A Christmas Extravaganza of auditions, adventures & new friends!-Updated 8/28x3!!

katt789

DIS Veteran
Hellllllloooooo everybody and WELCOME!! To the most magical place on earth! Dreams came true, the Holiday season was in the air, old friends were reunited, there was an engagement, a deluxe resort, and tons of new experiences!!

AND YOU’RE INVITED TO JOIN ALONG IN ALL OF THEM.

I know, I know, best day ever, right?! You’re probably wondering some more of the details of this trip, so, let’s start with some faces, hey?

I’m Katt, and your trip report writer! I’m a 24 year old Disney fanatic who bartends/serves and spends a lot of time dancing when I’m not in Florida. For those of you who know me, you know that I ADORE Disney, I was hooked from the first trip back in May of 2011 and have been back to Disney 16 time since then!! 5 of those were for auditions, and 6 of them were solo trips! Since I’ve been dancing/performing my entire life, it’s no question that when I realized I could bring the two most important things in my life together, I’d want to do it. Ultimate dream job, Maji, the blue bird in Festival of the Lion King! The next being to be a parade/show performer!

AND I am VERY happy to share and report that as of this past Thursday, I am OFFICIALLY a Disney World Cast Member!!! :woohoo::banana::love: I have been accepted to the International Cultural Representative Program starting in October in food & beverage, meaning I'll be working over in Epcot in Canada! I'm beyond excited and thrilled to start off on a new adventure soon, and excited to see what I can work up to in the future years!

Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom, followed closely by Animal Kingdom (my baby just doesn’t get enough love!!)
Favorite Characters: Tinkerbell, Periwinkle, Elsa, Perry, Lottie, Tigger & Goofy
Favorite Attraction: Toy Story Mania, Phillharmagic, Tower of Terror
Favorite Shows:Hallowishes & Festival of the Lion King
Favorite Snack/Meal: Le Cellier filet, the Nutella Fruit waffle sandwich, Uncrustables, and the Red Velvet Cheescake Cupcake.​

Travelling with me this time around, is Steven:

Steven & I work together at a dinner theater up here in Calgary, sometime in October, he turned to me and said “WHEN ARE WE GOING TO GO TO DISNEY TOGETHER” and I asked him what he was doing on Sunday and if he had $500 for a flight…and thus, we were in Disney together in less than 24 hours!

He’s just as big as a Disney nut as myself (or anyone on here), collecting a TON of Vinylmations, Pins, and anything he can get his hands on, and the trip down in October was just what he needed to spark his Disney park obsession right back up! He kept joking about coming back for Christmas, and then it kinda just became a reality!

Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom, Epcot (for the character hunting)
Favorite Characters:Peter Pan, Prince Phillip, Vanellope, Prince Eric, Duffy, Terrance ,Megara, Ursula, The Tremaines
Favorite Attraction: Toy Story Mania, Rock n Rollercoaster, Haunted Mansion,
Favorite Shows:Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Festival of the Lion King
Favorite Snack/Meal: Everything!! Specifically buffets, lol​

The Guest Star of this trip is Amanda!

Steven & I had been posting about the trip on facebook, when a friend of mine, Amanda, commented saying she was going to be there at the same time! I had met her back in May for some look a like auditions, and after we played in the parks for a little bit that month, we decided we weren’t huge creepers! So when we had another audition in June, we stayed at a hotel together and had a blast! Amanda was headed down to Florida to audition for Dream Along with Mickey and figured she’d stay for the look a like audition on the Thursday as well, so I invited her to join in on our adventures! This girl is seriously amazing, and is one of the awesome examples of the friendships and bonds that Disney, Disboards/tumblr/instagram makes with other people. We met so much by chance, and got along incredibly well, and it KILLS me that we’re not living in the same place, cause if I could hang out with her every day, I totally would!

When: Dec 1 to 7.

We had originally been planning on leaving on the 2nd, but a HUUUGE winter storm was a coming in, and bad, and having an early morning flight, I knew we weren’t going to make it, or at least, not make our connection, so we changed to fly out a day early instead! The added benefit of that was that it was with Westjet and a direct flight!! YAY!

Where:

My home resort!!! The really exciting moment came when we added on the extra day and decided to stay at a deluxe for the night, and one I had been DYING TO STAY AT FOR AGES!!

YACHT CLLLLLUUUUUBBBBBBB.

Special Stuff:
-We were officially Annual Pass holders as of Day 1 of the trip!
-Tickets to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party were booked!
-There were some quick dismeets with friends while we were down there too!

Alright, that looks like about all the important information! I hope you guys are ready, the wildest ride in the wilderness commences now!!

Links!

Day 1-Sunday December 1st
JAMBO!

Day 2-Monday December 2nd
A Perfect France Morning
Big Summer Blowout
Visiting Some Old Friends
THE LIGHTS ARE ON!!!!
WHAT IF IT'S JUST THE 3 OF US?!!?

Day 3-Tuesday Dec 3rd
What A Mystery!
Some New Family Members
I Have No Happy Thoughts
Walt Would Be Proud
Triple Dipping Maybe?
Go Right In for the Hug
She Has a Crush on You
This is Halloween??
This is Not Boo To You
I see how it Is
A Magical Ending

Day 4-Wednesday Dec 4th
Wait....is that....?
THOSE ARE REAL!!!
Dreams, Nightmares & Dancing

Day 5-Thursday Dec 5th
A Glimmer of Hope
Getting Wild
Snacking & Bouncing through Life
The Final Circle
An Everest Sunset
Thanks for Not Killing Us

Day 6- Friday December 6th
Sir...That is NOT your coffee...
Ole?
IS THAT OLAF?!
The BEST of Hugs
Watch the Door....
...we thought you were Lottie...?
I Hit A Wall
Hey! I know Them!

Day 7- Saturday Dec 7th
Say Bubbles
One Last Bit of Pixie Dust
Reviews

I'm in!!

I am seriously so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to hear all about your experience as a CM and to be able to hang out in Disney with you!!!

We are so celebrating with Dad's Electric Lemonades in May! :cool1:

So excited for this trip report and even more excited that you will be a cast member! Hoorayyyyyyyyy!

You beat me to starting December TRs! Looking forward to this one....especially near the end of your trip!

Once again CONGRATULATIONS on officially becoming a CM! :cheer2:

Wow, Katt, that's awesome that you'll be working at Epcot!!! Congratulations! When in October are you starting there? I'll be at WDW Oct. 22 - Nov. 2 hanging out with various friends, with some solo time in between. It would be great to meet you at some point!

I'm in! Love Disney at Christmas and can't wait to hear about your adventures.

Congrats on becoming a CM!:cheer2:

I'm here Katt! I am soooooo happy for you finally becoming a CM. :cool1: I hope that Mom and I can spot you when we go back in October!

I'm still not caught up on your last TR and I'm probably going to struggle a bit to keep up with this one. Things are crazy at work and probably will be until about June. But just know I WILL be back and I WILL get caught up! :rotfl:

Hey There...

I have been reading your trip reports for months now, all caught up!

Congrats on the new job, I will say I am a little bit jealous, how fun :cool1:

I don't often comment, but I do read all of your trip reports. I'm so happy for your opportunity to work at Epcot. How exciting to be able to get your foot in the door as you continue to follow your dreams with Disney!!

Following along! I always try to follow your TR's but I get so behind and I just lurk, lol, but I'll try to comment on this one!:thumbsup2

CONGRATULATIONS on being a CM, that's so exciting! I actually knew before I read this, I follow you on Twitter and saw the news (I'm minnie_ears on there, if you want to follow me!) and I'm so happy for you! It's my dream to be a CM, so hopefully someday I'll get to move to FL and pursue it! :goodvibes Do you think you will work in Le Cellier? That's one of my favorite restaurants in Disney, and they have some of the most awesome CM's there!

Can't wait to read more!

Congratulations on becoming a CM! That's awesome and you'll have a blast! :thumbsup2 We'll just miss you! We'll be in Disney for a week in September. That would have been fun to meet up :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter