going to be stopping and getting one for supper on the way home from work tonight. Already have steak thawing out, but need pizza, need pizza, need pizza. :rotfl2:

One of the few things in life I crave.....well.....that and a long passionate kiss that leads to.....

As to the Disney wedding thing....I wouldn't spend the money on the big sheebang but I'd love to have a ceremony on property like say at POR or OKW with family and a few close friends in attendance they have a reception at the Biergarten! Dros! then maybe a honeymoon cruise....

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter