WOW!! A Fabulous Fall Trip to HRH Sept-Oct '18-& Live TR's 8/5-8/7, 9/7-9/9!!Plus Bonus TR 11/1-11/3

On the way, we stopped so Joe could look at the cars at Fast & Furious!

thumbnail_IMG_3485.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3489.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3492.jpg

Joe would love to drive a car like one of these:love:, but with two boys in college, his Toyota Corolla will have to do! Plus the car insurance is much cheaper on his Toyota! Hey- that means more for our travel budget:rolleyes1

Our appetizer:

Lombard's Cheese Bites - $8.99
Wisconsin white cheddar curds fried and served with house made marinara

thumbnail_IMG_3496.jpg

Joe's choice:
Fish And Fries - $16.99
Sustainable fresh wild Alaskan cod lightly fried in seasoned batter, served with crispy French fries and creamy tartar sauce

thumbnail_IMG_3499.jpg

My choice:
Lemon Garlic Shrimp Penne ( V ) - $15.99
Sautéed shrimp with zucchini, yellow squash, carrots, tomatoes, and penne pasta in a light butter lemon garlic sauce, finished with basil and lemon zest

thumbnail_IMG_3498.jpg

And dessert!!
Key Lime pie- Gotta love the fish plate!!:thumbsup2

thumbnail_IMG_3508.jpg

We were happy with our meals!:)

It is! DD and I did dinner there on one of our HHN nights as well. No reservation needed for us-the restaurant was mostly empty! good food though

Yep- pretty empty as well for us! By then end of our meal I think it was just Joe and I at our table and Mac, Keishashadow & her family at their table. Great food!- will definitely return there!:thumbsup2

And.... now on to the tour! party:

We met out tour guide, Tyler. He was magnificent! So nice and very knowledgeable! :thumbsup2 It adds so much to the experience by having someone tell you the story behind each house and point out details to watch for! And bypassing all the lines is a plus, too!::yes::

Here's our fun group!!

thumbnail_IMG_3513 (1).jpg

Joe and I were new to the group this year. We so enjoyed meeting all the DIS members !! What a warm, welcoming, & FUN bunch!!:goodvibes

Joe and I had a truly memorable evening! We toured the houses, had some breaks at Cafe La Bamba for yummy food and drinks, and had great fun with everyone!! To us, HHN is so much more than just haunted houses, scare zones, and rides. What truly makes it so special is sharing all of this with great friends!:)

Thanks everyone for a great evening!!

Another real time interruption!! Or actually, an additional mini- trip report!! :cool1:

Joe and I flew down to Orlando late Thursday evening! We came down on a furniture moving mission! When Troy was in Orlando for the Disney college program, we had purchased bedroom furniture for a 2 bedroom apartment. We want to bring one set of furniture back home to Buffalo to have for our guest bedroom (aka Kyle's old room). And we want to do so before the snow flies at home-which could be any day now:eek:

So, why not squeeze in a little fun before we hit the road for the LONG drive home!:cheer2:

Our flight on Thursday evening was very bumpy!! All those storms! But we were on time :thumbsup2

We stayed at the Sheraton Vistana resort. There was a wonderful deal! And now we can get Marriott points at
Sheraton properties!

We had a lovely one bedroom villa in the Cascades area! Here's some photos of the room:

thumbnail_IMG_4079.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4078.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3791.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3784.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3785.jpg

We arrived late Thursday evening and by the time we checked in, the dining options at the resort were closed. We tried a restaurant that is new to us- Hurricane Grill & Wings! It was very close to the resort.

My choice:
ISLAND GRILLED SHRIMP
Grilled shrimp perfectly seasoned with our smokey Mesquite rub and drizzled with our Garlic Parm sauce.

thumbnail_IMG_3792.jpg

Joe's choice:
THE PERFECT STORM
Four of our favorites! Firecracker Shrimp, Fried Pickles, Boneless Wings and our Garlic n Parm Fries. Served with Cyclone and Firecracker sauces, and a third sauce of your choice.

thumbnail_IMG_3793.jpg

We shared a piece of salted caramel cheesecake for dessert. So yummy! We ate it so fast I forgot the picture, but trust me, it was delicious!!::yes::

We really enjoyed the restaurant and would definitely return!!:thumbsup2

Friday we planned to pack in a lot of fun!!party:

In the morning, we headed over to the Hard Rock hotel to have breakfast at The Kitchen restaurant!
Just love that place!:love:

They have an amazing breakfast buffet! You can also order off of the menu.

We've only had breakfast there once before. We stay club level and enjoy breakfast in the club lounge. So we figured that an offsite stay was a great reason to go enjoy breakfast at our most favorite place- HRH!:lovestruc Even when we don't stay there, we just HAVE to visit :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter