Would you consider this line cutting?

I go to Six Flags every 2 weeks or so and this has never been an issue for me or anyone else. My mom may stop at a cart outside the ride to grab a soda and then join the kids and I in line a few minutes later. If anyone ever blocked the way and wouldn't let her up with us and told her to have us come back to meet her I would think that person was extremely rude! To my knowledge this has never been considered rude, I have let people pass me and I have passed others, not really a big deal in life. I agree it would be annoying if a large group was going past to meet 1 person and it was a significant space between them and their group, but I would just think they were jerks as they went by. I'd never try to keep them behind me. What kind of a horrible line waiting experience is that for you when people who are annoyed with you are constantly trying to wiggle around you?

I would love to know how others in line around you at Six Flags feel about the "stop to get a drink and then let me up through the line" scenario you described. I wonder what they're thinking when your mom rolls up with a drink while you and your child saved her spot after they waited at the end of the line with their family while their mom went and got one for them.

I'm not debating because the issue feels so wickedly widespread all of the sudden that I could probably argue this until I'm blue in the face and not make a difference. I, more, started this thread to see if I was, unnecessarily getting my feathers ruffled. I think we've all, mostly, agreed that folks with small kids needing a potty or other guests needing assistance don't fall into the cutting category and that, generally, the rest do.

As it turns out, it's massively storming here today, so my last day in the parks isn't going to happen, thus no more lines for me for at least six months. Maybe by then the line police will have cracked down and it won't be a problem. :thumbsup2

With that all said, nchulka, I sincerely hope you have a wonderful first trip that leads to many, many more. Despite my gripe, WDW is really a wonderful place to visit.

On our last trip two years ago, this happened on almost every ride with LARGE groups of touring teenagers. I have never minded it with a mom or dad and child because I know about potty issues, but when it happens over and over with 7 or 8 teens each time, it is annoying. I don't want to cause a ruckus by speaking up but another posters quote of "your friends can come back and stand in line with you" is a good one!

I just cant see justifying moving ahead in line, simply because you know someone closer to the front.
Case in point, the large groups that wear tee shirts.
Lets say a few of them decide to ride space mountain. So they get in line at Space..and along come more people from that same group (who may only vaguely know the people in line, but have matching tee shirts..and identified them by such.) The second group who may have had no intention of riding that particular ride can now say "Look, their about to get on Space, lets ride it." And then bustle their way up the line to meet 'their party'..

My DH and I saw that a lot on our last visit to DW- not to be mean, but it was mostly teens who were the offenders.

I have no issues with one or two people, or the parent who gets out of line to tend to a potty issue then returns. I didn't mind even before I had a kid, and now that I do, I really understand.

I do think it's rude to have spaceholders save a spot in line while others in the party go off to do other rides, then bust through everyone else waiting to meet their spaceholder. It's just not considerate of others, and implies that those people's time is more important than anyone else's.

I'm shocked by how upset everyone is by this. We are getting ready for our first trip so I have no prior experience and maybe it is a major problem, but I'm just surprised by how angry and rude everyone seems. I wouldn't ever think of sending one person ahead while the rest of our group did something else and then get in line at the end and walk past everyone to the front. I would have most of the party wait in line while I or someone else did something quick and then joined the rest shortly. I go to Six Flags every 2 weeks or so and this has never been an issue for me or anyone else. My mom may stop at a cart outside the ride to grab a soda and then join the kids and I in line a few minutes later. If anyone ever blocked the way and wouldn't let her up with us and told her to have us come back to meet her I would think that person was extremely rude! To my knowledge this has never been considered rude, I have let people pass me and I have passed others, not really a big deal in life. I agree it would be annoying if a large group was going past to meet 1 person and it was a significant space between them and their group, but I would just think they were jerks as they went by. I'd never try to keep them behind me. What kind of a horrible line waiting experience is that for you when people who are annoyed with you are constantly trying to wiggle around you?

Not sure which Six Flags you go to but from their main website:

LINE JUMPING
Line jumping is strictly prohibited. Guests are not permitted to save places in line or exit the line and return for any reason. Violators will be ejected without a refund.

It appears each of the Six Flags parks has a no line jumping policy.
http://www.sixflags.com/national/search/search.aspx

Not sure which Six Flags you go to but from their main website:

LINE JUMPING
Line jumping is strictly prohibited. Guests are not permitted to save places in line or exit the line and return for any reason. Violators will be ejected without a refund.

It appears each of the Six Flags parks has a no line jumping policy.
http://www.sixflags.com/national/search/search.aspx

Doesn't Disney have it posted that line jumping is prohibited? Seems like I read it somewhere. If they had signs posted it would be easier for others in line to speak up and say something to the line jumpers like "Well my family is right in front of your group but I am here, guess you'll have to meet up after the ride like we are."

Granted, I think this is a different kind of "line," but, while waiting in line to see characters (like Buzz in Tomorrowland by the Space Ranger Spin or Frontier Donald in Frontierland) to let my DS(2) run around instead of stand in line (with DH).

They said no one really wanted to stand in line with a cranky toddler, lol. Let him run and be happy 20 feet away rather than whine in line.

But...to me, that's a different kind of line.

It is annoying when it is a large group of people but understandable when it is a child needing to go to the toilet or something.

I was in line for Aladdins magic carpets with my 2 DDs (3 and 7). In front of me was a mother and teenager. Behind me came up 8 or 9 other family members. It is not a wide line area but instead of allowing us to go ahead of them so they could join their party the 8 or 9 people cut in front of us. They really should have said go ahead and waited to join their party. I would not expect to cut in front of someone for my own convenience and thought it very rude for them all to push past us. I got no "excuse me" or anything just pushing and I was very angry at my children being pushed aside by rather large rude people who seemed not to see them or to know what a line is.

If you want to ride together - get in line together.

Is that so hard????

One sister would get in the buffet line and when she got to the front... the other 7 sisters would cut line. We let them get away with it because #1 they were old and #2 they traveled in a pack. LOL. And too bad if you were behind them. They could clear a buffet like locust. :lmao: We called them the Gimmy, Getcha, Gotcha Sisters.

Nancy:rotfl2:

Doesn't Disney have it posted that line jumping is prohibited? Seems like I read it somewhere. If they had signs posted it would be easier for others in line to speak up and say something to the line jumpers like "Well my family is right in front of your group but I am here, guess you'll have to meet up after the ride like we are."

They have it posted somewhere and I have seen a family ejected for jumping the line in TSMM.

Toy Story was the only ride the CMs really policed line cutting. They repeatedly made announcements that all members of your party needed to be together and no one would be allowed to catch up. A big family in front of us left the line, because the dad was getting FPs, but then we saw a lady try to cut. The CM stopped her and she started crying that her family went in without her. The CM kept telling her if she wanted to ride, she was welcome to go to the end of the line. Just before we went into the building, I saw her yelling and waving her arms around. The CM didn't say another word, just did a thumb motion to the back of the line. I saw one more CM enforce the policy at Haunted Mansion, but everywhere else, it seemed to be tolerated. Disney should have a consistent policy. It would avoid a lot of confusion and irritation among the guests. One of these days, someone's going to snap at a line jumper and it won't be pretty.

It's not that hard to make sure everyone uses the restroom or gets a drink before getting in a line that you know is going to be more than a few minutes long. Disney posts wait times. If you've got a small child, people understand and will make way if they suddenly need to go, but there's no excuse for a group of able-bodied teens or adults trying to play catch-up just because they didn't feel like waiting. That's beyond rude.

I felt that not only in Que lines, but in QS restaurants, gift shops, condiment areas. buffets and entrance and bag check lines, there were issues of entitlement everywhere! We were there May 31 through June 11. We utilized fast pass, even with stroller swap, did not save a table prior to ordering food and generally tried to be very aware of others needs and personal space.

I think this one incident sums our experiences up. We were in the MK and found a curbside seat for the electric light parade over two hours prior to it starting. This was because we had a group of 8, with a double stroller, ECV and wanted the two children to see well. At least 5 of us at a time sat waiting for the parade, with people taking turns to move about, buy drinks or go to the restroom.

About 1 hour prior to the start of the parade, they cordoned off the area. The ropes were back inches to a foot and 1/2. The CMs stated that ALL people and equipment MUST be behind the cords. They stated this was due to safety issues as the drivers were not yet aware of exactly where the turns were and were hitting curbs. Everyone around us was gracious and despite the fact that the sidewalk was narrow, all backed up so we could. VERY sweet. This is when the "vultures" started to descend. They brazenly sat on the curb (a foot in front of us). We explained they had to be behind the cord and they became irate AND vocal telling us to move OUT of THEIR way. I literally thought it was going to come to blows between another families men and the squatters. This played out approx 8 times during the hour. One lady yelled at me "I paid good money to be here and YOU are keeping my kids from seeing this parade". I looked her dead in the eye, lowered my voice to just above a whisper and said "Your money is not any better than my money. If you had been sitting here for 2 1/2 hours I would have the brains to not even ASK you to move! Please do not make me talk to a CM."

We also had one lady put her three little kids on the edge of the sidewalk and walk away! She didn't know ANY of us. When the CM came by to tell us to "Move your kids behind the cord", we told her we didn't know the children and their Mother had dumped them on the sidewalk, despite us telling her they couldn't sit there. The CM took the kids with her. We never saw the Mom. She NEVER came back looking for her kids.

I also saw some of the sweetest, most patient and calm people I have ever seen. It was a very strange trip in many ways!

We also had one lady put her three little kids on the edge of the sidewalk and walk away! She didn't know ANY of us. When the CM came by to tell us to "Move your kids behind the cord", we told her we didn't know the children and their Mother had dumped them on the sidewalk, despite us telling her they couldn't sit there. The CM took the kids with her. We never saw the Mom. She NEVER came back looking for her kids.

:scared1: That is unreal!!!!

I'm shocked by how upset everyone is by this. We are getting ready for our first trip so I have no prior experience and maybe it is a major problem, but I'm just surprised by how angry and rude everyone seems. I wouldn't ever think of sending one person ahead while the rest of our group did something else and then get in line at the end and walk past everyone to the front. I would have most of the party wait in line while I or someone else did something quick and then joined the rest shortly. I go to Six Flags every 2 weeks or so and this has never been an issue for me or anyone else. My mom may stop at a cart outside the ride to grab a soda and then join the kids and I in line a few minutes later. If anyone ever blocked the way and wouldn't let her up with us and told her to have us come back to meet her I would think that person was extremely rude! To my knowledge this has never been considered rude, I have let people pass me and I have passed others, not really a big deal in life. I agree it would be annoying if a large group was going past to meet 1 person and it was a significant space between them and their group, but I would just think they were jerks as they went by. I'd never try to keep them behind me. What kind of a horrible line waiting experience is that for you when people who are annoyed with you are constantly trying to wiggle around you?

I'm shocked that you (and so many others) think that this is appropriate behavior. Wait for your entire group before entering the line and you won't have an issue.

Soarin' is the absolute worst for this--half the group goes for fast passes, the bathrooms, Sunshine Seasons, and then they all push their way up to the one person who got in line earlier.

Cedar Point really is the best at enforcing line jumping rules. I love that.

LINE JUMPING
Our line jumping policy states that if you cut into a line of waiting guests, no matter what the reason, you are inviting dismissal from the park without refund of admission. This rule is strictly enforced. LINE JUMPING IS: “CUTTING IN FRONT OF OTHER WAITING GUESTS. LEAVING THE LINE, THEN ATTEMPTING TO REENTER. THIS INCLUDES USING THE REST ROOM FACILITIES OR TO PURCHASE FOOD OR DRINKS.” Once you leave your place in line, you have forfeited it, no matter what the reason. Saving a place in line is simply not permitted.

The thing is, that while I enjoy Cedar Point, Disney is my love because it has heart. You can't have both. At Disney they go the extra mile so often. A sick kid brings a picture of Mickey and a beanie from the Mousekeeper. Cedar Point is merely an amusement park with some awesome rides.

I would rather have heart than rules.

These are the people who make the memories for me.:)

We've done the ECV, stroller and crowd thing before. Congrats for surviving it!

Thank you!! We had a wonderful vacation and my Grandsons reaction to the ELP was the highlight of the trip for me!!:goodvibes

:scared1: That is unreal!!!!

I agree. I worried about those kids all night and the rest of the trip! I must have a sign on my forehead that reads "Drop your kids off to me, I will watch them", as it has happend to me before in Disneyland.

I always find it interesting the number of people who think it is okay to cut in line if you have a special reason.

We all have reasons why we don't want to wait in line. We are all "special".

Just suck it up ... get your drinks/food first, go to the bathroom first, get your fastpasses first, wait for ALL members of your party BEFORE entering the line.

Yea, yea ... what if someone has to go to the bathroom suddenly, what if someone is too weak to stand, what if I am dying of thirst and my DH wants to buy me a drink ... get over it.

NO CUTS!!!

I think it's always rude. In every circumstance. I can't really think of any reason that I would be okay with it. And most line areas aren't made for an extra flow of people pushing through, so it's uncomfortable and annoying when these people try to push past you.

They really, really need to super enforce this in the BTMRR line where there is barely enough width for one person to walk through the line safely and it's always so hot and tightly packed. When people try to push through there, it's doubly annoying and uncomfortable.

A parent who leaves the line to take care of the needs of a child, needs a drink, needs to potty, diaper needs changing ect doesn't bother me in the least. It has happened to all of us at some point no matter how well we have planned. I am bothered by Dad waiting in line while mom and the kids do something else and expecting to have them join him later, and by a group of peole pushing through to join a group already in line.

saw this CONSTANTLY at hollywood studios early this month. We had two families standing in line in front of us for characters. When we first got in line (it was just me and DS and my two kids were sitting on the computers and didn't want to get in line for Sorc Mickey which was fine with us) there were a mom and daughter in front of us and then several more singles or doubles in front of us (and this was a LONG line).

it took FOREVER for the line to move because suddenly we would have groups of 3-6 people suddenly coming back into the line. And it wasn't just little kids. Saw a bunch of older teens young 20's do this. Had 2 people in line and then 4 more joined right in midway through the ropes. The mom and daughter in front of us ended up adding 3 more kids and Dad (they had dad standing in line for Lotso and one of the older kids standing in line for incrediables and moving in between). They were in and out of the line so many times. At one point everyone had moved up and there wasn't much room in the line and all 5 of them suddenly showed up again (which there wasn't room) and just moved their way in. Needless to say personal space didn't exist in this line. Of course this family also then needed 5 different arrangements for pictures (my kids came and got in the line once we reached the ropes and realized that no matter how much they whined I was NOT getting out of line). We also saw it alot with SWW and waiting for characters. One person would get in one line to hold the spot and the rest would hit another character

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter