•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

Originally the Reunion Station area was announced as being a Community Hall but then DVC decided to try and monetize it. I agree it would be nice if they went back to the original concept.

Cub's Den was in the main hotel building in the area just after you entered from the walkway that went to the bus stop.

Ok I thought I had read that too way back when. I'm trying to imagine where that location is but can't. Good thing I can refresh my memory of the Lodge in ~50 days ;)

@KAT4DISNEY Yep. Money was the key, and in a rare case for Disney, it backfired. (I still think they should have made GP the new AP as a Signature on the water, but I digress.) I really liked the Cubs' Den when my daughter was of that age. Actually, I should say she really liked it: games, movies, food, new friends. They would give you a pager device, and we'd head over to the old AP when it was a real gem. Ahh, the good ol' days! pirate:

I bet! Sounded like they had a formula that worked across many years and abandoned it for no real reason. Total shame.

So do we! We'll grab our favorite libation (usually a lively New Zealand white), grab a rocker, and just sit. We soak in the serenity, the excited guests just checking into the rooms, and smile/wave to the very friendly CMs as they go about their business. It's weird, but we even like the sound of the luggage wheels on suitcases as they thump-thump-thump along the walkway. Our favorite time is evening when the lanterns are flickering and the more majestic music is playing through the outdoor speakers. Just a special feeling to it all. Oh, and that smell that wafts from the lobby!
Well said sleepy!! You know some just don’t get that special place feeling at Wilderness Lodge. So glad we “know” that special feeling.....:lovestruc

Ok I thought I had read that too way back when. I'm trying to imagine where that location is but can't. Good thing I can refresh my memory of the Lodge in ~50 days ;)

I bet! Sounded like they had a formula that worked across many years and abandoned it for no real reason. Total shame.
It is a shame. Of course, now that AP regrettably is a character meal, it's less of a hardship. The old Cubs' Den entrance was directly across from the Mercantile, though they also had a small play area outside which was across from the Arcade. When Copper Creek was being put in, that outdoor spot became a de facto smoking area for the construction workers.

Hi, everyone! My family and I just joined Copper Creek on Saturday and are so excited for our first DVC property. Thanks for all the insights on this thread.

Out of curiosity, what are your favorite places for eats at Wilderness Lodge? Specifically are there any good places for ice cream? We are used to the resorts on Crescent Lake and like to grab a quick dessert on the way back from the parks.

Hi, everyone! My family and I just joined Copper Creek on Saturday and are so excited for our first DVC property. Thanks for all the insights on this thread.

Out of curiosity, what are your favorite places for eats at Wilderness Lodge? Specifically are there any good places for ice cream? We are used to the resorts on Crescent Lake and like to grab a quick dessert on the way back from the parks.
Welcome! Congratulations on your purchase and Welcome Home. For ice cream, they do have Soft Serve at Roaring Fork, the resort's main Quick Service location which is in the middle of the South wing on the first floor (just down the big ramp and around the corner from the lobby). They also have all you can drink shakes at Whispering Canyon Cafe in the lobby, but that's more of a dine in option. At Geyser Point, the other QS location which is down by the water at the end of the North wing, they have frozen slushy drinks that are quite good, but aren't really ice cream. Things are a little quieter on Bay Lake than Crescent Lake, and there aren't as many options but the peaceful surroundings are beautiful.

:welcome:And Congrats!!!!!!! You can get Mickey Bars and assorted ice cream bars at Roaring Fork as well!! I’ll get you up on Page 1! What’s your UY?!

Is Geyser Point the best "late night" option for food? We will be arriving at MCO very late on SW Airlines (10:30pm) which means we'll have to get our bags down a level, come back up to level 3, cross over, and head down to get DME. I'm assuming the late night may mean fewer people (i'm hoping) but realistically I can't imagine arriving at WL before 11:30pm. Will anything be open that late? We are only there for one night on May 16th, unfortunately. We will be back in Sept and Dec for a few days each, though. In any case, I know we'll be hungry because we are leaving StL at 7pm. Now that I say that outloud I'm thinking we should just grab dinner at the airport here. :(

Is Geyser Point the best "late night" option for food? We will be arriving at MCO very late on SW Airlines (10:30pm) which means we'll have to get our bags down a level, come back up to level 3, cross over, and head down to get DME. I'm assuming the late night may mean fewer people (i'm hoping) but realistically I can't imagine arriving at WL before 11:30pm. Will anything be open that late? We are only there for one night on May 16th, unfortunately. We will be back in Sept and Dec for a few days each, though. In any case, I know we'll be hungry because we are leaving StL at 7pm. Now that I say that outloud I'm thinking we should just grab dinner at the airport here. :(

I believe Roaring Fork (quick service) and GP are open till midnight!! Have fun!!

Welcome! Congratulations on your purchase and Welcome Home. For ice cream, they do have Soft Serve at Roaring Fork, the resort's main Quick Service location which is in the middle of the South wing on the first floor (just down the big ramp and around the corner from the lobby). They also have all you can drink shakes at Whispering Canyon Cafe in the lobby, but that's more of a dine in option. At Geyser Point, the other QS location which is down by the water at the end of the North wing, they have frozen slushy drinks that are quite good, but aren't really ice cream. Things are a little quieter on Bay Lake than Crescent Lake, and there aren't as many options but the peaceful surroundings are beautiful.

Thanks so much! We can’t wait to book our first stay.

:welcome:And Congrats!!!!!!! You can get Mickey Bars and assorted ice cream bars at Roaring Fork as well!! I’ll get you up on Page 1! What’s your UY?!

Thanks for the warm welcome! I can’t turn down a Mickey bar, so that’s good to know. Our UY is October.

Thanks for the warm welcome! I can’t turn down a Mickey bar, so that’s good to know. Our UY is October.

NP!! I’m October as well!! Same here! We get a couple of them each trip!! SO good!!!! I’ll get you up on Page 1!

*WELCOME HOME!*

I'm too focused on the Magic Bars at Roaring Fork to have tried anything else there. :rotfl:

The best overall quality of food at the Lodge is Geyser Point. That being said, although it's a QS, it's also a TS in a sense. You can't take your food from the QS window there and then sit at GP. You now have to be seated by a CM at GP, and you get a separate menu. That menu is limited but generally very good. Roaring Fork is the main QS over in the main Lodge, and it's just okay. Lots of pre-packaged meals. WCC is a favorite to many. Lots of food if you do the all-you-care-to-eat skillets. Never been a huge fan, but it's a fun experience. Then, there's the Storybook Dining Experience with Snow White at the former Signature restaurant, Artist Point. It has gotten mixed reviews for food; mostly positive reviews for character interaction. It's expensive. Finally, there is Territory Lounge (sits between WCC and AP) which might be my favorite spot--good wine and drink selection and items available there that you won't find elsewhere. Due to it's open ambiance, I don't know how much the added noise from the character dining impacts the experience there. If it's still quiet, I highly recommend it.

Welcome and congratulations. pooh:

The best overall quality of food at the Lodge is Geyser Point. That being said, although it's a QS, it's also a TS in a sense. You can't take your food from the QS window there and then sit at GP. You now have to be seated by a CM at GP, and you get a separate menu. That menu is limited but generally very good. Roaring Fork is the main QS over in the main Lodge, and it's just okay. Lots of pre-packaged meals. WCC is a favorite to many. Lots of food if you do the all-you-care-to-eat skillets. Never been a huge fan, but it's a fun experience. Then, there's the Storybook Dining Experience with Snow White at the former Signature restaurant, Artist Point. It has gotten mixed reviews for food; mostly positive reviews for character interaction. It's expensive. Finally, there is Territory Lounge (sits between WCC and AP) which might be my favorite spot--good wine and drink selection and items available there that you won't find elsewhere. Due to it's open ambiance, I don't know how much the added noise from the character dining impacts the experience there. If it's still quiet, I highly recommend it.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! Territory Lounge sounds interesting. May have to check that out.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! Territory Lounge sounds interesting. May have to check that out.
Here's a link to their menu:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/wilderness-lodge-resort/territory-lounge/menus/ The charcuterie, mushroom bisque, and cobbler all survived the closing of AP as a Signature. Of the three, the bisque is the clear favorite--it had been a classic appetizer at AP for years. Their wine list is smaller now, sadly, but they do have a few very nice selections as pretty much anything from Argyle is good to very good.

Here's a link to their menu:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/wilderness-lodge-resort/territory-lounge/menus/ The charcuterie, mushroom bisque, and cobbler all survived the closing of AP as a Signature. Of the three, the bisque is the clear favorite--it had been a classic appetizer at AP for years. Their wine list is smaller now, sadly, but they do have a few very nice selections as pretty much anything from Argyle is good to very good.
I was a little disappointed when they made AP a character dinner, however I was happy to discover that I can still get my mushroom bisque at the lounge!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter