• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who is on the Oct 5th "Wonder" Cruise?

Hi all,
Bumping us up to page 1. Can't believe cruise is less than 2 weeks away. House looks like a bomb hit it...cruise stuff everywhere, lanyards and pouches arrived from ebay, snorkle stuff out of garage, DCL literature all over the place, clothes that need to go to cleaners ( DH Suit - which he wears once a year to office Christmas Party) Ugh ...time to get organized.

I saw yesterday on another thread that Alexandrew got an upgrade...from a 9 to a 5. Alexandrew if your lurking...congrats.

Pamco: Best wishes for your upcoming wedding this weekend!

Anyone plan anything definite for Freeport yet...We are still open but leaning toward "Fantasia" anyone else?

DH seems to be getting excited about trip, we have even discussed booking a 7 day onboard, he is a diver and is disappointed that there won't be time for him to dive this trip...guess it is a good excuse to go again.

Jennifer

I've actually changed my plans and instead of snorkeling in Nassau, we're going to take the snorkel cruise in Freeport. I though it would be fun to just wander around Nassau - maybe go check on the Dig at Atlantis, see the Pirate Museum, take a buggy ride, etc.

Jennifer, I can's believe you're packing. I keep thinking I need to do a packing list - but haven't even started that!

I saw the post that Alexandrew got an upgrade also. Good for him!

I can't believe that in 2 weeks we'll be on the ship!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

I'll have to plan another trip when we get back - its always nice to have something to look forward too!

Tracie: is that the Snorkel Adventure thru DCL in Freeport?

OK, how about one more list...a list of excursions that everyone is taking, that way we will be on the look out for each other. I guess i'll start and then add when I get feedback.

Nassau:
Room at Comfort Suites: Jenschaef1(DH,DW,DD14,DD12,DS6,DD3)
Rent Car (Crystal Cay Snorkel, Rum Factory) Watshakinranch
Relax: Hunnybunny, Laurarn

Freeport:
DCL Snorkel:Tracie Wallace (DW, DH,DD6)
Rent Car: Snorkel, brewery, Fragrance Factory: Watshakinranch
Relax: Hunnybunny, Laurarn

Castaway Cay:
Seahorse Snorkel: Jenschaef1(DH,DW,DD12)
Wildside: Jenschaef1(DD14)
Parasailing: Jenschaef1 (DH,DW), Tracie Wallace (DH)
Banana Boat:Jenschaef1(DH, DD12,DD14)
Kayak Tour?: Watshakinranch
Relax and snorkel?: Hunnybunny, Laurarn

Jennifer

Another list queen!

Here's our excursions:

Freeport: DCL Snorkel (DW, DH, DD(6))
CC: Parasail (DH)

Jennifer, next to you, it doesn't even appear that we're doing anything!

Does wanting dinner at Palo and a massage either on ship or CC count?

I have actually started to pack also, because I know that I will be slammed at work trying to get everything organized before I leave the facility to someone else. (I'm a worry wart!)

Peggy: Quinoa!! My friends have always called ME a "cornecopia of useless knowledge". I think you are my sister!!

Nassau: renting a car-- maybe Crystal Cay Marine Park to snorkel, shopping, Rum Factory, tour the forts

Freeport: renting a car-- snorkel with Fantasia OR snorkel at Deadman's Reef. Brewery, Fragrance Factory

Castaway Cay: bringing own snorkel equip; I may do the kayak by myself OR if DH feels comfortable to leave the kids in Scuttle Cove, he will go with me.

Packed DS3 clothes; DH ACTUALLY gathered his clothes!! (and asked me if they were all right!!)

Hey! What happened to everyone!! We need a roll call!!

Tina :crazy:

well, normally I'm an adventure loving person and try to see and do everything when I venture someplace new. However, on that note, being pregnant has slowed me down and made me stop and relax and enjoy my surroundings. So, as far as excursions, here's my list.

Nassau- shop and relax

Freeport- shop and relax

Castaway- relax (will have done plenty of shopping on the boat!!)

Actually, I just want to explore the islands at my own pace. We may try to snorkel in CC but will play it by ear.

Pregnancy has really brought out the shopaholic in me! I need to buy new maternity wear for this trip, going shopping this weekend!

Tonya

My list is really short...
we didn't book any excursions. We may venture off the ship a couple of times, but plan to relax mostly. We will probably snorkel at CC. We thought we might go to one of the parks when the cruise returns on Thursday. (This is DH first trip to FLA, mine and the kids 2nd trip-last visit was to see friends and we went to SeaWorld). This is our very first Disney experience for all of us and our 1st cruise. We will be going to DisneyWorld next year with the grandparents and cousins for the 1st time. I think we're just taking it as it comes.
Laura

Has anyone parked at the Port before? I guess my question would be,,, can you drop off lugagge (and family members) at the terminal and then go and park or is there assistance at the parking facility for luggage? As you all know I will have my PDW and DD plus their suitcases(I had to go out and purchase an additional one -that will reveal how much stuff we are bringing).
Found the lanyards at Wal Mart but have not made it by Home Depot for any Green Mickey paint chips. Heading down next Thursday for a WDW warmup!

P.S. - Congrats Vols fans you played a good game.

When we went in Dec. we pulled up to the gate in front of the terminal, they checked to see if we was on the list to board the ship that day plus check our drivers lic. Then told us to proceed to the right side of the building. We did. My DH and I step out of our SUV and started to unload the suitcase. The kids got out, I had them stand against the building. I put the carry-ons with the kids and a man came up to me and started loading our suitcases (ones toi be checked) onto a cart. I can not think of the name for this guy we will call him the port guy. He will expect a tip. I believe the normal tip is $1or $2 per bag. He took our luggage to be checked. Then I got the stroller out and put all the carry ons on it. We took DH too. The kids and I headed around the building to the front entrance of the terminal. DH went to park across the street in the parking lot. You will need to have your ID and docs in order to get back into the gate so take it with you. The kids and I went into the termal and started going through secruity. They will look in all bags they can not scan. They do not put camera bages through scanned so open them up. I also had to get my laptop out and start it up. By this time DH was right in line with us. We weny t upstairs and checked in. That is where they will take Docs, check ID's and B.C.
Now get in line to board.
See you there!

Where is everyone? Bumping us back to the 1st page.

Trying to figure out who has little DD3s that will help keep my wild child in line (I think Peggy's DS3 also!) DS3 is very intimidated by the little girls at daycare (which he hates because he's been in Grandma daycare all his life!)

Someone please tell me that kids act differently to the kids clubs and want to stay!!

Bye for now. At work and really should be WORKING!

Tina:crazy:

watshakinranch,
My son is 3. My son has never been to daycare so I am hoping he will want to stay some in the clubs. He is wanting to play with the other kids so he may stay.
He is a little wild too.

I am going to start tommorrow. I have done almost all the shopping so it is time to pack. Can not believe it is so close. We will be leaving home in a week.

HI ALL,

Still working on the packing, but some wedding details have started to get in the way. Had to make out seating cards and meet with some vendors. Hopefully I get in touch with the photographer tomorrow, haven't in a while.

ok. I'll try to stop by on Friday before my BIG day. We can't wait to go on vacation. :)

Whatsshakinranch, my 3 year old DD will be on board. She is head over heals about any Disney Princess. She is a little shy at first but after a few minutes really warms up. From what I have seen and read the kids clubs look like they will really enjoy them. If she wants to stay and have some fun fine, I have already accepted the fact that she may not and I will have a shadow -that's great too! If Snow White shows up I will become 2nd fiddle! Either way we will have a great time. Mom will be propped up under an Umbrella while we are in the sun, pool, ocean, etc. Opposite really do attract!

YAY!!! Only 8 more days till we fly out!! (hmmm.. think something is wrong with my counter!)

Is anyone staying (or has anyone stayed) at the Hilton in Cocoa Beach?? We'd like to know more info about the area (eating, etc).

Pam: Congrats and good luck!

It looks like a lot of 'fur' has been flying on these boards lately...what gives??:confused:

Has everyone filled out their docs yet??
And... does anyone know if you can use the pools at Atlantis if you buy lunch there??

My goal is to be completely packed by this Sunday....hmmmm... think it's possible??!:p

Bye for now!
--Carrie

PamCo88 - Best Wishes. Hope everything goes smooooothly on your wedding day. Relax and have a good time.

Carrie - I've been noticing the fur lately too - Michelle and Cathy leaving. Rae not posting. I used to enjoy the "conversations" between Verandah Man, Rae and BD. The tone of the board has changed.

And no, I haven't filled out my documents yet. Maybe this weekend. We're leaving next Friday - so I am getting very excited. We're spending our first day at EPCOT then leaving on Sunday for the Wonder.

Now if I could just get all this work off my desk!! I have a meeting in 10 mins - so I better get back to it!

I have all docs filled out. I started to pack tonight. I can't wait to leave. I need a nice stress free place.

What is everyone up too? I bet not a single person is packing. LOL!!
Just a week away from vacation.

Left work early and went to Bealls, hit the clearance racks. Got a couple pair of shorts, capri pants.

I am now taking a break from "pre-packing" (you know, when you turn your bedroom up-side-down, trying on every piece of clothing you own, looking for that perfect wardrobe!)

I think DH has finally decided on itinerary before boarding ship. We are leaving Thursday afternoon to go to Orlando. FRI we are going to Animal Kingdom, SAT- making our way to Cocoa Beach and finding an Air Boat Ride then spending rest of day at the beach.

Good Luck PamCo!! Tomorrow's the big day. Take a Polaroid picture of the wedding for all of us to see!!

Is anyone going to the mad rush for Palo or spa reservations? I don't think we are doing any of that. This is our first cruise and I would hate to be called out of Palo's because DS's did not want to stay in club.

Tina :crazy:

Hi Everybody,

Thanks for the well wishes. I have done most of the packing, just a few last minute things tomorrow.

Hope to see everyone next week!!

Look for the Bride and Groom!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter