5) Disneyland Railroad

Great question, Thank You.

--Lori

1. Star Tours
2. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
3. Indiana Jones
4. Haunted Mansion
5. Space Mountain

4. Casey jr at night, just bizarre!!! reminds me of my dreams, making no sense at.all.....I mean why ride it at night? Why ride it during the day....don't ask me....never rode during the day.

With ride reviews like this, I want to pre-order a copy of your Disneyland guide book.

1. Star Tours
2. Indiana Jones
3. Pirates
4. Haunted Mansion
5. Big Thunder Mountain

There's been 26 responses so far - a good sampling of the DIS. I figure I'll add up the scores to see how they rate overall. So I took the ratings, assigned 5 pts for #1, 4 pts for #2....1 pt for #5. If there was no order, they all got 3 points each. And here's how it all came out.

#1 - Pirates: 67 points (6 first place votes is #1 in that category)
#2 - Big Thunder: 54 points (leads second place votes with 7)
#3 - Haunted Mansion: 49 votes (this one shocked me the most - got a bunch of vampires on this board)
#4 - Space Mt: 38 points (the ride with the longest line places 4th???)
#5 - *3 way tie with 36 points* Splash Mt (4 first place votes which is #2), Star Tours (most 3rd place votes with 7), and Indy

Nothing else cracked 20 points. Only Peter Pan (14 pts) and the Tea Party (10 pts) cracked double digits. I sorta knew that Pirates would win - it's the quintessential Disney ride, and the movies have helped bolster it's top spot. Surprised that Big Thunder came in #2 - figured it would be #4 or #5 or off the list. Definitely didn't see Haunted Mansion hitting #3. And the rides that often hit 1 hour wait times (Space and Splash) don't crack the top 3. Interesting results.

since the nation is talking about events that are not all its cracked up to be....... I will give an observation to your great post and time.... an observation about the #2 choice made by folks............that as a 60 year old man BTMRR is a harmless rollercoaster. I don't ride space, goofy or screamin or that tall building in the far corner. Matterhorn once, then I am reminded again why only once. but I can handle BTMRR without any body consequence, I like the waiting in line and the overlooked fireworks version. It has a lot to offer, but I am not sad if it is closed.

as for the Haunted Mansion.....it is not open all year round....so that would support the popularity

since the nation is talking about events that are not all its cracked up to be....... I will give an observation to your great post and time.... an observation about the #2 choice made by folks............that as a 60 year old man BTMRR is a harmless rollercoaster. I don't ride space, goofy or screamin or that tall building in the far corner. Matterhorn once, then I am reminded again why only once. but I can handle BTMRR without any body consequence, I like the waiting in line and the overlooked fireworks version. It has a lot to offer, but I am not sad if it is closed.

as for the Haunted Mansion.....it is not open all year round....so that would support the popularity

I liked your post in all sorts of ways....wink wink. But you're right - Big Thunder is a low impact coaster that's still fun and has a great theme. Honestly, it's the first ride we hit everytime we go to DLP. It's a really fun ride that "eases" us into the rides for the rest of the day.

Top 5 for me:
1.) Star Tours
2.) Indiana Jones
3.) Splash Mountain
4.) Big Thunder Mountain
5.) Pirates of the Caribean

I'll give an honorable mention to Buzz Light year astro blasters!

1) Pirates
2) Space Mountain - original (Pirates has a slight edge because it's so much longer, but I LOVE this ride)
3) Splash Mountain - it's not the drop for me; it's the characters and the music
4) Peter Pan - that moment when I'm flying over the city is so quintessentially Disney and it puts the biggest smile on my face. Very emotional.
5) This is difficult. Either Haunted Mansion (original) or Buzz Lightyear. I love riding Buzz over and over with my husband and son. The three of us have only been to DL together four times, I think. They've both made galactic hero, but I've only ever made it to level 6! I'm going in October and I'm headed for level 7! :)

Missed this on the first time around! So....

1-Storybook Canal
2-Big Thunder Mtn RR
3-Small World
4-Would Main Street Transportation count?
5-Space Mountain (but none of the reincarnations)

1. Splash Mtn. My weird thing is I have always wanted to get out in the sunny grass area with the animals and just hang out and wave to people as they go by. Lol
2. Big Thunder
3. Indy
4. Pirates
5. Train

Space mountain is cool but being 6'4" I always have problems fitting my legs in

This is not in any particular order...
1) Space Mountain
2) Mr Toad's Wild Ride
3) Autopia (we are WDW vets and DL's version is MUCH better then WDW's version)
4) Pirates of the Carribean
5) Indiana

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter