Am I Up to the Challenge of the 2014 F&WF? Bring on the Food!

Here I am!!!!!

I'll read after I get the kiddos to bed, but I did see the Harry Potter pics. DH and I went, just the 2 of us, in Sept. LOVED IT!!!! (It was our first vacation, just the two of us, ever)

Here I am!!!!!

I'll read after I get the kiddos to bed, but I did see the Harry Potter pics. DH and I went, just the 2 of us, in Sept. LOVED IT!!!! (It was our first vacation, just the two of us, ever)

YAY! Glad you enjoyed a couples vacay. :thumbsup2

I'm through page 3, and I just have to say, you are too cute!!!

So FJ made me queasy so have been nervous about trying Gringotts...any thought on comparing the two for slight motion sickness or should I just take some Dramamine :confused3

Gringotts is much tamer than FJ. DH can't ride FJ, but was fine with Gringotts

YAY! Glad you enjoyed a couples vacay. :thumbsup2

It was great! 3 days at Universal including HHN. A trip to Downtown Disney. Then a couple days at Venice Beach. No Disney World, but it gives me an excuse to whine about needing another vacation.

"Hogsmeade, We Are Here.....But I'm Kinda HUNGRY"

He didn't complain once about his order, and there was nary a drop left on his plate - my estimation is that he enjoyed his meal, which seemed to be hearty, filling and reasonably priced. I ordered the Roast Beef panini, which was quite tasty (I was STUFFED). Jean-Pierre and Maureen ordered the Tuscan Tomato Soup and Cordon Bleu Grilled Chicken Sandwich, and the Roasted Corn and Tortilla Soup with the Mythos Pad Thai, respectively. All in all, I have to admit that I was pleasantly surprised. Our table was located in a sort of 'out-of-the-way' location, the food was surprisingly tasty and well-presented, and the service was not half-bad. Dare I say, I'd actually probably eat there again....

:thumbsup2 We haven't been in more than 10 years , but I recall Mythos being one of our favorite restaurants ...

popcorn::popcorn:: I'm waiting to know about ::yes::::yes:: Harry Potter's restaurant , Butter beer ans such ...:wizard:

.....didn't get a chance this time out....:confused3

Grumpy-cat-no1.jpg

HOW.COULD.YOU. :badpc:

"....but.....We Have These Blue Bands...."

...we wanted to check out more of Diagon Alley and go exploring since we knew our time was limited, being it was Halloween and a grand celebration was about to be had all over this park, so we scurried back to Hogwarts Express to catch the next ride. As we walked along the queue towards the station, several workers carrying those paper wristbands approached us, letting us know that we could linger in US until 6PM and that this would allow us to return to Diagon Alley to board HE once more in the event that we ventured past London - basically, it insured entrance so that we could ride HE to return to IoA. We knew that we were running out of time and that the Simpsons/MiB area would be out of the question, so we, instead, opted to seek out some minions:

20141031_165618_zpsd7fba840.jpg

20141031_165600_zps762f3340.jpg

20141031_165614_zpsc2db841b.jpg

....as we exited this attraction [which was quite entertaining, BTW] we noticed the increase in park patrons - most of them dressed, well, uhhhh, in most 'interesting' ways....we high-tailed it back to London, just passing the added barricades that weren't there when we had left this area....

20141031_175036_zpsa1b64dd0.jpg

...we proceeded down the now-eery street of Diagon Alley as the waning sun cast long shadows across the buildings, wishing to sample some of that cool confection known as ice cream, at Florean Fortescue's Ice-Cream Parlour. The line was, not surprisingly, out the door, but it was quick-moving and well worth the wait. We continued to meander in and out of several shops,

20141031_174617_zps50f22a36.jpg

...noticing that many park-goers had already vacated to other parts of the park or simply left altogether. I also noticed that Ron was clearing his throat quite a bit, and attributed it to the coldness of the ice cream. He also sneezed several times - we joked that he was allergic to theme parks, and fun in general....:rotfl: By this time, the barricades were fully blocked by the park workers and we were no longer allowed to pass through US. Of course, the only way out was via Hogwarts Express, but as we entered, an insolent young worker stopped us in our tracks and demanded that we produce our park-to-park passes. Turns out, Jean had discarded his [ :confused3 ] but we tried to explain that we had these blue bands on our wrists which were given to us by the workers at IoA. So, our dilemma was, do we walk through US to the exit to leave, or do we ride HE once more to exit via IoA? Jean became so insensed that he merely walked right past her; we followed in his wake. Really, how would we have even gotten those wristbands hadn't we been at Hogsmeade Station?

20141031_184243_zps2bb8f640.jpg

....we fought the ever-growing evening crowd as we were leaving US/IoA: Ron was especially anxious, since now he began to complain that he felt somewhat drained and that his throat was bothering him, so we searched for the nearest CVS, where he purchased some aspirin and throat lozenges....calling it a day, we shared a bottle of wine back at AKL, walked our friends to the lobby entrance, and wished them a safe return home, since they would be driving back home around 11AM the next morning.....meanwhile, the rumor of a party at our house resurfaced due to an abrupt call from our DS, so yet another damper had been thrown on our fun-filled day, along with the inevitable fact that Ron was getting sick, which, of course, wasn't helped by the gradual drop in temperature as the evening wore on....

[next post - Page 10 ~ Post #143]​

I hope Ron felt better....but I guess I'm going to have to wait till the next installment. As I will have to wait to see if rumours were true or not.
;)

That is one insolent and unthinking worker. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter