•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

I doubt it, because with just 14 alternate studios out of 78 overall possible studios, they make up such a small segment that any benefits would not overcome scheduling difficulties. If it were going to happen, it likely would have from the beginning, so that they could market these as a higher value category of room and rent them for more points. I'm sure they considered it...

I agree with @KAT4DISNEY below that we don't want too many separate categories because it eliminates booking flexibility. The more subdivided the inventory is the harder it will be to get a single specific room for your desired duration of stay.

Yep, I agree. Although since they did make the tub type a separate bookable category, it sure helps to know what tub a particular room has if you are going to try for it.

There's that too... :rolleyes:

14? :confused:

Mrsap I noticed it’s your husband’s 40th birthday trip in July. My now husband had his 40th birthday at the GF too. Not sure if you’ve thought about a cake yet but I’d recommend one of the dome cakes from Amorette’s in DS.

Mrsap I noticed it’s your husband’s 40th birthday trip in July. My now husband had his 40th birthday at the GF too. Not sure if you’ve thought about a cake yet but I’d recommend one of the dome cakes from Amorette’s in DS.

Thanks so much for the recommendation!!! (PS - I had mine at the GF too!!!) Definitely my favorite birthday celebration!!

Based on Page 1 (mrsap keeps a running log), it appears you may be the only one; however, usually there are other DISers there even when not listed. Have fun! ;)

Thank you, yes I did see we were alone according to the log, but then again, we've not put ourselves on it either! :)

Have a fantastic time!!!
We are thinking of going around that time next April. Come September we are going to restricted to school holidays once DD starts school. :(:sad:

We're just coming out of this scenario as my youngest finishes school next month, this is actually school holidays for us here in the UK, they get 2 weeks off around Easter.

Enjoy your term time travel while you can :)

Does Wilderness lodge have an outside fire pit? On our most recent trip to AKL Jambo, they had a nice one on the back patio. We grabbed some food from the bar and ate it by the fire. Wondered if Wilderness lodge has one somewhere. I know they have the fireplace in the lobby.

Does Wilderness lodge have an outside fire pit? On our most recent trip to AKL Jambo, they had a nice one on the back patio. We grabbed some food from the bar and ate it by the fire. Wondered if Wilderness lodge has one somewhere. I know they have the fireplace in the lobby.
Yes, but it's not going continuously. I believe they only use it in the evening for s'mores. It's near Geyser Point.

Like @sleepydog25 said it is near Geyser Point, but just used for cooking s-mores. It is on the North side of Geyser Point, headed toward the main pool. It isn't a great sitting area, but serves its purpose.

I think that AKL/AKV is the only resort that has a fire ring that operates like that.

That's a bit of bummer as it's a nice touch with big rocking chairs around it.
Well, the only true outdoor sitting area with rockers is at the VWL building on the porch. No fire, but you do get to watch people coming down the walkway which is especially fun when it's those who've not stayed there before. You can feel their excitement!

Well, the only true outdoor sitting area with rockers is at the VWL building on the porch. No fire, but you do get to watch people coming down the walkway which is especially fun when it's those who've not stayed there before. You can feel their excitement!
No doubt that will be fun. My wife and I like to people watch.

No doubt that will be fun. My wife and I like to people watch.
So do we! We'll grab our favorite libation (usually a lively New Zealand white), grab a rocker, and just sit. We soak in the serenity, the excited guests just checking into the rooms, and smile/wave to the very friendly CMs as they go about their business. It's weird, but we even like the sound of the luggage wheels on suitcases as they thump-thump-thump along the walkway. Our favorite time is evening when the lanterns are flickering and the more majestic music is playing through the outdoor speakers. Just a special feeling to it all. Oh, and that smell that wafts from the lobby!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!