Who's going in February?

We should be there Feb 8-11th. Havent booked a hotel yet; hoping for a HoJos retro deal to pop up.

I noticed the Main Street Train Station is on the list of closures, does that mean no Lilly Belle?

I'd like clarifications on this also. I would imagine the trains would still be running, but there would be no stop at Main Street...

We are getting more serious about a trip. It's terribly financially responsible (ie we're trying to get a business going and there are a lot of other things we should spend our estimated healthy tax return on) but memories are important to, and we're planning to get pregnant again soon after, so if we don't go in February, I don't know when it will happen. Our kids are 6, 5, and 2.5 and have been raised on all things Disney! Talking about a very budget-conscious trip February 27th-March 1st!

danaesacto said:
Look~ during one of the Week's of Closures:

"A Valentine's Day that becomes Valentine's Week—with Disney castles blushing pink and surprise meet-and-greets with Disney princes and princesses"

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/let-the-memories-begin/limited-time-magic/

more, we need more details LOL!

We are arriving Feb 14 so I am excited to see the pink castle! Booked our dinner at the Blue Bayou for that night so I am ready to go! Spending Valentines day with 3 great friends, couldn't ask for anything more;)

We bit the bullet and we're going to go ahead and stay at the Grand Californian! I'm so excited!

We bit the bullet and we're going to go ahead and stay at the Grand Californian! I'm so excited!

Happy for you! :santa: would have to drop a ton of money down my chimney before we could ever stay there so I love living vicariously thru others lol!

We are arriving Feb 6th - 10th. This will be surprise Christmas gift for my kiddos DD 11 and DS 14. Our first visit to DL. We are staying at BWPPI.

Happy for you! :santa: would have to drop a ton of money down my chimney before we could ever stay there so I love living vicariously thru others lol!

Thanks so much. I think this will be the only time *ever* that we will get to do it. We snagged the fabulous Dapper Days group rate and that dropped the GC rate by more than 50%.

Surprising the kids on Christmas morning. It's getting close. I can't wait! Made them "tickets" last night to hook on the balloons that I'm wrapping. They came out pretty cute, got me even more anxious.

By the way Susie, you can take me off the Feb list. We did decide to switch to March. It will cost us more but it seems like there will be other benefits- like the kids missing less school. Have fun Feb group!

Surprising the kids on Christmas morning. It's getting close. I can't wait! Made them "tickets" last night to hook on the balloons that I'm wrapping. They came out pretty cute, got me even more anxious.

Aww, so fun!! You'll have to post next week and let us know how the surprise went. We haven't decided yet how/when to tell our kiddos about our trip.

Aww, so fun!! You'll have to post next week and let us know how the surprise went. We haven't decided yet how/when to tell our kiddos about our trip.

I think I'm looking forward to Christmas morning more than the kids. Today we had our annual cookie decorating party with our neighbors and dd said "I really wish tonight was Christmas Eve." And I just squealed "ME TOO!"

I have a little pre-trip report. Not much but the link is in my siggy. I'll update there after the reveal, but I'm sure I'll post something here too!

I have been whining a lot about how I want to go to Disneyland instead of Idaho (see ticker).

DS keeps saying that it is my own fault.

He thinks we are visiting FIL, who lives in northern Idaho, nowhere near anything. I told him we would be lucky to get a cell phone signal, LOL. And exploring/shopping would only be if we rented a car. But we will probably be renting a car, depending on how much money we end up saving.

He totally has no idea! We are keeping it a secret until he figures it out himself or when someone at the airport ends up telling him. I have a "I'm Going to Disneyland" shirt for him to wear when he figures it out.

I am having a bit of a hard time keeping it a secret, but the longer it is secret the more excited he will be.
:)

I have been whining a lot about how I want to go to Disneyland instead of Idaho (see ticker).

DS keeps saying that it is my own fault.

He thinks we are visiting FIL, who lives in northern Idaho, nowhere near anything. I told him we would be lucky to get a cell phone signal, LOL. And exploring/shopping would only be if we rented a car. But we will probably be renting a car, depending on how much money we end up saving.

He totally has no idea! We are keeping it a secret until he figures it out himself or when someone at the airport ends up telling him. I have a "I'm Going to Disneyland" shirt for him to wear when he figures it out.

I am having a bit of a hard time keeping it a secret, but the longer it is secret the more excited he will be.
:)

If you are a Costco member,you should check out their car rental deals. We got a full size car for $106 for a whole week for our trip.:drive:

If you are a Costco member,you should check out their car rental deals. We got a full size car for $106 for a whole week for our trip.:drive:

But we aren't renting a car. It is all part of the ploy to have him think we are going to Idaho, not Disneyland. The whole "out in the middle of nowhere, possibly no wi-fi signal or cell phone signal, maybe we can do some shopping IF we have a car and are willing to drive a distance" - it is all a ploy.

;)

We have shuttle transfers to get us to/from the hotel (Ramada Maingate) and to get us to/from Universal Studios. No need for us to have a car in Anaheim.

Going in February. Seems we're missing most of the closures except BTMRR. Sucks about that one, but we'll live. Can't wait!

Last edited:
Add us to the list! We are getting our first ever AP's during our December 25-30th trip and are planning a Feb 8th-11th return!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter