•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

So do we! We'll grab our favorite libation (usually a lively New Zealand white), grab a rocker, and just sit. We soak in the serenity, the excited guests just checking into the rooms, and smile/wave to the very friendly CMs as they go about their business. It's weird, but we even like the sound of the luggage wheels on suitcases as they thump-thump-thump along the walkway. Our favorite time is evening when the lanterns are flickering and the more majestic music is playing through the outdoor speakers. Just a special feeling to it all. Oh, and that smell that wafts from the lobby!

Do you bring the bottle and extra glasses Sleepy? :D

The suitcase sounds make me sad as it is usually someone having to leave, rather than checking in.

Looking forward to our first stay, this resort has been on our bucket list for a while. Our last trip(last month) was to AKL via points rental....and we were trying to get into Wilderness, but failed. We went with AKL as a close second as it's architecture was designed by the same person I believe.
We didn't plan to buy DVC this year. We thought about a few years back, and bought an RV instead. No intention of a tour this last visit. In our previous 5 visits our son has traded pins with the DVC sales staff in parks. I had commented on the dis that the staff had not once tried to "sell" us any of those dozens of times. Sure enough we got the pitch this visit. The promise of fastpasses and gift cards hooked my wife. We resisted while on site, but took all of 2 weeks before we pulled the trigger. Now we have to wait 330 days to play with our new toy. I'm not under the illusion that we got an unbeatable deal.....but it's probably a better choice than that convertible we were thinking about.....and honestly we'll probably get more time in the DVC per year.

Hi, all! I think this is my first post in this thread. We own at Copper Creek, but at the time of purchase, we only had a Disneyland trip on our calendar. We were able to use our points at VGC, so that has been our only DVC stay so far! However, we do have a WDW trip coming up in December 2020, and we would like to actually use our points at our home resort. :)

We would be looking to book a 1-bedroom villa for 5 or 6 nights during the early part of December, Sunday-Friday or Sunday-Saturday. (It's considered Adventure Season.) Do I need to fret that a 1BR wouldn't be available at my 11-month home resort booking date? Do I need to fuss with walking a reservation? Or are 1BRs pretty easy to come by at CCV?

Thanks!

Hi, all! I think this is my first post in this thread. We own at Copper Creek, but at the time of purchase, we only had a Disneyland trip on our calendar. We were able to use our points at VGC, so that has been our only DVC stay so far! However, we do have a WDW trip coming up in December 2020, and we would like to actually use our points at our home resort. :)

We would be looking to book a 1-bedroom villa for 5 or 6 nights during the early part of December, Sunday-Friday or Sunday-Saturday. (It's considered Adventure Season.) Do I need to fret that a 1BR wouldn't be available at my 11-month home resort booking date? Do I need to fuss with walking a reservation? Or are 1BRs pretty easy to come by at CCV?

Thanks!

You shouldn't have a problem booking a 1 bedroom when your 11 month window opens. I've watched availability pretty closely this year and they do eventually book up after a week or so though, so don't wait. No need to walk, it'll just create more congestion.

We didn't plan to buy DVC this year. We thought about a few years back, and bought an RV instead. No intention of a tour this last visit. In our previous 5 visits our son has traded pins with the DVC sales staff in parks. I had commented on the dis that the staff had not once tried to "sell" us any of those dozens of times. Sure enough we got the pitch this visit. The promise of fastpasses and gift cards hooked my wife. We resisted while on site, but took all of 2 weeks before we pulled the trigger. Now we have to wait 330 days to play with our new toy. I'm not under the illusion that we got an unbeatable deal.....but it's probably a better choice than that convertible we were thinking about.....and honestly we'll probably get more time in the DVC per year.
Ha! We (I) was not planning on buying in, either. DH is the one that immediately said YES. He didnt even play hard to get or anything :rotfl2:

And at least with DVC, your hair won't get all tangled in the wind....unlike what would happen with a convertible.

Haven't seen this anywhere, but Master Declaration for Riviera occurred on 2/25. For the Poly, it went on sale five days after master declaration. CCV it was 15 days. Looks like we will have prices and point charts within the next 1-2 weeks.

The Master Declaration for Riviera was filed 02/25/19
The sales information including point charts released 3/25/19
Sales to members begins 3/27/19 (officially, nothing is filed with OCC before that date)
Sales to new buyers begins 4/15/19
Resort opens 12/16/19

Mrsap I noticed it’s your husband’s 40th birthday trip in July. My now husband had his 40th birthday at the GF too. Not sure if you’ve thought about a cake yet but I’d recommend one of the dome cakes from Amorette’s in DS.

If a dome cake is too large, you might consider one of the small cakes they offer. They are wonderful. Definitely will get one in 2020 for our 40th anniversary. Unless we rent a cabin and invite guest for dinner, I doubt we would get a dome cake for the two of us.

I think that AKL/AKV is the only resort that has a fire ring that operates like that.

Kidani definitely has a fire pit that operates when the weather is cold. Except in March it was broken and it was really cold. So cold that the Cultural Representatives were relieved after only one hour on duty. They rotated one hour one one off just to warm up. We walked out to the viewing just before lunch at Sanaa and found the Cultural Rep dancing to keep himself warm. Wish we had gotten a photo. :)

The suitcase sounds make me sad as it is usually someone having to leave, rather than checking in.

Looking forward to our first stay, this resort has been on our bucket list for a while. Our last trip(last month) was to AKL via points rental....and we were trying to get into Wilderness, but failed. We went with AKL as a close second as it's architecture was designed by the same person I believe.
Love your story! I had to chuckle at the convertible comment since that's on my wife's bucket list. I don't know there are very many "unbeatable" deals left with DVC, but if the math works for you then it works for you. And, yes, AKL and WL were both designed by Peter Dominick (also see Grand Californian). To no surprise, these are the best themed DVC resorts in the World.

With the construction for Reflections going on, and that path being closed for now. What are peoples thoughts on transportation to the fort. Specifically hoop dee doo. My last time at hoop dee doo, the boat transportation had and epic line, as did the bus transport. Any tricks to get back to Copper creek aside from a lyft or something?

With the construction for Reflections going on, and that path being closed for now. What are peoples thoughts on transportation to the fort. Specifically hoop dee doo. My last time at hoop dee doo, the boat transportation had and epic line, as did the bus transport. Any tricks to get back to Copper creek aside from a lyft or something?
That's a good question. We have ADRs for September 5th and it's our last night. We're staying at CCV that night so boat seems to be the simplest way to get back.

You shouldn't have a problem booking a 1 bedroom when your 11 month window opens. I've watched availability pretty closely this year and they do eventually book up after a week or so though, so don't wait. No need to walk, it'll just create more congestion.

Thank you! That is so helpful. I'd like to avoid walking on principal (don't want to be part of the problem) but I understand why people do it, and would do it myself if it was the only way to use my points. Glad I won't have to!

I am coming late to this thread - we added on at CCV last year after a wonderful, magical stay there. I was really sad to learn that they've discontinued Reunion Station as a dining/club room experience. I think that was really the clincher for us to add on. Anyone else miss it?

Moving ON to my favorite room!!! Room 5133, a 1BR. This is the last room before a Grand Villa that is on the end. 3 doors lead to one large balcony. Because it is on the end, you can see over the roof across to see the MK fireworks. And the Geyser is right there (it is loud! loved it!) Could see the Electrical Pageant in both rooms, looking to the side. WELL worth the walk down the hall, at least for us!

]

Thank you for sharing this, I've just requested this room or 6133 as LOVE those views :)

Last edited:
I am coming late to this thread - we added on at CCV last year after a wonderful, magical stay there. I was really sad to learn that they've discontinued Reunion Station as a dining/club room experience. I think that was really the clincher for us to add on. Anyone else miss it?

I’m very disappointed. I really wanted them to make it better - but instead just did away with it. The way it was set up (hours wise, food wise and mainly price wise) it honestly wasn’t worth it. They kept saying they were working on it. Such a shame.

I’m very disappointed. I really wanted them to make it better - but instead just did away with it. The way it was set up (hours wise, food wise and mainly price wise) it honestly wasn’t worth it. They kept saying they were working on it. Such a shame.

I think in theory it was a good idea, and maybe good for a limited segment. But it probably wasn't profitable enough for them to continue. I do hope they try to use it other than for paid events or activities. What needs to be there is a Community Hall. The only one nearby is at Bay Lake Tower and is pretty small. Either there or the now defunct Lilo's Playhouse (at the Polynesian) would be great. Wasn't Reunion Station originally the Cub's Den?

I think in theory it was a good idea, and maybe good for a limited segment. But it probably wasn't profitable enough for them to continue. I do hope they try to use it other than for paid events or activities. What needs to be there is a Community Hall. The only one nearby is at Bay Lake Tower and is pretty small. Either there or the now defunct Lilo's Playhouse (at the Polynesian) would be great. Wasn't Reunion Station originally the Cub's Den?

Originally the Reunion Station area was announced as being a Community Hall but then DVC decided to try and monetize it. I agree it would be nice if they went back to the original concept.

Cub's Den was in the main hotel building in the area just after you entered from the walkway that went to the bus stop.

@KAT4DISNEY Yep. Money was the key, and in a rare case for Disney, it backfired. (I still think they should have made GP the new AP as a Signature on the water, but I digress.) I really liked the Cubs' Den when my daughter was of that age. Actually, I should say she really liked it: games, movies, food, new friends. They would give you a pager device, and we'd head over to the old AP when it was a real gem. Ahh, the good ol' days! pirate:

@KAT4DISNEY Yep. Money was the key, and in a rare case for Disney, it backfired. (I still think they should have made GP the new AP as a Signature on the water, but I digress.) I really liked the Cubs' Den when my daughter was of that age. Actually, I should say she really liked it: games, movies, food, new friends. They would give you a pager device, and we'd head over to the old AP when it was a real gem. Ahh, the good ol' days! pirate:

I agree Sleepy. When that building first showed up on the map I totally thought it was going to be a water front Sig. It's what made sense to me anyway. As usual Disney didn't ask me though. :laughing:

I had always read such great things about the kids clubs. We have a couple of little ones in the family now and I thought they would be great for them on some visit once they got to a qualifying age. Pretty sad about their removal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter