• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WOW!! A Fabulous Fall Trip to HRH Sept-Oct '18-& Live TR's 8/5-8/7, 9/7-9/9!!Plus Bonus TR 11/1-11/3

He is a fantastic man!
I met him many years ago when he worked at the hotel

I agree- Carlton is truly a wonderful person!!:) We were so honored that he would take time out of his busy schedule to chat with us!

All the staff that we've talked to have been very complimentary of him as well:thumbsup2

We had a quiet night- stayed at the hotel to enjoy dessert. The sugar cookies are our favorite!!:love:

Thursday we had an exciting day planned!! We had a cabana rented at HRH!! The best part was that we had two special visits planed- DIS meets!!:cool1:

So, we were up early on Thursday to have coffee and breakfast. We checked in for our cabana at 9 am!!

Here are the details about the cabana from our e-mail confirmation:

Thank you for booking your cabana at The Hard Rock Hotel! You have reserved cabana # 1 for Thursday, October 4, 2018. The cabana will be yours for the day from 9am until close. Your rental rate for the cabana will be $225 plus tax. You will receive a $50 Food and Beverage Credit towards our Beach Club Restaurant.

Please have a member of your party check in at the Fitness Center (Body Rock) no later than 1pm to complete payment and also receive the remote for your television. If you are not arriving at the Hotel for your reservation by 1pm, please then check into Body Rock by or at 4pm to complete payment and also receive the remote for your television. We are located on the first floor, to the left when exiting the elevators.

If you wish to cancel your reservation, please do so by contacting Body Rock by 9pm the night before. Same-Day Cancellations will incur a charge of 50% of the daily rate listed above.

Due to Florida's unpredictable weather patterns, refunds will not be issued because of inclement weather conditions. (In some extreme weather conditions we may ask you to clear the pool/cabana area, due to it being unsafe- you may return once the management team has established it to be safe.)

Here are some helpful tips for your day at the pool:

- All Cabanas receive a fruit basket as well as an assortment of 12 sodas (4 cokes, 4 diet cokes, and 4 sprites), 4 Hard Rock waters, and a bottle of Fiji water.

- All Cabanas are equipped with a LCD TV, a ceiling fan, a table with 4 chairs, 4 lounge chairs, 1 lounger, and a private safe.

- Swim diapers, life jackets, Ping-Pong paddles and balls, shuffle board equipment, and volleyballs are available complimentary at the towel hut.

- Maximum capacity is 10 people per cabana.

- Cabana guest must be staying at one of the hotels on property- Hard Rock Hotel, Portofino Bay Hotel, Royal Pacific Resort, Cabana Bay Beach Resort, or Sapphire Falls Resort.

- Outside food, alcohol, coolers, pets and glass are prohibited throughout the pool area.

- Only inflatable toys and rafts are allowed in the pool.

- Smoking is only allowed in cabanas 3-6.

If you have any questions, special requests, celebrating a special event, or have any catering needs, please contact us at (407)503-2236.

We look forward to seeing you at the Hard Rock Hotel!

Rock on!

The weather was picture-perfect that day!! Sunny and hot!:sunny:

We were so happy that @Tgrgrl was going to join us for lunch! We were looking forward to meeting her!! :goodvibes

thumbnail_IMG_3445 (1).jpg

We enjoyed some cocktails!

thumbnail_IMG_3438.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3440.jpg

We had so much fun!! We talked like we'd been friends for years!! :thumbsup2

We had a nice meal!! I forgot to take pictures- too busy chatting! :laughing:

We said our goodbyes after lunch! We will definitely plan to get together on a future trip!! Thanks so much @Tgrgrl for taking time out of your busy day to join us at the cabana! Joe and I had a great time!:thumbsup2

After lunch, Joe and I enjoyed the pool!:thumbsup2

Then, we were joined by another DIS friend we were eager to meet, @Lynne G !!:goodvibes

thumbnail_IMG_3447 (2).jpg

We had a great time chatting all afternoon!!:thumbsup2

We talked, enjoyed some pool time, and had some snacks later on before Lynne left. Thanks @Lynne G for taking time out of your arrival day at Universal to meet up with us at the cabana!:thumbsup2 Wonderful afternoon!:)

A meet up...how awesome! Your cabana looks like a great way to spend a pool day. I'm all about some sun, swimming, reading and relaxing.

I have no trouble doing that...the dh on the other hand, does not " sit " easily. He will have to be a little patient and be able to slow down as once the boys are gone, which is only 2 years away ( I need to update my signature as they are almost 18 and 16 ) and we will hopefully be travelling to more destinations besides what we do now. I get grumpier and grumpier with each passing winter as they are harder and harder to get through ( especially when we don't get a warm winter holiday ) Winters are long and cold here where we can have 6 months of snow and cold. :cold: :sad2: It tends to make me a little grumpy :rolleyes1

A meet up...how awesome! Your cabana looks like a great way to spend a pool day. I'm all about some sun, swimming, reading and relaxing.

I have no trouble doing that...the dh on the other hand, does not " sit " easily. He will have to be a little patient and be able to slow down as once the boys are gone, which is only 2 years away ( I need to update my signature as they are almost 18 and 16 ) and we will hopefully be travelling to more destinations besides what we do now. I get grumpier and grumpier with each passing winter as they are harder and harder to get through ( especially when we don't get a warm winter holiday ) Winters are long and cold here where we can have 6 months of snow and cold. :cold: :sad2: It tends to make me a little grumpy :rolleyes1

Yes- the cabana was wonderful! Nice to have a reserved spot for the day! and even better we had great company!!:)

It's ok that DH likes to be active- even on vacay! There are a lot of places that can be relaxing and active! That's one thing we like about Universal and staying onsite. We can have fun at the parks and City Walk- yet are steps away from a relaxing resort with great restaurants & pools!:thumbsup2
I hear you on LONG winters!! :cold: We're in Buffalo, NY and yep- our winters can extend from November-April :faint:. I definitely have SAD- seasonal affective disorder!! :( Here's hoping for a winter warm weather break for you!:sunny:

We had a nice meal!! I forgot to take pictures- too busy chatting! :laughing:

We said our goodbyes after lunch! We will definitely plan to get together on a future trip!! Thanks so much @Tgrgrl for taking time out of your busy day to join us at the cabana! Joe and I had a great time!:thumbsup2
It was so fun & yes, just like meeting up with old friends!! We will get together again soon!

Sushi night is by far the most popular night!!:thumbsup2 The sushi goes fast, but they are very good at keeping it full!

As for all of the food offerings, there will be times that the food empties, but they will replenish it very soon. We are usually in the lounge at 7pm. They will keep the food stocked until closing! :)

After the evening reception, we returned to our cabana! We had a couple more drinks, watched a little tv, and just enjoyed a quiet night by the pool! We left the cabana for the night about 9:00 pm. The pool closed that evening at 10:00 pm. On the weekends, we noticed the hours extended to 11:00 pm.

We enjoyed some dessert in the lounge and then called it a day!!

WOW!! another lovely, relaxing day! And we had a wonderful time with some great friends!:)

I have to add that by that night, my throat was very sore and I was a little congested and not feeling great. :( The staff in the concierge lounge are amazing! While I was having some tea with my dessert and told them of my maladies, our friend that works there went to get me something that she recommends and prepares for guests that aren't feeling well- ginger tea(with REAL ginger root!). She brought us a pot of ginger tea!:thumbsup2 It was amazing! So soothing! We even prepared more the next morning with the ginger root!

And, the next day, we got a fresh pot of ginger tea, too!:goodvibes

Love the pics of the cabana. What number did you have? We will be there relaxing in our cabana in just over 3 weeks now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter