A "Common object" you don't have in your home

A desk top computer. Only lap tops in our home.

Not as common these days but a landline telephone.

And no gaming system. I actually think we may still have a Wii but it isn't hooked up and no clue where it is.

No Ice cream scoop, No potato masher. No fire place set. Hmmmm....better start looking at the garage sales.....

There are probably many, but the first that comes to mind is a coffee maker. Like a few of you I don't drink it. Honest, as a single male, my Kitchen is probably missing a lot of basics but I actually do have a potato masher.

I don't know how common they are but we don't have video games, pets or a swimming pool. We do have a chapel in our home.
:thumbsup2 Cool!

We don't have a DVD player or any kind of audio equipment. We rarely ever listen to music and when we do, it's a digital playlist we run through the speakers of our desktop computer. We don't have a blender, food processor, bread maker, instant pot, waffle-iron, toaster oven, rice cooker, air-popper, deep-fryer or pretty much any small kitchen appliance. (Or I should say I don't - my DH would have no clue what is or isn't in the kitchen. :rolleyes: )

We don't have a light fixture in our master bedroom. Weird, I know, but in the 60's when this place was built it was very common to have lamp plugs only, no ceiling fixture. And our saddest "don't have" is we don't have A/C. This has been the hottest summer in decades and it was miserable lots of days.

Last edited:
We don't have a light fixture in our master bedroom. Weird, I know, but in the 60's when this place was built it was very common to have lamp plugs only, no ceiling fixture.
Same in our house. Only outlets in the master, and it was built in 75. But one of the outlets is on a switch by the door. We put in a florescent light on the top of the bookcase in front of that outlet.

Same in our house. Only outlets in the master, and it was built in 75. But one of the outlets is on a switch by the door. We put in a florescent light on the top of the bookcase in front of that outlet.
Yeah, that's what I meant by "lamp plugs". I didn't realize not everybody calls them that. :blush:

We have never had a dishwasher. Neither one of us had one growing up, so I guess that is why we have never missed one.

My kids are eating ice cream, and it got me thinking. Growing up as a child, my family never had an ice cream scoop. We ate ice cream often---but always just scooped it out with a large serving spoon instead of an ice cream scoop.

Now, as an adult with my own home, I don't have a spoon rest. I just never think to buy one. Almost every time I cook, I think I should get one...but I never do.

Do you have something like this in your home?

My ice cream scooper was my grandmothers, love it. Along with her cast iron pans

No Ice cream scoop, No potato masher. No fire place set. Hmmmm....better start looking at the garage sales.....

Again our andirons are from DGM love them. You can see the use and history.

We don't have crockpot or slow cookers. But I do love my slow & low Egg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter