10/1/21 (Planning thread for those w/ Magic Kingdom ressies on the BIG 50th)!

I fly in tomorrow morning and can’t wait to get there! Going to last HEA tomorrow night. Can’t wait to be in the MK on Friday for the 50th!! Feels like we have been waiting for this forever. Wish they would release some information about the day but just thrilled
to be there.

We’re flying out tomorrow morning, we’re all checked in and upgraded to economy plus!

I wish we knew if there was a reason to be at the MK early on Friday or not (besides getting in line for a ride). I have a 7:50 am ADR at Steakhouse 71, I can’t decide if we should eat there or if we should just use it to be able to get a Lyft to the CR and walk over before 8:00 (coming from the BW and don’t want to have to deal with busses). I’m probably the only person that wishes they had left the opening at 9:00 lol.

We have a 7:35 Steakhouse 71 ADR. We wish it were a 9am open, too! We are leaning towards just enjoying the meal and strolling over when done. I'm sure there won't be much ceremony until closer to mid-day.

I so wish we could make it in time for the last HEA. I was secretly hoping our flight would get moved up lol. My DD danced a solo to the full version of the song a couple seasons ago so it will always hold a special place in our hearts.
This is just a quick trip for us so staying at ASMo because we will be back for a week in November at CBR. I laugh because we are just bringing backpacks on the plane and DH was happy saying well you can't shop a lot this way - my response was "well they do sell luggage there if I need for on the way home..." :)

We have a 7:35 Steakhouse 71 ADR. We wish it were a 9am open, too! We are leaning towards just enjoying the meal and strolling over when done. I'm sure there won't be much ceremony until closer to mid-day.

That’s what I’m thinking we’ll do, unless we get some actual reason to be there at rope drop before then. I don’t have any real plans to ride, I would like to get any day of merch though.
I so wish we could make it in time for the last HEA. I was secretly hoping our flight would get moved up lol. My DD danced a solo to the full version of the song a couple seasons ago so it will always hold a special place in our hearts.
This is just a quick trip for us so staying at ASMo because we will be back for a week in November at CBR. I laugh because we are just bringing backpacks on the plane and DH was happy saying well you can't shop a lot this way - my response was "well they do sell luggage there if I need for on the way home..." :)

we’re only going for 4 nights and I took a full sized suitcase and a full sized carry on, and had my DH also take a suitcase, just in case lol! I wanted room to bring stuff home haha. I’m kind of surprised he went along with it. Probably figured it was a losing battle, so why argue 😊.

Just tweaked itinerary again this morning. Disney keeps adjusting park hours and soft openings. We leave tomorrow - I hope they are done now!

we’re only going for 4 nights and I took a full sized suitcase and a full sized carry on, and had my DH also take a suitcase, just in case lol! I wanted room to bring stuff home haha. I’m kind of surprised he went along with it. Probably figured it was a losing battle, so why argue 😊.

We’re only going for 2 nights. Gonna take a full sized suitcase plus I have a fold up carry on duffle bag I’m gonna throw in there too. I figure that should be plenty of room for my 50th Dooney & Bourke & some shirts/ sweatshirts. I can’t think of anything else I’d really want.

Oh wait, maybe a couple mugs & glasses, magnets, maybe a baseball cap for DH. Some passholder specific merch. And maybe if they have a 50th popcorn bucket. And then there’s usually a nice ceramic castle figurine…..

Oh man. I’m gonna need a bigger boat. :lmao:

With no fireworks listed on the schedule for the 30th, but the announcement of a live stream of Enchantment that night at 10:15, it is leading me to believe that there is some kind of media event or whatever that night (maybe that has been reported, and I just missed it). I am assuming that they will do most of the ceremonial stuff that night, but they will hopefully do SOMETHING on the morning of the 1st, right? I mean, I will be happy just being in there on the day, but honestly I am hoping for some kind of fan fare.
Media stuff was already done a few weeks back, its just a test run for the fireworks. As far as the filming of stuff for tv that is already done

We live a couple hours away, so we’re working half a day before driving down Thursday afternoon. Now I don’t know why I didn’t take the whole day off. I will NOT be focused that morning. Whoops…
Yup - I'm working today - we leave tomorrow - still have to pack yet. I need to shut my work brain off and turn my vacation brain on in order to pack and not forget anything.

Media stuff was already done a few weeks back, its just a test run for the fireworks. As far as the filming of stuff for tv that is already done

I know they filmed the stuff for the specials. I was thinking more like the events they have done for the recent openings. Like the Avengers Campus. Didn't they do a media event the night before they actually opened? They had all of the celebs and kept the actual crowd to a minimum, while live streaming it. I was thinking that may be more like what they are going to do the night before. I hope I am wrong. I plan on being there as early as I can get my family out of the hotel room to try to be there for anything they might do. I am surprised there hasn't been a leak yet.

We’re only going for 2 nights. Gonna take a full sized suitcase plus I have a fold up carry on duffle bag I’m gonna throw in there too. I figure that should be plenty of room for my 50th Dooney & Bourke & some shirts/ sweatshirts. I can’t think of anything else I’d really want.

Oh wait, maybe a couple mugs & glasses, magnets, maybe a baseball cap for DH. Some passholder specific merch. And maybe if they have a 50th popcorn bucket. And then there’s usually a nice ceramic castle figurine…..

Oh man. I’m gonna need a bigger boat. :lmao:
Ok, I didn’t mention the full sized packable duffle that I also threw in lol. But since you went there, I’ll admit it also. What I want to bring home is limitless, what my DH will let me purchase is another story haha! But the fact that he agreed to tons of suitcase space is a good sign, right?! He also said that if I get anything that is large sized I should just ship it home (I’m thinking of the 50th castle set if they have it, it would get shipped). I have 4 boys, but the younger ones are 4, they still need a castle set, right? Never mind that we have a non 50th castle set to go with our monorail
Already!

The pajamas looked amazing, I NEED a zip hoodie,you have to have the sweat pants if you get the hoodie!, I want at least 2 of the ears, I would love a Starbucks tumbler (but doubt that will happen and am not paying $150 on eBay for it), those reusable bags, amd they are releasing the nostalgic line also! Oh, I’m in so much trouble :sad2:.

They seem to be going for around $100 shipped online, I wonder what they are actually sold for. I’m so tempted to just buy them, but then I’ll be so annoyed if I do actually find them at retail plus the 20% off! WTD, WTD…

they looked a lot better when I saw a photo somewhere of a lady wearing them. I think it was on a Facebook page, someone showing off all of their purchases.
F9604CF9-24D9-40DD-B1F1-72AEFA59D874.png

Omg so I was there over the weekend to go to Space 220, and my plan was to just pick up the 50th ears and Loungefly so I’d be ready for Friday and then just get more this weekend. There is no preparation for seeing this stuff in person. It is SO. EFFING. PRETTY. They were sold out of the loungefly anyway, but I “accidentally” walked away with way more than I’d planned. 😭

Leave early in the morning and have to go to a hotel near the airport in about 2 hours. Haven't packed yet, can't put it off any longer. Very excited about our stay at the GF this week, Just me and the wife this time. Didn't want to bring the kids since this trip less about rides. Plus they went back in Febuary. Still feel awful about not bringing them

Leave early in the morning and have to go to a hotel near the airport in about 2 hours. Haven't packed yet, can't put it off any longer. Very excited about our stay at the GF this week, Just me and the wife this time. Didn't want to bring the kids since this trip less about rides. Plus they went back in Febuary. Still feel awful about not bringing them
Yes! I would have brought them (at least the older 2) except for 3 things
1. Covid (they can’t get vaccinated yet)
2. School
3. We probably won’t ride much at all and they would hate that, and make us all miserable complaining about it.

All 3 are important reasons, for me 1 and 3 are the biggest reasons we didn’t bring them. But I still feel so guilty. My oldest, who is 11, is milking that guilt lol. Mine just went in July. Once we leave I’m sure I’ll get over that guilt and the trip will be gone in the blink of an eye!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter