Who's going in February?

:confused3 Is Lincoln's birthday a holiday? I am so confused as to why the weekend should be a 9:scared1:.Are the previous weekends all the same?My dd is enrolled in the Y.E.S. program on friday and saturday so we will not get an early start those days.

It is for some schools, not all. It is not a holiday for most parents. I can not figure why they think the park will be so crowded... That is when I am going, been there right before Presidents weekend before and found few people so this is not making much sense to me...

It is for some schools, not all. It is not a holiday for most parents. I can not figure why they think the park will be so crowded... That is when I am going, been there right before Presidents weekend before and found few people so this is not making much sense to me...

I hope that's the case again!!

Just did a search on google, and there is a lot of conventions going on in feb, at the Anaheim convention center.

Feb 2nd through the 5th
Feb 12 through the 14th
Feb 21st through the 24th
Feb 14th through 16th
Feb 27th through march 3rd
Feb 19th through 22nd

As you can see all these times there is stuff going on at the convention center in Anaheim. Some days they have 2 different events overlapping. This is why motels are hard to Come by. Glad my parents are Disney vacation club members, so we can use their points to stay at Disney hotel, and not worry bout finding a hotel, during this time

Just did a search on google, and there is a lot of conventions going on in feb, at the Anaheim convention center.

Feb 2nd through the 5th
Feb 12 through the 14th
Feb 21st through the 24th
Feb 14th through 16th
Feb 27th through march 3rd
Feb 19th through 22nd

As you can see all these times there is stuff going on at the convention center in Anaheim. Some days they have 2 different events overlapping. This is why motels are hard to Come by. Glad my parents are Disney vacation club members, so we can use their points to stay at Disney hotel, and not worry bout finding a hotel, during this time

Thanks for finding that info. Looks like my trip (2/5-2/7) is right at the tail-end of the first event, wonder what the crowd levels will be like...

I have been during that medical convention before and I don't think it had much effect on DL at all.

I think this is probably good news. It means the hotels are filling up for that and not disneyland. Whenever I have been away for work there hasn't been much free time.

some people when they come for the convention do bring family with them. why they are at the convention, their family is sometimes at disneyland or other places. we will see. the 10th through 14th we are there is during mardi gras and valentines, so i woder how busy it will be.

I only have tickets TO California.I may never come back:goodvibes. Okay....not really:sad1:, but ticket prices have started to move down.I check 3 times a day.Wierd how they can change in the swing of a day:confused3

I also think that they will really ramp up the Mardi Gras festivities as part of their Limited Time Magic compaign and Valentines should be over the top too! It will be nice to experience a little of that Disney magic that we miss out on by travelling in the off seasonpixiedust:

I also think that they will really ramp up the Mardi Gras festivities as part of their Limited Time Magic campaign and Valentines should be over the top too! It will be nice to experience a little of that Disney magic that we miss out on by traveling in the off seasonpixiedust:

I hope they have Mardi Gras festivities since we'll be there for Mardi Gras. A little taste of home for my kiddos who are missing the real thing. DD loves meeting characters in different outfits, so I hope we can meet some in their Mardi Gras attire. I'm worried that since it will be Valentines week, and they've already announced Valentines Week "magic" that Mardi Gras will get bumped to another week. I emailed them about it, but they said nothing had been decided yet.

Can all the February people (and anyone else who'd care to join in) join forces together :grouphug: and send some good vibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes that Alice in Wonderland won't be closed for our trips like the rumor I just read suggested. Please!

I'm right there with you!:goodvibes The only time we were at DL was when they had Alice down for the initial problem! :headache: We want to ride it!

New refurbs announced. http://media.disneywebcontent.com/S...c/pdf/D-MailPDF/IntlDmailDLRefurbishments.pdf

Feb. 4-7, 11-14, 18-21, 25-28, 2013: Big Thunder Trail will be closed for refurbishment.
Jan. 7  Feb. 4, 2013: Tom Sawyers Island Cider Mill will be closed; however the Island will remain open.
Jan. 7  Feb. 14, 2013: Fantasmic! will not be presented.
Jan. 7  March 28, 2013: Mark Twain Riverboat will be closed for refurbishment.
Jan. 7  March 28, 2013: Pioneer Mercantile will be closed for refurbishment.
Jan. 22- 23, 2013: Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes will be closed for refurbishment.
Jan. 22  Feb. 28, 2013: its a small world will be closed for refurbishment.
Jan. 22  Feb. 14, 2013: Splash Mountain will be closed for refurbishment.
Jan. 28  Feb 8, 2013: Café Orleans will be closed for refurbishment.
Jan. 28  Feb. 14, 2013: Mad Tea Party will be closed for refurbishment.

Jan. 7  Feb. 7, 2013: Condor Flats restrooms will be closed for refurbishment.
Jan. 7  Feb. 14, 2013: Silly Symphony Swings will be closed for refurbishment.
Jan. 7  Feb. 28, 2013: Grizzly River Run will be closed for refurbishment.
Feb. 4-7, 2013: World of Color will not be presented.

Was planning on Feb 14 being our last park day and doing SD Zoo on the 15th. Now may flip-flop that so we can do tea cups, IASW, and F! on the 15th. But, that would mean we wouldn't have a day to do Minnie and Friends during EMH like I'd planned. Tues would be our only day that Minnie opened early and we'd have MM for that day. I also think Fri will be more crowded due to the upcoming Pres Day weekend. Hmmmm.... Decisions, decisions....

New refurbs announced. http://media.disneywebcontent.com/S...c/pdf/D-MailPDF/IntlDmailDLRefurbishments.pdf

Feb. 4-7, 11-14, 18-21, 25-28, 2013: Big Thunder Trail will be closed for refurbishment.
Jan. 7  Feb. 4, 2013: Tom Sawyers Island Cider Mill will be closed; however the Island will remain open.
Jan. 7  Feb. 14, 2013: Fantasmic! will not be presented.
Jan. 7  March 28, 2013: Mark Twain Riverboat will be closed for refurbishment.
Jan. 7  March 28, 2013: Pioneer Mercantile will be closed for refurbishment.
Jan. 22- 23, 2013: Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes will be closed for refurbishment.
Jan. 22  Feb. 28, 2013: its a small world will be closed for refurbishment.
Jan. 22  Feb. 14, 2013: Splash Mountain will be closed for refurbishment.
Jan. 28  Feb 8, 2013: Café Orleans will be closed for refurbishment.
Jan. 28  Feb. 14, 2013: Mad Tea Party will be closed for refurbishment.

Jan. 7  Feb. 7, 2013: Condor Flats restrooms will be closed for refurbishment.
Jan. 7  Feb. 14, 2013: Silly Symphony Swings will be closed for refurbishment.
Jan. 7  Feb. 28, 2013: Grizzly River Run will be closed for refurbishment.
Feb. 4-7, 2013: World of Color will not be presented.

Was planning on Feb 14 being our last park day and doing SD Zoo on the 15th. Now may flip-flop that so we can do tea cups, IASW, and F! on the 15th. But, that would mean we wouldn't have a day to do Minnie and Friends during EMH like I'd planned. Tues would be our only day that Minnie opened early and we'd have MM for that day. I also think Fri will be more crowded due to the upcoming Pres Day weekend. Hmmmm.... Decisions, decisions....

IASW will still be closed on the 15th, if I'm reading your list correctly.

I'm not a big fan of that ride, but I am slightly bummed that it will be re-opening the day after our last day. The wife was looking forward to it.

IASW will still be closed on the 15th, if I'm reading your list correctly.

I'm not a big fan of that ride, but I am slightly bummed that it will be re-opening the day after our last day. The wife was looking forward to it.

You're right. It would be Splash that we could do on the 15th.

Small World isn't my favorite, but I wanted to experience the DL version.

I am bummed to see some of the new closures will effect my visit Feb 16-22.
However, I just saw that there is a discount available when 3-day or longer parkhopper tickets are purchased in advance online through Disney for my dates. I am pasting the text from the DL website. It looks like you basically get the hopper for the cost of the single park ticket. Let me know if I got this wrong.

Special Offers
Valid for visits from January 7, 2013 through March 11, 2013.
Promotional 3-Day Park Hopper Ticket with Magic Morning
Ages 3 to 9 $205.00
Ages 10 & Up $220.00

Promotional 4-Day Park Hopper Ticket with Magic Morning
Ages 3 to 9 $225.00
Ages 10 & Up $245.00

Promotional 5-Day Park Hopper Ticket with Magic Morning
Ages 3 to 9 $240.00
Ages 10 & Up $260.00

• Includes one Magic Morning early admission with select attractions at Disneyland Park.*
• Tickets may only be purchased between November 20, 2012 and February 27, 2013.
• Offer not available at Disneyland Resort Main Entrance ticket booths.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter