• Yes he will post

• No he won't post

• He's gone?

• What happened?

• Huh?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a long standing joke. There's a picture here somewhere of PP (polynesianpixie) dressed up as a nun. :happytv:

Why do I suddenly feel the need to defend my honor? :rotfl:

I'm an actress. I played Sister Mary Amnesia in Nunsense. It remains to be one of my most favorite roles ever. Anyway, it's an amusing picture, I guess. What's really funny is Rog as a monk!:lmao:

Hi PolynesianPixie, I do plan on visiting the Fort this year and probably do the Back Yard BBQ or the Camp Fire Singalong. I want to explore some of the loops too. We are planning on staying at the Fort in December of 2009. We've never been to Disney during Christmas time. On that trip I'll get APs and make another trip or two in 2010. After that I'll be a Fort veteran. LOL

I think unless Disney gets off the money grabbing obsession and returns the DDP to its former self we wont be doing it again after this year even if it's free. I enjoyed it but just takes too much planning and intefers with the fun of just aimlessly roaming the parks anymore.

Oh and I'll still be lurking around here some too. Thanks, Joe

Me as a monk..........its just downright SACRILEGIOUS!!! me as a monkee....just simple nature!!!!
Gorilla-Silverback21.jpg

Hi PolynesianPixie, I do plan on visiting the Fort this year and probably do the Back Yard BBQ or the Camp Fire Singalong. I want to explore some of the loops too. We are planning on staying at the Fort in December of 2009. We've never been to Disney during Christmas time. On that trip I'll get APs and make another trip or two in 2010. After that I'll be a Fort veteran. LOL

I think unless Disney gets off the money grabbing obsession and returns the DDP to its former self we wont be doing it again after this year even if it's free. I enjoyed it but just takes too much planning and intefers with the fun of just aimlessly roaming the parks anymore.

Oh and I'll still be lurking around here some too. Thanks, Joe

Good! I'd hate for you to give up on the Fort and all of us!!!! The BBQ was a lot of fun~I learned some new dances!!!! Plus, there is nothing like the campfire and movie!

More fun with photos:

I look better as a Michealangelo than I do in real life :thumbsup2

mom004-2-1.jpg

I really should clean my house, but this is so much more fun!

How would it drive out long term campers? I mean, unless they're staying in a wide spot of course. All the long term campers have to do is not stay in wide spots if they don't want to pay the extra cost.

I'm sure they have plans on driving all the spots up. Over Christmas this year they are charging $82 + for a night in the tent area.....crock of crapiola.

I'm sure they have plans on driving all the spots up. Over Christmas this year they are charging $82 + for a night in the tent area.....crock of crapiola.

Thats crazy. I love camping but thats high for a tent site. For another 10 to 20 bucks a night you can have a bed/ac/heat and not hike to the bathroom.

Except that it's the same or cheaper than any of the other campsites in Orlando. That's just the going rate unfortunately, sign of the times...lol

you are paying for the convenience to being near disney. I'm not willing to pay for that, and i'm sure others are doing the same. I'm voting with my $$$

Yeah, everything is going up.......

I am flying to WDW tomorrow :-)cool1: :banana: :dance3: et cetera) and bookending my DVC stay with a Cabin at FW. I have to have my "fix" after all.

The cabins are crazy expensive IMO for what you get, but how else can I indulge in Golf Cart/Peacock/Otter dreams.......... :confused3

I'm sure others are deciding not to stay at the Fort, but honestly, it costs just as much to camp anywhere else in Orlando. I would rather pay the same amount and stay at the Fort then stay somewhere else.

That being said, the Fort is packed all the time now, so it's obvious that people are willing to pay the price. I wish the prices weren't going up either, but prices will always go up, it's inflation. Prices are never going to go down, I wish it worked that way...lol.

disney raised their rates higher than the current rate of inflation. don't kid yourself on the fort always being full. midweek in the fall, the place was like a ghost town. they're fooling themselves if they think they can raise rates at an accelerated rates and not see empty sites. you will always have people that will stay at any price, but when the cost of a site gets near the price of a hotel room, we'll stay in the hotel room, and screw disney. they already have lost a few thousand dollars of my money they got last year.

Well, Disney for a long time now has raised their rates higher than inflation. And the hotel rooms go up as well, so I doubt you'll see anytime that the Fort costs as much as a hotel room (although the All Star is about the same price, but I'll take the Fort over the All Star any day of the week).

And yes, it's not ALWAYS full, but to be honest, even when prices were cheaper, it wasn't always full then either. Disney hasn't seen a decline in attendance since about 2003, if anything, it continues to skyrocket. Why do you think they raise the rates? Because they know people will pay it. Doesn't make it right, nor do I like it either, but I'll still go. It all depends on your priorities really. I'm not rich, nor do I throw away money, but I love Disney, and I love the Fort. I love it so much I'm willing to pay the price. I guess I'm one of those people Disney knows will pay.

Sorry to see that it has caused you not to go as much, that is never a good thing. However, if Disney actually thought this would hurt them, I doubt they would be doing it.

disney raised their rates higher than the current rate of inflation. don't kid yourself on the fort always being full. midweek in the fall, the place was like a ghost town. they're fooling themselves if they think they can raise rates at an accelerated rates and not see empty sites. you will always have people that will stay at any price, but when the cost of a site gets near the price of a hotel room, we'll stay in the hotel room, and screw disney. they already have lost a few thousand dollars of my money they got last year.

Gatordad,

Just wait.....prices will come down. We are headed into a recession. Oil Bubble is gonna burst too, Wall Street Banks will fail.....tourism will die down....

and the Florida locals will benefit (jealous).

Patience.

Regards,

Gatordad,

Just wait.....prices will come down. We are headed into a recession. Oil Bubble is gonna burst too, Wall Street Banks will fail.....tourism will die down....

and the Florida locals will benefit (jealous).

Patience.

Regards,

they will discount the hell out of it to get the fl residents to go. and the smart ones will continue to stay away if they've found a suitable replacement.

Ya know....it seems like Disney depends on the FL residents to pull them through the rough times by tempting them with killer Fl Res Discounts and AP, but those are the people their willing to bend over first when things are good...seems to me like you shouldnt be biting the hand that feeds you when theres not much to eat.

ultimately they don't give a darn because there are a lot of disney marks that roam the earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter