Your Top 5 - Rides at Disneyland

GatorChris

Not of This World
Here's the third of my Top 5 threads.

This one's an easy one (or is it?)....What's your Top 5 rides at Disneyland Park?

Here's mine:

1. Splash Mountain - the perfect combination of thrill, story, and family fun. I love the movie Song of the South (yes, I own a copy, though it's hardly HD). The music from the film is fit perfectly into this ride. And the drop is the most iconic ride pic of all time!

2. Star Tours - as a Star Wars junkie, this new "random" 3D ride is a great attraction

3. Pirates of the Caribbean - With a relaxing start, a few thrilling drops, and the story of the ages, how can this not be on anyone's list. So good that movies were born from the ride - it's usually the other way around.

4. Space Mountain - when you say Space Mountain, everyone knows what you're talking about. And the Hyperspace Mt version was even more fun!

5. Big Thunder Mt - I almost put Alice in Wonderland here because it's the best dark ride there is...but Big Thunder has great theme, pretty good thrills, good music, and the best picture backdrop.

These are mine....what's yours?

1. Space Mountain (the Classic - not as big a fan of the overlays)
2. Splash Mountain (the first time my DD, who was no quite five at the time, rode it, the look on her face in the ride picture is hysterical - sheer, abject terror. By the time that visit was over, it was her favorite ride).
3. Indy
4. Haunted Mansion
5. Big Thunder

1. Pirates of the Caribbean
2. Haunted Mansion
3. Star Tours
4. Mad Tea Party
5. Mr Toad's Wild Ride

1. Splash Mtn.
2. Big Thunder Mtn.
3. Pirates (A big pro for this one is that it is long, cool, and everyone in the family can go on it, so it is the perfect break when we want to sit for awhile and not split up the older and younger kids.)
4. Indy
5. Space Mtn.

1. Big Thunder Mtn.
2. Pirates
3. Haunted Mansion (not the Jack Skeleton version)
4. Jungle Cruise
5. America Sings... oh wait...

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Pirates of the Caribbean
Star Tours
Indy
Splash Mountain

I love good theming with a little bit of thrill thrown in for fun.

In no particular order...

Star Tours
Pirates
Mr. Toads
Jungle Cruise
...and my all time favorite (gone but not forgotten) Mine Train Through Nature’s Wonderland

1. Peter Pan, captures all that is fantasy in the creation of the mechanics of a Disneyland attraction, flying, dipping, being scale to the attraction, color, black-light, vintage and difficult to find a seat.

2. splash mt, as a 60 year old man, that dip is about as far as i will push the envelope, and the very top, floating so peacefully, an out of park experience, and the morning ease to board, over and over and over....kind of like cheating the system

3. NBC, the color is just outrageous and invites me to participate in the theme. Not a fan of the movie, but like it as an overlay

4. Casey jr at night, just bizarre!!! reminds me of my dreams, making no sense at.all.....I mean why ride it at night? Why ride it during the day....don't ask me....never rode during the day.

5. the train, all that is left of the child of me, using the last ticket in the alphabet book to stretch time, round and round......rounding out to an old man, who snuggles into the corner, to rest, watch the rest of the world....round and round.

1. Mad Tea Party - my "yes I'm at Disneyland" ride
  2. BTMRR - a family favourite, never an arguement when someone suggests we go on that ride
  3. Haunted Mansion - classic Disney, also the ride our kids love to hate. But it has earned them a pair of ears or two (plus secretly they like it)
  4. Toss up between Peter Pan or Alice for dark rides
  5. Space Mountain but have only done the Ghost Galaxy version, would love to have tried regular or Hyerspace

Space MTN
Big thunder railroad
California screamer
Indiana
Guardians

1. Pirates
2. BTMRR
3. Haunted Mansion
4. The Railroad
5. Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters, but only because it's my son's absolute favorite and we end up riding it 3-5 times every day we are in the park. I've grown to love it too.

1. Indiana Jones
2. Space Mountain
3. Star Tours
4. Pirates
5. Haunted Mansion

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter