10/1/21 (Planning thread for those w/ Magic Kingdom ressies on the BIG 50th)!

We live a couple hours away, so we’re working half a day before driving down Thursday afternoon. Now I don’t know why I didn’t take the whole day off. I will NOT be focused that morning. Whoops…
That's how I feel about leaving tomorrow by 2. But then if I would have taken the whole day off today would have been the day of no concentration - a vicious cycle :rotfl2: and on that note - must go concentrate today! :)

52 hours til we head to the airport!!!! I kept expecting something to happen to make this trip be canceled. Hallelujah, WDW here we come!!! We don't have a plan of attack for 10/1 because we will have 2 other days to play. I just want to be there to take in the sights and sounds with a coffee and my hubby and Casey's for lunch! We also are staying at Poly for the first time and I am so excited!

I waited until nearly the last minute, but we won't be going on Oct 1 so I'll be cancelling my park reservation this morning. I'm not sure how that affects availability, but in case it does go back into park availability, thought I'd post in case anyone is still hunting for a reservation. Enjoy the day!

We live a couple hours away, so we’re working half a day before driving down Thursday afternoon. Now I don’t know why I didn’t take the whole day off. I will NOT be focused that morning. Whoops…
That's me! Then I realized that Grey's comes back that night so now I'm begging to leave early to get to the hotel in time to watch it lol

Sounds like quite a few of us will be staying at the Poly! I am driving down on Thursday morning and my daughter will be meeting me there that afternoon. We are beyond excited! We will be hanging out by the pool on Thursday and then going to Trader Sam’s. We will be in that 6:00 am group that is walking over to the MK on the 1st. Here is to everyone having tons of pixie dust thrown their way this weekend!

This is my last day of work - but we've already started packing and have a white board with a list as we think of things. Trying to get some last minute knee braces and bathing suit before we go! Hopefully they arrive in time!!!
We're driving, even getting new tires on my car today. We'll be in the Contemporary - but are doing Dinner at 9p on the 30th at Kona - probably see many of you out on the sand for those 10p fireworks!!!

We’re flying out tomorrow morning, we’re all checked in and upgraded to economy plus!

I wish we knew if there was a reason to be at the MK early on Friday or not (besides getting in line for a ride). I have a 7:50 am ADR at Steakhouse 71, I can’t decide if we should eat there or if we should just use it to be able to get a Lyft to the CR and walk over before 8:00 (coming from the BW and don’t want to have to deal with busses). I’m probably the only person that wishes they had left the opening at 9:00 lol.

Jealous of everyone going tomorrow, we don’t fly in til Thursday. Staying at CR for 2 nights. Never been at a high attendance time. Hope we don’t get too stressed from the crowds. Have fun everyone!
Plan breaks, lower expectations for what you'll do. Eat at off hours and use mobile ordering (get your orders in first thing in the morning and schedule for a later pick up) if you don't have sit down reservations

So how are we supposed to know where to get any “I was there” merchandise if there is any? That’s what I really care about- I’ll buy the regular stuff online even at a *reasonable* markup if it saves me time and lets me do something else on vacation, but I won’t buy I was there stuff unless I really was! Since I will be there, I want the darned merch lol! But I don’t want to wait in the wrong place or not know how to find out!

Plan breaks, lower expectations for what you'll do. Eat at off hours and use mobile ordering (get your orders in first thing in the morning and schedule for a later pick up) if you don't have sit down reservations

I have no expectations to do anything, lol. I’m hoping for Peoplemover, Carouse of Progress, maybe pirates. We do have CRT at 1:30 & GF Cafe at 8. We’re not big fireworks people so anything we see from outside the park is fine for us. I’m more concerned because there are such limited places to sit & rest in the park. I’d love to just hang out & people watch near the hub or Main Street but that’s hard to do.

With no fireworks listed on the schedule for the 30th, but the announcement of a live stream of Enchantment that night at 10:15, it is leading me to believe that there is some kind of media event or whatever that night (maybe that has been reported, and I just missed it). I am assuming that they will do most of the ceremonial stuff that night, but they will hopefully do SOMETHING on the morning of the 1st, right? I mean, I will be happy just being in there on the day, but honestly I am hoping for some kind of fan fare.

I fly in tomorrow! Land about 1:15. Hoping our room at AKL is ready, planning on eating Sanaa bread service to go on the savanna view balcony. Then heading to MK for the last HEA. Transferring to Pop on Thursday. So excited for the whole trip, but especially Friday!
I would love to see the last HEA, I really liked that show and am sad to see it go. I hope I like the new one even better, like from Wishes to HEA! However we’re staying at the BW and I wanted to take advantage of the walkability for that resort, since getting to the MK is it’s big drawback, so we’re going to stroll into Epcot and remember HEA from our previous visits and you tube if we feel the need 😊.

I would love to see the last HEA, I really liked that show and am sad to see it go. I hope I like the new one even better, like from Wishes to HEA! However we’re staying at the BW and I wanted to take advantage of the walkability for that resort, since getting to the MK is it’s big drawback, so we’re going to stroll into Epcot and remember HEA from our previous visits and you tube if we feel the need 😊.
I hope the new show is great too. HEA will be incredibly hard to top, but I am definitely optimistic!

So how are we supposed to know where to get any “I was there” merchandise if there is any? That’s what I really care about- I’ll buy the regular stuff online even at a *reasonable* markup if it saves me time and lets me do something else on vacation, but I won’t buy I was there stuff unless I really was! Since I will be there, I want the darned merch lol! But I don’t want to wait in the wrong place or not know how to find out!
I've never seen an answer to this, so my plan is to ask the first stressed out CM I see... I'm sure they'll love answering the same questions over and over! lol

I've never seen an answer to this, so my plan is to ask the first stressed out CM I see... I'm sure they'll love answering the same questions over and over! lol
Ugh, that’s what I figured. I wish they had a preorder or something, where you choose what you want and pick it up day of. Why is it so hard lol! I just want to spend money on their stuff and not stand in line all day to do it so I can be other places spending more money on their stuff!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter