Why do I torture myself?

DWFamilyof6

Mouseketeer
Love waking up to such a great uplifting email from TP. I received two updated park crowds predictions at 12:30 am and 1:20 am. My end of Feb to beginning of March trip went from 4s and 6s crowd predictions to 8s, 9s and 10s. Explain to me how that even makes sense? Why have crowd predictions 6 mo out if less than two months your going to change them to a 10. At this point I'm second guessing why didn't I just choose spring break? At least it would be 10s with much longer park hours.
Just looking for some moral support here, lol!

It must have changed for every week. I see lots of reports. My week, that covers end of January and beginning of February is now significantly higher CLs.

Love waking up to such a great uplifting email from TP. I received two updated park crowds predictions at 12:30 am and 1:20 am. My end of Feb to beginning of March trip went from 4s and 6s crowd predictions to 8s, 9s and 10s. Explain to me how that even makes sense?

Either the wind changed directions, this time the coin came up heads instead of tails, or the Magic 8 ball gave a new reading. :rotfl2:

Yeah, we4e in FL for two weeks in March and I picked the earlier one for WDW to avoid the peak crowds. TP is now calling for marginally higher crowds that first week! (Almost the same, but at least one day stayed a 6 the second week...) Oh well, 0lans are set, I got my FPs, we’ll make it work.

I am expecting a blog post from them explaining, though, since it’s such a widespread and large update. I know the calendars aren’t perfect (they got our last trip pretty wrong!) but I’ve been holding out hope they were better than a dart board. Less sure by the day!

We've done over 50 trips through the years. We've gone when we want to go. We were at the 4th of July celebration at the Millenium and I doubt if it can get any more crowded then at that time. We've done Thanksgiving and Christmas weeks, too.

Anyway, we are not bothered by the crowds. As long as you utilize extra magic hours, events that give you more park time and park hop it should be fine no matter what. Worse to worse, enjoy more shows which are easier to get into.

We always get our 3 advance fastpasses done early; so, we can try for additional
Fastpasses. Recently, we heard someone doing 21 fastpasses in a day that was reported here on the boards. I can't boast doing more that 10, but it shows with due diligence you can really accomplish a lot with getting fastpasses.

Last edited:
Bottom line is they are always just guesses. They are never guarantees.

Make your plan and go with it. Unless you have 100% flexibility in finances and scheduling, you can’t just change every time there is an adjustment in their guesses.

We've done over 50 trips through the years. We've gone when we want to go. We were at the 4th of July celebration at the Millenium and I doubt if it can get any more crowded then at that time. We've done Thanksgiving and Christmas weeks, too.

Anyway, we are not bothered by the crowds. As long as you utilize extra magic hours, events that give you more park time and park hop it should be fine no matter what. Worse to worse, enjoy more shows which are easier to get into.

We always get our 3 advance fastpasses done early; so, we can try for additional
Fastpasses. Recently, we heard someone doing 21 fastpasses in a day that was reported here on the boards. I can't boast doing more that 10, but it shows with due diligence you can really accomplish a lot with getting fastpasses.

Yup. This is how we feel too.

Thanks for the positive thoughts. My plan is to FP and FP and FP. However, since I added FPs last week I’ve not been able to see them or adjust them from my app. It’s always down or having difficulty. I’m hoping once we are in the park it will be better but definitely not giving a good feeling for adding FPS.

Thanks for the positive thoughts. My plan is to FP and FP and FP. However, since I added FPs last week I’ve not been able to see them or adjust them from my app. It’s always down or having difficulty. I’m hoping once we are in the park it will be better but definitely not giving a good feeling for adding FPS.

Barring some system issue, which I know has happened recently, you should be fine. We typically go through 7-10 FP+ in a 6 hour time period, depending how hard we try. This holds true even for very, very busy weeks.

Bottom line is they are always just guesses. They are never guarantees.

Make your plan and go with it. Unless you have 100% flexibility in finances and scheduling, you can’t just change every time there is an adjustment in their guesses.
I understand they aren’t guaranteed, but they shouldn’t be “guessing”. There should be some sort of science behind it. And, I feel like they should have a better idea of cohesiveness from 6mo, 5 mo, 3 mo to 52 days out and so on. Is it just blank amount of FPS are gone so far so we’ll up the crowns predictions...

We went in July 2018, know what, have not a clue what any "crowd calendar" number was, no idea what the "rain chance for each day was" and had a great time. Rode almost everything we wanted, had a great time.

::yes:: :thumbsup2 Same with us. I'll take it even one step further. In addition to the above, we also had no clue what parks had EMH, ABC, XYZ on any given day..with one exception. My kids wanted to try EMH once just to see what it was all about, so we had one day where we knew. While it was fine, it was not all that impressive, so we're right back to our blissful ignorance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter