Who is going in august/when/where

We have had a blast, sad to leave..but reality smacks you right in the face and another 20 hr drive.

Jack

We were originally booked offsite but I cut the budget elsewhere to switch to the DLH. FWIW - if you are at DCA for rope drop you will likely get a FP for RSR. We lined up for FP's after 8 and got them with a return time of 3:30. And we got surprise FPs for GRR which we are going to use in a bit.

I would go so far as to guarantee you will get RSR fastpasses if you're there for rope drop. We got RSR FP's within 20-25 minutes 4 days this past week. If you line up, they will come...
:thumbsup2

I would go so far as to guarantee you will get RSR fastpasses if you're there for rope drop. We got RSR FP's within 20-25 minutes 4 days this past week. If you line up, they will come...
:thumbsup2
Thanks for this info, will for sure give it a whirl on Labor Day weekend!

Lori

We had a blast! So sad to be home! APs expiring at the end of the month and we decided to not renew because of the price increase. $$$ times 7 is just too much.

Our drive back was interesting. We got up early because we were afraid of the traffic we encountered on the way down. How suprising to reach Redding a little after noon! We decided to give the hotel a call and cancel and try to make it home. Pulled into our driveway at 11pm. So thankful to sleep in our own beds! :love:

The drive really wasn't bad. Maybe because my kids are older. Plus we had the big van and that really helped.

A big thanks to all the August DISers who shared their experiences. Keep them coming! :goodvibes

I made a video and slideshow of our trip. Here are the links! :hyper:

http://youtu.be/fH3IvXAD3PQ

http://youtu.be/JsHgT7tw7eQ

I was, with a POTC hat on. We had breakfast and all thought it was good, warm and satisfying.

Jack

I think you got on the elevator with my friend and I..Tall redhead and short brunette? Wearing our Destination D Lanyards?

We had a blast! So sad to be home! APs expiring at the end of the month and we decided to not renew because of the price increase. $$$ times 7 is just too much.

Our drive back was interesting. We got up early because we were afraid of the traffic we encountered on the way down. How suprising to reach Redding a little after noon! We decided to give the hotel a call and cancel and try to make it home. Pulled into our driveway at 11pm. So thankful to sleep in our own beds! :love:

The drive really wasn't bad. Maybe because my kids are older. Plus we had the big van and that really helped.

A big thanks to all the August DISers who shared their experiences. Keep them coming! :goodvibes

I made a video and slideshow of our trip. Here are the links! :hyper:

http://youtu.be/fH3IvXAD3PQ

http://youtu.be/JsHgT7tw7eQ
What a Awesome time you had! Thanks for sharing the video's and pics!! Beautiful Family!
Where did you stay?

Lori

Was there yesterday and it was hot again. DD was doing shows and is doing them again today. Surface temperature of the stage reached 172 degrees at its peak.

Crowds were clearly there but it didn't feel crowded, except at the admission gate. For some reason those lines were worse than some of the ride queues. The line to get into DL at 10:45 was all the way back into the central plaza. I suggest keeping park hopping to a minimum to avoid those lines.

Was there yesterday and it was hot again. DD was doing shows and is doing them again today. Surface temperature of the stage reached 172 degrees at its peak.

Crowds were clearly there but it didn't feel crowded, except at the admission gate. For some reason those lines were worse than some of the ride queues. The line to get into DL at 10:45 was all the way back into the central plaza. I suggest keeping park hopping to a minimum to avoid those lines.

I'll be there tomorrow:dance3:I hope it's not as hot. I'm a Texan and Friday was our alleged last day of 100+ :scared1::scared1:for the summer.:). I would love just 80's:rolleyes1

We stayed at the Desert Inn. I reserved the big corner suite. Love the view and location!

Sounds like today was the perfect park day.

Wish we were all there! I have a huge case of the post-trip blues!

We stayed at the Desert Inn. I reserved the big corner suite. Love the view and location!

Sounds like today was the perfect park day.

Wish we were all there! I have a huge case of the post-trip blues!

Have any pictures you can share.

Jack

We stopped by today for a bit. DS wanted to go back to the Disneyland Hotel, and suggested we do Disney again tomorrow. I didn't get to ride a few rides and can run over there now, but I'm just too tired. (we are in Newport Beach now, so the drive is really too much-which I know isn't too far in the grand scheme of things. I hope all who are about ready to start their trips have a great time.

[I just heard DH tell DS in bed "well, we just can't spend our whole life at disneyland] I'm thinking we might become a yearly Disney family.

We stopped by today for a bit. DS wanted to go back to the Disneyland Hotel, and suggested we do Disney again tomorrow. I didn't get to ride a few rides and can run over there now, but I'm just too tired. (we are in Newport Beach now, so the drive is really too much-which I know isn't too far in the grand scheme of things. I hope all who are about ready to start their trips have a great time.

[I just heard DH tell DS in bed "well, we just can't spend our whole life at disneyland] I'm thinking we might become a yearly Disney family.

Good to here you had a great trip, heading out now.:wizard:

I just found this on the DL website.

"Can I bring food into Disneyland Park or Disney California Adventure Park?
If you wish to bring your own food and enjoy an outdoor meal in an ideal setting, there is a complimentary Picnic Area conveniently located outside the Main Entrance to Disneyland Park.
With the exception of food items for Guests with specific dietary restrictions, food or beverage items are not permitted into either of the Disneyland Resort theme parks."

My question is, how strictly do they enforce this? Do they not even allow you take bottles of water?

If you wish to bring your own food and enjoy an outdoor meal in an ideal setting, there is a complimentary Picnic Area conveniently located outside the Main Entrance to Disneyland Park.
With the exception of food items for Guests with specific dietary restrictions, food or beverage items are not permitted into either of the Disneyland Resort theme parks."

My question is, how strictly do they enforce this? Do they not even allow you take bottles of water?

Not really enforced. They do prevent you from bringing in glass and food that hasn't been assembled, i.e. sandwich fixings versus already made sandwiches.

Thumper_Man said:

We always bring bottles of water, prepackaged snack food items and we occasionally bring in sandwiches we made at home. Whole fruit is never questioned either. They won't let you bring coolers into the park but you can store any food items in lockers just outside the park gates, including a small ice chest.

If they ask, just say someone in your party has a food allergy. No proof is required. What they want to avoid is having you bring in a full meal or two into the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter