Who is on the Oct 5th "Wonder" Cruise?

Please tell me everyone else packed as much as I did. We're a family of five and I really tried to condense everything and I've spent all day packing. I looked around my bedroom and i have 2 large suitcases, 2 medium, 2 garment bags, 2 carry-ons, and 2 camera bags, not to mention last minute stuff...ugh. I think my family will tie me to the roof rack of my minivan, since we'll all be crammed in like sardines. I planned for 4 somewhat dressy nights and 5 short sets per person. Plus, I need to remember that we need clothes for 2 days prior to and after the cruise. Looks like I need to pack laundry detergent:o
Laura

Laura - there are only 3 of us - and that's what I take for a long weekend. lol

Its amazing but you almost seem to need the same amount of stuff for a short weekend as a long weekend. Think of everything you use everyday.

Also, besides the summer stuff, need to bring a jacket or sweater for the evening. Costume for MNSSHP. "Dress" clothes for dinner. Good shoes for walking around. Snorkel gear. Cameras. Film. Husband wants to bring laptop for games, movie viewing on plane as well as downloading digital pictures.

Oh vey.

Tracie: Lol...My husband saw your idea about the laptop for his digital camera. He says.."oh, I thought about that too." We also have a few bottles of wine to pack. And the list goes on....Back to the suitcases.
Laura
ps. What is the costume for again?

Hi Laura:

We're going to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party at the Magic Kingdom on the 10th - after the cruise. My daughter is Mulan (we got this last month before she went to the Princess Teaparty at Disney's El Capitan Theatre) and I'm Malificient (Sleeping Beauty witch - not sure of the spelling). DH hasn't got anything yet. And we're bring a few bottles of wine also. My dad gave us a bottle of Dom Perignon champagne a few years ago - thought this would be a good time to break it out. Maybe at Palo? Of course, there is that corkage fee.

Good luck on the drive! Now hope my plane doesn't fall out of the sky. Wish I could drive.

Hi everyone, (ok at least everyone who is still at home working)

Just checked the long range weather forecast for Bahamas...everything is looking good. Mon - Wed they are showing "scattered showers" high about 87, I hope that means typical tropical showers that pass quickly. No Hurricanes or Tropical Storms are threatening the area. Check out the DIS new smilies...so cute!

::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

See you all soon,
Jennifer
Ugh, Had to edit post 'cause some of the new smilies are not working.:worried:

:boat: Or as my DS4 would say, "Disney boat today???" I can't wait for Friday morning to arrive so I can finally say "YES!!"::yes::

I hope everyone is finally packed!!!
Laura: I had to laugh that you may get strapped to the top of the minivan for having too much luggage :laughing: I'm sure my husband will think the same thing as we're tying on yet another suitcase on top of the car Thursday night just to get to the airport!! (can you imagine what we're going to do with a smaller rental car at Orlando airport??!!:o )

Tracie: do you know if the kids have to dress up for MNSSHP? or is it more fun if they do.. etc??! My son is going to be a pirate::pirate:: but I can't imagine lugging the hat on the airplane!!

See you all soon! Safe travels!
-Carrie

Hi Carrie. Its just more fun for the kids (and adults) to get dressed up.

Are you leaving Friday? If so, what airport (I'm leaving out of LAX) and what time? We're on United at 8:45 am. Just Wondering if we're on the same plane.

Tracie

Hi Tracie! We are flying out of San Diego on Friday am around 9ish:D So we'll probably be that airplane sucking up all your tail wind:p Hoping for a totally uneventful flight (mechanically and otherwise!!:worried: ) At least we have one stop in Houston so our kids can run around like nuts for a little while and get the wiggles out:hyper: Are you all staying in Orlando or the Port for Fri. and Sat? We are in Cocoa Beach and hoping to see the Space Center.

I wish I could get my husband to dress up! I would love an excuse to wear a costume!!:p Ok see ya later!

--Carrie

Hi Carrie - we're staying at the Radisson Parkway - outside Disneyworld. We're hitting EPCOT on Saturday. When we get back we're staying at the Royal Pacific Resort at Universal for a few days - then home to work and school. Oh joy.

I'm hoping for a very uneventful flight also. Have I told you I hate flying!:rolleyes:

See you at the Port!

Yes, it is 5:30 am and I am already at work. But I am leaving at 10:30 am NO MATTER WHAT!!

Driving to Orlando today (got a good deal at the Grosvenor at Downtown Disney) and I'll be at Animal Kingdom tomorrow!! Driving to Cocoa Beach on Saturday. (Not sure where we are staying)

It's been so much fun chatting with all of you. Hoping to meet some of you face to face. I'm the short, redhead, freckles everywhere the sun shines:p with a stocky DS6, demon DS3, and a husband that will look like he is ready to kill me because I have him at the port at 10:30am!!

Everyone be safe. SEE YOU SUNDAY!!!!!!

Tina :crazy:

I hope everyone has a safe, uneventful trip here. I have a feeling I will be the last one here at the boards, seeing as I will probably check one last time at 10 am on Sunday before we head out to the port (just a little stab to make you all jealous, sorry! :duck: )

I still haven't packed, but I have tomorrow and saturday off and I have my list, so it shouldn't be too bad. Also, I don't have all those little youngun's (yet) to worry about packing for either.

Can't wait to meet you all. :grouphug: I'm looking more and more preggo everyday.

Tonya

3...2...1...Bon Voyage! Woo-Hoo! This is it folks! Hope everyone has a safe trip!
We're leaving tomorrow (driving down) and staying with friends in Orlando til Sunday morning. I'll be the short blond dressed all in lime green:p
Good news: 1) I don't think I have to be strapped to the luggage rack on the van. I came up with a plan...we removed one seat from the van and put suitcases there instead. Yeah!
2) My DH finally admitted he's getting excited about the trip. (kids too!).
Enjoy your vacations and see you all on Sunday!
Best wishes!
Laura
ps. check back in here after the cruise to share our experiences. I'll be going through withdrawal after the trip:D

Tomorrow's our big day! My house looks like we've been robbed. Clothes piled everywhere. I have no idea how it's going to all going to fit in these suitcases. And to think I bought a new set this morning!

Tracie, we'll be at MNSSHP w/you. I'm Sleeping Beauty, DD7 is Snow White, and DD3 is Cinderella. DH will be Grumpy and he doesn't even have to dress up.princess:

We will be leaving in the morning driving for 12 hrs. We had planned to leave this morning but could. :(
But we are off in the morning:wave:
See everyone there!

For those of you still checking... just wanted to tell you that I have my lanyard and my green mickeys and I will be looking for all of you at the terminal. I am (almost) packed and I have new clothes that fit the new belly. I'll be propped up somewhere reading to pass the time in line, unless of course I'm fortunate enough to be standing next to another lime green mickey. Can't believe it's finally here!!!!!!!:tongue: :hyper: :boat:

We are still here. We are in Dallas and will fly out at 745 am. Will see you all tomorrow if all goes well.
david

I'm here but I am obviously not working hard!!! Drove home and arrived about 4pm. First thing I did was dropped the boys at my mothers and blamed her for their horrid, spoiled behavior on the ship!!! hee hee

If anyone was on the 7th deck forward, port side, I apologized for the WWF sounds coming from the hallway WED night. My husband gave the boys (3 & 5) their room cards and told them who ever got to the room first could open the door (they had been fighting the WHOLE cruise over this and the elevator buttons!!) Of course DS5 got to the door first and when DS3 caught up, he started screaming, pushing and shoving. Turned into the WWF before I could run down the hall (sideways!! felt the boat rocking really well!)

Had a good time. Thinking about the 7 day western next year, but I REFUSE to go without a nanny!! (nieces are already fighting for that position) DS5 went to the club and enjoyed but didn't want to stay alot. He is a Daddy's boy and wanted to swim in the pool the whole time. DS3 stayed 15 minute MON afternoon. Cried the whole time in the computer lab. DH watched him through the windows and during the entire 15 minutes no one said anything to him or even touched him. Very disappointed in that. So we rented the stroller and took him into Nassau with us, which wasn't bad. DH and I just never got any time alone.

If anyone heard a little boy saying "My legs are broken. I can't walk." That was DS3.

Will write again soon. Wanted to get our thread back to the top.

Oh, yeah!! Traci ---you are in my embark picture!!

Tina :crazy:

I was just checking to see if anyone was back on the boards yet, and a post came through. We had a wonderful time and cannot wait to go again...but that probably won't be until the little one is 2, so another 2 1/2 years....:( this was so relaxing and wonderful. could have done without nassau. Can't wait to see what other itineraries they have in the next few years...
Welcome Home everyone.:wave:

We just returned home today. What a great trip! My DH wasn't sure about cruises before this, but he's sold now. He was really impressed and we booked a 7 day for 2005 onboard.
I agree about the kid's clubs. My DD5 is very social and she went to the clubs a few times, but paged after an hour or two. She prefered the Mickey pool the whole trip. That also meant no alone time for DH and myself (our only regret). DD9 loved the kids club and DS12 just hung out himself. We passed him several times on Deck 9 eating pizza and ice cream. He loved the cruise and wants to go again.
It was great to see many of you on board. I kept my green mickey on for most of the trip. Peggy, sorry for meeting you so late, but better late than never. I enjoyed the visit.
Can't wait to hear everyone's trip reports!
Regards,
Laura
ps: Was Castaway Cay great or what! Did you see the rainbow that morning?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter