Who's going in February?

I've been monitoring Southwest flights for two months in anticipation of our trip 2/23 - 3/1, and they've constantly stayed at $196 per person each way. Tuesday, it went up to $293 each way. We have 4 people going... and all of a sudden it's $800 more.

Guess we'll get over flying Southwest and do Delta or something. Sigh.

I don't know about American companies,but here in Canada the prices can change at the drop of a hat.I got into the routine of checking in the early morning,afternoon and late at night.One night a great price popped up for the preemo route and times.I snapped it up.I have never seen that price again....even on the seat sales.
Of course I only had flights to DL for a few weeks:beach: and then a seat sale popped up and I bought our return tickets.:sad1:
I would hold out a little longer for your SW flights and keep checking every day.Sending some pixie dust your way pixiedust:

Just make sure you search for exactly how many tickets you need. If you hit the back button to make changes.....your sale may disappear:teleport:

Okay fellow February friends (I love alliteration :rotfl:) I have a what would you do question. We bought the Costco tickets and are booked from Feb. 9-12 at BWPPI. While none of the closures during our week is a deal-killer in and of itself, the totality is frustrating. We have been early February before and like the crowd level and the weather is often nice. We are considering changing our dates to March 8 or 9-12 (would have to return Costco tix). This will be our first trip to Disneyland in 4 or 5 years- so the girls (now 12 & 14) are at a whole new level of what they will like. At first we were thinking of upgrading to passes in February and going back so it was okay to miss so much, but with older parents who rely on us and a dog who needs to be babysat if we are gone this is probably not a good choice. That option would cost $700 for passes upgrade plus each trip would cost a minimum of $600- so instead of that we thought we should just make this one trip super amazing.... if we go that route, it will probably be our only trip for another 2 years or so.

Okay here are pros and cons of moving to March:

Pros: Girls have March 11 & 12 off of school for furlough days, instead of just 2/11; Fantasmic, Mad Tea Party, Its a Small World will be on in March

Cons: It will cost $144 more for tickets, the room will cost about $145 more for all 4 nights if we stay at PPI, if we change to Stovall's cost is the same but smaller room, we don't know refurbs for early March- what if something amazing is scheduled to be down? (when will we know?)

and then...because I must be partially crazy...I started thinking if we moved to March and travel on Friday instead of Saturday (adding a day) we would have to pay $130 for the room or so...but just what if we didn't make that our first day in the parks (giving us 1/2 a day more Disney fun) and instead went to either the Pirates show or Medieval Times.... We have never done anything like that- it is so expensive just to get to LA that we often just jam pack the park experience into 3 days and come home exhausted. We had Universal Studios passes this year and that is what we did- left the Valley at 7, got to the park by mid-afternoon and stayed till closing, got up had fun opening to closing the next day, did a 1/2 day sightseeing the 3rd day and then came home.

Okay I know this is heck of long, so if you have stayed with me thru it- THANKS!!:love: What do you think? Am I missing something? What would you do? :confused3

I wish I could offer some insight into your dilema.My trip is completely non-refundable as I rented points for our stay at the GCV.I wish that Fantasmic would be on when we were there....but it's not.I didn't get to see it last time either.
Disneyland now has 3 day ph's for $220 valid till March 11 so that would fall into your dates if you change.
The Y.E.S. program offers greatly reduced ph's for everyone in your party if you sign someone up for one of their classes.They do have classes on the 8th and 9th of Feb.Not sure about March.My dd who is 11 will be taking a physics class(all about rides and rollercoasters at DCA) and then a Designing a Disney story board at DL. They are three hrs. each.It looks like a five day hopper is $235 including the class which I think would be a once in a lifetime experience and certainly a different memory of DL.....and that price would be for everyone in your party...not just the kids.
Here is a link
http://www.disneyyouth.com/our-programs/education/sp/individual-enrollment

I've been monitoring Southwest flights for two months in anticipation of our trip 2/23 - 3/1, and they've constantly stayed at $196 per person each way. Tuesday, it went up to $293 each way. We have 4 people going... and all of a sudden it's $800 more.

Guess we'll get over flying Southwest and do Delta or something. Sigh.

Try clearing your history. Sometimes they'll up the price if they see that you've been searching that flight a lot.

I just booked our flights! We're going from February 26th-March 2nd! I'm still figuring out where we are staying. I *want* to stay at the DLH (where we stayed last time) but I"m having a hard time justifying the cost since it will be too cool to really enjoy the pool and water slides. I'm looking at the Park Vue Inn instead since it is so close to the main entrance. We've never stayed there before but I really like the location.

I wish I could offer some insight into your dilema.My trip is completely non-refundable as I rented points for our stay at the GCV.I wish that Fantasmic would be on when we were there....but it's not.I didn't get to see it last time either.
Disneyland now has 3 day ph's for $220 valid till March 11 so that would fall into your dates if you change.
The Y.E.S. program offers greatly reduced ph's for everyone in your party if you sign someone up for one of their classes.They do have classes on the 8th and 9th of Feb.Not sure about March.My dd who is 11 will be taking a physics class(all about rides and rollercoasters at DCA) and then a Designing a Disney story board at DL. They are three hrs. each.It looks like a five day hopper is $235 including the class which I think would be a once in a lifetime experience and certainly a different memory of DL.....and that price would be for everyone in your party...not just the kids.
Here is a link
http://www.disneyyouth.com/our-programs/education/sp/individual-enrollment

Thanks Susie- looks like after Feb 9 it doesn't happen until March 30- but I bookmarked the site because I had never heard of it before and it seems really neat. I guess if they would just release the Year of Enchantment info or update refurb list to March I would have an easier time deciding. From today it is either 2 months or 3 though- either way is awesome! If anyone else has input or advice- I'd love to hear it :wizard:

We will be going from January 29 - February 1. Staying at the Super 8 and going with some exteneded family. Should be lots of fun. :cool1:

Woohoo! Booked my flights today. Departing 2/23, returning 3/1. OKC - DEN - SNA and the reverse course for the way back. The trip is starting to feel a little more real now that we've dropped some REAL dough... the $200 deposit wasn't real enough, apparently. :)

Big Thunder Mountain Refurb is confirmed as well as a few new entries on the refurb list now

Jan. 7  Oct. 30, 2013: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad will be closed for refurbishment.
Feb. 25  March 7, 2013: Goofys Playhouse will be closed for refurbishment.
Jan. 7  March 28, 2013: Main Street Train Station will be closed for refurbishment.
Feb. 2628, 2013: Star Tours will operate at reduced capacity due to refurbishment.

http://media.disneywebcontent.com/S...c/pdf/D-MailPDF/IntlDmailDLRefurbishments.pdf

Looks like we'll be going in February also. Feb 3 - 5 at either Desert Inn (if my parent go) or Anaheim Plaza (if they don't).

I'm taking 3 kids back Feb 13-16. Spending Vday at the parks. Now to figure out hotels. We are blocked out Feb 16 so hoping to find a good pool maybe inside if the weather is cooler?

I nearly had a heart attack when I saw Star Tours on the list. Luckily we'll also be there the 23, 24, and 25, but still! I'm a huge SW nerd... In fact, I just looked over at my desk at work and realized I have a picture of me and my brother's faces on Anakin/Obi-Wan's bodies up here that I had done when I was 18. :)

we are taking my daughter for her 11th birthday the 5th to the 9th. we were suppose to go last year for double digits but.....her cheer team made it to Jr nationalsin march so we did that instead. I just finished final details for her birthday trip this year and guess what we will be going back to back months! they made it again.

My family and I will be staying at the Disneyland Hotel. We were considering off-site or PP but figured its a one-time trip for the kids and we should stay at the most historic hotel. Thanks everyone for all the great info! It really helped us plan!!

I booked through AAA and saved a few hundred dollars off the Disney quoted price. I believe it worked out to be about 11 or 12%.

We were in Disneyland a couple of years ago but we went as a day trip from San Diego so we weren't totally immersed but we know what to expect compared to WDW. I'm looking forward to seeing the look on my 3 year old sons face when he goes into Cars land for the first time!

Once again thanks for all the great info!!:cool1:

We should be there Feb 8-11th. Havent booked a hotel yet; hoping for a HoJos retro deal to pop up.

I noticed the Main Street Train Station is on the list of closures, does that mean no Lilly Belle?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter