World of Color Return?

Now someone else on FB says they called and were told dining/dessert cancelled because of “crowd control” but show will still happen. That makes no sense either!!

I call BS on that. They would not be offering tickets at big discounts to AP guests if they are already worried about crowd control.

I just checked online, and there are no reservations any day for WOC Dinning through July 24th which is the last day available for reservations.... SO they must have taken them all out in the system.

This looks pretty serious..........

Three or four people are saying they called back and the cm told them show still going but they are cancelling all dining and dessert. That has to be incorrect info from the cm. That would make NO sense! Disney wouldn’t give up the extra money!!

Perhaps it could be union workers are going to strike and this is how they will deal with it.

I just got a call from a CM at Carthay Circle canceling my WOC reservation as WOC won't be back til later in the summer.
She wanted to know if I wanted to transfer my WOC to a regular dining reservation on June 27th. I said no.

My opinion, if WOC is not going to run then the Paint the Night parade should run 2 times a night.

Great idea!! I totally agree, that would make my day!! I just absolutely love that parade!

Are you thinking of WDW? There isn’t an imminent strike or contract issue at DL.

The unions were in negotiations and I haven't read anything on them settling. I know people of Anaheim are trying to get minimum wage in their city raised to $18.00 per hour put on the ballot so voters can vote on it.

I also just received my call from Carthay Circle saying that World of Color won’t be returning until further notice (so no nonsense from this CM about WOC still on but dining reservations out). I did still keep my reservation for now for a la cart, and I figure we’ll see how we feel when we start the trip.

EDIT - The thread has been retitled to something more appropriate given the ongoing uncertainty about the show's return.

Last edited:
MODERATORS - Can you move this thread to the WOC Superthread? I originally started this post several weeks ago, but don't have time to keep up with the constant changes. I don't want to mislead readers if the show doesn't actually come back on the 22nd.
You may want to change the title.

upload_2018-6-12_21-2-42.png

So, inasmuch as my 6/29 Dessert Party reservation has not yet been officially canceled, I called the dining line (twice) tonight. The first CM told me that it's MY responsibility to cancel my reservation if I know the thing won't happen. Yeah, ummm, no. If I were a general Disney-goer and not a reader of the DisBoards, I'd have had no idea the show might be canceled, and I shouldn't have to pay $316 if our thing were canceled without my knowledge. The second CM I talked to was a LITTLE more knowledgeable. She advised me to hang on, just in case, but not to hope for much. And I don't.

So, inasmuch as my 6/29 Dessert Party reservation has not yet been officially canceled, I called the dining line (twice) tonight. The first CM told me that it's MY responsibility to cancel my reservation if I know the thing won't happen. Yeah, ummm, no. If I were a general Disney-goer and not a reader of the DisBoards, I'd have had no idea the show might be canceled, and I shouldn't have to pay $316 if our thing were canceled without my knowledge...

I'd call the DINE Line again and ask for a lead to report this incident. Whenever I get a CM who gives out blatantly inaccurate information, I ask for a lead to let them know about it. Then the lead can inform the errant CM to correct any misunderstandings to make sure that other guests aren't led astray. Like you said, you had the DIS Boards, but other guests don't always know better. The leads I've spoken with have always appreciated the help. The DINE Line doesn't have a large number of CMs, so even one person giving out wrong info can create some trouble.

I'd call the DINE Line again and ask for a lead to report this incident. Whenever I get a CM who gives out blatantly inaccurate information, I ask for a lead to let them know about it. Then the lead can inform the errant CM to correct any misunderstandings to make sure that other guests aren't led astray. Like you said, you had the DIS Boards, but other guests don't always know better. The leads I've spoken with have always appreciated the help. The DINE Line doesn't have a large number of CMs, so even one person giving out wrong info can create some trouble.
Good advice, @theluckyrabbit - I'll call again tomorrow and ask for a lead. I know the time I called and the CM's name.

OK, this is really bizarre. Here we are one week from the WOC supposed return. It is still listed on the calendar for June 22. I finally cancelled my WOC Dessert Party off my reservations because Disney said they would but didn't. A small part of me is worried they are going to somehow still show WOC and I should not have cancelled my reservations.

:crazy2:

I'm with you, but I haven't cancelled my reservation, yet. The WOC thing is weird. There haven't been any formal announcements, and everything on the website still says it's coming back in late June. Perhaps they're planning on a miracle?

I was just about to post this same message. I cancelled 6/24 yesterday because it was still on my reservation. And I keep refreshing schedule to see WOC still on there in ONE week. And, the dining packages, although no dates available, still says in text: WOC returning late June.

So I'm throwing out this theory (not rumor):

Is it possible the Dessert Party section along the back railing, and maybe even some of the reserved dining area in the center, is needed for WOC queuing while PTN passes by that area up to/around 9:45 PM? At least until they know how Summer crowds will flow? Seems like a crazy bottleneck with all the queues setup outside the WOC area.

This assumes the broken component still allows part of all of the "old" show to run. Has anyone confirmed if the bay is drained right now?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter