A Christmas Extravaganza of auditions, adventures & new friends!-Updated 8/28x3!!

Steven & I began our day as quickly as any before it, although we were very sad to see Amanda’s empty bed by the time we got up! Really the only bonus of it was that we each got our own bed again….but it was no yacht club…bahah! We had some pretty awesome Disneybound’s planned for today, and it was off to Epcot for rope drop for us!

They let us in a little bit early and we jammed out to Celebrate You while the “rope dropped” lol and made our way over to the Land, where of course, our destination was SOARIN! Honestly, I FREAKING LOVE THIS RIDE, seriously…the smells are the best part…we definitely both commented on WHY IS THAT NOT AN AIR FRESHENER?!?! Disney could make so much money off that stuff!!

We’d both skipped out on breakfast so far that morning, but with Sunshine Seasons just around the bend, I couldn’t resist the pull of the Croissant Berry Pudding, and Steven picked up a wrap!

We discussed checking out the character spot, but since I was still eating, they wouldn’t let us in, so we figured it was just time for coffee, and then to head to the big event of the day lol! We got into the Starbucks, and BOY OH BOY did it seriously take FOR FREAKING EVER. Seriously, longest process ever, but it was worth it to get my coffee. I also witnessed one VERY tired Dad filling his coffee with creamer at the condiment stand. He then proceeded to put the creamer jug down, pick up a coffee cup lid, and attempt to put it on the creamer jug…BAHAHAH. He half shook his head and laughed at himself before putting the lid actually on his coffee cup, and it seriously killed me.

With no other real plans, we slowly made our way over into World Showcase and took up a place in the queue for Anna & Elsa! We were Disneybounding as them today, so it was clear that was our priority! It was 9:50 by the time we were in Norway and we got in for their 11:00am set!! Clearly this was back in the days before a seven hour wait time….but not by much!

The time in the line actually passed bv quite quickly, we both took turns running to the bathroom, and into the gift shop, where I ended up buying an pin for each of us! It was a snowflake with Anna & Elsa on it, super cute! We also made friends with the family behind us and spent a fair amount of time talking to them about resorts (they were staying at an All Star), what times of year we thought was best to come, and that kind of stuff, they were super friendly!

Soon enough, 11:00am rolled around, and we were nearly at the DOOOOORRRRR!! The character attendant took notice of our Disneybound and commented that it was awesome, and before we knew it, it was time to meet the sisters!!

Elsa is my home girl, like, for serious, so it was obvious that I spent a lot of time talking to her while Steven chatted with Anna. I seriously just love the character of Elsa so much, the fact that they were able to put in a character with such deep flaws, such anxiety ridden issues, and other such things that I feel like I identify with makes me so happy, especially since Elsa’s been so well received and loved in the fandom. I will be the first to admit that I was kinda sad when she turned out not to be the villain(when the movie was FIRST being promoted, it still had that feel to it) but she’s still freaking amazing.

The girls were seriously ABSOLUTELY AMAZING, they obviously recognized the Disneybound we were doing! Elsa asked about the snowflake hair pieces I had in my braid and I mentioned that I had actually made them, although, not out of frost! We talked about winter (clearly it was happening pretty at large up in Canada, we’d just missed a HUGE storm by flying out early….) and of course, snow ball fights. Anna asked if I had to pick it up and mush it all together, or if I could just conjure them up like Elsa could, (I said I was a pretty good frost talent, so I did it the cool way) and then she got all excited and asked Elsa to show us all how she does it!

Anna was also quick to comment on the fact that Steven had “SHOES LIKE HERS” although they weren’t painted. Steven said he’d thought about painting an “S” on the back of them, but they were expensive boots! Anna made sure to mention to him that the ones from the fur traders were much cheaper and he should check it out over there! Steven also somewhere in there brought out Olaf (I don’t know how or when he got it, but it was from a Disney Store up here in Canada) and the girls were SO excited to see him out and about and it was great to have him join us for the pictures!

That last one is seriously like, my FAVORITE shot that we got, I think it’s because it’s partially a candid, partially posed. I have NO CLUE what was said, or what was going on in the picture, but we’re all just having SO MUCH FUN and it really is the picture that best describes the meet and greet we had with the sisters that day.

And of course, like, these guys are awesome, so we clearly needed to get some solo pics of us with them!!

I ALSO took the quick minute to grab a Hello from the sisters for a friend! If you read along on Jess’s DCP trip report, or are reading his Cruise report, you probably know him, Mark!! He did his CP in entertainment and is just the LOVLIEST of human beings, and had posted on facebook about wanting a video hello from the Frozen gals, so I figured I’d do what any good friend would!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D5j2RuudxY&list=UUMDLkuOYT1TcF_Ol3NYRJZg

Then it was Steven’s turn!

We HAD originally wanted to get actually individual pictures with me with Elsa & Steven with Anna, but completely got flustered and forgot/had taken up so much time already, that I cropped the pictures earlier to make for more fun!

Twinsies!!!

I seriously cannot RAVE about this meet and greet enough, just writing about it and remembering everything right now is making me all warm and fuzzy inside!! I have had the pleasure of meeting these same friends of Anna & Elsa another two times since this trip and they’ve been perfect every time, specifically Elsa! I’m pretty sure she remembers me too, and saw me when she was hanging with Cinderella in Jan as well, lol! She just EMBODIES Elsa so perfectly well, the voice, the movements, everything, like there is a SOLID reason that she’s the promo Elsa, because she is PERFECT. She was quick to initiate conversation without making me feel rushed, or just talking over my responses, she seemed generally interested in what I had to say back to her, and she initiated (and asked for) hugs each time I’ve met her and she is just the perfect example of a perfect entertainment cast member and it makes me so happy.

Steven & I left the meet and greet up on a CLOUD, and it was probably the biggest thing we continued to talk about all day, and still to this day, it was beyond pefect, beyond amazing, and was SO worth the wait.

I know that since Dec, they’ve obviously had to hire a LOT more friends of the sisters, and I’ve seen some pictures that do not look great, and I’ve heard a story or two about some not great interactions, but that simply happens when you expand a character’s hours. I really do feel blessed to have gotten to meet this pair when I did, and with the waits that I did, but I highly encourage you to check the sisters out, they truly are an incredible meet and greet!

Our mission in Epcot was clearly character greets, and since the big one was out of the way, we hurried over to China, to find that Mulan’s line was cut off, which was fine, we figured we’d catch her later if we could, and checked the times guide. Aladdin & Jasmine were due to come out pretty soon, around 11:50 (?) so we headed over there next and without much of a wait, we were in! (Also this is one of those spots that the Wifi cuts out! For those of you who really care lol, I find once you’re in the indoor part of the queue the internet is SUPER spotty, super annoying to those of us who’s phones are on airplane mode!)

Now, my notes are kinda spotty as I stopped taking notes as we went on our last few days and just typed up everything on my computer at the end of the day, so I have nothing substantial to say about the Arabian couple! I know they weren’t fantastic, but I mean, coming off of an Anna & Elsa meet nothing could compare! We did note that Jasmine needed a smaller pair of pants, it looked like her 6 pack was coming in and she kept pulling up her pants through the whole set! Haha!

Wow, your Anna and Elsa Disneybounds and meet were beyond awesome! Nice that Olaf could also join in.

Is there a place to meet a full-size Olaf?

The smells on Soarin' are completely the best part! Every time I ride it I'm still like "aaaaahhhhhh".

Clearly this was before the 7 hour waits! They were already up to 4 hours when we were there in January.

I think it's awesome that Elsa didn't end up being a villain. Making the characters more complex is definitely the way to go.

She really is the best Elsa I've seen to date, hands down.

I love Spoarin and the smells are amazing!

We got a chance to meet Anna and Elsa and our greet was awesome too! Mine girls loved seeing them but my oldest wanted to know why Elsa does not have powers at Disney like she does in the movie :rotfl: I think it is going to hard to keep the magic alive for this very inquisitive 6 year old! :rotfl2:

Yes, I love the idea of a Soarin' Air Freshener. I remember the very first time I rode Soarin' (which of course I LOVED), but it was the smells that we talked about the most. Ahhhh, Disney smells.

A little over an hour for Anna and Elsa? That is awesome. When I tried it was well over 2. Boo!! It's so funny to look back now when that felt long, lol. If we only knew what was coming...

OMG, I totally expected Elsa to be a villain too!!! Too funny. So glad she wasn't though.

What a wonderful meet with the sisters. You really got to spend a lot of time with them, which when given the wait is pretty great.

Love Whispering canyon and so glad you did as well. We ate there 3 times last trip...awesome

LOVED out Anna & Elsa meet (even with the 2 hour wait) and love your fun outfits for yours

Soarin is such fun I agree - air fresheners should be sold of those smells

Great Disny Bounding outfits! BTW - what is that on Steven's shirt - is it just a design or something obvious I am missing? (would not be the first time:lmao:)

From many of the A&E meet & greets I have read it seems like Anna is typically the star ... not that Elsa is bad, just more reserved and just, well, there. So it is awesome that you had a great Elsa since you connected to the character so much. It will be interesting to see what they do with the characters on Once Upon a Time - if they go back a bit to the original plans of Elsa being the villain.

Hey, I guess when you spend your whole day in an Arabian palace and have a magic carpte to take you everywhere you have a lot of times to work on your abs ;)

Great Disny Bounding outfits! BTW - what is that on Steven's shirt - is it just a design or something obvious I am missing? (would not be the first time:lmao:) From many of the A&E meet & greets I have read it seems like Anna is typically the star ... not that Elsa is bad, just more reserved and just, well, there. So it is awesome that you had a great Elsa since you connected to the character so much. It will be interesting to see what they do with the characters on Once Upon a Time - if they go back a bit to the original plans of Elsa being the villain. Hey, I guess when you spend your whole day in an Arabian palace and have a magic carpte to take you everywhere you have a lot of times to work on your abs ;)

Yes my lovely friend made the anna shirt pattern for me.

Love your Disneybounds! Especially your snowflakes and Steven's shirt. Super fancy! That's amazing you only had to wait a "short" time for Anna and Elsa. God I can't imagine those 5 hour lines they've had recently. Glad that moved to MK even if poor Aurora got sacrificed!

Have you been to the Frozen summer thing at DHS? Wasn't sure if you had made a WDW trip since this TR. I've heard good things but was interested in a 1st hand experience!

I agree about the Soarin smells. They could be called the Scents of Soarin! Pine, orange, the ocean, whatever. Actually they should make scents of different attractions. I would totally buy a candle that smelled like the library of Alexandria in Spaceship earth!

Just found your TR. Very excited to start reading since we are going around that time this year! Congrats on becoming a CM too! Way cool. :goodvibes

Love your Disneybounds! Especially your snowflakes and Steven's shirt. Super fancy! That's amazing you only had to wait a "short" time for Anna and Elsa. God I can't imagine those 5 hour lines they've had recently. Glad that moved to MK even if poor Aurora got sacrificed! Have you been to the Frozen summer thing at DHS? Wasn't sure if you had made a WDW trip since this TR. I've heard good things but was interested in a 1st hand experience! I agree about the Soarin smells. They could be called the Scents of Soarin! Pine, orange, the ocean, whatever. Actually they should make scents of different attractions. I would totally buy a candle that smelled like the library of Alexandria in Spaceship earth!

Thank you so much. The shirt took a lot of work from my friend and I love it. Ya Anna and Elsa's line is ridiculous lol but the interaction you get is amazing. I mean ours was so I can't speak for other people but I know anna and elsa loved our outfits lol. I finally know how anna feels though. I mean everyone noticed elsa and then they look at me and say "oh anna to" lol but I mean Katt looked GREAT and legit as elsa so I don't blame them lol

Thank you so much. The shirt took a lot of work from my friend and I love it. Ya Anna and Elsa's line is ridiculous lol but the interaction you get is amazing. I mean ours was so I can't speak for other people but I know anna and elsa loved our outfits lol. I finally know how anna feels though. I mean everyone noticed elsa and then they look at me and say "oh anna to" lol but I mean Katt looked GREAT and legit as elsa so I don't blame them lol

I think both your Disneybound outfits looked great! And that was a creative idea to go as a male Anna! Or would that be "Anno"?

I think both your Disneybound outfits looked great! And that was a creative idea to go as a male Anna! Or would that be "Anno"?

Haha I'm not sure but thank you. I can't even rember what other Disney bounds I have done lol. Some good some not so good

Wow, your Anna and Elsa Disneybounds and meet were beyond awesome! Nice that Olaf could also join in.

Is there a place to meet a full-size Olaf?

Thank you!! It seriously was amazing, we were super lucky to have gotten in before the 4 hour waits (and up lol) and before the sisters made more friends, these guys were awesome!

Unfortunately no! I do hope that they'll set up a more permanent home for the Frozen stars and possibly include Olaf & Kristoff, but I doubt that'll happen lol

The smells on Soarin' are completely the best part! Every time I ride it I'm still like "aaaaahhhhhh".

Clearly this was before the 7 hour waits! They were already up to 4 hours when we were there in January.

I think it's awesome that Elsa didn't end up being a villain. Making the characters more complex is definitely the way to go.

She really is the best Elsa I've seen to date, hands down.

RIGHT?! They're awesome!

Ahahahaha YUP! I came back solo in Jan and waited from rope drop til 11am, so that kinda sucked, but still, not 4 hours :yay: I do really enjoy the complexity of her character, that's for sure, but part of me is REALLY wishing that they'll make a BADASS GIRL villain who's physically appealing and just not what you expected....like, can we just put Lana Parilla into cartoon form please... :rotfl2: #girlcrush

SHE. IS. AMAZING. She's the Punzie we met on the 24 hr day and I haven't seen her around since, I know from Insta she was doing some other stuff, but I'm like "GIRL PLEASE COME BACK" Some of Elsa's friends are not so great.....

I love Spoarin and the smells are amazing!

We got a chance to meet Anna and Elsa and our greet was awesome too! Mine girls loved seeing them but my oldest wanted to know why Elsa does not have powers at Disney like she does in the movie :rotfl: I think it is going to hard to keep the magic alive for this very inquisitive 6 year old! :rotfl2:

It's the best!!

That's so awesome!! Hahha, awe man, I did hear something along the lines of "Elsa's still learning to control her powers so she doesn't want to use them in the parks with lots of people around her"

Yes, I love the idea of a Soarin' Air Freshener. I remember the very first time I rode Soarin' (which of course I LOVED), but it was the smells that we talked about the most. Ahhhh, Disney smells.

A little over an hour for Anna and Elsa? That is awesome. When I tried it was well over 2. Boo!! It's so funny to look back now when that felt long, lol. If we only knew what was coming...

OMG, I totally expected Elsa to be a villain too!!! Too funny. So glad she wasn't though.

What a wonderful meet with the sisters. You really got to spend a lot of time with them, which when given the wait is pretty great.

I feel like the smells are the things that everyone loves the most, they could make so much money off them I don't know why they bothered making a turkey leg one and not a soarin one! Lol

Ahahaha, RIGHT?! INSANITY! We decided to try on our first day when we had breakfast in France but of course we had to walk the long way around and by the time we got there (9:45ish?, maybe later?) it was already for the 12:00 set so we bailed.

I like both chances, I like her the way she is, but I also think she could've been the BEST of villains, like, misunderstood or whatever. I wish they'd spent WAY LESS time on flashbacks and them as kids/prior to her coronation so that all of that was done in a flashback and Elsa was truly the villain. Even if she was redeemed at the end it still would've been cool to see an unexpected female villian.

It was amazing and I was so happy that we got the experience that we did, I seriously will never forget it!

Love Whispering canyon and so glad you did as well. We ate there 3 times last trip...awesome

LOVED out Anna & Elsa meet (even with the 2 hour wait) and love your fun outfits for yours

Soarin is such fun I agree - air fresheners should be sold of those smells

We definitely love it, and have been back a few times since and loved it just as much!

Glad that the sisters were good for you after a 2 hour wait! I can't imagine the people who are waiting upwards of 5 hours and meeting some of the friends now, it just wouldn't be good. If you're going to wait that long the experience better be fantastic! We had fast passes during May and I would not have been happy had we waited standby

Great Disny Bounding outfits! BTW - what is that on Steven's shirt - is it just a design or something obvious I am missing? (would not be the first time:lmao:)

From many of the A&E meet & greets I have read it seems like Anna is typically the star ... not that Elsa is bad, just more reserved and just, well, there. So it is awesome that you had a great Elsa since you connected to the character so much. It will be interesting to see what they do with the characters on Once Upon a Time - if they go back a bit to the original plans of Elsa being the villain.

Hey, I guess when you spend your whole day in an Arabian palace and have a magic carpte to take you everywhere you have a lot of times to work on your abs ;)

Hahha, it's the design on the front of Anna's vest! He had the choice of layering the colours like Anna does, but his friend painted a shirt for him instead!

I feel like it definitely depends on the sisters "friends" and I'm excited to see how they're doing now with them being separated in the hall. Anna is meant to be this little spunky fun one while Elsa still has some of that, but is much more reserved. I've always thought it would be difficult to be friends with her because of that, you still have to leave a lasting memory for all the people you great, but with still being in character, impressive for those that can do it!

Ugh...I don't want to talk about OUAT doing Frozen. I do not want to build a snowman and am so sick of it already bahahahha! The costume design, make up, casting, everything about Elsa is wrong. She's supposed to be this gorgeous stunner of a girl, she should be competing with Regina in fashion sense & the like but is just seriously lacking.....#rantover lol! I'm not excited for it to say the least...

Ahahahahah definitely true!!

Love your Disneybounds! Especially your snowflakes and Steven's shirt. Super fancy! That's amazing you only had to wait a "short" time for Anna and Elsa. God I can't imagine those 5 hour lines they've had recently. Glad that moved to MK even if poor Aurora got sacrificed!

Have you been to the Frozen summer thing at DHS? Wasn't sure if you had made a WDW trip since this TR. I've heard good things but was interested in a 1st hand experience!

I agree about the Soarin smells. They could be called the Scents of Soarin! Pine, orange, the ocean, whatever. Actually they should make scents of different attractions. I would totally buy a candle that smelled like the library of Alexandria in Spaceship earth!

Thank you!! I've gotten new snowflakes for this upcoming trip! His friend made the shirt so that's awesome!! It was seriously amazing, I was so happy with the friends that they had at the start, they're less than stellar now but hey, that just happens, I just won't wait standby for them :rotfl2: I DONT EVEN WANT TO TALK ABOUT THE FACT THAT AURORA & SNOW GOT BOOTED! NO! RUDE!:worried:

I haven't been back since Frozen stuff started, we're headed back last week of August, but our DHS time is strictly during villains party, and they're not doing frozen stuff that day so we won't see any of it. Seems neat, but I wouldn't go even if we had more time, don't want to deal with those crowds!

RIGHT?! MORE AIR FRESHENERS DISNEY! NO ONE NEEDS THE TURKEY LEG ONE!

Just found your TR. Very excited to start reading since we are going around that time this year! Congrats on becoming a CM too! Way cool. :goodvibes

Yay! welcome! Glad you're here and enjoying! Thank you so much!!

Thank you!!! Hahah, generbending Disneybounds is always a fun time! It's easy enough to do, I've got Gaston, Cap Hook, Han Solo, they're fun to have a change of things, sometimes you can make them more feminine/masculine as well. It's just nice to not have to be stuck to one specific gender of character. I've seen some super awesome genderbent cosplay's too! Like, not a girl dressing up as Gaston, but a Gaston ballgown...it's amazing....

That's so awesome!! Hahha, awe man, I did hear something along the lines of "Elsa's still learning to control her powers so she doesn't want to use them in the parks with lots of people around her"

You know what I think that would work for her! Thank you so much because I really don't want the magic to end so young!

You know what I think that would work for her! Thank you so much because I really don't want the magic to end so young!

No problem!!! I like to keep the magic alive as long as I can! Lol. Feel free to shot any other weird "why doesn't this happen" questions my way :goodvibes If I don't have an answer I'm sure I can ask a few of my princess friends lol!

Steven & I peaced out of Morocco and slowly made our way over to our very important date at 12:30 over in France! It was Aurora’s first set of the day, and we had a very important reason to stop and say hello! We ended up being first in line and just sat over by the gazebo to wait. While the time passed, a family came and sat beside us and we had the loveliest talk with them, specifically the little princess, who ended up giving me a nice leaf as a present! It was seriously adorable, lol! We talked about Disney, favorite princesses, you know, the usual! And soon enough, Aurora was out!

We chatted a bit, commented on how beautiful she was looking today, you know, the usual, talked about our worldly adventures so far that day! Steven brought up the fact that we were sad that we didn’t have a gift for her as we brought one for Drizella the other day, but Aurora said that was fine, as she’d seen Drizella’s present, and it was now up on Drizella’s shelf at home, and she loved it dearly! Steven mentioned that she should get Driz to take a picture of it for him to see!

After taking a couple of pictures with all of us I grabbed a selfie!

Which a lovely friend of Aurora’s later saw on Instagram and commented #twinning becase…well…really…. We both gave Aurora huge hugs, and said we were sad to say goodbye but were sure that we would see her again soon, and to make sure she passed along those greetings over to Drizella as well, we’d miss her too! As we exited the greet we had decided to stick around France for a bit, partially because I wanted a drink (duh) and partially because we had a Dismeet coming up! I headed over to the slush stand only to find out that THE GM SLUSHIES CAME IN EVEN BIGGER SIZES NOW!!!!

Yup….that is $15.00 of pure Grand Marnier Slushy goodness!! Yes, the price is steep, but it’s seriously huge, and a lot of booze, and I mean, only $5 more than the regular one, so why not?! We hung around on the edge of the fountain for only a matter of minutes before Brenda showed up!

Her disname is Emmysmommy, and she is really an incredibly lovely human being and I’m super happy we got to meet up with her! We’d been keeping track of each other’s TR’s over the past little bit and once we knew we’d be in Disney at the same time, we had to meet! We chatted a bit about each other’s trips so far, which of course brought up the audition, and Brenda said she was surprised not more came out of it, and mentioned that I’d make beautiful friends with Elsa (thank you Brenda!!) while Steven really was a walking copy of a friend for Phillip! (Which really….#truth) She encouraged us to never stop trying (spoiler….we won’t) and we just had SUCH a great time chatting with her! I had of course been a little wary (as I always am) with Dismeets when I’m with a new person in Disney. I know the whole “internet friends” thing can be weird for people who don’t partake in it, and you never know how weird a person is going to feel about the situation, but I was very happy to see Steven chattering away and feeling comfortable as he could be! I know the first few times someone approached me when I was with Paige she was completely weirded out, but she’s gotten used to it since then lol!

Story time aside, it was a great time, we took a picture, wished each other good luck in the future and to have a fantastic rest of trip, and moved along in our journey around the world!

Steven & I wanted to head back to China and see if we could defeat the Huns with Mulan, but when we arrived we discovered that she wasn’t going to be out today! Bad news for China! Bahaha, we shopped around inside for a bit where Steven picked up something for a friend, and I bought a nice hair clip, and when we found ourselves back outside, I FOUND NORMAN JR!

He was looking cute as ever, and Steven was confused as ever at it, but still went along with it, thank goodness! As we crossed worlds into Mexico, I noticed a photopass photographer was out and about which was rare to me, so we of course stopped for some pictures!

After two normal ones he had us go “OLE!” like we were celebrating, but it really turned out a heck of a lot more like “Ole?? I think..??” Bahaha. I also feel like it looks like we’ve been photoshopped into these pictures, or the background’s been shopped in, haha!

As we finished our loop around World Showcase I saw that my FAVORITE little teddy bear was out and about, and had like, no line, so we had to stop and say hello! We were clearly mistaken for celebrities (perhaps they thought we were the REAL Anna & Elsa?!) by the photopass on the way in!

Bahahaha

I got Duffy to sign my book as he was missing from it, I really only had it because of the Frozen duo, but figured I’d add in some more I was missing! Duffy was SUPER adorable and so cute & fluffy! He gave us both kisses and was all around adorable!

I also took the opportunity to grab a selfie with him as well!

I really like it, especially the adorable, hand at mouth pose he’s doing! HE’S JUST SO CUTE!

Steven and I moved on to head to the only fast pass we were going to use that day when we ONCE AGAIN, (surprise) stopped for some more pictures in front of Spaceship Earth. While we were in line we started discussing poses, and since we were in our Disneybounds, how to pose like Anna & Elsa, yup, we were definitely being THOSE people, bahaha! The photopass photographer definitely gave us one of the “really?” looks when she saw us doing it too… #whoops.

I do wish I’d taken my sunglasses off for them, but hey!

SSE was posing ever so nicely for me, how could I resist taking more pictures of it?! The two of us then hurried over to Test Track, scanned our magic bands, and made it far enough to see this:

And then realized we had to turn around!! We had a lunch over at CRT booked and it was coming WAY too close to reservation time for comfort! We quickly BOOKED it out of the park and onto the monorail while Steven pulled up the phone number to call and see how late they could hold the reservation….would we make it?!?!

I left off with Steven & I RACING against the clock trying to make it from Test Track over at Epcot all the way over to the Castle at Magic Kingdom…did we make it on time?!

WE DID! It certainly was easy to get distracted that day though! They were filming all the performances for the Xmas Day Parade that day, and had the walkway through the castle blocked off. I also have to say, the crowds you see on TV versus the crowds that actually were there…major difference, bahaha!

We checked in super easily, and were definitely one of the last seatings of lunch, so had no wait to see Cinderella. There wasn’t too much memorable about her, we were pretty quick, and were pretty HUNGRY as we sat down and waited for them to call us upstairs.

As we were waiting in the lobby, I noticed Cinderella start to move away from her meet and greet area and turned to Steven and we both kind of had the panicked “is she coming over here? Oh my god she’s coming over here?!!” kind of “celebrity” panic! Baha! She was actually coming over to chat too, and asked us if we were enjoying our day, had a little chat with us and asked us if we were on the college program. We replied that we weren’t (though Steven was at the point that he almost said we were, lol. We’d been asked SO many times this trip if we were cast members or simply “where do you work?” that it was getting insane!) and soon after were called upstairs!

We were seated in the little upper ledge bit that’s right when you come in, and the appetizers and drinks came out pretty quickly.

It was a shared plate of crackers, hummus, cheese and salad. I remember we both really enjoyed the salad, and hummus, and I wouldn’t be surprised if I ate all the cheese, but that was about it off that plate for us. Steven ordered the chicken dish, and I went with the Kid’s Beef, it simply sounded a lot better than the adult menu, and I knew it would be a better portion!

That’s mine, with Beef, green beans & mashed potatoes.

And there’s Steven’s! I thought the beef was a perfect portion, and ate most of it! The potatoes were good and the beans were actually cooked pretty decently, which was a nice change. I know Steven ate most of his chicken, but wasn’t too impressed with it. While we ate of course, we were visited by some lovely ladies!

First up came Aurora;

She was lovely, I’d seen her friend before, but not in the redesigned dress, and it was very apparent that she was SUPER tiny! Snow White was the next visitor we had!

I know she commented on our outfits, and had me pose like Elsa for the picture, and she was the one that asked for the hug when she was about to leave, which made me super happy! I mean, it’s always awesome when they give you hugs when you’re a “big kid” but for her to actually ASK for one was perfect and amazing!

Ariel came around next, and Steven had spent the meal getting little “congratulations” from the princesses for his friend that had just gotten engaged. Ariel asked how long they’d been together, and when Steven replied, she said “Only a year?” Then laughed, and said “Well, I certainly can’t judge, I mean, I married Prince Eric after only 3 days!” and we all had a good laugh about it!

We got our desserts next, I had chosen the chocolate “Clock Strikes Twelve” option;

While Steven went with the cheesecake, and our verdicts? The cheesecake was the clear winner, it was fantasticly delicious, while my dessert was a COMPLETE miss. It seriously failed and I did not appreciate it at all, but hey, you get some like that every so often.

Jasmine came around while we were finishing up, and there wans’t much to write about, she definitely wasn’t clear on her rotation of tables as she ended up skipping one before us and after going into the back had to come back out to finish her set… #awkard.

Somewhere throughout the meal Olaf had made his way out onto the table, I think one of the princesses, or maybe our server, had commented on how Olaf was their favorite part and we left him out for the rest of the meal. Well, we were waiting for the cheque to come around, and on their way out of the restaurant, a Mom see’s Olaf and FREAKS OUT “IS THAT OLAF?!?!” And comes RIGHT over to our table to ask where we’d got him from. Steven said he’d found him at a Disney store at home in Calgary. The mom commented that she couldn’t find him ANYWHERE (which was true, although there was still tons of other Frozen merchandise at this point) and her daughter REALLY wanted one. So, Steven’s a nice guy, and said that we really didn’t want or have a need for him anymore, and if her little girl wanted it, she could definitely have it! Naturally, the Mom freaked out some more, thanked us so much, and we handed off Olaf to the little girl, who seemed less than impressed with the whole situation…we clearly saw that Olaf was more for Mom, but were happy to share some positivity into someone’s day!

Also somewhere throughout the meal a photopass photographer had come around and mentioned that their printers were running like a day behind, so they had us write down our mailing address to send the picture with Cinderella to us later on. Whoops! With that, and the bill paid, we headed out of the castle!

Overall, CRT didn’t score too well today. We had some great chats with Ariel and Snow, and I do remember liking Aurora, but Jasmine was sorta off, and Cinderella wasn’t much to write home about. Service was okay, I don’t remember much of it being outstanding or anything. And the food, having done dinner in the past here, I really expected more, but hey, I guess that’s why you pay more for dinner, right? I’m headed back for breakfast in a few weeks, so obviously I’ll go back again, but we all go for the experience/eating in the CASTLE rather than anything else, right?!
a

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter