Who here is not in the "clique" like me? Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellokitty86

I miss my tags.
Hi Donna :)

I know anybody can make ADR's, but there used to be a restriction for those staying offsite...(I'm not staying offsite, I just dont have my ressies booked yet) they used to give an 'advantage' to those staying onsite, meaning you could book earlier than the general public....I was wondering if they changed that..It used to be, if your staying onsite you could book 190 days in advance, and everyone else 180 (so thats 10 days in advance they give disney resort guests)- but I'm just wondering if they changed it..:confused3 Right now its 186 days until I'm planning on going, so I wanted to get my restaurants in order if I could make it that much in advance.

I don't think I'm making any sense :confused3 I guess I'll go to allears.net to get my answer :thumbsup2 (thumb!)

Nicole, yes it was The Marine I didn't like :scared:

Ashley, I see what you mean. I didn't realize you could ever book earlier like that. DUH!! I never knew that.:blush:

Ashley, I see what you mean. I didn't realize you could ever book earlier like that. DUH!! I never knew that.:blush:

Now I'm realizing, if I call exactly 180 days from my arrival date, the other dates will be more than 180 days and I wont be able to make those. :crazy:

I am really obsessive about restaurant planning. :bitelip: :blush:

Jeremiah keeps telling me "ASHLEY, the times will NOT all be taken up" but I don't believe him .:stir:

What are you wanting to do in Memphis? Just curious.

I wanted to go to Graceland and I'm not sure what else!:rotfl: I don't know too much about it, I just want to go! I'll have to price everything out. If it is close to what we would pay to go to WDW we will just go to WDW. Which I think we will probably end up doing anyways.

Pozey- Those pics of Courtney are great! I love her dress.

Ashley- I didn't have to watch the Marine! Steven watched it without me!:cool1:

Why do they move the smilies all the time?:confused: It's getting annoying!

Ashley: I hate to tell you this but Jeremiah's probably right. We went to WDW in early September for the last two years and made our ADRs about a month or two ahead of time, even 2 years ago we got CRT only a month ahead of time. And last year we called & got into Concourse Steakhouse an hour before we ate there! That was the day we got rained out at that other park and decided to have an unscheduled dinner, I called WDW dining on the way out of the other park and we got an ADR for an hour later, we just headed right over and watched Wishes after dinner. Even with free dining, the parks just aren't that busy during that time of year, because people don't like to pull their kids out of school during the first month. I on the other hand think it's a great time to miss school - all they are missing is review from the previous year.

pozey: Lyzzie and I were admiring the pictures of Courtney. She is just such a beautiful girl.

Lyzzie is on her last homework question. Her grade is working on mystery books, and they are broken out into reading groups. She is in the highest level group, which is part of the reason why she has so much homework. The other reason is because she didn't tell me earlier, and she should have had 4 days to do it but she's cramming it all into one. I had her do 20 minutes at a time, it only took 3 sessions and that includes a lot of snacking, potty breaks and general stalling. The funny part is, in between the homework she has been playing "homeschool" with Emma all day!

I've got to go light a fire under her behind to get this last question done & get her in bed before Desperate Housewives comes on. Have a great night! :)

Lyzziesmom,
Suuuuure, take his side ;) I'm just like Lyzzie, when I was in school I would wait until the last.possible.minute and then crack the books open! :thumbsup2 (thumb!)

Enjoy your show, I've actually never watched that one!!! Maybe I should rent the other seasons.

I want to go watch Desperate Housewives too.

I made a new thread asking about things to do in Memphis. Lets see how long it takes for it to sink to the bottom!!!:rotfl: I probably should have created it tomorrow morning!

Lyzziesmom,
Suuuuure, take his side ;) I'm just like Lyzzie, when I was in school I would wait until the last.possible.minute and then crack the books open! :thumbsup2 (thumb!)

Enjoy your show, I've actually never watched that one!!! Maybe I should rent the other seasons.

DH is pretty good this season. The first season was good, second was alright and this one is good. You should watch it.

Lyzziesmom- You watch Heroes, right? I want to watch it but have never seen it, so I will just watch the dvds when they come out. It looks really good!

I want to go watch Desperate Housewives too.

I made a new thread asking about things to do in Memphis. Lets see how long it takes for it to sink to the bottom!!!:rotfl: I probably should have created it tomorrow morning!

I had to chuckle about that comment, Nicole!!!:joker:

Goodnight, Chicas!!!:wave2:

Wicked was wickedly wonderful! They moved the smilies again!!!:furious:

We took the 11:00 train into union station. The weather didn't seem all that bad, so we decided we would walk. I'm happy we did, I love looking at all the old architecture on the buildings. I could just spend the day looking at old buildings. We passed a guy sitting on the street, he asked us for some change. We said we didn't have any (we really didn't), he said that was o.k. he took all major credit cards.:lmao: Just for that I wish we had had some change to give him.:rotfl:

The Ford theater is incredibly beautiful. We had wonderful seats, straight center on the louge (sp). The show was as great as I knew it would be. I had goosebumps the whole time, I even cried at the end. :sad1: Did I say it was a great show!!!:p

After the show we walked what seemed 40 (really only 4) blocks in the bitter cold to the cheesecake factory. We had a choice, we could stay and eat but we would miss the 6:30 train and have to wait for the 8:30 train or order the food and take it to go. We decided to take it to go. So we ordered the bang bang chicken and shrimp to share and a piece of white chocolate caramel latte cheesecake, YUMMY!!!

We caught a cab to take us back to the train station. Oh my, I don't think the cab driver could have driven any faster though the streets of Chicago.:scared: On the way he told us that after tonight his cab was going into retirement, not a minute too soon either.:scared1: It sounded like it was going to fall apart along the way.:eek: Anyway, we made it safely to the train on time and enjoy our meal as we got several strange looks from other passengers.:confused3 :lmao:

Just a little bump to help out a friend:p

It is really quiet around here tonight with no Lilly. :sad1:

Matt and Nick are so bummed with Blake...we bought 2 new TV's and hooked up none of them:confused3 :lmao:

Blake plays hockey every Sunday night and didn't have enough time so it will have to wait until tomorrow night. We still need to buy a stand for the living room one anyway.

We are going to move the existing TV down the basement. It is a big screen but one of the older ones that is pretty deep. He wants to cut a hole in the wall between the living area and the furnace room and recess the TV in it so we get more floor space. Now he is talking about building shelves into the wall next to it to hold the DVD player and TIVO. This in addition to the window, removing the paneling and drywalling the whole thing. We are going to recarpet the whole area except where the computer desk will go, that he is going to tile.

Blake is incredibly handy and will be able to do it all but it will take up the next few weekends and be really messy. Oh well it will be so nice when it is done!!

I'm off to watch the new season of Girls Next Door...it is so trashy it's funny.

Have a great night!!:wave2:

Wicked was wickedly wonderful! They moved the smilies again!!!:furious:

We took the 11:00 train into union station. The weather didn't seem all that bad, so we decided we would walk. I'm happy we did, I love looking at all the old architecture on the buildings. I could just spend the day looking at old buildings. We passed a guy sitting on the street, he asked us for some change. We said we didn't have any (we really didn't), he said that was o.k. he took all major credit cards.:lmao: Just for that I wish we had had some change to give him.:rotfl:

The Ford theater is incredibly beautiful. We had wonderful seats, straight center on the louge (sp). The show was as great as I knew it would be. I had goosebumps the whole time, I even cried at the end. :sad1: Did I say it was a great show!!!:p

After the show we walked what seemed 40 (really only 4) blocks in the bitter cold to the cheesecake factory. We had a choice, we could stay and eat but we would miss the 6:30 train and have to wait for the 8:30 train or order the food and take it to go. We decided to take it to go. So we ordered the bang bang chicken and shrimp to share and a piece of white chocolate caramel latte cheesecake, YUMMY!!!

We caught a cab to take us back to the train station. Oh my, I don't think the cab driver could have driven any faster though the streets of Chicago.:scared: On the way he told us that after tonight his cab was going into retirement, not a minute too soon either.:scared1: It sounded like it was going to fall apart along the way.:eek: Anyway, we made it safely to the train on time and enjoy our meal as we got several strange looks from other passengers.:confused3 :lmao:

Sounds like you had a great time...I'm glad.

Call me tomorrow and tell me all about it!!!

Donna: Did you make your ADRs?

Michele: This is going to be the hard part, sharing! Poor Briana.:grouphug: I'm glad she is going to go stay there with Lilly. I can't even imagine how hard this is going to be.:sad1: Tell her to call me when she gets a chance so we can chat about Wicked.:cool1: Pottery barn stuff would be so cute!:goodvibes We were saying while we were there that we wished we had a little baby to buy the stuff for.:rotfl2: Be careful what you wish for!:lmao: I'm not taking Grace over there until they have time to forget about the couch, I need a dog sitter for June!;)

I read Marley and Me on our trip to Disney last March. It had me laughing hysterically and sobbing. Marley so reminded me of our dog Bailey.;)

Pozey: You have an incredibly beautiful daughter!:)

Lizziesmom: I hope you got your sump pump fixed.

YM: I'm glad your ds is feeling better. Maddie seems to be doing a little bit better. She is still congested and she has dark circles around her poor little eyes. I will see how she is doing tomorrow. They have a half day so that is good. I think Britty is getting sick now too. The bad thing is, she can't miss any school this week, they have ISAP. Why do they do those during cold and flu season anyway?

Linda: My wrist kill me too! I think it is too much computer time!;)

Nicole: Memphis instead of Disney?!?!:faint: A bead brunch sounds like fun.

Hi to anyone I missed and with that I'm heading off to bed! ;)

Good evening everyone!!

Lesa, glad you had such a great time at Wicked. It is a wonderful show!

Michelle, its so nice that Lily's daddy is involved with her! Hope Bri gets a great nights sleep!!!

Nicole, Chris and I went to Graceland on our way home from MA a few years ago. It was fun but its only a days worth of stuff to do, and a bunch of the exibits are extra tickets which I thought was stupid. Don't know much about what else there is to do in Memphis.

Ashley, you crack me up with your ADR stuff!

Donna, I really enjoyed Sci-Fi on my trip in January. I was actually suprised at how versatile the menu was. Ashley had pasta and I had a rheben(sp?). It seemed like there was something for everyone.

Hmm..I wasn't done with my post but it posted it for me...odd.

Linda, sorry your wrist is hurting. Hope Kenny had a good time with his dad. I bet you are ready to get him back!

Bonnie, that shark picture made me do a double take.

Pozey, I love those pictures of Courney! They remind me of the way pictures looked before digital photography. They have a nostalgic quality that makes them all the more beautiful.

Chris and I rented a couple of movies yesterday. The Sentinel and Little Miss Sunshine. The Sentinel is really good. Reminded me of the old school Harrison Ford movies like Patriot Games. Little Miss Sunshine is cute but a little slow moving. I would still recommend both of them!

Hi to everyone!!

The weekend went by way too quickly. I have to work early in the morning, but I promised Mr. P a banana pudding pie recipe------so-------

Pozey-------here it is------ta da!!!!
I just thought of you when I saw this recipe in the Feb. issue. A little twist with the meringue topping, I noticed. Doesn't the traditional banana pudding have whipped cream?? Let us know if you get to make this.:beach:

Banana Pudding Pie
From
Southern Living

Prep: 20 min.; Bake: 24 min.; Cool: 1 hr., 30 min.; Chill: 4 hr. Hang on to your egg yolks--you'll be using them in the Vanilla Cream Filling.

1 (12-oz.) box vanilla wafers, divided
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 large bananas, sliced
Vanilla Cream Filling (recipe follows)
4 egg whites
1/2 cup sugar

1. Set aside 30 vanilla wafers; pulse remaining vanilla wafers in a food processor 8 to 10 times or until coarsely crushed. (Yield should be about 2 1/2 cups.) Stir together crushed vanilla wafers and butter until blended. Firmly press on bottom, up sides, and onto lip of a 9-inch pieplate.

2. Bake at 350° for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to a wire rack, and let cool 30 minutes or until completely cool.

3. Arrange banana slices evenly over bottom of crust. Prepare Vanilla Cream Filling, and spread half of hot filling over bananas; top with 20 vanilla wafers. Spread remaining hot filling over vanilla wafers. (Filling will be about 1/4 inch higher than top edge of crust.)

4. Beat egg whites at high speed with an electric mixer until foamy. Add sugar, 1 Tbsp. at a time, beating until stiff peaks form and sugar dissolves. Spread meringue evenly over hot filling, sealing the edges.

5. Bake at 350° for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven, and let cool 1 hour on a wire rack or until completely cool. Coarsely crush remaining 10 vanilla wafers, and sprinkle evenly over top of pie. Chill 4 hours.

Note: For testing purposes only, we used Nabisco Nilla Wafers.

Yield: Makes 8 servings

Southern Living, FEBRUARY 2007

Vanilla Cream Filling
From
Southern Living

Prep: 5 min., Cook: 10 min.
This recipe goes with Banana Pudding Pie

3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
2 large eggs
4 egg yolks
2 cups milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

1. Whisk together first 5 ingredients in a heavy saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, whisking constantly, 8 to 10 minutes or until it reaches the thickness of chilled pudding. (Mixture will just begin to bubble and will be thick enough to hold soft peaks when whisk is lifted.) Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla. Use immediately.

Yield: Makes about 3 cups

Southern Living, FEBRUARY 2007

I haven't had a chance to catch up and my eyelids are dreary, so I think I must call it a night. Have a good night kids!!!

Donna: I forgot to tell you about my experiences at the SciFi. I love this place! The atmosphere is so great, it almost reminds me of the Mexico pavillion just because of the way it is made to look like you are outdoors at night. I think this makes it especially fun to go there when it's still light outside. I haven't been for lunch but have done an early dinner and a late dinner (on different trips). The food is great - but remember, I'm not a foodie so take that w/a grain of salt. Last time they didn't cook my steak enough for me, and they ended up taking the meal off the bill - we were on the DDP (free dining, no less) and ended up with an extra meal credit from it. They were really great about it. The service there has been fantastic every time. The only drawback in my opinion is how they will seat you in a "car" with another party, and it's awfully close quarters. It's also very dark in there and hard to see your food, which I don't really like. Anyway, I can't remember if you were deciding whether to go there at all or deciding between lunch and dinner, but I'd say if you've never been you should definitely try it. It's very unique and lots of fun!

Hi 2x!!

Hi everyone else! Talk to you all tomorrow.

Hi everyone!

We just got home and while we were walking up the stairs I fell :sad: So I'm laying on the couch with a heating pad, because I think I pulled a muscle in my back.

Donna, since everyone is commenting about the Sci Fi. I've eaten there twice- both times I thought the food was OK- But I just love the atmosphere! It is so much fun.

I hope you all have a great nights sleep!!! :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter