Who here is not in the "clique" like me? Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a hot fudge sundae and Nathan had an Oreo Brownie Earthquake!! My niece didn't finsih all of her Mocha Moolatte....it was good, too!!!

I've been trying to get out of my grumpy slump.:rolleyes1

Hey, YM, did you stay at Fort Wilderness cabins in the past? What did you think of them? Were they really secluded? How was the transportation?
There is a special rate for the cabins right now. I'm curious to know what you thought

ETA:: I caught myself dozing off a couple of times during the movie!!!

Yum

Would that be a grumpy slumpy?:rotfl:

Are there two YM's on the DIS because I've never stayed at the cabins. :confused: ;) Are you thinking about changing your July reservations? I'm sure my boys would love them because they love everything about camping. I think I've read one time that the cabins aren't very big but with a family of three or four I don't think that would matter? Now for my Christmas trip you couldn't pay me to stay in one but any other time I would say go for it! I bet there is a big long thread about them somewhere.:rolleyes1

I'm sorry. I thought you mentioned that you stayed there during a trip where your mother was with you??:confused: Must be that OTHER YM I know!!!:cool2:

I mentioned that cabins to Gary and Nathan and they thought they sounded cool. I really don't think I want to stay there for just 3 nights.
Why would you not want to stay ther for your special 40th birthday December trip??:confused3 :jester:
BTW.... I got an email from Southwest today about airfare for your travel time. It involves Tues., Wed. and Saturday travel. $99 each way, I believe.

Well, Nathan is brushing his teeth....had better say goodnight!!:cloud9:

I'm sorry. I thought you mentioned that you stayed there during a trip where your mother was with you??:confused: Must be that OTHER YM I know!!!:cool2:

I mentioned that cabins to Gary and Nathan and they thought they sounded cool. I really don't think I want to stay there for just 3 nights.
Why would you not want to stay ther for your special 40th birthday December trip??:confused3 :jester:
BTW.... I got an email from Southwest today about airfare for your travel time. It involves Tues., Wed. and Saturday travel. $99 each way, I believe.

Well, Nathan is brushing his teeth....had better say goodnight!!:cloud9:

Donna...yeah I thought it might be the OTHER YM.:rotfl2:

We stayed at SOG which is a lovely resort...have I mentioned that it is a lovely resort before.:confused3 :rotfl: Sorry, I'm beginning to question what was in that shaved ice?

I know...I'm being very spoiled about the 40th birthday/Christmas trip.:snooty: It's just that the Christmas decorations are AWESOME at the WL!!!!!:cheer2: :dance3: :woohoo: DH might have to work some overtime.:rolleyes1

Well, I gues it's goodnight...one of us has to be up early.:rolleyes1

ps...I don't think 3 days in the cabins would be bad...better than seven!

Well I just got back from the dr. - my pain guy - and he gave me two shots in the hip, ouch! I was not expecting that and he did give me a choice, so I told him hurry up and do it before I change my mind. I'm hoping it helps with some of the pain, even if it's just short-term. The shots are just awful, they are cortisone injections mixed with some lidocaine to numb it up for the rest of the day. Of course the lidocaine is not working (it never works on me) so my whole leg, hip, and butt on the left side feels really weird and sore right now. I would so love to go home for the rest of the day, but I would just end up sitting at the computer at home just like I do here, so might as well not use up any PTO for that.

Lin: I sent you a PM. Congrats on officially passing your test! When does the new job start?
I hope the shots work for you! I know how much you hate all this.

Thanks for the PM, I sent you one back. And thanks for the congrats. There is a theatre meeting on August 8th and 9th and then training starts on August 13th for new teachers. Crazy!

Hello All!

I won't be posting much (at least not until the evening) because I was put on probation at work. :guilty:

This is long, so feel free to skip over it.

A couple of months ago, they asked that I start balancing settlement accounts (I work at a bank). I have never worked with anything involved with that before, but I said sure. So, a coworker started training me. I had a ton to learn and it was taking me a while (especially since every day there was something different). She said not to worry, because when she first started doing it, it would take her all day (plus, she had background with the accounts).

Anyway, it would take me all day (some days) to balance everything. I would ask her questions and she would answer them or fix stuff herself. So, I did these for almost a month when she said that she would take the workload back. She claimed that she liked doing it and it would just be easier to train on of the other girls (who had the same knowledge background as she) as a backup.

That happened on June 11. Well, today I get called into my bosses office and he tells me that I am now on a 90 day probation. He said it was because some things were messed up while I was doing the settlement accounts and my coworker had to fix those. He also said that I didn't ask questions when I should have or if I did ask questions, it wasn't to the right person. I asked who I was suppose to ask, because I asked my coworker and even him. He said that was who I was suppose to ask and then didn't say anything further. :confused:

The HR director was there as well and she wouldn't really answer anything either. All they said was that I messed up and was on probation. If I do anything wrong, I will be terminated. I was also stripped of being allowed to do fun things in my spare time (such as internet).

Apparently, the mistakes that were made happened in May, but were fixed by my coworker (because I asked her to help). I stopped doing this stuff on June 11. No one said anything during this whole time until today. I have been here a little over 2 years and have never done anything wrong.

I am just so mad and upset. I had to sign my write up and put my side on it, but it doesn't matter.

Mike thinks I should look for another job, but I do like (for the most part) where I work. Still, I don't think this situation was handled well at all.

Amber, I'm so sorry. Something doesn't seem right. If they can't give you an example I would be very suspicious. I agree with the others that you should file a grievance and possibly talk to someone else in HR without your boss involved. And 90 days for a first offence seems excessive.

Yikes, don't tell me that! My wallet is just now recovering from the big sale, I couldn't stay away.

Any "inside word" as to when the ladies' pirate tshirts are going on sale?

HAHAHA! And no, the adult pirate stuff is still in the stage set for this coming Sunday but a bunch of new items are also being released. My store only has 2 of the black and white stripped shirts left!!!

I think things really are looking good... I would have never thought really.

:goodvibes Good for you!!!

Well, I'm off to bed! Night all!

hey guys and girls---

We have started to work with another skincare system at work, so I have been so busy studying and reviewing everything. It's really exciting for us, though. I wanted to log on earlier, but I had to get a report ready for an early meeting in the morning which took me a bit longer than I wanted it to, and I just looked at the time.:eek: So, needless to say, I need to force my eyes shut, but just wanted to stop by and say HEY!!!!

I will try and catch up tomorrow after work.

Everyone have a good night/day.

I do want to say---Amber----:hug: :hug: I agree with everyone else as to wanting specifics of what happened. I hope you get to the bottom of this. They owe you an explanation.

Hi everyone!!

Lyzziesmom- if you saw POTC3 I hope you liked it! I loved it.

Amber, I'm so sorry about what happened at your job. I can't offer any advice but I agree with everyone when they say you should get some specific answers on why you are on probation.

Donna, I've stayed in the Fort Wilderness Cabins before! My parents love them. I liked it- but if I stayed there again I would have to rent a go-cart (my parents have before- I was staying at Riverside at the time though, but got to ride in the go cart some. It is pricey to rent if I'm remembering correctly though!! but if you have one, you can just drive that to the main area and then take a bus from there.) Its just a pain having to take a bus to the 'main area' (I forget what its called right now!!!!) and then take ANOTHER bus to your park....It can be very time consuming waiting for 2 busses!!! It is a fun place though, with lots of activities. You could spend a day or 2 just wondering around. I've always wanted to go horse back riding there too!!! They have a petting zoo, just a whole bunch of stuff!

Hi 2x, Linda, DznyFan, Lin (I'm loving watching the Showtime shows!!! I am almost tempted to get the live 24/7 feeds, but I'm afraid I would never leave the house:rolleyes1 ) Pozey, UnderDog, YM, Lesa, Michele, and Nicole!!!! :wave:

Good morning, everyone!!!
I think it's going to be a lovely day here today!! :sunny: I think I'm going to call for a Kona Cafe ressie this morning; I'm sooo hungry for their Pineapple Pancakes!!! I found a different version of pineapple pancakes.....I would probably pick off the raspberries!!!

622899.JPG

I hope you all have a Wonderful Wednesday!!!

Thanks Ashley for the comments on Fort Wilderness. I know I had read that if you really wanted to be able to get around the place that the golf carts were recommended. They are about $50/day I believe!! If we have time, maybe we'll check the place out for a future trip.

2x2s:: I'm glad you're getting excited about your job!!!
Hey, I noticed the new ticker, Cupcake!!! Lookin' good!!!:cool1: Hopefully they won't go on strike like last time!!!:rotfl2:

Well, better make my phone calls!!! Have a great day!!!

Donna - those pancakes look fabulous!!! (but I'm with you - I'd pick off the raspberries)

Your entirley welcome!!! (Did I say I love your sig?)....:love:
Yes, you'd mentioned that - and thank you!!! (which part do you love - the DVC part, the Disney Fan part, or the dive flag?) Personally, I'm partial to my dive flag...
Oooh - families meeting? Wow! Good Luck and have fun!

Lin - wow - start August 13? Right around the corner! When does school start for you guys? I'm so completely unprepared to have a senior in my house - I think it's denial more than anything. We've GOT to get down to OCU and UCO sometime this summer, and school starts in a month!

Lyzziesmom - how was your evening out?

Donna - I miss not having a DQ around where I live - Sonic is close, and Sonic is OK, but they don't have dip cones!!!

We saw Spamalot last night (touring company), and it was awesome!!! I have the cast recording, so I knew all the music, but I laughed so hard! We had a decent cast, but doesn't compare to Tim Curry and Sara Ramirez - oh well. If it tours in your town, go see it (if you're a Monty Python fan).

:wave2: good morning to all I missed - and have a great day!

Linda: That's funny because Transformers is the one movie he said he's already seen! I have no desire to see that movie, just not my thing. I hope you feel better soon, I know what you mean. Well, not exactly the same, but I know how it is to be in pain and just want to go lie down.
:laughing: glad he's already seen it then. At least you wouldn't have to worry about explaining anything to him though:lmao:
Yes...I bet you know all about the wanting to lie down!!! I know Mike sure does. Now that my Dr. is back in the states...he wants to get an ultrasound to check it out and see about maybe removing it.

Linda...ouch. Hope you feel better soon. I had a bad cyst during my pregnancy with DS #1. It was a very unpleasant experince to say the least.
during pregnancy:guilty: oh man...double whammy!!that sounds very unpleasant!! Cutting the caffeine sure does help! Thanks so much. You guys do make me feel better!!:hug:

I know you didn't mean for it to sound that way (I didn't think you meant that at all).

Have fun on your date!!!

Linda, I hope you feel better.
Aww thanks Ashley! I hope you're feeling better too! Hopefully you won't have so many problems at the pool too!!:eek:

Linda - although I don't know if I've have cysts or not I have had the whole 'roll up in a fetal position' pain. Not anymore :banana: . Erin gets them, but they're being managed.

well, I'm outta here - got to go home, going to go see Spamalot tonight!!!
I'm sure her dr. has told her about cutting caffeine as much as possible then. That seems to really make a big difference.:confused3 not sure why...but whatever helps!! I hope he just removes them!! When you have to squirm to get comfortable just to sit comfortable...and it feels like they're shoved against your ribs... just take it out please!!
Hope you enjoyed your evening!

Now that I'm all dolled up, I want to GO already, I'm getting hungry!!
well...how did it goprincess:
YesFiveFootTwoandEyesofBlue!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, BirthdayBirthday and, she is very sweet, going to Irish night at the ballgame Thursday. Our families will meet. Should be fun!!!!!! Thanks for askin’

Your entirley welcome!!! (Did I say I love your sig?)..
well how did we miss that:guilty: Sorry UnderDog!!! Happy belated Birthday!!party: :bday: :cake:
Sounds like things are going well w/the new lady in your life:woohoo: :cloud9: I rememer those days... :love:

I think things really are looking good... I would have never thought really.

Thanks
that's just the thing...some things are just meant to be;):love: :cloud9:

Linda:: I hope you get to feeling better. :goodvibes

Nathan and I went with my sister and niece to see Ratatouille this evening. It was ok. Not the best movie I've ever seen, but kind of cute. We went to Dairy Queen afterwards!!
DQ...that sounds SO good. Kenny wants to go see Ratatouille again. His dad took him and he wants me to take him too.. I think I'll just wait for the dvd. I'm sure Nathan enjoyed a night out:woohoo:

I choose a pina colada shaved ice.
ohhh that sounds tasty!!!

I've always wanted to go horse back riding there too!!! They have a petting zoo, just a whole bunch of stuff!
Kenny would love that! I checked that out...I think he's got a few years before he can go yet though. We have friends that have horses and Kenny loves going there and riding. Talk about being in a nervous wreck though:scared: He wears a helmet and everything but I still worry so much!! I broke my arm riding a horse when I was a kid. It was on Friday the 13th too...I'll never forget that:laughing:
Good morning, everyone!!!
I think it's going to be a lovely day here today!! :sunny: I think I'm going to call for a Kona Cafe ressie this morning; I'm sooo hungry for their Pineapple Pancakes!!! I found a different version of pineapple pancakes.....I would probably pick off the raspberries!!!

I hope you all have a Wonderful Wednesday!!!
oh thank you!! I can't wait to go to Kona Cafe!!!

They are about $50/day I believe!! If we have time, maybe we'll check the place out for a future trip.
$50 a day for a go cart:eek: WOW!! No wonder I like having my own car on property:rotfl2:

I hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday!!

YM - sorry, she didn't work yesterday! I understand new stuff is coming into the store every day and there's some awesome merchandise!
DznyFan - what is the new stuff called? Or what is the theme? And do they have it out on the floor already at the store in Woodland Hills? The boys have swim team practice tonight at 7:30, so we always have a couple hours to spare beforehand, so we may go by (buy?) and check it out.

YesFiveFootTwoandEyesofBlue!!!!!!!!!!
Woo Hoo!! :thumbsup2 (thumb)

Yep, BirthdayBirthday and, she is very sweet, going to Irish night at the ballgame Thursday. Our families will meet. Should be fun!!!!!! Thanks for askin’
Happy Belated Birthday UnderDog!! Hope you have a great time at the ballgame Thursday. Who are you going to see play? Red Sox?

Good Morning!

Thanks for the pineapple pancakes Donna! They look great!

Dznyfan- I hope you had a good evening!

Linda- I hope your feeling better!

I'm sure her dr. has told her about cutting caffeine as much as possible then. That seems to really make a big difference.:confused3 not sure why...but whatever helps!! I hope he just removes them!! When you have to squirm to get comfortable just to sit comfortable...and it feels like they're shoved against your ribs... just take it out please!!
Yeah, he did, but she's already 'off' caffeine for the most part anyway, because she tends to have some heart rate issues.

DznyFan - what is the new stuff called? Or what is the theme? And do they have it out on the floor already at the store in Woodland Hills? The boys have swim team practice tonight at 7:30, so we always have a couple hours to spare beforehand, so we may go by (buy?) and check it out.
I don't know - I wish I could tell you - I haven't seen any of it - I'm assuming it's more of that studio line... :confused3

YM: Oooh I just love shaved ice. When I lived in FL there was this awesome little place that had like 3 tables and about 50 flavors, and you could mix your flavors... I went there almost every day when I was preg. with Lyzzie, because it was HOT being preg. in FL during the summer and I needed frozen stuff all the time. I even loved frozen Sunny Delight! :rotfl: I wish I could find a good shaved ice place around here, the only time we can find any is when we go to festivals & fairs there is usually a little booth with the best stuff, sold in these flower-shaped plastic cups. So cute!

Hi Lin! Only 2 shirts left? I'd better hurry over there and bite the bullet and just buy one already. I get paid on Friday, so I guess I can afford one little tshirt. (Isn't that always how it starts?) The shots are actually working! My back still hurts, but my hip is a lot better. I almost forgot to take my meds this morning! :eek: Let's just hope the relief lasts a while. Wow, you're going to be a busy girlie come August!

Ashley: I did see POTC3 and it was great! It was so looooong though - I didn't get home until almost 1am. :scared: I'm glad I didn't take Lyzzie to it though, some scenes were a little more intense than the last ones. I think she should wait to see it until we can rent (or buy) it - we love putting on the subtitles so we can understand all those phony heavy accents. ;) We've gone to FW for the campout and for Hoop-de-Doo, we missed the petting zoo though because the first time it was closed, and the second time it was raining. Maybe we'll do that on our day off in September. Have you done the horseback riding? Is there an age limit or do you think Lyzzie could go? Is it just a trail ride? I used to ride horses, I got lessons for my 11th birthday and it was one of the best gifts ever. There was a farm at the end of our street when we lived in TX and I would just walk to my lessons all by myself - let me tell you, getting back up that hill after the first lesson nearly killed me! Horseback riding is hard on those little legs!!

Did I tell you guys about a few weeks ago when we went to the farm, Emma was finally old enough to do the pony rides and she was SO excited. They just walk the kids around a figure-8 path with an attendant leading the pony. Well the girl wasn't paying attention and Emma started to slide off the pony sideways! I had to yell at the girl and tell the loading attendant, I mean she was almost perpendicular in her seat the poor baby! She loved it anyway and can't wait to do it again. The little booger will probably lean sideways on purpose next time.

Lyzziesmom - how was your evening out?

I miss not having a DQ around where I live - Sonic is close, and Sonic is OK, but they don't have dip cones!!!

It was really nice, thanks for asking! After the movie we went to eat at Denny's... nothing great but it was late and not much was open. I was thinking it was just a nice, friendly evening out -- he paid for the movie & dinner, I paid for snacks -- and then he walked me to my door and planted on one me! :scared1: That was a surprise... we are going out again on Thursday. :rolleyes1 I'm still not sure where I'd like this to go but for now it's pretty good, I'm kind of liking the casual thing. Never done that before so as long as I can refrain from becoming a nervous wreck I'm good! :thumbsup2 (thumb)

Mmmm.... dip cones. Do they still do the butterscotch ones? I looked high and low for butterscotch or caramel Magic Shell at the grocery store but no luck, I don't think they make it anymore. Too bad, that was my favorite. :guilty: Why do they always quit making the stuff I like? Is my taste that bad??

Yes...I bet you know all about the wanting to lie down!!! I know Mike sure does.

Oh yes, and then the lying down hurts after a few minutes too. Last night I was actually able to lay on my left side for the first time in 3 years... wow! I was so comfy but I couldn't sleep that way because it felt weird. :confused3

pozey: I was checking out the new disney store website - a lot of the new Studio stuff is available online. I'd imagine there is more in the store though... only one way to find out! Gotta swing buy and see. :rotfl2:

Yeah, he did, but she's already 'off' caffeine for the most part anyway, because she tends to have some heart rate issues.

I don't know - I wish I could tell you - I haven't seen any of it - I'm assuming it's more of that studio line... :confused3
that's good she doesn't drink the caffeine. I love Mt. Dew...but it doesn't love me:guilty: I've GOT to quit drinking it!!! I have cut down a lot...but evidentally not enough:rolleyes1 it effects my heart rate too! Is her knee all healed and better?

I did see POTC3 and it was great! It was so looooong though - I didn't get home until almost 1am. :scared:
Oh yes, and then the lying down hurts after a few minutes too. Last night I was actually able to lay on my left side for the first time in 3 years... wow! I was so comfy but I couldn't sleep that way because it felt weird. :confused3

pozey: I was checking out the new disney store website - a lot of the new Studio stuff is available online. I'd imagine there is more in the store though... only one way to find out! Gotta swing buy and see. :rotfl2:

1am...sounds like a good time though. left side for the 1st in 3 years:woohoo: that is great!! Mike has to lay on his right side all the time...I tell him he just doesn't want to wake up and have the:scared1: no makeup scary looking right at him:rotfl: I'll have to check out that new site too..do they have adult sizes in the studio stuff...our TDS only had childrens:rolleyes1

well...here is where I've made adr's for Dec. so far...is there anywhere else we REALLY should go???

Crystal Palace, before opening of coarse:cloud9:

Kona Cafe for breakfast and lunch of coarse!!

Ohana for breakfast and dinner:woohoo:
yeah..gotta enjoy those Poly dining areas ;)

Le Cellier:love:

Coral Reef:yay:

WCC for Christmas dinner

I'm thinking maybe another Epcot dinner...or maybe Rainforest on Christmas day on way to AK from MK...for lunch...??? Thought I'd get some ideas from you guys. Maybe something new...
we've been to CRT, Chef Mickeys, Concourse, Narcoossees, V&A, Yachtsman, Rose & Crown, Donalds Breakfastosaurus....
Have any of you been to the ones in Italy, Germany, France??? maybe something over there to add in the mix?Thanks!!!!

I have a question for anyone who has recently been to WDW.

While you were there, did you notice if there were any WDW beach towels for sale anywhere?

I'm not talking about the movie-based or related beach towels they have at the Disney Store. I want a beach towel that is more Walt Disney World related.

I have an old "100 Years of Magic" (or is it "Happiest Celebration on Earth"?) beach towel that Chase uses almost on a daily basis. And it is becoming very worn.

I have searched Ebay, and I can find a lot of beach towels, but most are movie related - Pirates, Cars, Incredibles, etc. - but nothing WDW related.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter