Why doesn't family ask for advice before they book?

That's hard because with some planning they could have a better time. With more planning they could do almost everything!

My husband and I took a short trip while I was pregnant and we didn't plan anything and so many things could've gone better. For instance we stayed at Coronado Springs, knowing absolutely nothing about it. It's a very huge property and in my mind not very Disney like. Wish we had chosen something else. Also, we made no dining reservations and that was very difficult. The day we went to Epcot those absolutely no where to eat and we ended up having baguettes for dinner. We also did not use any fast passes. I was pregnant so we could not do a lot of rides, but some I still could do but still we did zero fast passes. A little bit more planning would've gone a long way.

Thanks for the reply!

I do think that one issue is that they have absolutely NO idea how huge Disney World is. I mean, there are many things I've never done (Kali River Rapids is one by choice; I don't want to get possibly soaked in a sundress!).

Also, they are cheap. Plain and simple. They are millionaires (seriously), but cheap to a fault. That is one reason they don't take vacations. So they booked the Holiday Inn (which if it's the Disney Springs one, I would totally stay at, as it looks fine for a short trip when I won't use the room other than sleep), but I don't know what Holiday Inn they booked!

I think they think it's just the Magic Kingdom, and they can show up, at spring break, with no plans, drive there and park (not knowing the area as they've never been to Orlando as adults).

I so wish they had asked my help, and I could have planned it for them (I've planned Disney trips for others, including a group of 10 that I was the "tour guide" for at 25, when a group of my dad's business associates came over from Japan. I had printed itinerary for our daily plans, all rides and meals planned out). I would have put them on site for a first trip, told them they need a week with some down time, etc.... Now I'll just let the chips fall, but I feel bad for their son. It will likely be his only trip there (or anywhere "fun" for a kid), as they will likely hate it.
Can you plan my trip? Seriously where were you this vacay lol. We had a great time but didn't do half the stuff we thought of because of my disability and other stuff. But if I didn't come here and research, I'd hate it. Instead I'm planning to go again with my whole family. So can you please help plan this trip lol!

When family doesn't want the help, it's hard and hurts to step aside. Let them see for themselves and maybe they will go again and ask for help. So many things are wrong with their plan.

Shades of green is a nicer resort and on Disney property and for veterans and their guests only. They pick them up first at the bus stop. Happened to us twice while waiting for the Wyndham bus and then Pop. They can get awesome packages cheaper than buying at rack with shuttle so no parking fees.

Even with reservations, BOG was full and I had to wait in pain for a while with the kids. And spring break was crowded but seemed normal because I'm in a city of 8 million and more every year hehe. We didn't mind but unless you're used to it, that's a big turn off.

I never plan anything. I get fast passes and that is it. I have been going since 1991 and my wife since the early 70's. For those who don't plan I can give you great advice as the way we do things has always and continues to work for us... and it is simple do exactly the opposite of the planners and you will find the true meaning of short lines and walk up TS or an ADR that day or an hour before.. So I do thank all of you planners for planning and for spreading the importance of plans and making my trips truly awesome and stress free.... and no this is not a joke... Everyone vacations different and the day I need to plan all that for a Disney vacation is the day I will no longer go.

I never plan anything. I get fast passes and that is it. I have been going since 1991 and my wife since the early 70's. For those who don't plan I can give you great advice as the way we do things has always and continues to work for us... and it is simple do exactly the opposite of the planners and you will find the true meaning of short lines and walk up TS or an ADR that day or an hour before.. So I do thank all of you planners for planning and for spreading the importance of plans and making my trips truly awesome and stress free.... and no this is not a joke... Everyone vacations different and the day I need to plan all that for a Disney vacation is the day I will no longer go.

My trips are that way as well. Matter of fact, I never schedule a fast pass before lunchtime, so I can take my time in the morning.

I do, however, prefer to stay on site for the convenience (although I've had several off site trips that were super fun). I like utilizing Disney's transportation, especially if I want to have a drink at the parks.

We were able to walk up to Skipper's Canteen for lunch, and it was such a lovely break, last trip. Amazing food too! I felt bad that they didn't know some of the less busy or popular places to grab a really tasty meal; she said the food they had was awful. I do have to admit, the burgers for the most part at Disney are not very tasty (at counter service places), so I avoid them (especially when there is such good and inexpensive food at many counter service places). I would have at least provided them with a little list of places they may want to look into for meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter