~Words/phrases that annoy you IRL or on Discussion Boards~

I just thought of one more...
YUMMY!
It just sounds so silly coming from an adult. "all the yummy food" "it was yummy", great from a 2 year old, not so great from a 30 year old.

"the wife"

"the little wife"

"the next level"

Well, I fall under the category of using a lot of things fellow DISers hate. Gosh! And I thought I was just being internet-savvy!!:lmao:

I do have a couple of things that bother me, tho:

Bump to descibe a woman's pregnant belly. Yuck! :tongue:

When someone refers to the person starting a thread simply by OP. I try to use their real name or at least their Username or simply no name at all. OP sounds so cold, to me.

Prolly bugs me but I can't hate it because my sons use it ALL the time so I guess I can say I tolerate it!!:rolleyes:

OMG!!!1!!!!1!!!!

You just named the all time, Big Kahuna, Queen Mother of internet abbreviations that drives me totally batfeces. (Though it would be funny--once or twice--if a guy uttered it. It's just such a maddeningly, stereotypically effeminate phrase.)

Just thought of another one I loathe completely and utterly: "Baby daddy". Again, one of the 1,000,001 reasons I hate hip hop and everything it coarsens.

When someone refers to the person starting a thread simply by OP. I try to use their real name or at least their Username or simply no name at all. OP sounds so cold, to me.

That used to bug me too, until I realized that a lot of posters won't know who you are talking about if you use the original poster's screen-name, especially on a long thread. So, I started using it, and now it doesn't bother me, even if I'm the one referred to as "OP."

I've never heard of grandbabies until I read it on the CB, so I guess it is only in American English.

We use Grandchild or Grandchildren here. :)
Fairydust - what is wrong with grandbabies? I don't have grandchildren or even children, but that word sounds perfectly normal to me :confused:. Maybe it's a difference in American English and British English.

I also hate to see Period at the end of a sentence...isn't the full stop enough?

Way wicked or Way cool grates my nerves too! :p

GG, I would of typed OTT in full but there was not enough room when I posted! ;)

KRISTATX - I think you were right with your theory :) However I think it only works if the whole post is in capitals - I'll test below...

I agree with the posters who said that just posting a link as a reply is quite cold - as is a one word answer I think. I know a poster on another site who does this so often "What is that place in the Polynesian with the skewers called?" "'Ohana". It's probably been asked a thousand times before, but it wouldn't hurt to "'Ohana - it's really good too, my family enjoyed it!"

I never understood the posts where all the words are capitalized - doesn't it take a long time to capitalize every single word in a long post? I've seen some pretty long ones...

:sunny:

You have all covered mine...

But IRL? My college students throw in "I'm not going to lie" after they say most anything that could be the slightest bit confessional or offensive. It drives me nuts!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter