Am I Up to the Challenge of the 2014 F&WF? Bring on the Food!

"By the Looks of Things, I'd Say We are Running Out of Time at 'the Kingdom'..."

....on his BEST day, Ron would never dream of riding Splash Mountain, on account of his hair might get mussed [God forbid! :rotfl2: ]. Well, today was no exception, but this time I thought it prudent to forego that wild and wet wonder known as 'Splash', and for good reason. Ron was not up to waiting for me to board the ride, since it was becoming more evident that his strength wavered while his low-grade fever grew. Plus, the temperature of the day only maxxed out at a balmy 62 degrees, not including the increasing wind gusts. I certainly would not relish getting drenched on a day like today, so, sadly, I took a pass on it. We continued walking to our right, in the direction of PoTC, and the gathering crowd and yet again, Ron nixed this ride as well, although we did catch a glimpse of the Pirate Tutorial:

20141101_141923_zps448834cb.jpg

20141101_142004_zps963454b7.jpg

20141101_142008_zps5dc9618d.jpg

....while Sparrow had a remarkable resemblance to the big 'JD' himself (sounded just like Depp too!) we forged on, passing the seemingly long line of folks waiting to order a Dole Whip or two. Well, I guess that wasn't in the cards for me either...:confused3

The reality of it was, we had bigger fish to fry. We had fastpasses for Buzz Lightyear and they'd be running out soon, so...

:scratchin Hmmmm. I wonder who the King or Queen of the Kimmar family on BuzzLightyear is. I'm thinking Kimmar by a close margin.

(And shame about passing Splash, PotC and Dole Whip. But it was probably for the best if Ron was feeling poorly.)

:scratchin Hmmmm. I wonder who the King or Queen of the Kimmar family on BuzzLightyear is. I'm thinking Kimmar by a close margin.

(And shame about passing Splash, PotC and Dole Whip. But it was probably for the best if Ron was feeling poorly.)

...sadly, we took a pass on a LOT that day...:guilty:

" 'There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow'...Too Bad We'll Be on a Plane"

....turns out, Ron was lucky enough to get that 'special' bulls-eye...you know, the one that gives you a score of, like, a gazillion. Needless-to-say, he beat the pants off me, so, I guess we are even-steven. One day, we might just have to return to WDW for the Great Tie-Breaker.....

Tomorrowland is our favorite of the 'lands' at MK; we thought it best to stay put, especially since I had a feeling that my brother and co. would be heading towards this area soon anyway. As luck would have it, he texted me and my instincts were correct - they were somewhere in the bowels of Space Mountain, so we wasted no time using another one of those 'special' fastpasses and hurried along the empty fastpass line. Correct me if I'm wrong but it seemed to me that Space Mountain has gotten a bit faster AND darker - not that I'm complaining or anything. Ron and I boarded our 'ship' and Kirk was nowhere to be found - he and his group were to the left [as you enter] and we stayed to the right. Well, we did meet up in the arcade afterwards, hugging each other and talking a mile a minute, but we soon parted ways and never met up for the little time that we both had at WDW....of course, we only stayed in Tomorrowland long enough to ride our absolute faves - mine, the Wedway People Mover, and Ron, CoP:

20141101_144655_zps06387bd2.jpg

20141101_144736_zps2398dffb.jpg

20141101_144814_zps520beb3f.jpg

20141101_144839_zps0b98dcb0.jpg

20141101_144843_zpsbd70cc5f.jpg

20141101_145315_zps705c040f.jpg

20141101_145318_zps4017da3f.jpg

20141101_151520_zpseb7de0dc.jpg

20141101_151533_zps9d985d02.jpg

.....there's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day-y-y-y-y....

[next post - Page 12 ~ Post #166]​

"....Let's Say Our Last Good-bys to the Castle - But First, a word From Our Local Turkey Leg Vendor..."

....do you know how a Disney vacation is really no vacation unless you board your favorite ride or see your favorite attraction, or in general, go through the motions of some sacred tradition? For Ron, it's the turkey leg. He can't get enough of them; traditionally, we buy one [to share] at Toluca Turkey Legs in DHS, but true to form, we missed a lot of our "must do's" and the eating of the turkey leg was no exception. Once again, we crossed over in front of the castle:

20141101_163116_zpsa90bb386.jpg

20141101_163121_zps6b66dfe5.jpg

...of which some sort of afternoon character show was taking place - we've long since taken in any of the shows, mainly because our boys are grown, and, quite frankly, while most of the park-goers converge for an optimum spot at the center of the 'wheel', we traverse along one of the spokes to clearer pastures. In other words, it's less crowded in the lands while a good portion of the crowd is taking in a show or parade.

5bf5b589-f227-4ed8-9731-fa20d01f386d_zps30820cfa.jpg

....in Frontierland, we hurried over to the turkey leg kiosk, where the CM informed us that we were in luck, since he had just received a new batch of turkey legs; that kind CM picked out a great big, juicy leg and carefully wrapped it up 'to go', letting us know that we could get one of those blue Disney bags at the kiosk next door that sells those Davy Crockett hats. My DH has always been fascinated by the patrons walking along, happily chomping away at their 'food handles', mostly because those turkey legs always contain so much sinew and tendons and the like. He enjoys it in a more dignified way - mainly, by dissecting it and hovering over the pink, fleshy meat with a fork, slowly devouring each succulent morsel. Personally, eating it as a sort of 'finger food' satisfies the most 'Fred Flintstone' instinct in me. Eating a turkey leg with a fork and knife is like eating a slice of pizza with eating utensils - you just don't do it, or, at least I don't.

With leg in hand, securely wrapped like a souvenir, we headed towards the exit, stopping here and there along Main Street to look for what I secretly yearned - a WDW Alex and Ani bracelet. As fate would have it, Ron was in an especially good mood. Was it because he was now in possession of a fragrant turkey leg? Was it because his fever was breaking? Was it because he knew that we'd be headed back to New Jersey first thing in the morning? Was it because my DS's party was successfully thwarted? Personally, I think it was a little of all of the above, but who am I to argue with his sudden bout of generosity? :confused3 (;) ) Needless to say, I became the proud owner of two bracelets - one silver, one gold, and now I was as giddy as Ron, as we continued along Main Street:

20141101_170316_zpsbcd77cd5.jpg

20141101_170435_zpsdb76d5f1.jpg

20141101_170443_zpsb3d88cbc.jpg

20141101_170454_zps3219c03c.jpg

20141101_170525_zps367d88f1.jpg

20141101_170535_zps143878d5.jpg

....being back here reminded me of the mishap earlier in the day - for now, the wound was just a dull ache:

20141101_170554_zps98d90667.jpg

20141101_170616_zps7ccb23e7.jpg

20141101_170712_zpsf5c55bf3.jpg

20141101_170700_zps34438726.jpg

....we arrived at the bus depot with moments to spare, and were soon relaxing in the comfort of a Mickey bus on its way to AKL, after a long eventful day spent at Magic Kingdom....it was bittersweet to sit in that bus and pass the Contemporary, as I sighed a silent sigh, visioning sushi and steak....I could almost taste it now. Almost.

[next post - Page 13 ~ Post #193]​

Ah, the WEDway..... a girl after my own heart. :love: I love that any time of day, but it's particularly magical at night. I just love how Tomorrowland is all lit up in different colors, and if you time it just right, you can catch a glimpse or two of Wishes! on your way 'round.

Love the pics of all the Main Street shop displays! And glad Ron finally got his NOM-tastic turkey leg. :upsidedow

Ah, the WEDway..... a girl after my own heart. :love: I love that any time of day, but it's particularly magical at night. I just love how Tomorrowland is all lit up in different colors, and if you time it just right, you can catch a glimpse or two of Wishes! on your way 'round.....

....right? :thumbsup2

WEDway? :scratchin I'm a TTA kinda-Jilly-hop-lately. :sad:

Congrats on your A&A bracelet. Dare I hope for a picture of your spoils?
And I've never understood the allure of a Turkey Leg. We did imbibe on one of our trips and....as newbies to the Great Turkey Leg chomp, we got 2 of the legs. Eyes definitely bigger than our stomachs.

We were disappointed at how chewy they were and never one to waste food, I ended up taking it back to our off-site accommodation and using them to make soup. :confused3

Loving your pictures. :thumbsup2

...as newbies to the Great Turkey Leg chomp, we got 2 of the legs. Eyes definitely bigger than our stomachs.

We were disappointed at how chewy they were and never one to waste food, I ended up taking it back to our off-site accommodation and using them to make soup....

....interesting....

....I'm inclined to believe that DH is a direct descendant to the cave man - he is definitely a meat-eater!

....I'm inclined to believe that DH is a direct descendant to the cave man - he is definitely a meat-eater!

:scratchin......By your logic, my DH is a vegetarian. Does that mean he's a direct descendant.......(dare I post it).......of a(n udderly hot) cow?????

:rotfl:

....but srsly, I'm glad that you've taken the time to actually come here and read my TR.....:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter