World of Color Return?

Three or four people are saying they called back and the cm told them show still going but they are cancelling all dining and dessert. That has to be incorrect info from the cm. That would make NO sense! Disney wouldn’t give up the extra money!!

Could it be that they don't want to have the paid parties because they aren't sure if/when the show will be ready/functioning properly?

I would be disappointed if I were watching the show and it malfunctioned and ended early, or was cancelled at the last minute. But if I had paid the high price for dining/dessert party and it happened, it would be so much more upsetting.

Could it be that they don't want to have the paid parties because they aren't sure if/when the show will be ready/functioning properly?

I would be disappointed if I were watching the show and it malfunctioned and ended early, or was cancelled at the last minute. But if I had paid the high price for dining/dessert party and it happened, it would be so much more upsetting.
This would be my guess.

I had a nice chat with the CM who called me this morning, she said a "plate" broke. Apparently they already drained the lake. Her expectation was mid-August for repairs.

Hopefully they will at least refill the lake temporarily for that. I assume this plate is something that has to be manufactured, not just installed, given how long they think it will take.

I had a nice chat with the CM who called me this morning, she said a "plate" broke. Apparently they already drained the lake. Her expectation was mid-August for repairs.

hmm... lake was still the same as of Friday... a broken "plate" sounds like they would need to drain the whole lake no?

Hopefully they will at least refill the lake temporarily for that. I assume this plate is something that has to be manufactured, not just installed, given how long they think it will take.
Lake was full as of yesterday, one part of the woc contraption was out of the water but had puddling on it.

I've never seen WOC (my son can't deal with the crowd/wait), but was toying with the idea of going on the 22nd while our little guys stayed back at the hotel with Dad. I'm a bit disappointed (especially because it is just one more thing going wrong at the last minute for our trip), but I will definitely be sad if the lake is drained! I love the view!

Yes it could definitely, cancelling now will save them a lot of in park headaches if they don’t run/are anticipating a high amount of technical difficulties.

This is where all the darn conflicting info comes from! We have a CM telling a guest the lake is already drained and when it obviously is not! How the heck do they not get updated on this stuff to give out current info??? Has baffled me for years!

This is where all the darn conflicting info comes from! We have a CM telling a guest the lake is already drained and when it obviously is not! How the heck do they not get updated on this stuff to give out current info??? Has baffled me for years!
That happens all the time. At DLR and WDW in my experience. Most CMs only know about their specific little area. They can be (and often are) grossly misinformed about other aspects of the resort and parks.

When I read the PP's comment about the CM, it did not sound like they were talking to a person who knew. They were not talking to people like Jodi who called us. Jodi may not even know. She might have only been told to call. If you call on the phone Disney info, you may or may not find someone who knows something more. Most are probably just being told "there is a problem with WOC and we are cancelling things".

:wizard:

Now someone else on FB says they called and were told dining/dessert cancelled because of “crowd control” but show will still happen. That makes no sense either!!

Now someone else on FB says they called and were told dining/dessert cancelled because of “crowd control” but show will still happen. That makes no sense either!!
I suppose it is possible that Disney still hopes to get WOC going but wants to have the latitude to cancel it at the last minute. With Dessert Party folks and Reserved Dining folks, they cannot do that. So they are dropping all reservations and hoping for the best.

I hope that is true. But it is not what I have heard from people who know more than I do about the situation.

I suppose it is possible that Disney still hopes to get WOC going but wants to have the latitude to cancel it at the last minute. With Dessert Party folks and Reserved Dining folks, they cannot do that. So they are dropping all reservations and hoping for the best.

I hope that is true. But it is not what I have heard from people who know more than I do about the situation.

This is so annoying. I guess I’ll do some research about viewing WOC just in case.

That happens all the time. At DLR and WDW in my experience. Most CMs only know about their specific little area. They can be (and often are) grossly misinformed about other aspects of the resort and parks.

When I read the PP's comment about the CM, it did not sound like they were talking to a person who knew. They were not talking to people like Jodi who called us. Jodi may not even know. She might have only been told to call. If you call on the phone Disney info, you may or may not find someone who knows something more. Most are probably just being told "there is a problem with WOC and we are cancelling things".

Don't I know it!! I live 15 mins from WDW and I go many times a month and there are times when I literally hear CM's giving info that I know is incorrect. It's crazy. I just feel like if they're going to tell someone to call, they should arm them with enough info to answer questions to the best of their ability! Giving them nothing when they know people are going to ask why is insane. I know that will never change, it's how they seem to do things, but still...

geez, you should tell them that WoC and Fantasmic are switching flip flopping and the dining/dessert area cant fit that many ppl anymore. I bet they would bite that too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter