2023 vacation plans?

We don't have anything booked yet for 2023.

We are tentatively planning a road trip early in 2023 to escape the snowy winter and head for sunnier shores down in the Gulf Coast of Florida. We're still working out the details.

I'd also like to vacation at a family friendly all-inclusive in St Lucia late 2023 with the kids. We'd have to board the dog but luckily she really enjoys being pampered at the kennel.

I actually liked Ghent more than Bruges. It has a lot of the same charm, but isn't overrun by tourists.
We visited Ghent on a river cruise last April. It seemed to be more of a blue-collar city than others we visited. Paper mills and such. That gave it a bit more authenticity and friendliness. Lots of history there, too.

So we're going somewhere - either London or New York City - for spring break, just DD14 and I

Woohoo, that decision got made and at least one piece of the 2023 travel schedule is going my way. London it is! One of DD14's favorite internet-famous bands is planning a short UK tour in March and will be playing in London smack in the middle of her break. So that tipped the scales in favor of London (my preference) over New York (DD's preference, until the tour announcement, because she wants to see Sweeny Todd). :woohoo:

We visited Ghent on a river cruise last April. It seemed to be more of a blue-collar city than others we visited. Paper mills and such. That gave it a bit more authenticity and friendliness. Lots of history there, too.
I just spent 5 nights there last month with three full days of sightseeing in Ghent (their citypass is a nice deal). We took the train to Bruges one day (less than 30 minutes each way, super easy). Then we finished with three nights in Brussels. I traveled with my mom and sister and all three of us enjoyed Ghent the most.

I just spent 5 nights there last month with three full days of sightseeing in Ghent (their citypass is a nice deal). We took the train to Bruges one day (less than 30 minutes each way, super easy). Then we finished with three nights in Brussels. I traveled with my mom and sister and all three of us enjoyed Ghent the most.
My son and I both agreed that Belgium was our favorite port stop. The beer and the chocolate had a lot to do with that.

May - Can’t decide between a city or nature trip to Los Angeles or Grand Canyon

June - Quebec City and Montreal

October - San Antonio

It is beer heaven!
😁 DD spent a semester in Belgium during college and came home a Belgian beer fan. Only problem she was only 20 when she got back, had a State Dept internship with security clearance and was sternly warned she was not allowed to drink anything until she was 21!

I really liked the BW Inner Harbor. It was so hard to choose where to stay there because of so many options. But, the location was really nice. We had a great view of the city & harbor. Within a 2 minute walk you were at the waterfront. They had a hot tub, sauna, and pool, & parking available. We ate at a restaurant next door called Belleville's Watering Hole & Diner & the food there was really good - ahi tuna poke bowl for me, probably one of my favorite meals of the trip (though there were a lot of favorite meals on that trip!).
Thanks so much! I too am struggling with all of the options, but feel like the BW is a great value.

Probably a National Park. No idea which ones yet. I usually hit at least two. I'll return to Disney when they start discounting.

Just bought tickets for an August 2023 trip. We always do "budget" trips to WDW and try to keep cost down. The goal is to stay close to $5,000. Right now we are at $1,532.14 for 4, 5 day single park tickets (undercover tourist/credit card points). Hoping to save up points and wait for room discounts, finger crossed lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter