Your Xmas Haul...

Stay safe Squid!

Let's see:
what I bought myself:
stocking stuffers: embellishments, new blades for my paper cutter (me)
(DH) bubble bath, perfume, 2 shirts he wadded up and threw in there (ergh!)

Gifts:
(me) new capri pants and top, wind suit (PINK), 2 new tops
(DH) 3 camis, jeans, & sweater ( he went over budget so he is in trouble)

DH & I gift together our vehicle but we got it 2 months ago (therefore the reason he is in so much trouble ~ we had agreed on a budget)

DS13: got me a movie (wedding date)
DD: got me my favorite perfume
DS9: got me embellishments (one was elf related)

neither of my stepsons got me anything..and that is tradition, prefer to keep it that way..however, they did not buy for their dad this year either.. :( Dad was heartbroken... they could have given him a card even if they made it themselves... I feel for DH... It is what it is...

I did get some more wonderful gifts from my ILs.

Two purple shirts from Talbots for layering.
A very lovely light dove grey purse with a compartment inside so I don't lose my phone anymore. :lmao:
Philosophy's Baby Grace perfume.
And some scrapbook money. :yay:

My Little Bit made a handwritten note and put $10 for scrapbook supplies. :cloud9:

Eldest almost behaved himself today. A whole day of being good is my gift. :rotfl2:It could take a while before I get that one.

Love hearing about everyone else's presents.

OK - I had to google the D&B wristlet, it is adorable! Good thing for DH I didn't know about that before Christmas!

My DH gave me a beautiful wool coat that I picked out 3 weeks ago and have worn almost every day since! I love it! I also got a cool olive oil drizzler for the counter.

My oldest daughter gave me cute flannel PJs and my youngest daughter crocheted me a scarf for my new coat. Love it all!

I also got too much candy :lovestruc, a silicone baking pan, some games and fuzzy socks.

No scrapping stuff this year, since I got my silhouette I haven't needed the stickers and punches as much, I would have liked more cuttlebug embossing folders but our local stores only stock what I already own! I also would have liked the ATG gun, Danica you are lucky!

Our family got Rock Band 2 from my parents so I have been jammin most of the day -- it's scary watching me do vocals to "Eye of the Tiger"!

Merry Christmas everyone!

What a fun thread!

My goodies are:

From DS -
DVD of "Julie & Julia"
Jolee's to use in DS's drama and Seabase books

From DH -
DCWV Old World Stack
a British cookbook
the Martha Stewart bird stamp & punch set
Some Cuttlebug dies - DH realized these would be worthless to me since I don't have a Cuttlebug, but he knew I'd get a laugh out of it. He tried to buy me a Cuttlebug at M's, but they wouldn't let him use the coupon on it so he put it back (he knew I wouldn't be happy if he paid full price even though I want a Cuttlebug). But, he forgot to put the 2 dies back:rotfl:!!

Another DH "oops" was that he was going to get me a Disney gift card. He stopped at Walgreens yesterday to get one, but their system was down and they couldn't do gift cards. So, this morning, I got an envelope that said "Old Time Gift Card for Disney" and inside was $100 to use on our trip to WDW in 8 days!!!!!:love:

From my Mom:
a furry rug
a cat bed
a singing cat
a cat book
2 cat figurines with cute sayings on them

From my brother:
a cross stitch tips and techniques book

From my Stepgrandmother:
a box of chocolate covered cherries
$50 bill

It was a wonderful day with lots of family and fun.

DS got the Super Mario game for the Wii and we all played it a little while ago. DH and I aren't too good at it!!! DS is great, but DH and I died alot. It was fun though!

We're getting together with DH's mom and sister next week so there will more presents. Wow!

Our big surprise for DH was that we got a historical marker plaque for our home from our city's Historical Society. It notes that our house was built in 1902. Danica and I spent the last few weeks researching the ownership thread through the past 100+ years. (Lots of time in dusty library corners poring through old books and maps from the turn of the century!) We got the entire unbroken thread! We made a nice list and description of the former occupants (five families before us!) on a certificate. He loves it!!!! Will post a pic of him mounting the plaque on the house... We live in a cool area - and our house is among the newest in our area. Paul Revere (yes, that one!) rode past our street/house - if they had been there in 1775! - on his famous "The British are coming!" ride.

DS came to me this morning held up three fingers and said, as he put down each one "B"... "C"... "E"..."Best Christmas Ever!" Love him! We had a magical day and hope everyone else is having a lovely time, too. And that we all get to play with our new toys soon!

aawwwww. that is so sweet.

Some things I got I knew about but some were a surprise.

Main gift was a 10 day WDW park pass!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2
Also a wide mouth tool bag for my cricut machine. It's got all sorts pockets on the outside that should hold cartridges.

It was a lovely Christmas. Tomorrow we are going to DH's sisters house to celebrate but only the kids get gifts.

Stephanie - I love the old time gift card! That's great, and very creative. Your talent must rub off on your family. ;)

I got some new perfume (not a surprise as DH and I went shopping for it:rolleyes1), a couple of new cook books and money - for me to spend in the sales. I also got a new washing machine and PC monitor before Christmas:headache: and am getting an external hard drive to back up my PC as it scared me by the fan going crazy yesterday:scared1: (hoovered it out today and it seemsOK - touch wood! - but starting to look at a new system anyway).

I don't get a load of gifts because DH and I agree to buy things when we need it while we can find it - and he buys me laods (even if he doesn't know about it:rotfl: see my scrap corner!!)

Today we have to go to Dover after I get the email that Best Buy picked the new monitor I ordered yesterday. And Mike's just HAPPENS to be in the same shopping center :rolleyes1 I want the Martha Stewart Scoring mat :thumbsup2 Now DH said he is coming with us, so I had to tell him about the mat... LOL...

I forgot to add before, Santa brought me Amazing Grace by Philosophy. That's my fave everyday perfume :teeth: And I got gift cards for Sephora, from DsS and DS17's friend. DS21's cute DGF gave me one of those magic brownie pans with the cutter insert... I'll let you know how it works...

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and enjoyed the day, regardless of what was under the tree (or wasn't, lol)!

I got from DH:
the diamond from my engagement ring remounted in white gold to match the anniversary band I got a couple years ago :love:

from DH & my boys (DH picked it out):
Hollister sweater that I'm too old for :cool2:
two shirts
two more sweaters
pair of khakis

From my parents:
shoes
two sweaters
Cricut tool kit (need to figure out what they're for, lol)
Cricut spatula tool
Stretch Your Imagination cart
1 lb. pack of scrap paper (DS6 picked it out)

From the IL's:
Mickey pj's
Happy perfume & lotion
sweater w/shirt under it
CM pages, protectors, and tape runner

From DH grandma:
Handmade by grandma Christmas quilt for our bed (got that a few weeks ago)
Longaberger travel mug
CM Daisy storage thing
$

The best thing of all was that we had such a great day! Everyone liked everything, nothing to be returned, no fighting or arguing, etc. And we spent the entire day with DH's family---about 25 of us altogether.

Steph

I got loads of stuff I knew about and a few things I didn't :)

DH and Princess gave me:
Vera Bradley Mod Floral Pink stuff (tote bag, readers case, card keeper, Hannah bag, and a zip ID case - oh, and a couple other things they don't even know about :lmao: but are hidden in my closet).
Bose in-ear headphones (must keep these away from my little magpie cat - she loves to steal my stuff).
Gift cards to The Paper Store, Starbucks, and The Container Store (not sure where he got that last idea? I had said something about him possibly picking something up at TCS while he was out on Goon's Night Out - for Princess's teacher - but, I'm sure I can find *something* there I can't live without).
Makeup in my stocking (I ordered and gave to him for my stocking!).
Lots and lots of peanut butter candy - Dove PB filled, Lindt PB truffles, Ghirardelli PB squares), oh and mint M&Ms.
Shampoo and conditioner and other health and beauty aids.
Fun stuff from Bath & Body Works, including adorable lambie slippers.

My BIL gave me a $50 GC for ACM and a $50 GC for Dunkin Donuts - I see lots of Caramel Squirrel Lattes in my future.

My IL's gave me:
Destinations cartridge - had to swap out Sweet Treats when I heard it was having cutting issues. :lmao:
Paisley cartridge.
Tinkerbell flannel PJs.

I am a lucky, lucky girl ;)

Pam, tell us the long boring pickle story, I promise to read the whole thing!

Forgot to include in my gift haul - virtually every Cuttlebug embossing/cutting die Disney set available! We had three of these, but I scored the rest from a variety of places on super-mega-clearance deals and just socked them away during the past few months.

Ok - the pickle gift story - in two separate parts - they DO come together at the end!

First: each year, DH hides a glass pickle ornament somewhere on the tree on Christmas Eve. Most families who do this use "the person who finds the ornament on Christmas morning gets an extra present." Our tradition is that the pickle present is always a shared gift (last year, the Wii fit, the year before, the Wii, etc.), but that the finder gets to open the gift.

Second: one of our three kids' favorite stores in NYC to visit is Dylan's Candy Bar. This is on 3rd Ave. at 61st and is a three-story candy palace created and owned by Ralph Lauren's daughter, Dylan! (I think there is also a branch now in Orlando, too.) Think Willy Wonka, and you've got it!!! All sorts of candy - present day faves and blasts from the past, gorgeous and fun displays, etc. My kids all love the stairway that links the floor - the steps and landings are all totally clear with all sorts of candy embedded in each tread, cute sayings spelled out in candy on the landings - "May each step you take be sweet...", and the entire thing is lit from below. Stunning!

Finally: this year's pickle present - Z2H was this year's "finder" - was a huge box of three big breakfast trays (each has a deep lip around the edges and a white tray base - from IKEA); huge amounts of candy - two sizes of gummy alphabet letters, colorful licorice, m&ms, jelly beans, gum, razzles, airheads, good & plenty/mike & ikes, necco wafers, runts, and more; and two gallons of a clear resin to embed all the candies into the trays. The kids can make their versions of Dylan's steps on the trays! They think this is really cool! (I've read up online on the best techniques to use for embedding - there's a lot of helpful advice out there - apparently, this technique is used a lot for bar counters where glass stones, coins, baseball cards, etc, get encased within the bar top. Guess I don't go to the "right" bars!!! :rolleyes1 but the photos online are great!)

So - that's our pickle present tradition and story!

Fun stuff from Bath & Body Works, including adorable lambie slippers.

My BIL gave me a $50 GC for ACM and a $50 GC for Dunkin Donuts - I see lots of Caramel Squirrel Lattes in my future.

They are cute, aren't they? :teeth:

And... Squirrel? What!?!?! :squirrel:

Can I be adopted by you, Pam? You are such a cool mom! I love all the fun ideas you have. I may have to steal some of them ;)

Squirrel and swirl rhyme...I use them interchangeably, you know, like "love" and "gloves" and "you" and "shoes" (or sometimes Blu - our Dalmatian was named Blu - I replaced "All I want for Christmas is Blu" for "All I want for Christmas is you" in the Mariah Carey song. Oh, and "If it makes Blu happy, it can't be that bad" in the Sheryl Crow song). I'm a bit of a nut. :upsidedow

And... Squirrel? What!?!?! :squirrel:

Hey, I live in redneck country, and a squirrel latte might be interpreted a little differently......:rotfl:

PBF - I love the pickle present! Very cool idea.

MIL has a leg lamp nightlight from A Christmas Story, and each year we draw a name or play a game or something to decide who gets it.....winner loses and has to take it home for a year. You have to have it plugged in somewhere in your house that it can be seen when anyone comes over. We had it last year, so we can't "win" again this year.

Steph

MIL has a leg lamp nightlight from A Christmas Story, and each year we draw a name or play a game or something to decide who gets it.....winner loses and has to take it home for a year. You have to have it plugged in somewhere in your house that it can be seen when anyone comes over. We had it last year, so we can't "win" again this year.

Steph

This sounds SO fun! Those leg lights are a hoot!!!

Another fun/cheap tradition we have is to paper over the entrance to the living room (where the tree and gifts are) as DHs and my last task on Christmas Eve - after Santa visits. DH and I cut large pieces of paper off a wrapping paper roll and tape it onto the wood mouldings surrounding the doorway, covering the whole thing. The kids have to break through the paper to get into the room on Christmas morning - lots of laughs and fun each year! This year, DS tried a karate run/kick type of move - to his great delight! (This "wrapping over the doorway" also eliminates the peeking attempts before dawn on Christmas morning!)

I'm :cool1: this morning...I got my pajamas, a mandolin for my kitchen and THE DOONEY & BURKE DISNEY PURSE!!!!:banana::banana:

I have an amazing husband......:love:

You lucky girl - that purse is so cute!

Also, are you a Jeopardy! champion? I'm a Jeopardy! loser (sigh...was leading going into Final Jeopardy - and then...boo hoo!) from 1998. What's your story?

Pam

PAM you ROCK!!!!!! i have loved every day of your advent stories and i love love love the pickle story. we were in epcot and saw the glass pickles in there and read the whole pickle legend. i have always wanted to do it, but never have. and i love the paper in the doorway too!
i saw the candy store on the food network on day. she's awesome! i'd love to go to the city with you. sounds like you know your way around there.

I loved reading everyone's wonderful gift lists (if you knew about it ahead of time or not ;) ) Sounds like everyone had a great holiday.

I got a pineapple from my step kids (I still haven't figured out why) and that's it.

Enjoy the rest of 2009 and get ready for an AWESOME 2010!!!

Pam D popcorn::

PamD-
we leave a pineapple every year for Mrs. Claus because she's as important in this whole deal as well. (bubb'a words) so your step kids must think you are important too!:goodvibes

I got a pineapple from my step kids (I still haven't figured out why) and that's it.

Pam D popcorn::

I really like Holly's response! I was thinking...maybe they are thinking that you are "a little prickly, but very, very sweet!" like a pineapple? Pineapples are historically a gift of welcome, I think, so that is a nice symbolism, too!

My heart goes out to you guys trying so hard to integrate stepkids into your lives. It seems like such a tough road at times, and I hope these kids, in time, (but *today* would be good, darn it!) come to appreciate all your energy, gifts, patience, and love. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter