~Words/phrases that annoy you IRL or on Discussion Boards~

Fairy Dust

<font color=deeppink>*~*~*~*~*~*<br><font color=te
My husband and I were discussing tonight how we really dislike how we are often referred to as Brits nowadays.

...so my first abbreviation I (and my DH) really hate is Brit, instead of British.

Cindys
Ressies
Pressies
Piccies
Furbabies
Grandbabies

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit
You owe me a new monitor
I just spewed *insert drink* on my screen

As Arnie says: I'll be back...next person please...! ;)

I don't like "ressies" either. Or "Cindy's" - I prefer CRT as the abbreviation for that restaurant.

Furbabies I LOVE.:love:

KWIM - that one drives me a little nuts.;)

And recently, IRL - "not so much" - it's every freakin' where! I'm tired of it already.

Prolly is one of my personal pet peeves

How about...

Newbie or Newby(???)
OMG!!!1!!!!1!!!!
LOL! LOL!
smokes / cigs
Embies / Frosties (grr.... from IVF boards!)

And can we create a rule on all message boards where someone who posts a question that is already a sticky at the top -- it automatically deletes??? How many of these posts have we seen: "I'm new here. Can someone explain the dining plan?" when there is a TON of information right on the same exact screen! :confused: :confused: :confused:

WE are pregnant.
Don't like preggo or kiddos either.
Ressies, vaca , and trippy annoy me.
For some reason when people discribe something as being "a breeze", it irritates me.
Using the term "wreck" to describe an accident. Where I come from if you wrecked your car, it's a write off. On the Dis, wreck describes any accident, no matter the magnitude.

Guess I am in a bad mood. I didn't know so many things bugged me..

At the end of the day.
When people say "hello" at the end of a sentence.
Think outside the box.
My bad.

I have never heard "prolly" in real life, but have heard it named here on the DIS as a most annoying word. I also cringe at "ressie".

I hate preggo, preggers, kiddos. I also hate when people type R U, instead of are you? How hard is it to type a few more letters?

I actually like "ressies" I think it's cute!

IRL, I hate it when people say at the end of the sentence "for real". Like "the mall was busy this weekend, for real". What's the point of it?

IRL, I hate it when people say at the end of the sentence "for real". Like "the mall was busy this weekend, for real". What's the point of it?

Yes, but it's generally pronounced "fer rill." Drives me nuts too.;)

WE are pregnant.
Don't like preggo or kiddos either.
Ressies, vaca , and trippy annoy me.
For some reason when people discribe something as being "a breeze", it irritates me.
Using the term "wreck" to describe an accident. Where I come from if you wrecked your car, it's a write off. On the Dis, wreck describes any accident, no matter the magnitude.

Guess I am in a bad mood. I didn't know so many things bugged me..

Oh man, don't get me started on DIS...

All the DRAMA... People FREAKING OUT because they couldn't get in to CRT and they now think their 2 year old won't love them anymore....
FREAKING OUT because POP is sold out for their dates...
FREAKING OUT because a room code hasn't come out... or they didn't get a PIN code...
If FREE DINING didn't come out, I think the DIS servers would have caught fire from all the ANGRY POSTS from those who were demanding something that was never promised...

Sort of one that was already said:
I was in a wreck.
Sounds hillbilly to me, as does, "busting" something, like I was carrying my groceries in and the bag busted.
I MUCH prefer to hear I was in a car accident or The bag broke/ripped.

Where is he at?
<shudder> No "at" at the end of a sentence please!!!

"see what I'm saying"

I also hate when people call their parents my old man or old lady, and it's 100 times worse when some man is calling his significant other his old lady. Yuck.

Online, nothing really bugs me that I can recall.
Furbabies is sort of lame, but I don't cringe when I hear it.
Ressies, preggo, etc I'm fine with.

Basically, anything cutesy drives me nuts, like siggie, ressie, peeps (meaning "people"), etc.

I don't like it when people describe themselves as "pooh sized." Let's call it what it is - overweight. Not that I'm judging, I struggle with my weight myself. But I think "pooh sized" tries to make a serious health condition sound cute.

I also dislike when people call their kids a "prince" or a "princess." That bugs me!!

On the DIS, some of the ones already mentioned are irritating at times. IRL, I can't stand when people (including DH) say "Mickey D's" - don't ask me why, it just makes me nuts! Why does everything have to be abbreviated when people are speaking to each other?? I can understand using shorthand when you're typing on a message board, but come on!

Oh, I've recently been seeing some folk here typing "brekkie" instead of breakfast...too cutesy for me. I second the ban on "Hello!?!" at the end of a sentence - I tell my DD that it's like saying..."Moron!!" She's 8 so that really cracks her up!

:sunny:

Oh no-I use "ressies" all the time! :eek: Prolly kind of bugs me.
Karen

I hate the abbreviations 'knottie' and 'nestie' at the moment - after the websites.

I also hate it when people use text language when typing.

This is a bit OT, but I HATE it when Paula Abdul gets up and dances to the contestants on American Idol - makes me want to smack the TV.

Oh, and what is a prolly?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter