Your Top Five T.V. Shows of All-Time

1. Boardwalk Empire
2. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
3. Futurama
4. The Twilight Zone

Naming a 5th is difficult; there are plenty of shows I love right now, but only time will tell how great they will end up being.

Survivor
Friends
Grey's Anatomy
How to Get Away with Murder
Parks and Rec

Honorable Mentions:
Big Brother
The Amazing Race

I'm terrible at this sort of thing!! It's so hard to compare shows I watch now with shows I watched years ago, and their relative importance at the time. Do I judge based on technical merit, social relavence, or just my own enjoyment?

But, since it's just for fun, I'll play anyway (using a mix of those criteria):

Gilmore Girls
Star Trek (TNG)
The Middle
Downton Abbey
and The Brady Bunch...When I was a kid, I could give you the summary of episode from the opening shot.

1. Friends
2. The Walking Dead
3. LOST
4. Grey's Anatomy
5. 24

Honorable Mentions: Friday Night Lights, Mad About You, The Middle, Alias, Sex & the City, & The Office

My favorite reality shows: Dancing with the Stars & Top Chef

And I have to give a shout-out to my favorite shows from when I was a kid: CHiPs, Dukes of Hazard, & Scarecrow & Mrs. King

Oh, so tough
In no particular order:

1. West Wing
2. The Walking Dead
3. Sons of Anarchy
4. Parks & Rec
5. Firefly

If I were to go top 10
6. Amazing Race
7. Agents of SHIELD
8. Daredevil
9. DC's Legends of Tomorrow
10. The Goldbergs

I Love Lucy
Queer As Folk
Sex and the City
Ru Paul's Drag Race
Days of Our Lives
all the Walt Disney variations
Dynasty
Oz
Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman

Golden Girls
Greys Anatomy
Friends
Sex in the City
Everybody Loves Raymond

In no particular order.

Only five is hard. I realize that I watch much less TV now than I did when I was younger, ironically when there were far fewer choices. So all of my picks are older shows.

I Love Lucy
Seinfeld
MASH
St. Elsewhere
The Brady Bunch

With many runners up, including:
The Mary Tyler Moore Show
The Carol Burnett Show
WKRP in Cincinnati
The Odd Couple
ER
Hill Street Blues
LA Law
Thirtysomething
The Wonder Years
Parenthood

If I count daytime and game shows, there's General Hospital, Oprah Winfrey Show, Jeopardy and the original Family Feud with Richard Dawson.

I'll Start

1. Mad Men
2. Outlander
3. Downton Abbey
4. Designing Women
5. House of Cards

Hon. mentions
Frasier

Wow, this is a tough one. I'm going to have to stick with the 21st century, so as not to leave out great, older shows.

1. Fringe
2. River
3. Happy Valley
4. Jeopardy
5. Big Bang Theory

Honorable mentions: Last Man on Earth, Lost, Firefly, Call the Midwife and probably one or two of my very favorites that I'm not thinking of right now.

I Love Lucy
Queer As Folk
Sex and the City
Ru Paul's Drag Race
Days of Our Lives
all the Walt Disney variations
Dynasty
Oz
Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman

OMG, when I was a kid I absolutely HATED Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman. I should try to watch it again to see if I'd like it now.

I loved MH, MH during its original run 1976-1977 (I was mid-teens) and I still love it! I have the complete series box set DVDs.

The Wonder Years, number one by a mile...

Friends
The Walking Dead
The Gilmore Girls
The Dick Van Dyke Show

Impossible to answer - I've been watching TV for almost 1/2 a century and the "of all time" part is daunting. These were my favourites over the different seasons of my life:
  1. Childhood: The Waltons
  2. Teens: Dallas
  3. Young Adult: Thirtysomething
  4. SAHM: Six Feet Under
  5. Present: Game of Thrones

and The Brady Bunch...When I was a kid, I could give you the summary of episode from the opening shot.

Ha! Me too. There's only one episode I won't watch, Kelly's Kids. That one made even Cousin Oliver look like a good idea. Not positive, but I don't think that spinoff ever happened. (Good thing imho) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter