2023 vacation plans?

trying to plan a big trip with my parents and my husband and kids and my sister to japan in june. However, we dont know the last day of school because CT does not build in snow days . really drives me bonkers.
Jeez, it's not like it doesn't snow in CT! I'd go with the max number of days (5?) and just plan it. We are in NH and I'd say the schools average is 5 as they often go with a late start and avoid a day *off*.

Ditto here, except we will do Rhine first, then another week and a half in Switzerland and Italy, June & July. Also a spring road trip north from our location (North Central Louisiana) to Louisville, KY (whiskey tour), Cleveland (R&R Hall of Fame), upstate NY and Niagara Falls, NYC, New England, Atlantic Coast, then back home.

In the fall, another road trip to Canadian Rockies, Alaska cruise, Hwy 1 from Oregon to Los Angeles, then finish up at DL/DCA.

Any sights or activities the Disboard community might suggest is sincerely solicited.
We are in NH on the ME border. NE covers lots of territory, however in ME it would be Bar Harbor, York and Kittery areas. NH, Portsmouth and New Castle (Wentworth By The Sea is a Marriott), Rye and then White Mountains, especially driving the Kanc. VT would be Waterbury, Stowe, Burlington area including Shelburne Museum and finally Woodstock which I think is the most quaint town in all New England.

Enjoy!

Too early for us to make plans, yet.

I've got ideas of taking my mom to Galveston where my grandmother was born so that I can see all the family places while mom can show me.

I've also got a 96 year old aunt 2000 miles away that I'd like us to go see while she's with us. Haven't seen her in 30+ years.

Jeez, it's not like it doesn't snow in CT! I'd go with the max number of days (5?) and just plan it. We are in NH and I'd say the schools average is 5 as they often go with a late start and avoid a day *off*.
Unfortunately max is a whopping 11 extra days!! I added 6 days to get a date that I could work with (although the current date is perfect but I know that we will have minimum 3 storm days) . Asked the Principal and he only just gave me official response. .. At some point in january I will have to say F$$k it and buy my plane tix.

I'm hoping 2023 is the year we finally get to do our 2020 plans. Aulani in the summer is booked and ready to go. The other trip we wanted to do is take a road trip up the east coast to see some Revolutionary era historical sights with our kids.

No Disney parks planned as of right now. I priced out a few days at DL after Aulani and balked, it's hard paying that much for cash rooms after we became DVC members. If there's a decent sale I might reconsider.

Unfortunately max is a whopping 11 extra days!! I added 6 days to get a date that I could work with (although the current date is perfect but I know that we will have minimum 3 storm days) . Asked the Principal and he only just gave me official response. .. At some point in january I will have to say F$$k it and buy my plane tix.
The forecast is for a bad winter...however we know how that can go! Yup, I'd just do it too. Have a great trip!

For DD's high school graduation we're doing a 10 day cruise on Norwegian starting in Iceland then going to Norway, Netherlands, Belgium and ending in Southampton, England. We're spending a couple of extra days in Iceland on the front end and London on the back end.
Those are all great ports. Iceland is amazing.If you can go to Bruges you won’t be disappointed. We did the Northern European cruise on DCL this Summer with London on the Front end and Paris on the back end. Next year Greece, Italy an Turkey cruise and Munich on the front end. I did not like Italy when I was there 6 years ago but I’m going to give it another chance.

We flew into Seattle, but didn't actually go sightseeing in the city. We had an early flight and landed around 10am local time.

Day 1 - flight from east coast, picked up rental car, ferry from Mukilteo to Clinton (Whidbey Island), Ebey's Landing State Park, Deception Pass State Park, stayed in Anacortes, Fidalgo Island
Day 2 - drove route 20 through N. Cascades NP as far as Washington Pass Observation Point and back, with various hikes along the way - the longest and most impressive was Blue Lake, stayed in Bellingham, WA
Day 3 - Mt Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest - Artist point area - lots of hiking here, then crossed the border staying in Richmond BC
Day 4 - Granville Island, Museum of Anthropology, Stanley Park (only the totem pole area), Shannon Falls, stayed in Squamish BC
Day 5 - Nairn Falls Provincial Park, Rainbow Falls, Brandywine Falls, lunch @ whistler, drove back to Richmond BC
Day 6 - Ferry from Tsawwassen to Victoria BC, French Beach Provincial Park, Sheringham Lighthouse, walked around Victoria - stayed as Best Western Inner Harbor
Day 7 - Ferry from Victoria to Port Angeles, WA, Hurricane Ridge @ Olympic NP with a couple of hours of hiking, stayed in Port Angeles, WA
Day 8 - Sol Duc and Second Beach Olympic NP, stayed in Forks, WA
Day 9 - Hoh Rain Forest Olympic NP, stayed in Ashford, WA
Day 10 - Mt. Rainier NP, stayed in Packwood, WA
Day 11 - Mt. St. Helens National Monument - came in from the east side where there is not a visitor center but you are closer to the crater, stayed in Portland, OR
Day 12- Portland OR - Japanese Gardens, Rose Garden, Powell's Bookstore
Day 13 - drove back to Seattle & flew home.

It was a busy trip! We wanted to do the Sea to Sky Gondola near Squamish, but it had just clouded over and was starting to sprinkle (I think the only day of our trip that had rain), so we skipped that. Also we were interested in the suspension bridges near Vancouver, but just ran out of time, and if we ever do an Alaskan cruise we will likely have time in Vancouver beforehand and can do that then.
Sounds like a wonderful trip! We are also flying from the East Coast. There's so much to see/do in the area that it's really tough narrowing things down.

How was the BW Inner Harbor hotel?

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

I'm getting a head start to 2023 with a Disney cruise on the Dream in 29 days. After that, I have a 10-night cruise in March 2023 with Regent Seven Seas on the Splendor out of Miami, with ports to the Dominican Republic, San Juan PR, St. Barts, St Lucia, Dominica, and Antiqua. And right now I'm close to pulling the trigger on a Disney cruise during Christmas that includes Christmas day to wrap up 2023.

Nothing planned as of now. We just rented our DVC points to a friend so probably no Disney for us. We'd like to do our 30th anniversary trip - a year late due to covid - to Grand Canyon and other national parks in the SW.

I want to take DS15 to visit a couple of colleges during Spring Break. This summer we're doing a family safari in Kenya and then spending some time in London afterward.

I want to take DS15 to visit a couple of colleges during Spring Break. This summer we're doing a family safari in Kenya and then spending some time in London afterward.
Thats what we are doing for my DD16 spring break too! Boston for museums, foods and colleges!

Sounds like a wonderful trip! We are also flying from the East Coast. There's so much to see/do in the area that it's really tough narrowing things down.

I really liked the BW Inner Harbor. It was so hard to choose where to stay there because of so many options. But, the location was really nice. We had a great view of the city & harbor. Within a 2 minute walk you were at the waterfront. They had a hot tub, sauna, and pool, & parking available. We ate at a restaurant next door called Belleville's Watering Hole & Diner & the food there was really good - ahi tuna poke bowl for me, probably one of my favorite meals of the trip (though there were a lot of favorite meals on that trip!).

if you can work it into your plans i highly recommend taking the time to visit leavenworth washington. it is STUNNING there and the food is great.

We are in NH on the ME border. NE covers lots of territory, however in ME it would be Bar Harbor, York and Kittery areas. NH, Portsmouth and New Castle (Wentworth By The Sea is a Marriott), Rye and then White Mountains, especially driving the Kanc. VT would be Waterbury, Stowe, Burlington area including Shelburne Museum and finally Woodstock which I think is the most quaint town in all New England.

Enjoy!
Yes to White Mountains, especially Mt. Washington and Bretton Woods. Bar Harbor and Cadillac Mtn.

Anyone got travel they've already planned for next year? This past summer felt like so many people we know were taking big vacations, maybe pent up demand from 2020 and 2021. Wondering if that trend is going to continue into 2023.
March - DH will travel to Florida for a week to watch DD19 and her college softball team play. There‘s no schedule yet, so I have no idea where in Florida we will be going.

June - DD19 and I will be taking a mother/daughter trip to WDW. I’m very excited about this trip - we’re going to have so much fun!

Fall - I’d like DH and I go to Gatlinburg to see the beautiful autumn colors and go to Dollywood. This will depend on DD19’s fall softball schedule, of which I won’t know until August.

Starting in December 2022, we're going to Miami for Christmas. Then home for a couple of days and I'm flying back to FL for WDW Marathon "weekend" but my friend and I are staying for 9 days. A mother daughter trip to WDW with my mom in April. In late June/early July we have a big road trip across the US to see as many states as possible. My son and I have a goal to visit all 50 before he graduates HS, but we know if we're really going to do this, there will be some states that we visit very quickly, see or do something touristy, then move on. The states we really want to visit, we'll spend more time. August we'll do something, but I'm not sure what that will be. Maybe WDW for Thanksgiving or Christmas.

Those are all great ports. Iceland is amazing. If you can go to Bruges you won’t be disappointed. We did the Northern European cruise on DCL this Summer with London on the Front end and Paris on the back end. Next year Greece, Italy an Turkey cruise and Munich on the front end. I did not like Italy when I was there 6 years ago but I’m going to give it another chance.
I actually liked Ghent more than Bruges. It has a lot of the same charm, but isn't overrun by tourists.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter