2019 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 29-November 23, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone that was in attendance last year confirm if there was a soft opening the night before the official opening? Hoping for one to get one more night at the festival, but I also need to move around some fastpasses if this is a possibility (Weds 8/28 was going to be a non-park day for us.) thanks!!! :)

Can anyone that was in attendance last year confirm if there was a soft opening the night before the official opening? Hoping for one to get one more night at the festival, but I also need to move around some fastpasses if this is a possibility (Weds 8/28 was going to be a non-park day for us.) thanks!!! :)

There has not been a soft opening the past few years. I wouldn't expect one this year.

There has not been a soft opening the past few years. I wouldn't expect one this year.

That's too bad. We went to one several years ago, and it was really kind of fun. And it was a good "dress rehearsal" for the booths too. I remember one booth was having some kind of smoothies, but they found out on soft opening that the machine was running too thick and slow, so they closed down for a few hours to fix it. Other booths had similar problems. Some booths were opened/closed throughout the day. And you never knew if they'd take cash/checks/gift cards as machines may not work at that moment. It was kind of an interesting way to spend the day.

Hi all! I'm going to the Food and Wine for the first time ever, this November. I've already booked two special events - smart or dumb for the first time? Also what's good booths for starters like me? Or any advice really! Thanks all!

Hi all! I'm going to the Food and Wine for the first time ever, this November. I've already booked two special events - smart or dumb for the first time? Also what's good booths for starters like me? Or any advice really! Thanks all!

How many days do you plan to attend Epcot? Also how many days will you be attending WDW?

Well, with the 2 Special Events, we're up to 3 days at Epcot, but a total of 8 days at WDW.

On your special event days focus on the events. What I mean is save your appetite for the event. Booths can be a bonus afterwards. On your free day make a list of the items you want to try. That will tell you which noon to start with. It will also tell you if you need to try and fit an item in on your special event days

The line for the booths in France and Ireland are always the longest. Prepare to wait upwards of 30 minutes, all day, every day.

Many booths, I'm thinking of Canada in particular, have dual sides for placing orders, with pick up in the middle. Everyone always stacks up on one side, not realizing there is little to no wait on the other. They just follow the herd. Just pay attention, it can save you a ton of time.

Now that we’ve had a chance to read the menus and some reviews of returning items, I’m pretty sure we need to add a second afternoon to taste it all!

We’re going Opening Weekend (currently planned for Friday early, before MNSSHP). For those who went last year, how are crowds on Labor Day Monday? I’m thinking 11-3 (roughly).

Thanks!

Now that we’ve had a chance to read the menus and some reviews of returning items, I’m pretty sure we need to add a second afternoon to taste it all!

We’re going Opening Weekend (currently planned for Friday early, before MNSSHP). For those who went last year, how are crowds on Labor Day Monday? I’m thinking 11-3 (roughly).

Thanks!
I'm also going opening weekend and while I've never been on opening weekend I'm hoping the crowds will be distract by galaxy's edge

The line for the booths in France and Ireland are always the longest. Prepare to wait upwards of 30 minutes, all day, every day.

Many booths, I'm thinking of Canada in particular, have dual sides for placing orders, with pick up in the middle. Everyone always stacks up on one side, not realizing there is little to no wait on the other. They just follow the herd. Just pay attention, it can save you a ton of time.

I have never waited 30 minutes for France. If the line's that long I just go someplace else (But it also has two sides)

Opening weekend however is a zoo! I went once and decided not to do that again and I doubt SW is going to help much, if anything it's going to add to the crazy as more people come to WDW for that.

Yikes, I've never waited that long! Maybe 10 minutes. But I always go first thing and bail by 1-2pm when it starts getting really busy.

We've been to F&W several times and never found this to be true. Ten minutes max. We avoid evenings and weekends.
I don't think I have ever waited more than 10-15 minutes in line at Epcot booths. Most of the time it's far less. We stay at Epcot resorts, so we zip over to the booths most days.

Sometimes the booth registers go down for awhile and they can't take magic bands or credit cards. We always bring some cash along so we can quickly get our food items. The CM's tell people with cash to come to the front of the line.
It could be that's why some experience 30 min or longer waits.

We've NEVER waited that long in any of the lines. We have been on all days of the week and different times, however on a Saturday we went fairly early.... say noon to 3p. Then left.
Most of the days we've gone, it has literally been walk ups mostly or wait for 1-3 people ahead of us. We always go in September.
I will say though..... we have found it very difficult to find a spot to set down a plate to eat.

I typically go on weekends in October as the weather tends to be slightly cooler along with the rainy season being over. With that being said, you can expect long lines at certain booths. Usually in the middle of the day and at night

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter