Who is on the Oct 5th "Wonder" Cruise?

Pink eye is gone! Yippee! Now for the rest of us to stay healthy.

We're leaving Friday after DH gets off work. He prefers to drive all night so that the kids are asleep and not whining and I'm asleep and not reminding him of the speed limit. We'll arrive Saturday and spending the day at Cocoa Beach. We have a room at the Radisson.

I haven't started packing, but I have made my lists. We're going to have a limited wardrobe this week because I don't want to be doing laundry at the last minute.

Got the lanyards at Wal Mart. Thanks for the tip! I got some for my kids too. DD3 will be happy to meet the other 3 year olds on the trip.

I woke up this morning thinking of you all. Had one of those strange panic dreams where I'm not ready, I'm not packed, I'm racing to the terminal, I don't know if I have my docs.... Thank goodness it's only a dream, but I've been having a lot of those panic-I'm-not-ready-for-this dreams... think it must be the baby!:earseek:

Going shopping today and getting my green Mickey's and stuff to decorate the door with. Took Friday off of work so that I can finish shopping for clothes (without DH fretting about money) and start packing. Not to make you all panic, but I'm so glad I don't have to drive or fly to get here... would just be cause for panic more. Hope you all arrive safely and have a wonderful time in Orlando/Cocoa before we depart. Good luck to PamCo today, we'll be thinking about you.

Tonya

Carrie: please let us know if you meet your Sunday packing goal. I would set my goal to Sunday also, but I would be setting myself up for failure!!

Hunny: I think we have all had a dream (nightmare!) about the cruise. Can't blame it on the papoose!! It's just that we are all neurotic about planning!!

Partridge: what deck are you on? I like to take early a.m. walks when everything is quiet and will be looking for door decorations. We also like to drive at night for the same reasons. Years ago we put the kids in the back of the truck with a camper shell and a mattress. Didn't hear 'em fighting!! They were not too badly traumatized!! hee hee!

Jennifer/Traci: are you flying to Orlando? Jennifer: If you are driving, I have much sympathy for you! I also have the "extended family" DS19, DD18, DS6 and DS3. Trying to entertain them all is a chore.

Tina:crazy:

HunnyBunny and anyone else who has visited Animal Kingdom: do you have any tips or advice about going, what to see first, etc. Will gratly appreciate any info!!

Tina :crazy:

Hi all,
I'm back...wouldn't you know it, a week and a half before vacation the computer decided to crash. O well excuse to buy a new one. :cool:

Whatshakin: I have a DD3 too so there will be a couple of DD3s to terrorize your little one. Luckily we are not driving...DH travels ALOT for work so we have enough Frequent Flyer miles to get us to FL and back every year, Yep 4 kids who range from 14 to 3 can be challenging (I don't have any idea WHAT we were thinking) :crazy: We usually do amusement parks because everyone likes them. At our house this cruise is referred to as the"Mom is turning 40 and is having a midlife crisis cruise".:rolleyes:

Anyone else want to share their excursions...i'll compile a list and post it later this afternoon. - Got to go to soccer now.

jennifer

watshakinranch:

Here's a list of my favorite AK attractions...

A Must Do- Kilimanjaroo Sufari's. Do it first thing the morning and just before close. Last time we went, we did it before closing, with a slight rain and we got to see a baby hippo and all the giraffe's waiting to be led back to their cage. Most everyone has ridden by this time, so sometimes the drivers take their time.

It's Tough to be a Bug- I love the 4-d type attractions and the queue line winds under the tree, very cool.

Primevil Whril- A fun "mousetrap" type roller coaster. My DH, who doesn't like normal coasters, gets a kick out of this one.

Festival of the Lion King is also a good show.

Have fun!!

We are also leaving on the Oct. 5th cruise. We are a cat.4(fam. of 5) This is our first cruise. DH, DD10, DS7, DD6 and myself. We fly out at 6:50 a.m. I am very nervous about getting to the ship. I will be one happy person once we are finally there!!

A near disaster almost stopped our vacation. DH was driving to work this evening and two girls on a go-cart pulled out in front of him. He locked up the brakes and swerved. The go-cart hit his back tire!! They only had scratches, but DH was so shook up he didn't go to work. He's a trauma nurse and it just hit too close to home...

So kiss your kids and tell them you love them. DH is sleeping with his boys right now....

On a lighter note: Thanks Hunny for the info, very helpful.

Welcome Keithmil!! What part of Ohio? DH is from Tiffin.
Get your green mickeys from Home Depot paint department, lanyard from Wal-mart and get in line early!! Do you have any excursions planned?

Jennifer: How's this for not calculating before conception: my two oldest both graduated in May and DS6 started Kindergarten in August. I will have children in school for over 25 years!!

Carrie: are you going to make it? I have to find more suitcases!

:crazy: Tina

Welcome keithmil.

watshakinranch,
Glad to hear everyone is okay.

I have been packing for 2 days now. I hope to finish up soon. I want to get it completed so I can work on the house. My family will have a very limited choice of clothing this week do to its all packed. LOL!

It is hard to believe we will be on the ship this time next week and we will be at dinner. Just can't wait.

Movies on board...

I called DCL and got the list of movies.

Chicago
Jungle Book 2
Piglet's Big Movie
Holes
Lizzie McGuire
Finding Nemo
Pirates of the Caribbean
Spy Kids 3D
Freaky Friday
Open Range
Cold Creek
Under the Tuscan Sun
Veronica something or other

Tina...Glad everyone's OK! What a scare!

Well... it's official!! It is now 11:08 on Sunday night and our bags are all packed!!:bounce:
Woo hoo!!! I can't believe we (or should I say 'I') did it!!
I guess the last second stuff will have to wait till Wednesday night but at least everyones clothes, etc. are packed and ready to go!!:)
I think this is the first time I have ever packed this much in advance (even for my honeymoon!). Which reminds me, I hope Pam's wedding went well!
Watshakin: hope you find more suitcases soon!
Unbelievable how much stuff you have to pack for a baby and 4 yr old for 14 days! Sheesh!:rolleyes:

This time next week we will all be lulled to sleep by the motion of the Wonder!!! YAY!!

Tracie: have you decided who to send in your absentee ballot for yet?? I gotta get mine in the mail.

Bye--Carrie

Oh boy, do I feel behind the curve! I've had my family visiting from Pennsylvania this weekend. They head back to PA today. We had a wonderful visit, but, today will be marathon day. After they leave, I need to get the place ship shape :D and continue packing. I've put aside a bunch of clothes for the trip, but need to get the suitcases out. I bought some garment bags at walmart for our evening stuff. My stuff is still in that rubbermaid container in the corner of my bedroom, waiting to be organized and packed.
I hope Pam's wedding was everything she dreamed of.
I can't believe we are just DAYS from leaving. We head out on Friday. We're driving down to Florida and staying with friends still Sunday.
The fall weather is setting in here. Its 47 degrees this morning. It'll be nice to squeeze out a few more summer days on this trip.
I know we (the Dis'ers) are all traveling different days this week. I hope everyone has a safe trip and start looking for lime green mickey heads at Port Canaveral!
All the best!
Laura

Partridge,

Thank you so much for the movie listings!! I'm excited to see some of those movies (again) and glad to know they will be on the ship. Does anyone know how late they show the movies, or what the movie times typically are?

According to the Navigators I printed, the last showing starts around 10:30. There didn't seem to be any set pattern to the times. I'm sure Chicago and the other more adult movies will be shown at night, w/Piglet, etc., being shown earlier.

Like Laura, I've got to spend the day cleaing. Gee, I thought I always packed early. This is the week we all will look funny when we go out because all our good clothes are packed. :smooth:

Hi all,
Posted everyones excursions to my original post on page 17. If you want to be added to the list...just let me know and I will update it.

Spent all weekend at DD12 soccer tournament. It was 105 here this past weekend (HOT). Told my DH that if I closed my eyes maybe I would think I was on a carribean beach (NOT)

Since I know several of you all are leaving within the next few days, I will take this opportunity to let everyone know how much I have enjoyed talking to you all the last few months and I look forward to meeting you onboard or in the terminal!

We don't leave until Sat morning so will be around for a little while yet. (I have a whole lot left to do)

Have a great day,

Jennifer

Hi Jennifer:

Its been around 100 where I live too. I'm actually ready for a little humidity, tropical breezes, a Bahama Mama in hand. Oh well, until that time, I'm still trying to get WORK done.

We're flying out Friday. Saturday we'll be at EPCOT (I hope).

Have NOT started packing. I'm taking off Thursday to do that. BUT, did get my lanyard, underwater cameras ($7.50 at Walmart), lots of film, etc.

Hope to see everyone on board!!!

It is nice to everyone is doing well and starting to pack. I started on Sunday and am just about done. Just a couple more items in the suitcase. Hard to believe we will be leaving in a couple days.

Carrie: You made your deadline!! I didn't need those extra suitcases after all. Tried to consolidate my shoes (didn't work very well!!) I think I took out only one pair. (DH does not understand the need for perfectly matching shoes!!) Also, DH finally decided to get in the spirit of packing and with his Navy seabag experience, he can pretty much pack an elephant in his pocket!! :D

I've got all the clothes, snorkel gear, bottled water and Diet Cokes (necessity!) packed. All I have left is the last minute stuff. Packed each of my boys a backpack with coloring book, crayons and small toys for entertainment. They enjoyed picking out the toys they wanted.

DS6 wardrobe is VERY slim. (do you think the teacher will notice he's wearing the same shorts!!) His wardrobe was getting slim anyway prior to packing because the clothes I bought him to start Kindergarten are already snug. Trying to make his summer clothes last til winter.

I'm in the panhandle of Florida and it was 52 degrees when I woke up this morning. Two more days and I'm out of here!!

Tina :crazy:

I posted a main post about this as well, just wondering if any of you have done the Pirates of Nassau museum and what you thought. we're just looking to wander around the island on foot and that is one of the "attractions" that are close to the pier.

on another note... i so need to start packing and finish shopping. I'm getting so fat i need new clothes!

Tonya

Haven't done the Pirates - but its on my maybe list. We're just wandering arround Nassau also. I would like to check out Atlantis, but not yet sure about spending $70?? to see the Dig. Pirates are $12.00 per adult, kids under 12 are free, but still expensive.

Don't talk about fat - I've put on about 10 pounds every year for about the past 7 years.

One more day of work!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter