Wish Good Luck and Pixie Dust to Z2H - WDW College Program decision day?

ZTH, phooey on Disney for messing up like that!!!! You would have been awesome in that program. They totally goofed in not picking you. It's their loss.

Have fun planning your trip! It's always exciting to get things rolling on the next trip!!!

Thanks, everyone, for your incredible support, love, and encouragement! She really felt it yesterday...

She got "the word" via phone from DH literally as our bus was pulling into our stop in NYC - so she was disappointed, but we soon were busy shopping, eating, and having fun in the lovely winter wonderland of a lightly snowing (then!) pre-Christmas midtown NYC. We were with one of her best friends and her mom, so that also helped a lot.

We all know she'd be one of the most enthusiastic, knowledgable, mature, and responsible college program members Disney has EVER had, so it is a little confusing why they'd not include her - when they seem to have an issue with choosing some kids who suddenly decide just not to show up for work, leave abruptly, and generally get into trouble in WDW. Oh, well. She has another attempt to sharpen up whatever is holding her back in the application process (?) so she can wow them next time and will have fun during her/our vacation trips there in the meantime.

She was posting to and reading your kind messages on the DIS last night while on the bus home, using my tiny iPod touch, and it really helped her focus on the positive - she's such a great kid! :hug:

Sorry it didn't happen this time, but best of luck for next time!!!

And you didn't let anyone down, we were all pulling for you to get in!! They are the ones who are missing out!

We all know she'd be one of the most enthusiastic, knowledgable, mature, and responsible college program members Disney has EVER had, so it is a little confusing why they'd not include her

Very well said! I totally agree. I'm glad you'll be trying again. It's a shame you can't use letters of reference from all us DISers - we are their target audience - we should have some input in who they hire!

Hahaha - maybe I'll try that next time! It seemed to work for college...

And the trip has been booked!!! May 27th - June 1st, 2010. Lou even consented to do the Keys to the Kingdom Tour! :woohoo:

The Keys to the Kingdom Tour is awesome!!! We did it last January. DH wasn't real enthusiastic about us going on the tour, but I think he enjoyed it the most!

DH and I both really enbjoyed the Keys to the Kingdom tour. Have a great time. I will be up in Orlando for the 28 and 29 I expect as that is the dates of the Orlando Scrapbook Expo in Orlando at the Gaylord Palms(right beside Disney). I will have to see if we can meet up.

Rebecca

DH and I both really enbjoyed the Keys to the Kingdom tour. Have a great time. I will be up in Orlando for the 28 and 29 I expect as that is the dates of the Orlando Scrapbook Expo in Orlando at the Gaylord Palms(right beside Disney). I will have to see if we can meet up.

Rebecca
Oh neat! That would be fun. :)

You don't have to if it's a hassle though - we'll be seeing each other in August at breakfast, don't forget!

Oh neat! That would be fun. :)

You don't have to if it's a hassle though - we'll be seeing each other in August at breakfast, don't forget!

It won't be a big deal- I would just have to figure out things once the classes come out. I will at least be going for a day and could meet up with you in the evening. Literally the Gaylord Palms exit is in the middle of the Disney exits- once there it is easy to get to Disney- last year I went on Friday and would have stopped at Disney on my way back (it costs me nothing as my AP takes care of getting in and parking) except that I had to get back to help with a church dinner.

Rebecca

Hahaha - maybe I'll try that next time! It seemed to work for college...

And the trip has been booked!!! May 27th - June 1st, 2010. Lou even consented to do the Keys to the Kingdom Tour! :woohoo:

What, you aren't coming to my DsS's graduation? Well, let me re-state that... can I come with you? :rotfl: You know... DsS would even chose Disney over sitting around for some "stupid" piece of rolled up paper! He was telling that to my mom yesterday!

You are going the end of May, we are going the end of June..so make sure that place is **** and span for us!! Hey, I think you are going to be down there the same time as SIOH!!!!

I also got letters from DCP.
I could not reach it at this time:sad1:

I wanted to be it. Like people here, I LOVE disney.
I'm Japanese and worked at Tokyo Disney Land before for a one year as part-time job.
That's was amazing and wonderful.

I came to USA for also Disney Program.
Now I'm very sad, but don't give up, so I'll smile*:)

Well, People who don't get acceptance at this time will get next time because Mickey extended to give us Big Big HUG.

What, you aren't coming to my DsS's graduation? Well, let me re-state that... can I come with you? :rotfl: You know... DsS would even chose Disney over sitting around for some "stupid" piece of rolled up paper! He was telling that to my mom yesterday!

You are going the end of May, we are going the end of June..so make sure that place is **** and span for us!! Hey, I think you are going to be down there the same time as SIOH!!!!

:rotfl2: You are welcome to come! I hope you don't mind Everest, because we're going to try to beat our record of 3 times in a row.

I'll tell the custodians to clean up their act for you - otherwise they'll be in trouble! And hahah, the DIS thought you said a bad word.

If we are there at the same time as Brooke, that would be cool! I'll have to ask when she gets back!

I'm Japanese and worked at Tokyo Disney Land before for a one year as part-time job.

Well, People who don't get acceptance at this time will get next time because Mickey extended to give us Big Big HUG.

I'm sorry you didn't get in too, but I'm glad you're going to try again as well!

I bet working at Tokyo Disneyland will definitely help next time too!

:rotfl2: You are welcome to come! I hope you don't mind Everest, because we're going to try to beat our record of 3 times in a row.

I'll tell the custodians to clean up their act for you - otherwise they'll be in trouble! And hahah, the DIS thought you said a bad word.

If we are there at the same time as Brooke, that would be cool! I'll have to ask when she gets back!

Wow! When did s.p.i.c. become a bad word.... :confused::confused3 How funny!!! Maybe it has a hidden meaning this mom doesn't know!

LOL. It *is* a bad word. Racial slur. I'm glad that you've never heard it before!

That's a great time to go! Our anniversary is May 25, so we went for our honeymoon and 1 year anniversary right around that exact time. You get there before the brutal hotter-than-the-surface-of-the-sun heat and before the really heavy crowds of summer.

I'll text you.

That WDW is still offering those kind of discounts for the first half of year, there is still a chance I may get something decent for August.

AWM, when are you going to be there? When we are there for SDV maybe?!

yes, he wants them to run Christmas morning

absofrigginlutely NOT!!!!

Well, I have good news and bad news. Good news is that I am still going to Disney... bad news is that I am not going to be working there. I got the tiny letter today, said my dad. But I am not that upset, since I did want to use my pincode and this way I don't have to cancel all my classes next semester and put my life on hold.

I am sorry that all of you were so eagerly anticipating good news... I feel like I let all my Dis-aunts down.:grouphug:

ZtH, you did NOT let your DIS aunts down. You are a great kid who is doing great in school. That is all we ask of you. Mom may ask you make your bed now and then, but if you give me all A's I'd let that slide. ;)

Disney obviously don't know what they overlooked. :hug:

Sorry you weren't selected either. :hug:

ZtH, you did NOT let your DIS aunts down. You are a great kid who is doing great in school. That is all we ask of you. Mom may ask you make your bed now and then, but if you give me all A's I'd let that slide. ;)

I got 3 As and 1 A-, does that count? :woohoo:

Our anniversary is the 26th (15 years in 2010!!). I've been trying to talk DH into going down then (especially if it's Star Wars weekend - for him, not so much for me), but he won't go for it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter