A "Common object" you don't have in your home

We don't have an i-Anything, no wii, no gaming gizmos of any kind. No stereo, no cell phone (except a tracfone flip-phone that lives in the car). No Instant Pot (?), no food processor, no stand mixer, no Swiffer, no radio except in the car, no camera (which is a problem... used a friend's old phone without a sim card on our last trip, but now I can't get the pics off the phone without a sim card!).

I do have a tea ball, melon baller, gravy boat, iron and ironing board, ladle, and my grandmother's ice cream scoop. I also have an old-fashioned dust mop.

Oh, I don't have china or silver. Or a tablecloth or cloth napkins or napkin holders.

I only have vases because when DH sends flowers (not just bringing home them, but sending from a company) he always picks one with a vase. I have at least a dozen glass vases, lol, not including the ones I've given away or have been broken.

A teapot - the metals ones kept rusting then I had a glass one and it broke - we use regular pots to boil water now.

We don't have an i-Anything, no wii, no gaming gizmos of any kind. No stereo, no cell phone (except a tracfone flip-phone that lives in the car). No Instant Pot (?), no food processor, no stand mixer, no Swiffer, no radio except in the car, no camera (which is a problem... used a friend's old phone without a sim card on our last trip, but now I can't get the pics off the phone without a sim card!).

I do have a tea ball, melon baller, gravy boat, iron and ironing board, ladle, and my grandmother's ice cream scoop. I also have an old-fashioned dust mop.

What model is the phone that you have the photos on?

SIM cards are not used for storing photos and videos. What you need is a micro SD card.

After reading all of these responses I honestly cannot think of one thing we do not have that's been mentioned here. And I'm not bragging at all, just stating the facts. It helps that my best friend is a Tupperware/Pampered Chef consultant...so I usually get all my gadgets and toys 1/2 half from her. I have a daughter who is an only child and an only grandchild, so you can imagine that she has every "i" thing ever needed under the sun- all purchased by her grandparents.
This reminded me of another one. I don't have a single piece of Tupperware or any generic type of plastic container/lid thingy.
I couldn't think of anything until @NHdisneylover mentioned an ironing board, we don't have one. In our house ironing has never been a thing as we've always been casual dressers. When laundry is done it gets hung in the closet or folded and put away in the wardrobe. I guess we have an iron somewhere, when DDs were kids they used to show horses and some of their riding outfits needed pressing. But that was almost 20 years ago, don't think I've seen the iron since.:)
Must be nice! :p I not only do I have an iron and ironing board, I have an entire special room just for ironing in. Ironing used to be a BIG part of my house work until we started sending DH's shirts out. I still iron his nicer pants and practically everything I wear and a lot of DS's stuff too.

Last edited:
We don't have a coffee pot either - or a tea kettle

I haven't had a coffee maker since late last December. My brother and I use a Keurig. I haven't had a teapot in about two decades. I heat the water for my tea in my microwave.

I not only do I have an iron and ironing board, I have an entire special room just for ironing in. Ironing used to be a BIG part of my house work until we started sending DH's shirts out. I still iron his nicer pants and practically everything I wear and a lot of DH's stuff too.

I do not have an ironing board but guess what, I. Do. Not. Want. One. ever again!!

...no camera (which is a problem... used a friend's old phone without a sim card on our last trip, but now I can't get the pics off the phone without a sim card!)...

Could you use the charger cord to print them directly from the phone at the kiosks at CVS or Walmart?

No ice cream scoop, even though we eat ice cream all the time. No meat thermometer, I just overcook everything and make DH try it first. No iron/ironing board.

Let's be honest, we moved into our first apartment together in July so we're still missing a lot of common objects!

I don't have an electric mixer. I hate to bake so when it broke on Christmas about 10 years ago, I never replaced it.

We never had an ice cream scoop growing up. Still don't have one.

We don't have a DVD player or any kind of audio equipment. We rarely ever listen to music and when we do, it's a digital playlist we run through the speakers of our desktop computer.

I don't have dedicated audio equipment either. All my music is either on my cellphone or on my computer. So I play it though my computer's speakers. OR if I need louder sound, since I have my computer hooked up to my TV via an HDMI cable for streaming movies, I just send the sound to the TV.

I do not have an ironing board but guess what, I. Do. Not. Want. One. ever again!!

OK :confused3 . I didn't imply that you should.

:lmao:ronandannette, don't take it personally. I'd probably have the same reaction too, if I could, as I hate to iron. And it definitely wouldn't be personal. :lmao:Unfortunately I DO need an iron & a board for SOME clothes. Steaming does NOT take out all the wrinkles in some really heavy fabrics. I've actually been thinking of getting a Rowenta iron with a good steam feature. :duck:

We never had an ice cream scoop growing up. Still don't have one.

I don't have dedicated audio equipment either. All my music is either on my cellphone or on my computer. So I play it though my computer's speakers. OR if I need louder sound, since I have my computer hooked up to my TV via an HDMI cable for streaming movies, I just send the sound to the TV.
We recently got a Chromecast, so I suppose we could do that too now. But honestly, we really never listen to music at home. We might put it on occasionally as background when guests are over and that's when we were using the computer. The sound quality would probably make an audiophile shudder. :blush:

Interesting question though - do young people today have "stereos" like we did? Our DS grew up listening to music through his earbuds. I'm not even sure what kind of music he's into. Long gone are the days teenagers used to blare their record players, I suppose.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter