2023 vacation plans?

Disney in March for my oldest daughters bachelorette party, Ocean City NJ for a long Memorial Day weekend and hopefully Chicago in August as part of our (soon to be) annual American Cities tour. My girls really want to get a cruise in at some point next year, but we'll have to see if we can get a deal.

We're going to be there for 10 days! Wish it was longer, but work & all that....

Looking back, we (I) probably overprogrammed our 2018 trip and we're trying to leave some room for shopping and exploration in this one. Some things we definitely want to do:

--British Museum
--British Library Treasures Gallery
--Tower of London
--Westminster Abbey
--Churchill War Rooms
--Borough Market and Camden Market
--West End play
--Day trips to Windsor and Richmond (to see Kew Gardens and some of the sights from Ted Lasso)
--Changing of the guard
--St. Pauls and walking tour of the Square Mile
--Boat trip to Greenwich
That sounds great! I know what you mean I can only be gone at the most 2 weeks at a time from work. For our trip in July would have loved to have more time after the cruise but I’ll be happy with what I can get. Most of my
co-workers don’t go much of anywhere even before Covid so I feel so fortunate.

Viking river cruise on the Rhine river with 2 days before in Basel, Switzerland
Ditto here, except we will do Rhine first, then another week and a half in Switzerland and Italy, June & July. Also a spring road trip north from our location (North Central Louisiana) to Louisville, KY (whiskey tour), Cleveland (R&R Hall of Fame), upstate NY and Niagara Falls, NYC, New England, Atlantic Coast, then back home.

In the fall, another road trip to Canadian Rockies, Alaska cruise, Hwy 1 from Oregon to Los Angeles, then finish up at DL/DCA.

Any sights or activities the Disboard community might suggest is sincerely solicited.

For DD's high school graduation we're doing a 10 day cruise on Norwegian starting in Iceland then going to Norway, Netherlands, Belgium and ending in Southampton, England. We're spending a couple of extra days in Iceland on the front end and London on the back end.

I really cannot decide. I was supposed to go with a friend to see Disneyland California, her last park, and add San Francisco and Los Angeles. However, she had a business trip to LA this week, and she added a few vacation days at DL afterwards. She doesn't want to go back a few months later.

I could do DL on my own, but hotels are so expensive by myself. The Panama Canal cruise same. A reasonably good deal came by for WDW in January.
Then there are some trips I looked into to Thailand, South Africa, Jordan, India, all look nice, but none are giving me a vibe making me excited to go there. I want to visit them someday, not sure if it's 2023. Highest on the list is now a trip to Turkey,

I would love to hear what you did/where you stayed etc. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.
We flew into Seattle, but didn't actually go sightseeing in the city. We had an early flight and landed around 10am local time.

Day 1 - flight from east coast, picked up rental car, ferry from Mukilteo to Clinton (Whidbey Island), Ebey's Landing State Park, Deception Pass State Park, stayed in Anacortes, Fidalgo Island
Day 2 - drove route 20 through N. Cascades NP as far as Washington Pass Observation Point and back, with various hikes along the way - the longest and most impressive was Blue Lake, stayed in Bellingham, WA
Day 3 - Mt Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest - Artist point area - lots of hiking here, then crossed the border staying in Richmond BC
Day 4 - Granville Island, Museum of Anthropology, Stanley Park (only the totem pole area), Shannon Falls, stayed in Squamish BC
Day 5 - Nairn Falls Provincial Park, Rainbow Falls, Brandywine Falls, lunch @ whistler, drove back to Richmond BC
Day 6 - Ferry from Tsawwassen to Victoria BC, French Beach Provincial Park, Sheringham Lighthouse, walked around Victoria - stayed as Best Western Inner Harbor
Day 7 - Ferry from Victoria to Port Angeles, WA, Hurricane Ridge @ Olympic NP with a couple of hours of hiking, stayed in Port Angeles, WA
Day 8 - Sol Duc and Second Beach Olympic NP, stayed in Forks, WA
Day 9 - Hoh Rain Forest Olympic NP, stayed in Ashford, WA
Day 10 - Mt. Rainier NP, stayed in Packwood, WA
Day 11 - Mt. St. Helens National Monument - came in from the east side where there is not a visitor center but you are closer to the crater, stayed in Portland, OR
Day 12- Portland OR - Japanese Gardens, Rose Garden, Powell's Bookstore
Day 13 - drove back to Seattle & flew home.

It was a busy trip! We wanted to do the Sea to Sky Gondola near Squamish, but it had just clouded over and was starting to sprinkle (I think the only day of our trip that had rain), so we skipped that. Also we were interested in the suspension bridges near Vancouver, but just ran out of time, and if we ever do an Alaskan cruise we will likely have time in Vancouver beforehand and can do that then.

Heading to Sedona, AZ for post-Christmas week; Ottawa Canada for a week in February; Galapagos Islands in April, and back to my rescue elephants in Thailand in June. My son and husband will not be on these trips and want to do Switzerland and Italy in July. I am so excited!

I'd say our trips are bigger in 2023 than in 2022 and 100% than in 2021.

In 2021 we did Vegas twice (March then December)
In 2022 USO/WDW for a wedding and extra fun (May), weekend Silver Dollar City (July), Vegas (September)
In 2023 Mexico (April for 10th anniversary) and Mediterranean cruise (July) and maybe another shorter trip in the first part of the year as we have a 2 months companion pass for SWA.

Disney cruise with a friend in May 2023. Not sure where I will go in the Fall. Maybe a solo trip to WDW for a few nights. Unfortunately my friends do not like WDW.

Heading to Sedona, AZ for post-Christmas week; Ottawa Canada for a week in February; Galapagos Islands in April, and back to my rescue elephants in Thailand in June. My son and husband will not be on these trips and want to do Switzerland and Italy in July. I am so excited!
Any reason you want to go Ottawa in Feb? It’s the coldest month and super dreary.

trying to plan a big trip with my parents and my husband and kids and my sister to japan in june. However, we dont know the last day of school because CT does not build in snow days . really drives me bonkers.

Aulani for spring break in March.
Northern Europe cruise on the Dream in August (cancelled in 2020 and 2021 and cancelled by us in 2022 so it's been a long time coming).

Argentina this summer to see my son. I’m currently working out how to finagle a month off of work to do so. Some of it will be unpaid, but I don’t really care. We really reprioritized life things during COVID.

Our 2023 fall break trip is undecided and that will be the last year we have anyone in school, so it’s the last fall break trip. It may end up being college visits!

Not quite 2023, but Costa Rica for 10 days in early December, and then Kauai for our 25th anniversary in May of 2023.....first timers to both locations, so we're psyched! We'll do something else later in 2023, just haven't had time to plan as I've been busy with planning these two trips.
We were in Costa Rica in 2018, stayed in the Arenal area and also Samara Beach, flew in and out of Liberia. Where are you going? We would love to go back sometime.

We were in Costa Rica in 2018, stayed in the Arenal area and also Samara Beach, flew in and out of Liberia. Where are you going? We would love to go back sometime.
We initially booked the whole 10 nights at the Four Seasons Papagayo Peninsula, but then decided on a split stay between there and at the Nayara Tented Camp resort which also looks like a lovely place to stay. Each "tent" (the tents are very nice, so it's not roughing it)....has it's own spring fed plunge spa with an amazing view of Arenal. We realized after booking the Four Seasons that many of the sights we wanted to see were in the Arenal Area and the day trips were like 8-12 hours in duration. It made more sense to just stay there half of the time. We're excited...first timers as I said, and also flying in and out of Liberia....direct flight from Newark, so super easy.

Too soon to say for certain, depends in part on what happens through the winter with the pandemic.
DH and I were *super* careful during the pandemic....and it has definitely changed our behavior. For instance, I don't anticipate dining out much because during the colder months we just do take-out now. We don't miss dining out very much at all....probably because 90% of the time when we ate out....it was just us anyway.

But travel...man, I missed it. I don't think I even realized how much until we took our first vacation in three years this past summer. And guess what....we got Covid....most likely *outside* while in Mexico. Thankfully, my husband's symptoms didn't start until the night we got home (and then I got it from him two days later). It wasn't fun, but we had a fairly easy go of it because we'd gotten boosted a month before the trip. We just got the bivalent booster and flu shot yesterday.....again, in anticipation of our upcoming trip to Costa Rica. Feeling pretty crappy today as a result, but if it'll protect me better when I travel, so be it.

All of that to say that I think we were similar to you guys....kind of watching and waiting to see if the pandemic numbers would allow for travel. We booked and cancelled several trips....waiting it out. And then we took the leap and even though we did get covid, we were so glad we went. The thrill, relaxation and mental health benefits for us finally outweighed the risk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter