Young At Heart: The #BirthdayFestivus13 Adventure!!! 5 UPDATES, 1/8!!!!!!!!!!!!

__disneygirl

well, all that's left now is the happy ending.
"Fairytales can come true.
It can happen to you if you're young at heart."

9975038125_9910a41931_o.gif

9974845594_b6fdceb2a3_z.jpg

9975071254_c485cab205_t.jpg

WELCOME!

It's me again.

I apologize in advance for what will be an extremely ridiculous and long winded rollercoaster ride through ANOTHER one of my trips to Disney World.

But this was a BIG, very very important trip.

As I claim they all are.

But really... it was. Because IT WAS FOR MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9974881266_8810658b96_z.jpg

Let's face it guys, after a certain age, birthdays can kinda reek.

It's like oh wow, I'm another year older and I've STILL failed at getting into space camp. Great.

Hey... you have your goals, I have mine.

What I'm saying here is... I don't wanna grow up!

But I kind of have to. I'm not Peter Pan regardless of my refusal to age and my former declaration that I was going to call myself Peppermint Patty Pan.

My point is... I do have to age and get older because the only alternative is... uh, well, croaking. So at some point you have to throw your hands up and realize you are out of options. :laughing:

The only thing you can really do is stay young at heart. The bottom line of life is that you have to do whatever the heck makes you happy as long as it doesn't hurt anyone.

What makes me happy is going to Disney World.

So I went. AGAIN. For the 3984996th time.

My name is Lia and Disney is an absolutely HUGE part of my life. It's not just movies and parks, it's not just a source of entertainment for me. It's an every day thing, it's my heart and my soul. So much of Disney represents the core of who I am deep down inside and I will NEVER EVER grow up when it comes to Disney. I can tell you right now if I live to be 100 you will see me with Minnie ears on hunched over my little scooter in front of the castle wearing a Happy Birthday pin. That is just the way it is. WOO HOO that'll be #BirthdayFestivus90. YOU ARE ALL INVITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When it comes down to it, I believe in the magic. I really do.

This trip, the name of the game was #BirthdayFestivus13. I started hashtagging my vacations after I live-tweeted my #StuckInDisney12 experience last year during Hurricane Sandy.

Here I must bring up my former masterpieces. I have written three other extensive reports of my trips. Read them immediately!

The McLOVINS Hit the World - HARD!!!!!!!! ~ 20th birthday trip, April 2010
This is the dawning of the rest of our lives... AT DISNEY WORLD! ~ Christmas 2011 Trip
"I'M STUCK IN DISNEY!" A Delightfully Unliveable TR ~ Oct/Nov 2012 Halloween Trip

If you've already read them, re-read them! I should not have to walk you guys through this by now. :lmao: Go go go!

I have to mention that going to Disney World in any capacity is something that I value above almost anything else. It means more to me to be there than I could ever put into words.

However, after the EPIC trip that was #StuckInDisney12, there was a desire to take it to the next level.

So the only option for #BirthdayFestivus was to go BIG.

Whattaya know, all my friends who had interest in joining this trip all have Spring birthdays. There's Gina, born on March 24. Me, born on April 8. Jess, born on May 8, and Lee-Anne, born on May 14.

WELL LOOK HOW THAT WORKED OUT. (Joey Tribbiani voice. Season 7, episode 7!!!!!!) :D

I went down to Disney on May 13, 2013. Lee-Anne flew down the same day and stayed with me at Port Orleans French Quarter until May 17. Look at us on the MONSTER'S UNIVERSITY MONORAIL!!!!!!!! (I'm the blondie, as Eugene Fitzherbert calls me. :lovestruc)

9062738762_9f8907500e_z.jpg

Jess was doing her College Program at the time, so she joined us for those 5 days at Port. Check all us girls out at CHEF MICKEY'S!

9060421339_1aaf2dbddb_z.jpg

Lee-Anne went home on May 17, and then Jess and I moved to Pop Century. This is a photo of us partying at the Scandinavian area's HOTTEST club, THE MAELSTROM!!

9512214990_71930ab141_z.jpg

WOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On May 19, Gina joined us at Pop, and that night we surprised her with dinner fit for a princess at 1900 Park Fare!!!

9517562192_3aff0bca9a_z.jpg

On May 23, the three of us moved to All Star Movies, and that night we partied with BOB JACKSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9975013876_172b0afcb4_z.jpg

My new favorite person. Like out everyone in the history of all people.

On May 26, Gina and I left Disney and I stayed at her house near Sarasota until May 30.

9975108275_876d319b86_z.jpg

This is only a SMALL fraction of everything we did. I hope you enjoyed the preview, cause there is MUCH MUCH more to come.

In total, I was on vacation for 18 days, and in Disney for 14 days!!!!

This is huge for me, because it has been a lifelong dream of mine to go to Disney for two whole weeks. Every single trip I ever went on caused such extreme joy and euphoria that by the time we had to leave, my heart was ripped into pieces. Every single departure had me crying hysterically on the way to the airport. As a child, I always thought that if I could just be there for two solid weeks, I'd be happy.

The truth is... it was still no easy thing leaving Disney. But it felt very good that I was able to accomplish my two-week Disney goal. GO ME! And to be surrounded by my friends the whole time? Now that was really special.

The other great thing was that this trip was just so VARIED. We did SO much and went all over the place!

The big theme of the trip besides #BirthdayFestivus was trying new things. When you have visited Disney as much as I have, there doesn't seem to be a lot of new stuff left to see. But when I sat and thought about it, I was able to come up with a lot of things that I had not done before. Also, while I was on the trip, I stopped and paid attention to some little things I would usually pass by. I also made an effort to go to places I haven't been to in years. When I get to the end of each day in this report, I will tally up all the "Firsts" I experienced that day. These lists are HUGE, it's really amazing. I ended up doing more than I even thought I would!

It was a crazy trip. We were all celebrating our birthdays, we stayed at 3 different resorts, my friends came and went, Jess was always running back and forth from work to our room(s) to the parks, #DISNEY24 happened and was so insanely epic (Gina and I are basically famous because of it, but I'm sure you already knew that due to our global influence), we were always pin trading or resort hopping or eating.

Actually... most of the time we were just eating. I am a Disney food enthusiast, if you didn't already know. If I were you, I'd go grab a snack... all the food pictures in this report are gonna make you HUNGRY.

The point is, #BirthdayFestivus13 was one mother of a trip. I get exhausted just THINKING about it! But oh man did we have a fun time. An ABSURDLY fun time. I will never ever forget it!

So join me fans and friends and odds and ends... it's time for the fantastical tale that you've all been waiting for. You will finally discover what is beyond your regular dimension of trip report. You are going to travel directly into...

THE #BIRTHDAYFESTIVUS13 ZONE.

Table of Contents

May 13, 2013

Day 1, Part 1 In Which Everything Goes From Black and White To Color
Day 1, Part 2 In Which I EAT AT FOOD BOOTHS IN THE WORLD SHOWCASE WITHOUT IT BEING THE FOOD & WINE FESTIVAL!!!!!
Day 1, Part 3 In Which There Is Food, Drink, Flowers, and Stripping
Day 1, Part 4 In Which We're VIP Frumps!!!!
Day 1, Part 5 In Which I Meet My Twin
Day 1, Part 6 In Which I Visit the Kingdom of Corona
Day 1, Part 7 In Which Mickey Cooks Us Dinner
Day 1, Part 8 In Which We Get Our First Birthday Surprise!

May 14, 2013

Day 2, Part 1 In Which We Celebrate Lee-Anne's Birthday in the Hundred Acre Wood
Day 2, Part 2 In Which We Continue Celebrating Lee-Anne's Birthday in the Hundred Acre Wood
Day 2, Part 3 In Which I Feel Up A Disney Character
Day 2, Part 4 In Which I Find My Love, Mickey Skellington
Day 2, Part 5 In Which I Freak Out Over Pins and Fall in Love With Riverside
Day 2, Part 6 In Which I Kiss Dumbo and Try A Louisiana Classic!

May 15, 2013

Day 3, Part 1 In Which I Test the Track
Day 3, Part 2 In Which I Create Timeless Art Yet Again
Day 3, Part 3 In Which The Backlot Is Boring
Day 3, Part 4 In Which Buzz Is On the Booty and Jess Is Back!!

May 16, 2013

Day 4, Part 1 In Which Thank God Captain EO Is A Fastpass
Day 4, Part 2 In Which CHEDDAR CHEESE SOUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Day 4, Part 3 In Which We're On Our Own Private Birthday Bus!
Day 4, Part 4 In Which The Princess Needs To Perk Up
Day 4, Part 5 In Which Chip's Out of the Cupboard
Day 4, Part 6 In Which We Travel To Hollywood and Take A LOT of Pictures
Day 4, Part 7 In Which We Blow off Disney For the Drive-In
Day 4, Part 8 In Which We Have One of the Best Tower Visits EVER!!!!!!!!!!
Day 4, Part 9 In Which We Are Fantasmaniacs and Pajama Pin Traders

May 17, 2013

Day 5, Part 1 In Which We Get A Surprise From Stitch
Day 5, Part 2 In Which All the Animals Just Kinda Hang Out
Day 5, Part 3 In Which This Must Be POP!
Day 5, Part 4 In Which We Create Our Own Pasta
Day 5, Part 5 In Which We Drop By Our Favorite Kingdom
Day 5, Part 6 In Which We Eat the Wildest Meal in the Wilderness!!!!!

May 18, 2013

Day 6, Part 1 In Which I Return To The Resort That Dubbed Me The Queen!
Day 6, Part 2 In Which Fireworks Explode As We Take Pictures!!
Day 6, Part 3 In Which the Princesses Go Discount Shopping
Day 6, Part 4 In Which We Hit Up A Norwegian Night Club!
Day 6, Part 5 In Which Epcot Puts On A Show Just For Us!!!
Day 6, Part 6 In Which We Call It A (Frumpy) Day

May 19, 2013

Day 6, Part 1 In Which I Have An Animated Morning
Day 7, Part 2 In Which I Hula Hoop and Minnie Vibrates
Day 7, Part 3 In Which I Get Lost In The Epcot Resort Area AGAIN
Day 7, Part 4 In Which GINA IS IN THE BUILDING!
Day 7, Part 5 In Which Gina Gets A Grand Surprise
Day 7, Part 6 In Which I'll Settle For Two Castles
Day 7, Part 7 In Which The Drinking Marathon Commences
Day 7, Part 8 In Which I Eat A Questionable Olive
Day 7, Part 9 In Which We Are Not Sober

May 20, 2013

Day 8, Part 1 In Which Gina Makes Her Triumphant Return to Disney Parks!
Day 8, Part 2 In Which We Are Moving People
Day 8, Part 3 In Which There Are Clowns and Tremaines
Day 8, Part 4 In Which Figaro Is A Cat
Day 8, Part 5 In Which We Party In The Future
Day 8, Part 6 In Which I Spin Slowly While Eating Delicious Food and Meeting Animals!!!!!!!
Day 8, Part 7 IN WHICH MICKEY MOUSE KNOWS ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Day 8, Part 8 In Which Pooh and Tigger Dance To the Beatles

May 21, 2013

Day 9, Part 1 In Which There Are Dark Places and Scary Dinosaurs In the Big Blue World
Day 9, Part 2 In Which It's Disco Yeti Time!
Day 9, Part 3 In Which Our AK Expedition is Cut Short Due To Italians
Day 9, Part 4 In Which We're Italian Models
Day 9, Part 5 IN WHICH WE GET STUCK ON THE MAELSTROM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Day 9, Part 6 In Which Wolfgang Puck Tries To Kill Us With Dessert

May 22, 2013

Day 10, Part 1 In Which I MAKE MY TRIUMPHANT RETURN TO THE MANIA!
Day 10, Part 2 In Which Vanellope is Jealous
Day 10, Part 3 In Which We Go Back In Time To Color Surfboards
Day 10, Part 4 In Which ROOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Day 10, Part 5 In Which We Experience Delays In LA Traffic
Day 10, Part 6 In Which I'm Barely Alive
Day 10, Part 7 In Which Mickey Does The American Walk!

May 23, 2013

Day 11, Part 1 In Which I Return To Andy's Room!
Day 11, Part 2 In Which A Southern CM Gives Us Some Solid Advice
Day 11, Part 3 In Which We Are Wowed by the Awesomeness That Is Bob Jackson!

May 24, 2013

Day 12, Part 1 In Which We Have The Freshest Glittery Purple Car EVER
Day 12, Part 2 In Which We're Too Hot and Too Late
Day 12, Part 3 In Which The Magic Kingdom Is Open All Night!
Day 12, Part 4 In Which Ello, Have A Magical Cruise!
Day 12, Part 5 In Which We Become Global Stars
Day 12, Part 6 In Which We Chillin Eatin Waffles and Dancing to *NSYNC
Bonus #Disney24 Photos: Part 1!
Bonus #Disney24 Photos: Part 2!

May 25, 2013

Day 13, Part 1 In Which We Are Resort Hopping Extraordinaires!
Day 13, Part 2 In Which We Frolic on the Beach!
Day 13, Part 3 In Which We Travel To Hawaii Alongside the Monorail
Day 13, Part 4 In Which We Have One Last Wish

May 26, 2013

Day 14, Part 1 In Which It's Time For Africa
Day 14, Part 2 In Which We Visit Necklace Village
Day 14, Part 3 In Which Must Find Ichabod Crane!!
Day 14, Part 4 In Which We Leave HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN

May 26-29, 2013

Days 14-18 In Which I'm At Ginas!

9975041065_1ccda47189_t.jpg

"Don't you know that it's worth every treasure on earth to be young at heart?"

Last edited:
Oh man, I ADORE that first picture of the castle. I want that as a mural on my entire wall.

You better believe I am so participating in #BirthdayFestivus90.

In the picture of you and Lee-Anne, your arm is broken. You should look into contortionism. (Is that a word?)

YEAH DISNEY 24!!! WE ARE FAMOUS! :cool1:

BBFFAE LYLAS TTYL yes I may just end every comment like this from now on.

AHHHH SO EXCITED YOU STARTED A NEW TR!!!! ladkfjdlkfjslkdfjsdlkfjskdlf

I'm here, duh. I might take a bit to comment because I'm working my booty off over here to edit photos from our trip, organize notes, etc... but I am SO IN! I can't wait to hear all about your birthday festivususususus!

Aaahhhhhh!!!! So excited that this just popped up when Inopened the thread!! Yay!! Obviously im here! Your zest for Disney & staying young at heart & just being awesome is so awesome!!

Cant wait to read all about it!!

So excited to see you have started this!! I've loved reading all your TR's! They are definitely my favorites!
I'm anxious to see some of your "firsts" because I am trying to find new things to do on our next trip coming up too!

So excited to be on board from the beginning for this one! I can tell it's going to be so much fun!!

SOOOOOOO EXCITED FOR THIS!
Still sad that you left just days before I got down there, but I'm sure we'll be both down there at some point! i enjoyed following along with your tweets while this was actually occurring, but I'm so excited for all the details 140 measly characters on twitter couldn't fit in! EEP!

Fabulous! I look forward to reading all about it - your trip reports have me in stitches :thumbsup2 Kinda excited about the discovery of new stuff to do too - no want should ever be stuck in a Disney rut. I'm getting ready to take notes!!

Super excited to read another TR from you! It will keep me busy until my next trip to Disney *hopefully* next year... :)

So excited to be in right from the beginning! Have you read the book "How to Be Like Walt"? You should pick up a copy if you haven't :)

I read your last report and found my kindred Disney spirit. See I am five years old, too. No really. I may be 44 human years old, but I am 5 in Disney years! Thanks of sharing. I have already read some of Jess's version and can't wait to hear yours.

I will think of you next week at MNSSHP! I am going for the first time. I will be sure to tell Eugene hi!

Woo Hooo!

Can't wait to read about all that birthday fun!

We are leaving for French Quarter in 3 days! To celebrate just two birthdays! Mine will be celebrated on 9th October and DD will turn 13 on the 17th :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter