Young At Heart: The #BirthdayFestivus13 Adventure!!! 5 UPDATES, 1/8!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our first stop was - duh - my house.

When we got there, it turns out there was was a service elevator still in operation, waiting for us. WHAT A COINCIDENCE.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I'm still catching up! (This is where I'm up to) You're too funny I love it.

Please go on more WDW trips so I can enjoy more of your TRs. Don't be selfish, do it for me! :goodvibes

Hi Lia :)

Hoping everything's ok & that it's just lack of time that's keeping you away from here.

Missing your wonderful updates!

Very best wishes,

Siân.xx

Just checking in...hope everything is ok. Hope you and your family have a wonderful Holiday!

HAL-OH! Haven't seen you guys in awhile.

Happy Holidays, everyone!

minnie-mickey-mouse-disney-world-christmas-parade-M.jpg

Sorry about the lapse in updates but a lot has been going on and also I just didn't feel like doing it. Also I have to say a thank you to the people who have contacted me all over the internet asking if I am okay. Apparently when I don't post things this causes alarm. I'M FINE GUYS! Don't worry. Nice to know people care and all, though.

However... I did suffer an extremely difficult loss: I had to cancel my Christmas trip! It was horrible and because of something totally out of my control. It's a shame really, and totally unfair. I really don't want to talk about it. But hey, sometimes you have your best intentions out there and something you don't deserve happens to you anyway. The fact is... I was in Disney a LOT this year, more than 95% of the world will go in their entire lifetime. Plus I already had an 11 day Christmas trip 2 years ago. So I would be a pretty big brat to complain about it. Plus, I'm not going to spend the rest of the holidays moping around saying "I'd rather be in Disney" even though I would, IN FACT, rather be in Disney.

Sigh.

It blows, but I have a feeling I will be in Disney *quite* a lot in 2014. Even more than in 2013, if you can believe it.

I've also been sick in bed the last two days and haven't been able to see Saving Mr Banks. UGH! My luck is not going well this month. I just need to see my boyfriend Tom Hanks play Walt, okay?!?! I have loved him forever and saw him on Broadway this summer which only amped up my Hanx love times a million. I am just going to die seeing him play Walt. JUST DIE.

tumblr_mxlry4JSVZ1rcziygo1_r1_500.gif

My illness did save me from having to deal with working in the mall the weekend before Christmas though. I am working on Christmas Eve though OH THE JOY. Can someone please come pick me up? Let's run away to Disney together! I will provide gas money, jokes, cheese doodles, and mix cds. ROAD TRIP!!

Sigh. Oh... I did see Frozen! Obviously loved it. The thing I adore most about the film are the CHARACTERS. I think they are written so well and I absolutely love them. I am SO happy I got to meet Anna and Elsa in Disney last month, omg. I do have some gripes about the movie (i'll get to that in a second) but I love the characters so much that I completely overlook the flaws of the film because of them. The entire movie is so beautiful and the themes of doing anything to protect those you love no matter how much you have to lose are so powerful. Anna and Elsa are such amazing tough, smart, brave, selfless role models for young girls and I am so happy they are out there in the world.

Of course I have criticisms too. I don't agree that it's Disney's best film since the 90's (Um, that would be a little movie called TANGLED) and I think outside of Elsa's unbelievably spectacular music, the soundtrack is lacking.

tumblr_muq3n26Aia1qhdexto3_500.gif

"Let It Go" however, is Beauty and the Beast ballroom scene level of iconic and those lyrics can pertain to so many different life situations, they are so relevant. I think that's one of Disney's greatest strengths -- making us relate to characters who have some crazy power or are animals or toys, whatever the case may be.

I'm not really crazy about the trolls because they completely don't go with anything. Like, if these magic trolls live right down the hill why is everyone flipping out over Elsa's powers? I thought the trolls were only known by royalty but then Kristoff ended up being ADOPTED by them? Why? Where are his parents... what... is this plotline. I also think it should have been a little longer, even just 10 minutes. I know they have to keep it short for the kids but this one could have been beefed up a bit the way Tangled is. Anna & Kristoff needed a song (would have MUCH preferred that to the troll song) and I think Kristoff should have had his own song as well. Why would you hire Jon Groff (broadway star) and then have him hardly sing at all? Oh and I also have to say I thought Kristen Bell did such a great job with Anna. I've been a fan of hers since Veronica Mars and I'm so happy that a lot of people know how great of a singer she is now. It is not easy to stand up to Idina Menzel but she did a great job! Anyway, like I said, I adore this movie despite my nitpicks about it because I think there is so much more in it to value than to not. Disney has definitely done it again and I am SO excited about Moana (google it if you haven't heard yet), bring on the next princess! WOO

SO Of course after seeing it, I immediately started doing my hair and make-up like Elsa. I am like a little girl. I used to the same thing when I was a child with the older princesses and here I am at 23 going to work in Elsa's makeup, with the side braid and the snowflakes in my hair. I'm... pretty embarrassing. And by embarrassing, I mean awesome! So this is what I look like

1453423_489600171155744_514235472_n.jpg

Not right now though. Right now I look like something that crawled out of hell due to my horrid cold (though I still have the braid in my hair. I am obsessed). I am better than I was yesterday though, so I guess that's a good sign. Anyway, almost no one realizes that I'm Elsa because everyone is lame. However, on the first day I did this, a girl about 13 came up to my register to buy something and looked at me like this: O_O and said cautiously, "Are you... ELSA?" and I was like mmmm yeah girl! And then we bonded over our mutual Frozen love. YAY FROZEN! I really would like to be Elsa for Halloween next year, but her costume is just too difficult to make. I really can't imagine figuring that one out. We'll see what happens!

Anyway, enough of my rambling. There are a couple of updates coming. I mean... I've been in bed for two days, so what else am I gonna do you know? I hope everyone's holiday season is going WAY better than mine and that you all have a magical Christmas! Or if you don't celebrate it, just have a good week! WOO!

Merry-Christmas-from-the-Disney-Princess-disney-princess-9546786-1024-768.jpg

MAY 24, 2013
Day 12, Part 1 In Which We Have The Freshest Glittery Purple Car EVER​

@babybritney: Today is gonna be insane. God speed MK cast members.

Yes, it was the day of #Disney24 in which the Magic Kingdom would be open from 6:00 AM to 6:00 AM, 24 hours straight. I was SO excited to be taking part! The trip originally wasn't supposed to be as long as it ended up being, but once I found out that #Disney24 was officially happening... I HAD to extend it.

Our plan was to get up bright and early, hit the parks, and then come back and take a crash course in napping before going to #Disney24 and staying up all night for Monstrous Summer.

I just wasn't really interested in doing a full 24 hours in MK. I've stayed up for 24 hours straight before and it doesn't make you feel so hot. I didn't want to get that point of being overtired and not having fun. However, the idea of spending all night there DEFINITELY appealed to me. I loved when EMH would stretch to 3am, and having it go til 6am was going to be a BLAST. I could not wait!!

Jess got up before Gina & I because she was heading to Universal with Mark before he left.

Gina & I headed over to Epcot intending to be there in time for opening but we arrived a bit late. Oh well, we weren't really in a big rush anyway.

It had been ages since I drove to Epcot, so it was interesting entering from here!

10919724056_882307288a_z.jpg

10919800374_05bb53b860_z.jpg

10920032173_83263ef27a_z.jpg

Yeah... I wore that outfit yet again! Day 12 guys, day 12. Let's not talk about it.

10919722876_782effe757_z.jpg

We did the typical morning at Epcot shindig, going over to The Land to get Soarin' fastpasses and then over to Test Track.

EMOTION!!!

10919955383_3997c1491e_z.jpg

Here is our perfect creation.

10919721636_cd12935567_z.jpg

Our ride photo turned out hilarious. We always joke that it should be on the cover of the Epcot guidemap because we look like we're having SUCH fun. Same with the people behind us.

10920087303_b56606bf96_z.jpg

hahahahahaha. I promise, I like Test Track more than that.

Next we headed to Mission: Sinise, which I was much more excited for! This ride never gets old. No matter how many times you do it, you get the same INSANE sensation every single time.

Gina experiences motion sickness on some rides, which sucks because if it wasn't for that she would be totally down for anything.

She wanted to ride the Orange (more intense/flawless experience) side, but we didn't want to risk her getting sick because that could ruin the whole day for her. So we decided to play it safe and she went on the Green side. I stuck with Orange because I just love it so much.

Guess what? It turned out that this was the right way to go because GINA GOT NAUSEOUS FROM RIDING THE GREEN SIDE! Imagine if she had been on the Orange team with me. Now that would have been bad.

I posted a Mission: Sinise vine: vine.co/v/bVqplWuMhveAl

As for my ride experience, I'm notorious for riding with people who are foreign, hilarious, or both. This time was no exception! I was placed with an adorable European (not sure which country) dad who was thrilled to be on the ride with his two kids, a boy and a girl. They got super into the ride experience and played their roles which is always fun. He told me they come once a year and never miss this ride, it's one of their favorites and they talk about it all the time at home. However, his wife doesn't like it and so she shops for the kid's Christmas presents in Mouse Gear while the family rides. He whispered that part to me. HOW CUTE.

@babybritney: Does anyone else ever wake up in a cold sweat hearing Gary Sinise say "don't move a muscle" or is that only me

Our next stop was Club Cool for a refreshing break from the heat.

10919664465_f47195ca81_z.jpg

You know, I didn't expect to be so hot in Future World since so much of it is being in air conditioned buildings... but it was SO HOT this day. Really only the 2nd out of 14 days during #BirthdayFestivus13 where the heat got to me (the first was when Jess and I went to MK, but decided to leave pretty quickly in favor of shopping at Cast Connection).

10919664225_05b50971e6_z.jpg

I caught some kids trying Beverly and decided to Vine them!

Kids trying Beverly https://t.co/Tf8SR3vdbW

HAHAHA. I'm so glad I captured that.

After that we headed to The Seas with Nemo and Friends!

10919798004_8d847dda0b_z.jpg

This is always one of my top favorites so I was very excited to introduce it to Gina.

10919720416_979d5b4163_z.jpg

We walked up to the building and much to my chagrin I saw A LINE.

I was shocked. I have literally never seen a line at The Seas. You always walk right in, through the awesome sandy part of the queue, through the endless water part of the queue, and MAYBE right before the ride starts, you wait for like a minute before boarding your clamshell.

Nope. The line was all the way back through the sandy part, almost at the door.

CRAZY. I thought by not being at the Magic Kingdom, we would be avoiding crowds. I thought everyone would be over there because of the event. I guess I was wrong! I've never seen a more crowded and hot Epcot. It definitely wasn't my favorite morning of the trip.

The line was moving though, and took less than 10 minutes. But still, it was weird.

The ride itself was perfect as usual and made me cry as usual. IN THE BIG BLUUUUEEWOOOORLLLLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

An interesting thing about the end of this particular ride experience was that you couldn't hear the pink starfish (her name escapes me at the moment) talking. I explained to Gina what she usually says but somehow I doubt it had the same effect!

After getting off the ride, we used the bathroom and then got lucky with a Turtle Talk With Crush show was starting in 10 minutes! So we headed in because I knew Gina had to see this. In my opinion this is a must do for anyone visiting Epcot for the first time. It amazes me no matter how much I see it!

While waiting, I played the Mr. Ray's quiz. Usually this is something I would just kind of dismiss but I wanted to try a lot of new stuff this trip and it was mildly fun!

10919661125_f6ce3f186b_z.jpg

Hmm... I suspect jungle gyms is not the answer. Yeah... better go with nursing homes.

I had a certificate e-mailed to me for completing and passing the quiz. Because why the heck not!

Gina loved both the ride and show so much, which I obviously knew she would.

After this we took a look at the tanks. I honestly don't enjoy this the way I used to because Our Frogfish Friend Paul is no longer with us. ]: It really does make me sad.

We saw the other frogfish Ringo....

10919717106_c0b28f3464_z.jpg

But it isn't the same. :'(

The other sea life is beautiful... but no one compares to my beloved Paul!

Speaking of Paul and Ringo, did you guys know Ringo Starr uses tons of Emojis when he tweets? Seriously, go check out his Twitter account. It amuses me every single time he tweets. Peace and love!!!

Then we saw an eel with an interesting colored patch on his fin.

10919660935_98c44f3fb6_z.jpg

Thought that was kinda cool. Not Our Frogfish Friend level of cool, but you know, enough that I took a picture.

10919716786_a7f246d0e9_z.jpg

10919949363_ddc341bcf0_z.jpg

Ocean life vines: https://t.co/vV3LEyYaCe & https://t.co/23a8eSZ4NI

After this we went over to Soarin' because we were way into our Fastpass window. Another ride that never gets old for me, unfortunately Gina experienced a bit of motion sickness.

She headed to the bathroom and I checked out the Sunshine Seasons menu because I couldn't figure out what I wanted to eat. I honestly wasn't feeling too well myself - the heat was really getting to me and I was tired.

As good as Sunshine Seasons is... I'm such a World Showcase girl when it comes to eating. I just can't eat in Future World with all those delicious restaurants & boys waiting for me across the lagoon!

So I told Gina that and she agreed. We walked over there but couldn't decide whether to eat at Tutto Gusto or Les Halles again. I wanted to eat at both equally and I also wanted to eat at La Cantina. TOO MUCH GOOD FOOD.

Once arriving in Mexico, I noticed that Donald's line had almost no people in it! Omg! I was shocked, especially because the park was so crowded. The Seas of all things had an epic line but not Cabellero Donald? Hmm.

We literally waited less than 5 minutes and were the last two people to meet Donald before his break.

10919741145_0f275a86cd_z.jpg

I told him a lie - that he was better than Mickey Mouse. Sorry Donald, I love you, but Mickey is my #1!

Donald was annoyed with Gina because she was wearing a Mickey Mouse pin. Poor Donald just can't catch a break... everybody loves Mickey.

Our M&G was quite rushed because they really wanted to get him inside. I understood, it was SO HOT... I couldn't even imagine how hot Donald was with all those feathers. I was still happy with the experience though because I had never met Donald in his Cabellero costume. Another first crossed off the list!

Unfortunately, we had a little incident. So the Character Attendant, PhotoPass Photographer, and Donald rushed away right after pictures were taken of us. I realized that the PPP had not handed me back my PhotoPass card! Omg... that card had almost 2 weeks of photos on it! NO NO NO.

So I called out to them as they kept walking away, almost backstage, and finally on the THIRD time, they answered. I said, "You forgot to give me my PhotoPass card back!" The PPP rushed over, handed me a card, and left.

Whew. That was a close one.

OR SO WE THOUGHT.

It turns out that he handed me back the WRONG PhotoPass card. When I got home and discovered this, I was SO upset. Luckily, Disney has spreadsheets full of back-up plans for this kind of incident because they're Disney and that's what they do. So they were able to recover all of my photos after I filled out a form on the PhotoPass website. Thank God!

Just a few tips to avoid this problem - make your PhotoPass card look unique. For instance, you can write your name on it with a sharpie, or put a sticker on it. Also make sure you take a picture of the back of the card.

After meeting that lovely cabellero, we watched the band for a few minutes, but oh my GOD was it hot.

10919796054_81fe42611b_z.jpg

I seriously could barely stand it. When you're super hot in Epcot, it's really not wise to head over to World Showcase, but hey... we wanted international foods!

Gina had decided her lunch of choice would be from Les Halles.

However, I had loved my taco from the Mexico F&G booth the other day, and was really craving another. Too bad the F&G Festival was over!

I decided I would get one of the meals from La Cantina in its place. I was DYING for soft tacos and I've heard such good things about the ones here, plus I know the chips are amazing, so that's what I went with.

I loved the tiles inside here on the wall.

10919663145_7b97a4de8a_z.jpg

I couldn't decide between the chicken or beef tacos, since I've heard raves about both. I asked the cute Mexican CM who was taking my order which one he preferred and he said without even thinking about it for a second, "BEEF!" I mentioned that his response was very enthusiastic and he said that the chicken ones were good too but the beef was the best. Beef it is!!

10919952213_41c3c441c8_z.jpg

Omg, I loved these. They were definitely on par with my local taco place that I can't get enough of, and NO ONE can usually compare to them. I was very happy with my choice! YUM.

Even though my meal was delicious, eating didn't really help me feel better, unfortunately. I wasn't gonna let that stop our World Showcase adventure though! We ducked into Karamel Kuche because I needed air conditioning and some solid German hottie interaction.

10919661495_b67fb7c213_z.jpg

The result? ALL GIRLS IN THERE! Ugh! I just could not win in my time of need. Truly devastating omg.

We walked on through the German shops and I found this map.

10919961533_85c330415a_z.jpg

Ahh! I want to go to Europe so bad. I don't know where they give these out or anything, but I was happy to find it.

There was a super hot guy in the German shop with the crystal figurines, but I was feeling so icky at this point... I didn't even flirt.

IT WAS AWFUL.

Sigh. Stupid heat. I know, Florida, it's your thing. You're hot. I've made my peace with that but when you interfere with my flirting GET READY FOR MY WRATH!!

10919960733_f65a04b43b_z.jpg

Our next stop was Italy.

10919960143_78c7db1186_z.jpg

I wanted to get some Italian chocolates to bring home, but it was so sweltering out, I knew they would melt. ANOTHER DEVASTATING MOMENT.

We continued on and cooled off in Japan.

10919669475_9be4160943_z.jpg

MAY 24, 2013
Day 12, Part 2 In Which We're Too Hot and Too Late​

Mitsukoshi always has interesting merchandise to look at.

10919668725_7aa5cef7c4_z.jpg

All these months later and I still think that phone case is completely hilarious.

@babybritney: Japan kawaii vine https://t.co/XB91Dnjkg2

Not sure why you would want to drink from a bottle that has something that could choke you at the bottom of it, but what do I know?

10919958753_bdb7b89f97_z.jpg

10919667785_87a00ac25c_z.jpg

10919667535_38c2118ee6_z.jpg

10919957883_4a9693e26d_z.jpg

10919947853_e7705d61ef_z.jpg

From there we hoofed it on over to Les Halles.

10919713966_f48455f250_z.jpg

Pretty France.

10919656905_76b1538ec1_z.jpg

I feel like I felt better in the bakery for a little while because the memory just feels lighter when I think back on it. Also, baked goods and cute boys just make life great no matter the situation.

Gina got a quiche and a chocolate croissant. She loved both and talks about Les Halles all the time.

10919711986_8575b1bc8e_z.jpg

I chose the chocolate mousse.

10919789864_75fa144307_z.jpg

OMG.

10919789614_11908cbec3.jpg

This was SO great! I would really like one now. I loved the different layers and the vanilla with chocolate crunchies on top. Disney seems fond of putting those crunchies on top of everything these days and I am not mad. This whole thing was lighter than air and so delicious. I highly recommend it!

Outside, we caught this weird French performance.

10919944723_ceac3a5d68_z.jpg

At first it was just these two guys acting really silly, and on a normal day I probably would have enjoyed that. But at that time, feeling how I did, I really just wanted to do something that did not involve the sun beating on my head. Gina seemed pretty into it though, so instead of protesting I just went to stand in the shade which was much lovelier.

Eventually they started stacking chairs up to the sky and I realized one of the dudes was going to climb them. That part was pretty magnificent and worth sticking around for, but oh my God, was I hot. I know I sound like a broken record but I really felt sick.

10919788484_234230dfe4_z.jpg

Makin' me nervous dude.

10919943913_b9e67b1800_z.jpg

Whoa.

Our plan was to go to Animal Kingdom after this and I could not fathom how I was going to do that. I felt bad b/c Gina had hardly gotten any time at AK and I really didn't think she got the best AK experience. I hadn't spent that much time there this trip, either. But AK in the sweltering heat is like a death wish. I'm used to being there when it's cool out - I even wore my leather jacket there once and was still cold! I really couldn't imagine going to AK when it was this hot and already I felt like I was going to pass out. I was really hoping I would feel better soon.

We walked on after the show ended and in the UK, Mary Poppins was out greeting. We just stood and watched her for a bit cause she was really adorable and having such cute M&Gs with kids... Gina seemed to really enjoy it and had it not been the end of her set, we probably would have jumped in line. Luckily there is a water fountain right next to her greeting area so I just drank from it endlessly like I was about to go on a 2 week journey through the Sahara.

The last thing I really wanted to do in Epcot was to go to the Private Visa cardholder's M&G which is located in Innoventions. I got the Disney Debit card back in December and was really excited about this! So we headed back to Future World.

10919709736_3c1b547727_z.jpg

Another stop in Club Cool was MUCH needed.

THERE WAS A DOG INSIDE!

10919701826_1c4987cd76_z.jpg

Awwwwwwdlkjasl;dkjflds.

I know I've talked about how I think dogs are the best thing in the world before. I am obsessed with them.

10920376025_6c0df2ba25_z.jpg

This dog was just so beautiful and happy, I have to admit I was emotional when I saw her.

At this point I honestly just felt like I could not go on. I had no interest in even BEING in the parks anymore, I felt so sick. All of this made me really upset. I was so mad that it was my last park day and I couldn't even enjoy it. I was also feeling guilty because Gina had such little time in the parks and I didn't want to cut that down even shorter. So seeing that dog REALLY cheered me up... it's the little things.

Gina said that we could just go back to the room if I wanted. WHEW, yes.

I felt really bad but I didn't know how I could possibly go to Animal Kingdom in my state. I have to be careful because of my fair features. People think that those with light skin like mine just automatically burn, but that's really not the case with me. It would take me sitting out in the sun for a long time without wearing sunscreen to really burn. Instead what happens to me is I get sick. It's rare this actually occurs, I can be at the beach all day here in Jersey and it doesn't happen. However, on rare occasions when the sun is just really strong, I get sick to my stomach and really tired suddenly. That's when I know I need to not be in the sun anymore, and that's what was happening.

Luckily, Gina was understanding and didn't want me to get sicker. Plus, she said the heat was getting to her too. We both agreed the best thing to do was to quickly go to the Visa M&G, and then head back to the room and rest up until #Disney24.

We drank a bunch of soda, which I was hoping would give me a little boost (sugar usually does), but it didn't. :|

We headed into Innoventions for the M&G but then realized we were on the wrong side. I almost never go in there, so I didn't really know my way around. After asking a CM, it turns out we were in Innoventions East, and needed to be in West. I was feeling so crappy at this point but I was NOT giving up on my M&G which I had been all excited for since the previous December... so we trotted back out across the way and into Innoventions West, where we discovered a HUGE line for the M&G. Ahh.

I thought it would be a smaller line because it's for cardholders only. Apparently, there are a lot of cardholders.

Even in the air conditioning, I knew I couldn't stand on line that long and it was for characters we had already met, too. So we were both just like nope.

We headed to the parking lot.

10919701396_f1481e9d02_z.jpg

Longest walk of my life. I don't think I have ever left a park like that before, but I just couldn't do it anymore. STUPID HEAT. I don't know how people do Disney in the summer. I love it more than anything but when my body says no, it says no, and the fun gets sucked out of everything.

Gina got some water bottles from her trunk and I drank a ton. We got lost on the way back to Movies. Oh well... it all worked out and we got back to the resort in one piece.

I do not remember a THING that happened until like 7:30 that night.

Actually, I don't remember what time it was when I got up. Or when I went to sleep. I just know I passed out on a bed and didn't wake up until hours later when my mom called.

I barely even knew what was going on. Jess was nowhere to be found and Gina was awake in the other bed and was just like, "Hi." and I was just like... "where am I and what is going on?" (internally) for a minute. Then everything came flooding back to me... it was weird. Feeling sick that day really just caused me to shut off.

I talked to Jess, who said she was at her apartment. She had gotten back to the room after going to Universal and Downtown Disney with Mark, and found me in her bed passed out and the room pitch dark.

Ahh, oops. I felt bad for being inconsiderate but I was like 90% dead by the time we got back to the room so I think I just fell over. Like I said, I don't even remember it. Honestly, like my brain wasn't even working. We had been texting all day though so she knew I was feeling sick and was glad I had gotten some rest. She said it was all fine and she didn't mind, she just went back to Patterson so she wouldn't wake us up.

The plan was that she would meet us at MK around the time for Wishes, unless she got to back Movies while we were still there (she wanted to drop off her stuff there first before coming to MK).

First of all let me just say that this night went by SO FAST. If you are ever wanting to do a #Disney24 event and think that you won't make it or something... don't worry. The time just speeds by!

Gina and I went down to the bus stop around 8:50, leaving over an hour to get to the Magic Kingdom in time for Wishes at 10 o'clock.

Of course... we didn't get there in time. Things don't always go the way you planned, but they can still be awesome. So hang in there, because IT'S ABOUT TO CRAZY UP IN HERRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UP NEXT IS #DISNEY24!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEAH FOR TWO UPDATES!! Sorry about you being sick both now and in your update! Glad to hear from you again though. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas, and I can't wait till the next update!

Sorry you've been unwell Lia - Hope you'll be feeling much better soon. Also sorry that you had to miss out on your Christmas Disney trip, but it's good that you have lots of Disney adventures planned for 2014 :)

It is a bummer having to work on Christmas Eve - My sister works in theatre & has to work Christmas Eve & Boxing Day so it always cuts back our family time over Christmas :(

Really enjoyed reading the latest updates! :thumbsup2

That Test Track photo is a classic! :laughing:

I totally agree re: the heat - I was at Animal Kingdom with my family that morning & it was soooooooooo hot! We only lasted until just after lunch then crawled back to the Beach Club to cool off in the pool!

Take care.

Best wishes,

Siân.xx

Lia, I am SO VERY GLAD you're back and posting. I was a little worried there. When I heard from Jess that you had to cancel your trip, it was pretty sad to hear, but I didn't ask any more than that. And yes, that was indeed me with the Captain EO button, and it is so nice of her to pass it along. Ever since you posted WAYYYYYYY back in Stuck in Disney about the lack of EO merch, I'd been carrying that button around on 2 trips on the off chance that I ran into Jess so she could send it to you to pass along. I just thought a serious EO fan deserved that button. And what are DIS pals for if not to make each other happy? Plus it was a nice little side adventure. :)

Yeah right with you on Tom as Walt. Will... die. But it'll be worth it.

I haven't seen Frozen (yet), but I heard "Let it go" for the first time on the castle projection show and I absolutely got chills. Just an amazing piece of music.

Wow, you ARE Elsa.

Say no more. After a lengthy stay I also tend to "reuse" some clothing. Normally not an issue, but with trip report pictures it becomes pretty obvious, lol.

Haha, the name you are looking for is "Peach" and I would be crushed if I couldn't hear her as it's my favorite part of the Seas ride.

That's the best advice for the PP card. Always take a photo of the number!

That makes me so sad that you felt so ill on your last day. The heat gets me like that too. AK would have been AT LEAST 10 degrees hotter, so good call on passing.

YAY #Disney24. I love everything about your reports obviously, but I have been particularly excited for this update. :hyper:

Oh dear girl, I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well and that you had to cancel your Christmas trip. I hope you're able to rest and enjoy Christmas with your family. At least we can all watch the parade and pretend we're there!

I feel your pain in regard to the heat. I simply can't handle it. That's why I live in Buffalo and my entire family lives in Texas! It's also why I go to Disney in February, even though I would kill to be there during Star Wars weekends. I would never survive!

Can't wait to hear about your overnight adventure, which is something else I wouldn't be able to handle. I'm a morning person in general and with the MS I just get too tired to stay up that late. But I'm very much looking forward to living it vicariously through you!

Take care of yourself :goodvibes And look at all the people who care about you!! Hopefully that makes you smile.

So very happy you are back,your trip reports bring a smile to my face, even on my worst days.Thank you for that! Hope you're feeling better in time for Christmas.Can't wait to read more!!

Aww Lia it's so great to have you back, I've been missing your updates but understand you must have 1000001 other things to do as well!

I'm so sorry to hear you had to cancel your trip - there is nothing worse than that feeling - but just think how much *more* you will appreciate your 2014 trips as a result! I hope you start to feel better soon and that you have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year! xx

I'm so glad to see you back to posting!! I hope you are starting to feel better. I will also be working on Christmas Eve. :( Unfortunately, kids just don't stop getting sick because it's a holiday! lol

I love Caballero Donald!! It kind of stinks that you can't find Donald in his traditional outfit anywhere anymore, but I do think the poncho and sombrero is a good look for him. :thumbsup2

I totally feel you on the heat sickness. When I went at the end of July/early August while pregnant (seriously, what was I thinking?!) I had some moments where I honestly felt like I was just going to fall down and die. And we were only in the parks for 2 days in that heat! I don't know how people do week long trips in the summer!! Hopefully I never have to find out, either.

Looking forward to your Disney 24 updates!!!

Hi Lia,

Sorry about your Christmas trip, but I am sure you will more than make up for it in 2014.:thumbsup2

We have been so busy that we missed most of your short TR hiatus, but just like you we are back! After getting all caught back up, it is easy to see why everyone missed you so much. Your TR updates are as awesome as ever and are some of the best WDW fixes to be found outside of the World!

Can't wait to hear the rest of your Disney24 adventure. We had such a great time sitting at home like the uber WDW geeks that are, watching the live steam to catch you and Gina “living it up” at the party. My wife even captured some of that wonderful WDW loving exuberance on her phone (I think that she plans on selling to a tabloid after you become mega famous).:rotfl2:

Rob & Jenn

So glad that you’re back and updating! Glad that all in life has been great, minus the having to skip the Xmas trip this year! Oh no!

I agree with you a whole lot on the Frozen issues! It was an amazing soundtrack, and incredible movie, but not the GREATEST. A friend of mine said the soundtrack was better than Lion King’s and I simply looked at him…bahah

Love the Elsa look! That’s so awesome!! I’ve been debating Elsa for MNSSHP next year but I’m not impressed with any of the ones I’ve seen on Etsy/cosplayers yet, I think I’d have it custom made by a ballroom dance person, which would be FAR to expensive!

Still haven’t done mission space doubt I’ll do it, just not my type of thing to do lol, glad you guys had fun though! YAY for enjoying the seas, I love Turtle Talk it’s amazing!! Lol.

I am definitely a World Showcase eater! I’ve done sunshine seasons for breakfast and then usually lunch, snack, dinner, snack and MORE SNACKS in WS, there’s so many delicious things to eat and I can NEVER PICK JUST ONE.

AHHH PHOTOPASS DILEMMA! SO glad you got the pictures back, I was missing about five sets from Sept and was seriously upset! Ahahaha, “don’t know why you’d drink something that could choke you!”| SO TRUE!

Love the bakery! I had the raspberry mousse last month and it was SO great! That dog is adorable! A younger version of my dog! Lol.

So glad that you were able to get a nap and start to feel better! I’ve been like that on trips before and it’s just not fun at all, sometimes that heat just gets way too crazy and insane and doesn’t help the vacation stuff!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter