2019 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 29-November 23, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found the post. Thanks! I’ll look into maybe doing the tailgate. We did the candy sushi last year and it was decent but I wouldn’t pay $10 for it
You can always plan to go to the eat to the beat concerts. If it's a really popular one (limited seating) you can stop for a bit in the back, listen, and then continue your stroll.
And this isn't really F&W related, but I love, love to wander through the Japanese Department store. It's a nice place to cool down, and lots of interesting things to see.

You can always plan to go to the eat to the beat concerts. If it's a really popular one (limited seating) you can stop for a bit in the back, listen, and then continue your stroll.
And this isn't really F&W related, but I love, love to wander through the Japanese Department store. It's a nice place to cool down, and lots of interesting things to see.
I looked at the line up and I didn’t see anyone I’d really care to see but we may stop and listen for a few minutes.

I love the Japan store!

I'm attending F&W for the first time ever ON my 40th birthday, which is Sunday October 6. We're planning to arrive at opening and stay through Epcot Forever. We also have 7:30ish dinner reservations at Le Cellier. Any input on what we can expect as far as crowds, weather, fast pass availability (we're staying off site) would be appreciated. It's a group of six adults a six year old and a six month old. I currently plan to spend the morning in Future World then work our way around the World Showcase starting in Mexico and ending in Canada. Would love advice on strategy as well. Thanks! :-D

We live about an hour from wdw now so I’m excited to visit the festival multiple times this year! I’m thinking we’ll probably just snack around the world. I’m not sure I want to pay for any of the seminars or anything. I know some of them are free. Is there anything worthwhile to go to that’s free?
This will be us next year! We will be close enough to uber over to the boardwalk, spend the day in Epcot, hang out on the boardwalk, uber home! And we can go during the week 😂

This will be us next year! We will be close enough to uber over to the boardwalk, spend the day in Epcot, hang out on the boardwalk, uber home! And we can go during the week 😂
Well we won’t be able to Uber lol. And we’ll only be able to go on the weekends

I'm attending F&W for the first time ever ON my 40th birthday, which is Sunday October 6. We're planning to arrive at opening and stay through Epcot Forever. We also have 7:30ish dinner reservations at Le Cellier. Any input on what we can expect as far as crowds, weather, fast pass availability (we're staying off site) would be appreciated. It's a group of six adults a six year old and a six month old. I currently plan to spend the morning in Future World then work our way around the World Showcase starting in Mexico and ending in Canada. Would love advice on strategy as well. Thanks! :-D

Happy early birthday! Weekends are usually more crowded with locals, however, since it is in the middle of the Festival, it shouldn't be too bad. The weather should be nice. Regarding Le Cellier, the meals are pretty heavy and pricey. After eating and drinking your way around World Showcase all day, you may not be able to eat a big meal. I made this mistake the first year I attended the Festival, and wasted a lot of money at Le Cellier for dinner. This is one of my favorite restaurants on property, but not worth eating there the same day. If you are looking for a place to sit and have a lighter dinner, Via Napoli could be a good idea. You can still get Le Cellier's Cheddar Cheese Soup and Filet at the Festival :thumbsup2

We live about an hour from wdw now so I’m excited to visit the festival multiple times this year! I’m thinking we’ll probably just snack around the world. I’m not sure I want to pay for any of the seminars or anything. I know some of them are free. Is there anything worthwhile to go to that’s free?

There were some free seminars in the Festival Center last year - generally sponsored by a company that wanted to advertise a product. I didn’t attend but walked by one on how to put together a charcuterie platter last year that looked pretty good. My guess is that without formal festival center space these were eliminated.

Agree that listening to the concerts can be fun. We don’t bother with getting seats in the theater, just plan to be in the area for a song or two. We also do the Remy scavenger hunt. I think the map is under $10 but can do without a map - just look for him in every country.

What a great birthday plan!! I’m not sure if the Epcot Forever show will be at 9 like Illuminations (seems likely) but if seeing it and having a “good spot” is a priority, I might try to move your Le Cellier reservation up to 7 or even 6:30.

Sunday will be crowded but manageable. If wanting to try some food booths I’d plan to hit those right at 11 both for lowest crowds and to space from your dinner. Crowds should lessen as the day goes on with locals who have to work the next day.

I am just so excited to be moving! Coming down for a day when the weather & your mood is right is awesome. I want to come weekends too. I love the festive crowds

Congrats on your move!!!

There were some free seminars in the Festival Center last year - generally sponsored by a company that wanted to advertise a product. I didn’t attend but walked by one on how to put together a charcuterie platter last year that looked pretty good. My guess is that without formal festival center space these were eliminated.

Agree that listening to the concerts can be fun. We don’t bother with getting seats in the theater, just plan to be in the area for a song or two. We also do the Remy scavenger hunt. I think the map is under $10 but can do without a map - just look for him in every country.
I think we will try the scavenger hunt. We only did one day at F&W last year so we didn’t have time. If the prize is decent this year I might actually pay for it. I’m pretty sure we’re gonna do the ESPN tailgating because Dh likes football and it’s on a Sunday so he won’t have to miss work.

Thanks for the early birthday wishes! :)

Happy early birthday! Weekends are usually more crowded with locals, however, since it is in the middle of the Festival, it shouldn't be too bad. The weather should be nice. Regarding Le Cellier, the meals are pretty heavy and pricey. After eating and drinking your way around World Showcase all day, you may not be able to eat a big meal. I made this mistake the first year I attended the Festival, and wasted a lot of money at Le Cellier for dinner. This is one of my favorite restaurants on property, but not worth eating there the same day. If you are looking for a place to sit and have a lighter dinner, Via Napoli could be a good idea. You can still get Le Cellier's Cheddar Cheese Soup and Filet at the Festival :thumbsup2
We have someone who REALLY wants to eat at Le Cellier. If some of the group only wants to get an appetizer or a dessert, will that be OK? Do they make everyone order an entree? I know if we split a meal they may up charge, or so I've heard.

What a great birthday plan!! I’m not sure if the Epcot Forever show will be at 9 like Illuminations (seems likely) but if seeing it and having a “good spot” is a priority, I might try to move your Le Cellier reservation up to 7 or even 6:30.
I'm not sure what a "good spot" is? I had read you can see it from pretty much anywhere. I was hoping to just be about to walk outside the restaurant and have a view, even if not a perfect view. With a group as big as ours I'm not sure if we can move it up. :/

Went back & forth on whether I wanted to get DH a 3 or 5 day hopper for our F&W trip. I was tempted to do 3 and then add the Halloween party, but I know he doesn't care. I got the 5 day hopper. I'm sad to miss the Boo To You Parade, but we're going the week of Halloween and those party prices REALLY go up compared to September! I'm excited for F&W though, and we have the Parisian Breakfast booked. Maybe spreading it across this many days will help me try things slowly instead of making myself sick trying to eat everything in 2-3 days, haha!

We have someone who REALLY wants to eat at Le Cellier. If some of the group only wants to get an appetizer or a dessert, will that be OK? Do they make everyone order an entree? I know if we split a meal they may up charge, or so I've heard.

You’re free to order what you’d like. You do not all have to order entrees. As another poster noted, the cheese soup and filet portion are also available at the F&W kiosk.

I'm not sure what a "good spot" is? I had read you can see it from pretty much anywhere. I was hoping to just be about to walk outside the restaurant and have a view, even if not a perfect view. With a group as big as ours I'm not sure if we can move it up. :/

The show hasn’t debuted yet so I’m not sure what to expect. I believe right outside the Canada pavilion there are some trees that partially obstruct anything on the lagoon, but to your point most action is probably in the sky and, again, it’s a new show so who knows. Large parties can take longer and in my (limited) experience Le Cellier can run behind. With a 7:30 reservation, if you’re seated on time. I think you’ll be lucky if you’re exiting at 8:45. Definitely tell your server when you’re seated that you’re hoping to see the show.

We will be at F&W for opening weekend and I remember seeing that the dance party was coming back for 7 days a week instead of just the weekend. I also remember seeing that Meg Donnelly would be there for the first weekend. Is there any more information that has recently been released regarding this? I have a huge Meg Donnelly fan in this house - DD8 would be thrilled to see her! Just trying to work it in to plans. Thanks!

I’m not sure at the park hours are. But assuming it closes at nine and 730 dinner reservation at this place makes it Risky To be out in time for the evening show especially with a group of eight. I would not assume you’ll be seated until closer to eight. They are notorious for running behind. Then one of two things will happen I’ve had both. You could have the server who throws all your food on the table at once, comes back by 5 minutes later, announces you didn’t want dessert and throws the check on the table. With him you might be out by 9. Or it will take an hour just to get your main dish. Personally this place is such a letdown I would not bother going, but you’re going to need to move that reservation up at least 30 minutes if you want to be assured of getting out by 9 amd with a party of eight I would probably move it up to 630

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter