1st trip to DL, 1st Anniversary, 1st time on the coast...COMPLETED!!

kmab00

DIS Veteran
Link to my Pre-Trip Report.

Recap:

Me: Karen - 25 year old Registered Nurse

disney12.jpg

DH: Jason - 28 year old in Plant Operations

disney11.jpg

We spent our Honeymoon at Disney World in April of 2007. When we heard that Jason was going to have Vacation time coming up soon, we decided to take it at the time of our 1st Anniversary and spend it in California!

So, this is a trip of firsts!!
FIRST Wedding Anniversary :banana:
FIRST time on the West Coast :dance3:

FIRST time at Disneyland!!! :cheer2:

We just returned home last night!

We spent a glorious week on property at the Fabulous Paradise Pier Hotel!! We stayed 4/7/08-4/13/08!

You ready?

Here we go.......

Sunday, April 6, 2008

The day before we leave!! I was so excited all weekend that I couldn't contain myself! As it so turns out, DH was off ALL weekend...which means that we could have left for Cali TWO WHOLE DAYS earlier than planned! That especially made me antsy because I wanted to be there and NOW!!

The day before (Saturday), I had my nails done, I had a pedicure, and I had a spray tan......soooo, I was practically ready!!! :rotfl2:

dl1.jpg

However, we had an Anniversary to celebrate! This is the poor pitiful 1st layer of our wedding cake! It got smushed!!!

wedding105.jpg

THIS is what our wedding cake looked like! You see how it has our initials on the top layer and a few "Hidden Mickeys"??

Well, this is what remained of our precious cake.....

dl2.jpg

The first arrow points to a Mickey and the 2nd arrow points to what used to be our initials. :sad1:

Even with the terrible condition of our cake, we still decided to cut it anyway!!

dl3.jpg

Our wedding day napkins and cake cutter!

dl4.jpg

DH and I with our cake

dl5.jpg

DH grabbed the knife and said, "Let's play swords!" :rotfl2:

dl6.jpg

Cutting the cake

dl7.jpg

Feeding each other...awww...feel the love......:hug:

dl8.jpg

We had white Grape Juice...lol!

dl9.jpg

My mom had a piece too!

We were all impressed at the freshness of the cake! It actually tasted very good!!

dl10.jpg

However, all good things must come to an end! The icing must have melted because it all fell off and the poor cake looked so pitiful!!

Up next........

dl11.jpg

Is it time to go yet?! :rotfl2:

Hi :wave2: I just followed over from your pre-trippie.

Love your Mickey & Minnie cake cutters - so cute!!

Glad your cake at least tasted good, mine wasn't wrapped as well as it should have been and it had freezer burn on it - tasted nasty, but we each choked down a bite anyway!

Can't wait for more!

Glad your back and started your trip report already!

I hope you both had a wonderful time!

Michele

I'm on board! Can't wait to get wrapped up in another of your adventures! I SO enjoyed your Christmas trip. I'm going through your Honeymoon now! You are a very talented trip reporter! I guess you could go professional... visit all of the Disney parks and report back to us! Can't wait for all of the details (well... maybe not ALL of them - since it WAS your Anniversary!) :rolleyes1

Yay - you're back! :cool1: I can't wait to hear about your trip and see all of your great pictures!

Cake...yum! It still looked good - our cake was the same way. We weren't sure about eating it at first, but it still tasted good!

YAY! loved the anniversary pics..Can't wait for the rest of the report...and Karen, seriously, don't feel pressured..its not easy to do the whole installment a day thing ...your loyal readers will be here whenever you can find time to update..and we will love it! :banana:

Yay I can't wait to read all about your trip of firsts :goodvibes

YAY! loved the anniversary pics..Can't wait for the rest of the report...and Karen, seriously, don't feel pressured..its not easy to do the whole installment a day thing ...your loyal readers will be here whenever you can find time to update..and we will love it! :banana:

Speaking of which, when are you going to finish yours?! :rolleyes1 Your readers want to know! :rotfl:

Girl...are you kidding me?

Is that all you've written so far? :confused3

Get those fingers typing! LOL.....:rotfl2:

YAY!! You're back, loved the anniversary update!! Love all the Mickey touches on your cake, I've followed you from all your other trip reports but somehow I missed the hidden mickey's on the cake, I guess they really were hidden:rotfl: Nice touch!! Can't wait for more!!:goodvibes

Great start, Karen! :thumbsup2 I love all the Disney touches......especially the hidden Mickeys......or what's left of them! :rotfl2:

You two always look like you're having so much fun together! Can't wait to hear about Disneyland! :goodvibes

Forgive me for being one of your "Dis-stalkers", but I can't wait to read more!!!

Just found your trip report and I am enjoying it so much. I will have to play catch up and try and read some of your other ones too, I started reading the Christmas one last night but didn't get very far. Sounds great and can't wait to hear more of your CA trip.:goodvibes

Speaking of which, when are you going to finish yours?! :rolleyes1 Your readers want to know! :rotfl:

HAHAHAH. you are SO right! I am ALMOST done..but i am hoping to get to it this weekend...i need it to be finished before i forget everything..thanks for reading though ! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter