1st trip to DL, 1st Anniversary, 1st time on the coast...COMPLETED!!

I'm so sad your trip report is over. When are you going on vacation again??

Aww thank you! We'll probably go sometime next year. DH gets two weeks of vacation so we're thinking maybe one week at WDW at one time of the year and then maybe a Disney cruise during another time of the year? I'm not sure, though what we are going to do yet! I hope it all works out!! Thank you for following along!! :goodvibes

All of the food looks SO yummy! I'm trying to lose about 5 lbs before we go to AK in September and you're making it really hard! :rotfl2: Oh, and I love sunny side up eggs, too! You didn't ask for sweet tea in CA, too, did you? :rotfl:

I love watching the scenery on plane rides out west! Ahhh...I want to go on a big trip soon! WDW doesn't count for me because we're pretty close and never go for extended periods. What airline did you use? It seems pretty rare to get food for "free" on planes these days.

I'm glad you and Jason had a great time on your 1st anniversary. But, I'm so sad your TR has ended! :sad1: Thanks so much for sharing it with us! Do you have another trip planned? Oh, and I love Leroy!

Oh the food was SO GOOD!!! I DID ASK FOR SWEET TEA!!! :rotfl2: I really did get crazy looks for that one!!! :rotfl2: Jason told me to stop asking for it because they aren't going to have it! I was asking just for fun!! :rotfl2: Oh yes....the scenery was so beautiful! I'm totally used to flat land so when I saw hills and snow capped mountains I was in awe!!! We used Continental for this vacation. I was surprised by the free food, too!! Thank you so much!!! I'm glad you enjoyed the report!! I can't wait for another trip but sadly, we don't have anything planned at the moment!

MY husband had declared no more disney for a while. So we talked about a cruise because at least thats a different experience and still disney-ish for me. I like the idea of a land and sea package- makes us both happy! For now if I pitch any WDW plans to him I have to make it new and original or he's not going for it!

Awww..I'm sorry about that! A cruise is a good idea, too! That way you get something different AND disney all in one!!! Sounds like a plan!! :goodvibes Thanks for following along!!

Darn, it's over! :sad1: I've really enjoyed your report, and it is also an excellent advertisement for Disneyland! :) Now I really want to go soon!

Leroy is too cute. How neat is it that you can get fastpasses, go to your hotel and swim and get back to the park in time to get on the ride using your fastpasses? That would be hard to do even at Disney. One advantage for DL.

DH and I are planning to go to Orlando for three nights over New year's Eve, however we're not going to Disney! :scared1: DH wants to go to SeaWorld and I do too, since I haven't been in almost 13 years.

But.....I am working on a plan to go in May 2009 for our 4th anniversary. I haven't worked out the details yet, because like you I have to wait for DH's work schedule to come out. Hopefully, that will work out because I would like to go during the Flower and Garden festival at Epcot.

I look forward to future reports from you! A cruise sounds wonderful!

Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed the report!! The thing that I loved the most about the "smaller" area was exactly what you said....get fastpasses, go back to the hotel and chill, swim, then head back for FP time! It's too cool!!! Oooh Sea World....don't think I've been there since I was about 7 or so! Sounds like you guys will have a great time!!! I love the Flower and Garden Festival, too! It's so pretty out there! Thanks again! I've enjoyed following reports with each other! Can't wait for your next one, either!! :goodvibes

I can't believe your report is over!!! :eek: I've really enjoyed the read! You and Jason really look like you had a WONDERFUL time in DL, and even made the best of your last few moments with the camera glitch and all! :laughing: I'm looking forward to seeing your photopass pics.....I'm sure they're great! :goodvibes

I know I can't believe it's over, either!!! Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed the report!!! We DID have a wonderful time in DL! Thank you for yoru trip report and all the great ideas that we were able to get from it!! I think your trip report is really what made Jason excited about going to California so THANK YOU!! :goodvibes

Oh my gosh, it is so hard to believe that you are up to your last day already, wow!!! Your last day looks like it was wonderful though, lots of fun, I had two different ressies at the PCH for breakfast and had to cancel them, it looks like a lot of fun though so I might have to get there at some point. I can't wait to see all your photopass pictures, those are always so great. I have super enjoyed being along with you on your trippie. It was great and can't wait to see those photopass pics. Awesome job Karen.:goodvibes :hug:

I know....these last four months really flew by!! :rotfl2: Seriously though you're right....I love writing TR's because you get to "re-live" your trip and now I really feel as if it's over!! The PCH grill was fun because it wasn't crowded. One morning, we walked by around 8 a.m. and you would not believe all of the people waiting in line! It was crazy! So my suggestion is if you want to do it for breakfast, get a later time when the "breakfast rush" has ended! I'm glad you enjoyed the trip report!! Thank you so much! I can't wait to read yours, too! :thumbsup2

I had to laugh at that boy who was chasing the Dream Team!:lmao: I guess it worked since he had gotten fastpasses 3 times before! Sorry that your report has come to an end. However, I can't wait for the photopass pics! :thumbsup2

That boy was kind of funny. We laughed as we walked away....crazy kid!! :rotfl2: I was thinking that, too...guess his strategy worked!! Thanks for following along!! I'm glad you enjoyed it! :goodvibes

I've really enjoyed reading about your trip to Disneyland. It sounds like the both of you had a really wonderful time. It is sad to see if over. I was living vicariously through your trip and now I feel as if my trip is over too. Thank you.
Natalie

I'm so glad!! Thank you very much!!! :goodvibes We DID have a fantastic time!!! Thank you again!

Awww so sad that its over! :sad1:

I live in MA and we eat our eggs "sunny side up" too! Weird that he looked at you funny!

I love your California shirts. They are too cute! :goodvibes

Can't wait to see the PhotoPass pics! :thumbsup2

Haha....I've come to the conclusion that he looked at me funny because of my souther accent. At least I think. I dunno!! :rotfl2: Thank you!! We love our Cali shirts, too! We wear them all the time! lol!!! Thanks for following along!

I've loved all of your report, you guys are just to cute! The pictures have kept me excited about our upcoming trip and help make the countdown go by quicker.

I'm glad you enjoyed the report! I know what you mean....I usually read trip reports to help pass the time, too!! Thanks for following along!! :goodvibes

I just loved your entire trip report, Karen! Thanks so much for sharing with us! And btw, I live in Illinois, and our eggs also get done "Sunny-side-up" as well as "over-easy"!! I never thought it was a southern thing at all!

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it!!!! I still think that guy was nuts....must have been my accent that thew him off! :rotfl2:

awsome trip report :thumbsup2 looks like you guys had so much fun.

Thank you! We really did have a fantastic time!! Thanks for following along! :goodvibes

Thank goodness. I'd hate my camera to die on me. Then again, I want a new camera. Not that I have the money to get one though hehehe

I know.....I'm glad it was able to be fixed! I would be miserable without my baby!! :rotfl2:

Photo Pass Pictures

Just some random photo pass pictures from our trip!!

pp1.jpg

In front of the train station....I just loved the light up Mickey and Tink! It was too cool!!

pp2.jpg

I think we took a Tink picture every single time we approached a photo pass photographer! I'm only posting a few of them here because there are a TON of Tink pictures!! :rotfl2:

pp3.jpg

Castle shot

pp4.jpg

pp5.jpg

We got to meet Sorcerer Mickey in his house!!

pp6.jpg

Matterhorn Mountain

pp7.jpg

Another Tink one! Hehe! We were approached by a Photo Pass Photographer as we were waiting on the Parade to start!

pp8.jpg

Main Street at night

pp9.jpg

Hitchhiking Ghosts!

pp10.jpg

Bridge shot

pp11.jpg

The sun

..............................CONT...............................

..........................CONT...........................

pp12.jpg

Hey look! It's Stitch!!

pp13.jpg

These are my favorite...the ones of Stitch sitting on the bench with us!

pp14.jpg

pp15.jpg

pp16.jpg

pp17.jpg

The parade waterfall.....this is the photo where I had set my stuff down and my vouchers from the travel company flew into the lake! Yikes!

pp18.jpg

Early morning castle...no one around!

pp19.jpg

pp20.jpg

Another Tink! haha!

PP21.jpg

In front of Pirate Cove

pp22.jpg

Captain Hook! :laugh3:

pp23.jpg

Paradise Pier

pp24.jpg

California Adventure at night!

pp25.jpg

Disney Visa Freebie

pp26.jpg

PCH Grill Breakfast!!

....................................CONT..............................

...........................CONT.........................

"Special" Character Photo Pass Pictures

I know these have already been posted above, but I weeded out the ones with "special" characters and am posting them here. I made a list of all the photo pass special character photos I could find and the only ones we missed were the Nemo ones at the subs and the one of Mickey, Donald, and Goofy "soarin" above our heads at the bridge. I did ask the photo pass photographer at the bridge and he said those pictures are taken in front of Soarin but we never saw anyone with a camera around Soarin. I found out that a friend of mine did take the "soarin" picture in front of the bridge so that guy had no idea what he was talking about.

Tink:

pp7.jpg

pp20.jpg

pp2.jpg

Hitchhiking Ghosts:

pp9.jpg

Stitch:

pp12.jpg

pp13.jpg

pp14.jpg

Captain Hook:

pp22.jpg

------------------------------------------------

That's all, folks! This trip report has sadly come to an end! Thank you so much to everyone who followed along and tolerated my lack of updates on a timely manner!! I appreciate all the comments, well wishes as we moved into our new house, and support! You guys are the greatest!! I love reading trip reports, too! That's what keeps Disney alive!! If you go on a trip and start a trip report, please PM the link to me! I'd love to read and follow along with your trip report as you have done with mine!! Thank you again so very much!!!

You got some great pics! I LOVE them. I had no idea you could get all those different kinds you showed. They are so cool. Thanks for the report. I loved reading it.

OMG they're so cute! My favorite is definitely HOOK! What a great pic.. that is truely awesome. The ghosts are great and so are the smooches and you guys on Main St at night.

Nice job makin' good use of those photo ops!

I'm in the middle of my TR (link in sig)... I'm taking a break as my hands/arms/wrists are pretty sore but I think we went around the same time-ish.. not the same days but as in recently.

Loved your report,
Melissa

I love your trip reports!! I'm heading up a few times from San Diego the rest of the year and can't wait to use some of your tips; and I've been there 4 times! Your pictures are great - the two of you are so photogenic and you take awesome pix! How long do we have to wait for another TR?

I love the photopass pictures! Especially the one that unfortunately led to you losing your vouchers. Your trip report was such fun. It really makes me want to go back to Disneyland!

I might have missed it, but have you thought about going on an Adventures By Disney trip? The Backstage Magic tour sounds so interesting. I'd love a behind the scenes tour of Disneyland.

Great job, Karen!!

Awesome TR!! I loved it. I love the ghosts. That pic is awesome. My only question is... why isn't Mickey wearing his hat?? I've never seen him without his hat??

Those are great pics! I love the Captain Hook pic! You look so tough and well, Jason, his expression made me laugh!

I know I can't believe it's over, either!!! Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed the report!!! We DID have a wonderful time in DL! Thank you for yoru trip report and all the great ideas that we were able to get from it!! I think your trip report is really what made Jason excited about going to California so THANK YOU!! :goodvibes

AWWW.....you're welcome!!! Glad I could help! ;)

Your photopass pics are WONDERFUL!!! I love the "Stitch on the bench" shots and the hitchhiking ghosts. I've never seen those before. I wonder if those are a DL thing only, or WDW too???

I'm sad that your TR is over, but I definitely look forward to reading more of your reports in the future! :goodvibes

I've been perusing your TR's of DL and WDW and I wanted to say your pictures are PHENOMENOL! I just finished the other great TR of the coast and DL by Kmab00 and I saw that her TR was inspired by your TR so I've got to take a look!

Writing TR's is so much fun :) Looking forward to a fullfilling TR and photo session with your reports!

Melissa

P.S. Did you ever TR your birthday trip to bonaire or your Hawaii one?

Great trip report and wonderful pics, especially of you and your DH. You make a really cute couple. Thanks for sharing!! :)

LOVED THE REPORT!!!
Great job karen..thank you so much for sharing with us..You have seriously gotten me even more excited about our upcoming trip :)

Great job Karen! I'll be at WDW in December and I plan on writing a trip report. I'll make sure to let you know!

Thanks again for sharing! I loved it. :goodvibes

I just got back a few days ago from my very own trip out west to visit the mouse, and when I logged on here I saw that I had like 8 pages to catch up on, I was excited to see so many updates! :cool1: Then, when I realized it was over, I was sad. :sad1:

Great trip report, Karen! Thanks for sharing!

Wow! DL has *far* better photopass pics than WDW! My fav is Hook as well.

Another Awesome TR Karen! Can't wait for more!

Thanks for sharing your trip with us Karen, it has helped me stay excited about our upcoming trip as life has gotten busy...........Looking forward to your next trip report :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter