10/1/21 (Planning thread for those w/ Magic Kingdom ressies on the BIG 50th)!

I think because at 2:00 they start allowing entry to park hoppers if capacity allows. If you’re not in the park, that spot may allow for someone to hop into the park, essentially taking your spot.
But you tap into the first park, you don't tap out when you leave. So they wouldn't know if you have left or not.

But you tap into the first park, you don't tap out when you leave. So they wouldn't know if you have left or not.
That magic band has an rfid chip, it can count people leaving the park. When your on property and have that band, or card or phone with you Disney has an idea of where you are. They may not know exactly where you are, or exactly which people left but I have no idea they have a count of how many people are where.
And of course old school turnstile.

I don’t know how they do it, but they must have a way of tracking the number of guests leaving to manage to capacity limits (pre and post-pandemic).

Assuming that Disney doesn’t allow more park reservations than the capacity, if you arrive for the park opening, or anytime before 2pm, or arrive and leave and re-enter before 2pm, then you are within the park capacity.

That’s a reasonable question, to ask why some people are planning to arrive super early instead of just early. As has been stated, there is the psychological reason, but from a practical perspective, presumably being the earliest will allow people to be at the front of the pack for early entry rope drop to ride attractions first. So the question becomes how important is it to a person to be one of the first on an attraction that morning. It’s that’s not a priority, then just being early should be fine, allowing you to enjoy early entry for resort guests, but standing right behind the super early people.

That’s a reasonable question, to ask why some people are planning to arrive super early instead of just early. As has been stated, there is the psychological reason, but from a practical perspective, presumably being the earliest will allow people to be at the front of the pack for early entry rope drop to ride attractions first. So the question becomes how important is it to a person to be one of the first on an attraction that morning. It’s that’s not a priority, then just being early should be fine, allowing you to enjoy early entry for resort guests, but standing right behind the super early people.

I also think people keep asking because Disney has been so obnoxiously quiet about what’s actually going on that day in terms of 10/1 specific events/merch. So every time I see someone post about getting there at 5 am, I’m like wait, have you heard something I haven’t? If it’s just for early entry, I’m fine with just being somewhere in the early entry mob. But if they’re giving out a special pin to the first 1000 guests or something crazy like that, then I’m like dang I guess I’m just gonna camp out overnight on the sidewalk by security. 😂

I also think people keep asking because Disney has been so obnoxiously quiet about what’s actually going on that day in terms of 10/1 specific events/merch. So every time I see someone post about getting there at 5 am, I’m like wait, have you heard something I haven’t? If it’s just for early entry, I’m fine with just being somewhere in the early entry mob. But if they’re giving out a special pin to the first 1000 guests or something crazy like that, then I’m like dang I guess I’m just gonna camp out overnight on the sidewalk by security. 😂
Yes, all assumptions must come with the caveat that anything is possible, although some things may be more likely than others given current information.

They may not announce anything like a giveaway in advance, to keep the crowds under control a little better. I can remember back when they used to leave a pin in the rooms on special occasions. In my opinion, that would be a much simpler thing to navigate for both sides than a free for all in the park.

I hope, with MK being a big focus that day, that they will have extra buses staged at each resort to run more often than every 20-30 minutes. Otherwise, there won’t be enough real estate at the resorts to contain the queues. I would love to get in line at 5am, but since I would need caffeine to function at that hour, I would likely need a bathroom break before the bus arrived for pickup. As a solo, I don’t have anyone to hold my spot in line, so I am kind of stuck. Not sure exactly how early I will make it to MK, but since I don’t have anything I need to accomplish, other than be in the park, I am sure it will work out. See everyone on Thursday! :cool1:

Aww that would be SUCH a great idea if they had a little keepsake for resort guests! We did the ultimate Christmas package in 2019, and it said it included a free gift, so I assumed it’d be like a mug at most. It ended up being a huge gift box, which did include a mug for both of us, but also a bunch of other stuff and even a throw blanket! I know we technically paid for it as part of the package, but it was so beautifully wrapped and coming back to that box in our room at the end of our Christmas Day felt like Santa was real again! They should definitely bring that type of Disney magic back.

I just feel like if you weren’t going to be allowed in after park hopping hours start it wouldn’t say arrive between open and close. It would say arrive between open and 2pm. Park hoppers WILL be denied if there is no room, not people with reservations. I would bet good money that cast member on the phone was misinformed.

So are we! We will see you on the walkway!! Planning on 6:30 a.m. too. (When I called guest services on Friday, CM said that was the earliest they would have the walkway open for us but @disneydent says above he is planning on 5 a.m. Could they open it sooner? )
Interesting didn't know that walkway closed and opened. I know it stops for a security point but other than that not sure how they close it off. Regardless Ill be out there as far as they let me go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter